Officers shot in Compton

Edited Date/Time 9/23/2020 4:37pm
police shooting in Compton

If you have a TV I'm sure you're aware of what happened in Compton on saturday. I had heard a blurb or two about it on the news, but wasn't really paying attention. Then I went to work....

As I walked in there were 10 cop cars at each entrance to the hospital. I thought it seemed interesting, but there was no real activity or protestors. I heard that people were trying to rush into the ER entrance, and people were chanting that they hoped to the cops died and all sorts of other crazy stuff. I don't have any knowledge beyond just what I've seen on tv, but it seems like the two victims were seen in the ER and are recovering after surgery.

I feel mostly safe in the ER. There are officers at most of the entrances. My only fear is that if I end up assigned to the outdoor Covid tent I'm kind of out in the wide open for some dumbass to come in and do something stupid. I have three working days left on this contract. But who's counting?

I'm going to leave for work in about 20 minutes. I will let you guys know what it looks like and take lots of pictures if there's any activity.
|
jeffro503
9/14/2020 2:09pm
Stay safe man. Things like this happen , and it makes me sick. Myself personally , .....attacks on our men and women in law enforcement , is an attack on this country. Same could be said about arsonist's. I believe here in Oregon , we just caught our 6th arsonist. Special place in hell for these effing people.
JeremyK
9/14/2020 2:55pm
Stay safe man , who really is gonna go near the covid tent though?
omalley
9/14/2020 3:07pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Stay safe man. Things like this happen , and it makes me sick. Myself personally , .....attacks on our men and women in law enforcement...
Stay safe man. Things like this happen , and it makes me sick. Myself personally , .....attacks on our men and women in law enforcement , is an attack on this country. Same could be said about arsonist's. I believe here in Oregon , we just caught our 6th arsonist. Special place in hell for these effing people.
Several years ago, I read a piece about wildfires appealing to the terror groups as a possible method of causing widespread panic and depleting resources. I find it more than a bit coincidental that as several other things (COVID, George Floyd, murder hornets, etc) are waning in their chaos-causing ability, we suddenly start getting wildfires in September, even in some areas not typically known for them...
omalley
9/14/2020 3:09pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Stay safe man. Things like this happen , and it makes me sick. Myself personally , .....attacks on our men and women in law enforcement...
Agreed.

The Shop

JRT812
9/14/2020 4:07pm
JeremyK wrote:
The same type of idiots that go up and shoot cops point blank. Dude made a fatal choice when he pulled the trigger no matter if the cops survive or not
JRT812
9/14/2020 4:08pm
Oh and head on a swivel my man! Be safe
9/14/2020 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2020 4:37pm
JeremyK wrote:
Yeah that is my only saving grace. I'm a little nervous, the news trucks are lined up on the street right by me. They wouldn't be protesting a shooting of a cop, so I bet it is a lot less likely to be eventful tonight.
9/14/2020 4:44pm
And of course I am assigned to the outdoor covid tent, I shouldn't have jinxed myself. It's just funny how life works out. I'm on front lines of covid in freaking Compton , with cops and the media circus right across the street. My family thinks I'm crazy. They don't even like hearing my ER stories anymore.
Chance1216
9/14/2020 4:56pm Edited Date/Time 9/14/2020 5:32pm
And of course I am assigned to the outdoor covid tent, I shouldn't have jinxed myself. It's just funny how life works out. I'm on front...
And of course I am assigned to the outdoor covid tent, I shouldn't have jinxed myself. It's just funny how life works out. I'm on front lines of covid in freaking Compton , with cops and the media circus right across the street. My family thinks I'm crazy. They don't even like hearing my ER stories anymore.
Just leave your red and blue t shirts at home. You'll be fine.
I grew up in Carson right next to ya. Stay safe.
TXDirt
9/14/2020 4:58pm
Stay safe brother and thank you for the work you do!!
JM485
9/14/2020 9:11pm
What a fucking time to be alive, absolutely sickening. Can you imagine being so whacked out in the head that you cheer the death of and even try to obstruct the medical care of an innocent person? Every single politician or local leader who doesn't speak out against this has blood in their hands as far as I'm concerned, they've done nothing to stop this bullshit until it's gotten to this point and I don't have a lot of faith in them stepping up to the plate now.
9/14/2020 9:11pm
you'll be fine, if your from a particular street gang you may want to get your affairs in order because your homies started a war on Saturday. Say what you want about LAPD and everything in movies but its the LA Sheriffs department that you do not want to f**k with.
MXant15
Fantasy
729th
9/14/2020 9:21pm
You’re working at Martin Luther King hospital? I grew up in north Long Beach, be safe out there man!
9/14/2020 9:45pm
I'm very bothered by both the fact that two police officers were targeted and shot. This should not be the United States we live in. Two wrongs do not make a right.
9/14/2020 10:03pm
MXant15 wrote:
You’re working at Martin Luther King hospital? I grew up in north Long Beach, be safe out there man!
No, not MLK...really close though. I'm at St Francis. It has all been quiet so far.
OG725
9/15/2020 5:58am
I’m not sure what the answer is, but I’m certain this isn’t it.
9/15/2020 6:59am
Nurses usually never get targeted. They’ll push you aside and shoot everything else.
9/15/2020 1:35pm
It was pretty uneventful last night. we had to call security on one group of four people that showed up around midnight claiming to be press and demanding to speak to whoever was in charge. they didn't have anything official, and one guy actually had a sailor hat on.

All the news crews left around 10:00. One interesting thing was that there was an unmarked news van that was still there when I left at 3am. Then I get back to my hotel and turn on the TV and that was actually CNN doing a live broadcast. I heard the CNN people also tried to walk up into the property and tried to lie to get their way in there.
9/15/2020 1:39pm
Nurses usually never get targeted. They’ll push you aside and shoot everything else.
Yeah, I believe that. With eight cop cars and 15 cops standing around right at the entrance next to me I was just thinking it would be terrible if there was some type of attempt made on them with some drive-by-action. I've heard a lot of talk about there being gangs within the police and they're heavily involved with all the illegal shit that goes down in LA. Which would not surprise me.
9/15/2020 1:48pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2020 3:02pm
Here is one of the videos from the first night. The video is terrible, the language is terrible, but just to show you all what they were dealing with the night of the shooting.

APLMAN99
9/15/2020 2:14pm
The shooting of anyone, unless in complete self defense or defense of others from imminent harm, is reprehensible.

This person committed an execution and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, just as anyone doing what he did to anyone else should be.
Chance1216
9/15/2020 2:24pm
Yeah, I believe that. With eight cop cars and 15 cops standing around right at the entrance next to me I was just thinking it would...
Yeah, I believe that. With eight cop cars and 15 cops standing around right at the entrance next to me I was just thinking it would be terrible if there was some type of attempt made on them with some drive-by-action. I've heard a lot of talk about there being gangs within the police and they're heavily involved with all the illegal shit that goes down in LA. Which would not surprise me.
Compton Executioners, LA COUNTY 2000 and, 3000 boys.
To name a few.
9/15/2020 2:38pm
Yeah, I believe that. With eight cop cars and 15 cops standing around right at the entrance next to me I was just thinking it would...
Chance1216 wrote:
Compton Executioners, LA COUNTY 2000 and, 3000 boys.
To name a few.
Also the Vikings...expect some news today..possible arrest or deputy involved shooting. Better call the gardener the grass is gonna grow
Chance1216
9/15/2020 2:40pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2020 2:43pm
Also the Vikings...expect some news today..possible arrest or deputy involved shooting. Better call the gardener the grass is gonna grow
Add Banditos to that list as well.
plowboy
9/15/2020 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2020 3:41pm
Here is one of the videos from the first night. The video is terrible, the language is terrible, but just to show you all what they...
Here is one of the videos from the first night. The video is terrible, the language is terrible, but just to show you all what they were dealing with the night of the shooting.

That gal is brave beyond brave. You stay safe brother. What you're doing is nothing short of heroic. Never mind the gang stuff...just the constant exposure to the COVID. Took my 14 year old Granddaughter on an abbreviated vacation last month. Started at Muir beach and swam/surfed our way down the coast to San Diego. Met a nurse at the hotel in San Diego. Said she was headed home for the first time since March. She worked the COVID ICU. I asked her if it had been bad. She said she had lost count of the number of patients but she had lost 6 of her nurses. Everyone of us should say a prayer for the brave spirits that throw themselves into this danger. There are Angels among us...have no doubt.
TXDirt
9/15/2020 3:40pm
Here is one of the videos from the first night. The video is terrible, the language is terrible, but just to show you all what they...

plowboy wrote:
That gal is brave beyond brave. You stay safe brother. What you're doing is nothing short of heroic. Never mind the gang stuff...just the constant exposure...
That gal is brave beyond brave. You stay safe brother. What you're doing is nothing short of heroic. Never mind the gang stuff...just the constant exposure to the COVID. Took my 14 year old Granddaughter on an abbreviated vacation last month. Started at Muir beach and swam/surfed our way down the coast to San Diego. Met a nurse at the hotel in San Diego. Said she was headed home for the first time since March. She worked the COVID ICU. I asked her if it had been bad. She said she had lost count of the number of patients but she had lost 6 of her nurses. Everyone of us should say a prayer for the brave spirits that throw themselves into this danger. There are Angels among us...have no doubt.
Well said and 100% agree.
9/15/2020 4:41pm

plowboy wrote:
That gal is brave beyond brave. You stay safe brother. What you're doing is nothing short of heroic. Never mind the gang stuff...just the constant exposure...
Well stated. I can't understand why some people refuse to take this virus seriously. These frontline workers are dying doing their jobs trying to save the lives of others.

Post a reply to: Officers shot in Compton

The Latest