Oh man that was close!

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2019 8:00 PM

Been getting in some good rides (street and dirt) lately while the weather is awesome this time of yr in AZ.

Anyway, did a 160 mile loop in the local mountains with a group of friends last weekend and my G/F on the back.

So yesterday I rolled my bike around in the garage and saw this! shocked

Photo

What's really weird is it doesn't LEAK!

Tire is 10 months old and has about 4000 miles on it. Not sure if I should try putting a plug in it?

Photo
Photo
Photo

Photo

Photo

|

1/30/2019 8:04 PM

My fleet shop for work won’t plug anything that involves the sidewall and will replace any tire with sidewall issues. That’s on cars/SUV’s.

I wouldn’t plug a street bike tire ever, but that’s because I would be paranoid by the thought of a motorcycle tire being compromised.

|

1/30/2019 8:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2019 8:31 PM

If it doesn't leak after pulling it out then it never went through the belts. Personally, I would ride on it (and have done that on more than one occasion). But, you're carrying a passenger so that's a different story. I don't think you should have an issue with it but it's your call obviously.

|

1/30/2019 8:46 PM

I strongly recomend this

Simple and works really well.
|

1/30/2019 8:54 PM

Just glad you're both okay, it could've been sketchy.

|

"If you are going through HELL, keep going."-Winston Churchill
"A man needs a little madness or else he never dares cut the rope and be free"-Zorba
Blur the technicolor

1/30/2019 9:00 PM

Thanks guys I went and ordered this for $106 shipped to the door.
Can't beat Rocky Mountain!
And I like supporting RM as they support Moto. smile Photo

Bridgestone Battlax S21 Hypersport Rear Motorcycle Tire 180/55ZR-17 (73W) - Rear - 2001

|

1/30/2019 9:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 1/30/2019 9:04 PM

oldblood wrote:

Just glad you're both okay, it could've been sketchy.

Thanks man, yea we were at 110 + when it was "safe"....

Can't imagine what it would have been like if my tire went FLAT! ermm

|

1/30/2019 9:05 PM

I've been running mostly S21s the last couple of years. I really like them. I also run the Dunlop Q3+. Whichever happens to have the best deal at the time. Usually one of them has a good rebate.

|