Ohio cop kills driver in traffic stop

Related:
Create New Tag

7/30/2015 8:01 AM

|

7/30/2015 8:10 AM

Man the body cam footage of this one does not look good for that cop.

|

7/30/2015 8:10 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2015 8:11 AM

doesnt look too good for the cop. It appears he probably screwed up.

|

7/30/2015 8:17 AM

It looks like the cop got dragged

|

7/30/2015 9:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2015 9:19 AM

Mustard Tiger wrote:

It looks like the cop got dragged

How do you get dragged when you are in front of the guy that you shot?

Either way that is the story that the cop tried to make up. Seem seems like you and him are on the same team.


P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

7/30/2015 9:26 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2015 9:32 AM

|

Who Ever Dies With The Most Toys Wins...
No Point Waiting Till Then... Newman Wins





7/30/2015 10:53 AM

I am a pretty big supporter of the PoPo normally. They running situations every day that we never have to deal with for sure.

That said this is one place where I am at a loss. The only thing that has me not jumping gone the Murder bandwagon is obviously the dude was going to take off and did not care if he had to run over the cop to do so. Otherwise why the hell did the car take off after the shot. It just seems to me that the cop went trigger happy when the guy did not want to get out of the car. Fuck it man let him go. I just don't see forcefully opening the guys door at the point he tried to.

Take a step back and tell his ass to get out. If he refuses let some backup come so you don't get in the situation you are now in.

I would love to see dash video from the patrol car has anyone heard if there is any?

|

7/30/2015 11:30 AM

DemoDick wrote:

I am a pretty big supporter of the PoPo normally. They running situations every day that we never have to deal with for sure.

That said this is one place where I am at a loss. The only thing that has me not jumping gone the Murder bandwagon is obviously the dude was going to take off and did not care if he had to run over the cop to do so. Otherwise why the hell did the car take off after the shot. It just seems to me that the cop went trigger happy when the guy did not want to get out of the car. Fuck it man let him go. I just don't see forcefully opening the guys door at the point he tried to.

Take a step back and tell his ass to get out. If he refuses let some backup come so you don't get in the situation you are now in.

I would love to see dash video from the patrol car has anyone heard if there is any?

if a dash cam did catch it, we will prob never see it

|

7/30/2015 11:46 AM

Reasonable? You? whatever..............

|

To be born an Englishman is to win first prize in the lottery of life.

To be born Swiss is to take the cash alternative.
.

7/30/2015 11:46 AM

imoto34 wrote:

if a dash cam did catch it, we will prob never see it

Why would you say that? Didn't they share the body cam footage?

|

7/30/2015 12:19 PM

I can't wait to hear what a saint that guy was.....

Regardless, that cop seemed to have fucked up!

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

7/30/2015 12:28 PM

That cop is an idiot and deserves to be punished.

But I honestly can't understand why people feel the need to resist and argue with cops, and in this case put the car in gear and try to drive away. It just makes no sense to me, at all.

If the guy had answered his question the first time, unbuckled his seat belt, and if asked, got out of the car...he'd likely still be alive...he may have gotten arrested, but he'd still be alive...and if any of his rights were violated he would be alive to fight that battle in court (with body cam footage to support his case). (I'm not saying the cop was justified, the cop's an idiot...but on the street at the time of a stop isn't the time to be fighting with the police.)

|

7/30/2015 1:01 PM

shoot first, ask questions later

|

7/30/2015 1:02 PM

peelout wrote:

shoot first, ask questions later

In fairness, how many times did he ask the question?? 10?

Although I don't believe that not providing a DL should be a death sentence....

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

7/30/2015 1:08 PM

peelout wrote:

shoot first, ask questions later

huck wrote:

In fairness, how many times did he ask the question?? 10?

Although I don't believe that not providing a DL should be a death sentence....

don't get me wrong, i'll never argue with a cop and i'm always over the top polite to avoid a situation where i could be taken the wrong way. some people just want to argue and resist... but to get shot and killed for it?

|

7/30/2015 1:15 PM

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

7/30/2015 1:22 PM

peelout wrote:

shoot first, ask questions later

huck wrote:

In fairness, how many times did he ask the question?? 10?

Although I don't believe that not providing a DL should be a death sentence....

peelout wrote:

don't get me wrong, i'll never argue with a cop and i'm always over the top polite to avoid a situation where i could be taken the wrong way. some people just want to argue and resist... but to get shot and killed for it?

Totally. I don't disagree at all the was WAY too much from the cop.


And not that it's an excuse, BUT if the guy had given his DL, and not tried to drive off, he'd still be alive and the cop wouldn't have shot him.


Now, both of them have their lives changed forever.

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

7/30/2015 1:23 PM

P wrote:

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

Way to throw the race card!


Maybe the guy was a known drug dealer?
Maybe the guy had been supplying alcohol to youth?
Maybe the guy is known for breaking and entering?

You don't fucking know, so don't assume, race baiter!

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

7/30/2015 1:29 PM

P wrote:

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

huck wrote:

Way to throw the race card!


Maybe the guy was a known drug dealer?
Maybe the guy had been supplying alcohol to youth?
Maybe the guy is known for breaking and entering?

You don't fucking know, so don't assume, race baiter!

Ummmmmm, he was stopped for not having a tag on the front of his car. There is no mention whatsoever that the victim was any of those things or was suspected of doing any of those things. The fact that he has been charged with murder AND the DA and Police departments are not on his side should give you an indication that what he did was probably not warranted.

Also, I just stated a fact that is pretty well known in that area.


P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

7/30/2015 1:47 PM

P wrote:

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

huck wrote:

Way to throw the race card!


Maybe the guy was a known drug dealer?
Maybe the guy had been supplying alcohol to youth?
Maybe the guy is known for breaking and entering?

You don't fucking know, so don't assume, race baiter!

P wrote:

Ummmmmm, he was stopped for not having a tag on the front of his car. There is no mention whatsoever that the victim was any of those things or was suspected of doing any of those things. The fact that he has been charged with murder AND the DA and Police departments are not on his side should give you an indication that what he did was probably not warranted.

Also, I just stated a fact that is pretty well known in that area.


P

Photo


Hey, crybaby...I agreed with you that the police man overreacted and shouldn't have killed this guy. I was making a point about how stupid it is to ASSUME things about the case, when you don't know the facts... But hey, don't let that stop you, it's worked so well in Florida, Ferguson, New York, and Baltimore....
|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....

7/30/2015 2:02 PM

huck wrote:

Way to throw the race card!


Maybe the guy was a known drug dealer?
Maybe the guy had been supplying alcohol to youth?
Maybe the guy is known for breaking and entering?

You don't fucking know, so don't assume, race baiter!

P wrote:

Ummmmmm, he was stopped for not having a tag on the front of his car. There is no mention whatsoever that the victim was any of those things or was suspected of doing any of those things. The fact that he has been charged with murder AND the DA and Police departments are not on his side should give you an indication that what he did was probably not warranted.

Also, I just stated a fact that is pretty well known in that area.


P

huck wrote: Photo


Hey, crybaby...I agreed with you that the police man overreacted and shouldn't have killed this guy. I was making a point about how stupid it is to ASSUME things about the case, when you don't know the facts... But hey, don't let that stop you, it's worked so well in Florida, Ferguson, New York, and Baltimore....

Those are completely different cases. This guy as been CHARGED without any protest or additional light being brought to the case. The reason that you know about it is BECAUSE the cop was charged, not because the DA hasn't filed any charges.

From what I can tell the DA and the city Police feel that there are enough facts to charge the officer. Even the DA said that it was a chicken shit stop, and those are not my words.


P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

7/30/2015 6:31 PM

DemoDick wrote:

I am a pretty big supporter of the PoPo normally. They running situations every day that we never have to deal with for sure.

That said this is one place where I am at a loss. The only thing that has me not jumping gone the Murder bandwagon is obviously the dude was going to take off and did not care if he had to run over the cop to do so. Otherwise why the hell did the car take off after the shot. It just seems to me that the cop went trigger happy when the guy did not want to get out of the car. Fuck it man let him go. I just don't see forcefully opening the guys door at the point he tried to.

Take a step back and tell his ass to get out. If he refuses let some backup come so you don't get in the situation you are now in.

I would love to see dash video from the patrol car has anyone heard if there is any?

imoto34 wrote:

if a dash cam did catch it, we will prob never see it

vet323 wrote:

Why would you say that? Didn't they share the body cam footage?

that pd isnt going to post up a vid of their officer commiting murder on duty.

|

7/30/2015 8:27 PM

imoto34 wrote:

if a dash cam did catch it, we will prob never see it

vet323 wrote:

Why would you say that? Didn't they share the body cam footage?

imoto34 wrote:

that pd isnt going to post up a vid of their officer commiting murder on duty.

I think they did just that.

|

7/30/2015 9:00 PM

P wrote:

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

Holy shit... his tone? haha.. dude was polite until about the third or four time he had to ask this douche for his license. And guess what, Campus police go through the same training as any other officer on any force so what does it matter what type of cop he was?

Also, guess what... when someone doesn't have an ID on their person and then tends to avoid the question about their ID.. that is a clue.. a clue that there is more to the story then what appears... Maybe this cop already knew who he was dealing with too, he may have known he did not have a license and was asking so he would be told he didn't have one.. I mean, he has been arrested more then 50 times.. not like this asshole was a stranger to the police!

|

7/30/2015 11:09 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/30/2015 11:22 PM

...

|

7/31/2015 5:58 AM

P wrote:

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

JoJmoto wrote:

Holy shit... his tone? haha.. dude was polite until about the third or four time he had to ask this douche for his license. And guess what, Campus police go through the same training as any other officer on any force so what does it matter what type of cop he was?

Also, guess what... when someone doesn't have an ID on their person and then tends to avoid the question about their ID.. that is a clue.. a clue that there is more to the story then what appears... Maybe this cop already knew who he was dealing with too, he may have known he did not have a license and was asking so he would be told he didn't have one.. I mean, he has been arrested more then 50 times.. not like this asshole was a stranger to the police!

1. The DA himself said in his press conference that it was a chicken shit stop. Not my words.

2. It's FUNNY how you guys love to throw in this "maybe he knew this" and "maybe that" when there is NOOOOOO indication whatsoever that there is any "maybe" to be thrown out. THEY ARE CHARGING HIM WITH MURDER. Of all of the high profile shootings that have come out lately I haven't heard any of the DA's or Police chief's come out and pretty much say that the cop murdered the guy.

3. The cop came off as an asshole to me after the first 10 seconds or so. Maybe there is a reason that he was a University cop instead of a "real" cop.............


P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

7/31/2015 6:27 AM

P wrote:

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

huck wrote:

Way to throw the race card!


Maybe the guy was a known drug dealer?
Maybe the guy had been supplying alcohol to youth?
Maybe the guy is known for breaking and entering?

You don't fucking know, so don't assume, race baiter!

The cop screwed up, he was an incompetent dumb ass, I say manslaughter. Anyway fact is if the dumb ass had not tried to run he would be alive, running from the cops is not a right. I think the cop accidentally pulled the trigger. Ha ha P labels a whole town racist, what happened to treating folks by the content of their character? So you are against MLK's teachings P?

|

7/31/2015 6:32 AM

|

7/31/2015 6:43 AM

P wrote:

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

huck wrote:

Way to throw the race card!


Maybe the guy was a known drug dealer?
Maybe the guy had been supplying alcohol to youth?
Maybe the guy is known for breaking and entering?

You don't fucking know, so don't assume, race baiter!

Crash82 wrote:

The cop screwed up, he was an incompetent dumb ass, I say manslaughter. Anyway fact is if the dumb ass had not tried to run he would be alive, running from the cops is not a right. I think the cop accidentally pulled the trigger. Ha ha P labels a whole town racist, what happened to treating folks by the content of their character? So you are against MLK's teachings P?

I didn't label "the whole town racist", I simple stated a well known sentiment about the area.

Shot him accidently...........that I doubt.


P

|

The Josie Wales of Vitalmx

7/31/2015 6:56 AM

P wrote:

Just the officer's tone suggested to me that he wanted to be a hard ass IMO. And he was a University of Cincinnati cop, not a city cop, sheriff, or state trooper. WTF is a University cop stopping anyone for a missing front license tag, especially if they have a rear tag? Also, Cincinnati is known for having race issues.


P

JoJmoto wrote:

Holy shit... his tone? haha.. dude was polite until about the third or four time he had to ask this douche for his license. And guess what, Campus police go through the same training as any other officer on any force so what does it matter what type of cop he was?

Also, guess what... when someone doesn't have an ID on their person and then tends to avoid the question about their ID.. that is a clue.. a clue that there is more to the story then what appears... Maybe this cop already knew who he was dealing with too, he may have known he did not have a license and was asking so he would be told he didn't have one.. I mean, he has been arrested more then 50 times.. not like this asshole was a stranger to the police!

P wrote:

1. The DA himself said in his press conference that it was a chicken shit stop. Not my words.

2. It's FUNNY how you guys love to throw in this "maybe he knew this" and "maybe that" when there is NOOOOOO indication whatsoever that there is any "maybe" to be thrown out. THEY ARE CHARGING HIM WITH MURDER. Of all of the high profile shootings that have come out lately I haven't heard any of the DA's or Police chief's come out and pretty much say that the cop murdered the guy.

3. The cop came off as an asshole to me after the first 10 seconds or so. Maybe there is a reason that he was a University cop instead of a "real" cop.............


P

Of course the DA is going to rule on the side of caution... with what the fucking retards have done in the past regarding this shit, who can blame him....

|

The message posted above is most likely my opinion and shouldn't be taken as fact....