OU leapfrogs over Texas....

drmarkr
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 1:50am
tomorrow. On to the national championship game.
|
MX7MX
11/29/2008 9:49pm
Texas beat Oklahoma!!!!! Texas won better. Oklahoma didnt win convingly enough. Plus......CHICKEN CHICKEN.....WAR CHICKEN............ROLL TIDE ROLL!
jmar
11/29/2008 10:07pm
drmarkr wrote:
tomorrow. On to the national championship game.
How do you leap frog over a team that kicked you ass?
Spinner
11/29/2008 10:25pm
Strength of schedule.

Spinner
11/29/2008 10:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:20pm

The Shop

WhKnuckle
11/30/2008 4:35am
Texas beat OU, Tech beat Texas and OU beat Tech. A perfect example of a 3 way tie, take your pick.
txmxer
11/30/2008 4:48am
the way OU is playing, they have earned the right to go on to the championship IMO. That's the problem, it's subjective at this point.

You are for Texas? We beat Texas. Yeah, last second, blah, blah, blah...we dominated the stats in that game. We dominated OSU, a team Texas struggled with. OU dominated OSU on their home field. OU is playing better than anyone in the Big 12 right now. They are a more complete team than Texas.

But, still just opinion.
WhKnuckle
11/30/2008 5:05am
txmxer wrote:
the way OU is playing, they have earned the right to go on to the championship IMO. That's the problem, it's subjective at this point. You...
the way OU is playing, they have earned the right to go on to the championship IMO. That's the problem, it's subjective at this point.

You are for Texas? We beat Texas. Yeah, last second, blah, blah, blah...we dominated the stats in that game. We dominated OSU, a team Texas struggled with. OU dominated OSU on their home field. OU is playing better than anyone in the Big 12 right now. They are a more complete team than Texas.

But, still just opinion.
I guess you're speaking from Tech's perspective - but OU tore Tech up and Texas beat OU, so it's all just people's opinion at this point. I really don't think this UT team is all that great to be honest with you. They're really good but not great (just another opinion). OU seems like a better team than Texas overall - but since Texas beat them...who knows?
11/30/2008 5:46am
txmxer wrote:
the way OU is playing, they have earned the right to go on to the championship IMO. That's the problem, it's subjective at this point. You...

But, still just opinion.
Who is this 'we' you keep referring to? Do you play for the team, or are you one of those crazy people that refer to teams they cheer for as 'we'?
jay_547
11/30/2008 7:20am
the cotton bowl is anything but neutral. oklahoma deserves it.

...and i went to oklahoma state.
jmar
11/30/2008 9:04am
txmxer wrote:

But, still just opinion.
Dominated, wouldn’t the word escaped be a better way to describe the game?

20 of those points were scored in the last seven minutes and if you really want to get technical about it, 10 were scored with under 3 min to go. If you go back and look a lot of the Sooners games were like that. They were doing their best to run up the scores the entire season.
chuck317
11/30/2008 9:10am
national chamionship is the sec title game. yeah fla could go through the little 12 unbeaten. and the bcs picks who wins the south beg 12 cmon. texas tech sucks. heck fla racked up the points in a down pour saturday. you want a sad conference. take the little ten. some of there teams go month and a half without a game then play in a bowl game. why they cant win.
jmar
11/30/2008 9:38am
I think it should go to OU, that way the all these rabid OU fans will be able to function tomorrow and conduct their day to day business as normal. Another positive out of giving it to OU is that fewer wives and kids will be beaten or verbally abused and the family dog might not get kicked.
txmxer
11/30/2008 10:16am
txmxer wrote:

But, still just opinion.
123 wrote:
Who is this 'we' you keep referring to? Do you play for the team, or are you one of those crazy people that refer to teams...
Who is this 'we' you keep referring to? Do you play for the team, or are you one of those crazy people that refer to teams they cheer for as 'we'?
Graduated from Tech in '93. It's my school. You don't like it? Fuck off.
txmxer
11/30/2008 10:20am
txmxer wrote:

But, still just opinion.
jmar wrote:
Dominated, wouldn’t the word escaped be a better way to describe the game? 20 of those points were scored in the last seven minutes and if...

20 of those points were scored in the last seven minutes and if you really want to get technical about it, 10 were scored with under 3 min to go. If you go back and look a lot of the Sooners games were like that. They were doing their best to run up the scores the entire season.
True. Stoops runs up scores.

But, I still think OU is playing better than anyone in the Big 12.

SEC? Blah, blah, blah...you all sound like jackass blowhards. I doubt Alabama or Florida has what it takes to win the championship. We'll see in January.

chuck317
11/30/2008 10:30am
txmxer wrote:

But, still just opinion.
jmar wrote:
Dominated, wouldn’t the word escaped be a better way to describe the game? 20 of those points were scored in the last seven minutes and if...

txmxer wrote:
True. Stoops runs up scores. But, I still think OU is playing better than anyone in the Big 12. SEC? Blah, blah, blah...you all sound like...
True. Stoops runs up scores.

But, I still think OU is playing better than anyone in the Big 12.

SEC? Blah, blah, blah...you all sound like jackass blowhards. I doubt Alabama or Florida has what it takes to win the championship. We'll see in January.

we shall see. you dont run up the score. its up to the defense to stop them.
jmar
11/30/2008 10:46am
we shall see. you dont run up the score. its up to the defense to stop them.

That's a silly statement. Stoops and his Sooners have scored a lot of their points at the very end of the game for no other reason than to run the score up.

It’s the OU mullet mulisha mentality we have here in the sooner state.
11/30/2008 11:26am
txmxer wrote:

But, still just opinion.
123 wrote:
Who is this 'we' you keep referring to? Do you play for the team, or are you one of those crazy people that refer to teams...
txmxer wrote:
Graduated from Tech in '93. It's my school. You don't like it? Fuck off.
So now you own the school?
yzthumpa
11/30/2008 1:21pm
I think Florida is probably stronger than Alabama, but since Florida lost to Ole Miss Alabama deserves their spot right now, but I guess we'll find out who is better next week. As much of an SEC fan I am (to the extent that I'm pulling for Saban and 'Bama to win it all despite being a diehard LSU guy), I wouldn't want to see an all SEC final even if that were possible. This season more or less worked out to be a "playoff" in a sense. Should be Texas vs. the SEC champ in the final IMHO.
bultokid
11/30/2008 5:28pm
I'd love to see T-Sip fans right now, there's some stroking out right now.
jmar
11/30/2008 5:36pm
bultokid wrote:
I'd love to see T-Sip fans right now, there's some stroking out right now.
And for good reason. How would you like it if you were in a regional series and towards the end of the series you and this other rider were tied. The only time you and him were in the same race you kicked his ass but the poweres at be decided that he was riding better than you were so they gave him the tie breaker.

bultokid
11/30/2008 5:57pm
Fu$% UT I can't stand those arrogant criminal bastards. Happy days was watching the Run-N-Shoot Coogs skull drag them.
jmar
11/30/2008 7:50pm
bultokid wrote:
Fu$% UT I can't stand those arrogant criminal bastards. Happy days was watching the Run-N-Shoot Coogs skull drag them.
Criminal Bastards,

OU has plenty of those also. You would be suprised at how many others are covered up in the small town of Norman.

http://www.koco.com/news/16713078/detail.html

http://privateofficerbreakingnews.blogspot.com/2008/03/oklahoma-footbal…

http://www.abc15.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=0edf5495-5123-4ce…

YZmom
12/1/2008 5:44am
bultokid wrote:
jmar wrote:
Criminal Bastards, OU has plenty of those also. You would be suprised at how many others are covered up in the small town of Norman. http://www.koco.com/news/16713078/detail.html...
Criminal Bastards,

OU has plenty of those also. You would be suprised at how many others are covered up in the small town of Norman.

Problems like that can be found at each university. All you have to do is do the digging as you seem to enjoy doing. By rights, Tech should be placed before Texas since they beat them.

and what does your kid getting beat by some other rider have to do with football?

bultokid
12/1/2008 5:54am Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 9:21pm
You should hear the T-sips whining on sports radio this morning here in Houston..... classic . Ah it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood !!

ps- could someone explain how playing at the Cotton Bowl, in Dallas, in the Great State of Texas, is a neutral site for OU ? as that is all I hear from Whorns fans
jmar
12/1/2008 6:49am
bultokid wrote:
jmar wrote:
Criminal Bastards, OU has plenty of those also. You would be suprised at how many others are covered up in the small town of Norman. http://www.koco.com/news/16713078/detail.html...
Criminal Bastards,

YZmom wrote:
Problems like that can be found at each university. All you have to do is do the digging as you seem to enjoy doing. By rights...
Problems like that can be found at each university. All you have to do is do the digging as you seem to enjoy doing. By rights, Tech should be placed before Texas since they beat them.

and what does your kid getting beat by some other rider have to do with football?

What????? Might try reading the post again.

As far as me enjoying digging? You don’t have to dig when you live the middle of sooner land. I don’t care what they do at other universities, a portion of my state tax dollars ends up at OU and I don’t think thugs should be taking up scholarships at our universities.

Let me ask you something yzmom. I am guessing that you have a child that races? Do you take the attitude that if everyone else cheats in you kids class that it’s ok for your child to also cheat?

BTW: Texas Tech is ranked 8th and not in the mix of this mess.

Racer92
12/1/2008 6:57am
bultokid wrote:
You should hear the T-sips whining on sports radio this morning here in Houston..... classic . Ah it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood !! ps-...
You should hear the T-sips whining on sports radio this morning here in Houston..... classic . Ah it's a wonderful day in the neighborhood !!

ps- could someone explain how playing at the Cotton Bowl, in Dallas, in the Great State of Texas, is a neutral site for OU ? as that is all I hear from Whorns fans
Anything that makes the Tsippers cry is fine by me.
YZmom
12/1/2008 10:10am
jmar wrote:
Criminal Bastards,

YZmom wrote:
Problems like that can be found at each university. All you have to do is do the digging as you seem to enjoy doing. By rights...

jmar wrote:
[b]and what does your kid getting beat by some other rider have to do with football? [/b] What????? Might try reading the post again. As far...
What????? Might try reading the post again.

As far as me enjoying digging? You don’t have to dig when you live the middle of sooner land. I don’t care what they do at other universities, a portion of my state tax dollars ends up at OU and I don’t think thugs should be taking up scholarships at our universities.

Let me ask you something yzmom. I am guessing that you have a child that races? Do you take the attitude that if everyone else cheats in you kids class that it’s ok for your child to also cheat?

BTW: Texas Tech is ranked 8th and not in the mix of this mess.

Yep, I have a kid that races. As far as the cheating and dirty riding.... don't get me started. But I don't dwell on it like you seem to do.

Most of your tax dollars go to the grade, middle and high schools in yuour area, not the colleges. As for us, our money went for tuition to OU and then on to OU Medical school and we were and are proud of that. There are more good students than bad students at OU. You just only hear about the bad ones. I can introduce you to many good ones and the good things they are doing in your community. That can be said for every college. Kind of like racing, don't ya think?

BTW: Tech beat Texas. If you go by the thinking that Texas should be ranked above OU because Texas beat OU, then Tech should be ranked above Texas since Tech beat Texas.
jmar
12/1/2008 10:49am
My hats off to you for putting one of you children through the medical school program. With that said, I hope to see the day when academics are what a university is know for rather than it’s football program. If student athletes don’t have the qualifications (other than their athletic ability) they don’t belong, and it’s a disservice to every kid that would like to be in college but can’t afford to go. Those who do get to attend on the athletic scholarship program should at the very least be able to keep their nose clean and if not they should be dropped immediately.

Post a reply to: OU leapfrogs over Texas....

The Latest