Non-Moto Posting Guidelines

ML512
Fantasy
54th
Edited Date/Time 4/14/2022 8:54am
Welcome to Non-Moto. As the name implies, this is our sub-forum for most matters not relating directly to motocross. We try to leave this section fairly open-ended and don't patrol it as heavily as moto-related but there are still a few rules or guidelines to follow.

1. No religious or Covid/Vaccine topics and discussions: These two subjects are off limits for direct topics as the division they create and the polarizing nature isn't suited for our site. Doesn't matter which side of the fence you're on or if you're dead-set in the middle, don't go there, just don't. Yes, there's going to be plenty of topics that are Covid adjacent, such as regulations to enter venues, protests, etc.

These can be discussed, keep it civil. Let's just try to stay away from the war of who's right and wrong between users over vaccines and Covid itself. Want to discuss some of the politics of it, the after effects to economy, way of life, etc? We can try this. Just please keep it civil. As soon as users just go after each other for their stances on it, we'll have some intervention.

2. Racist post? GET OUT. Dive into this hole and you're out, for good. Do not pass go, do not collect 200, it's straight to jail for you.

3. Sexism? GET OUT, same as above.

4. Using terms related to the mentally challenged? GET OUT, same as above.

4. Political discussions will be allowed as long as they're civil. You can all disagree and argue to your heart's desire but as soon as a discussion quits being a discussion (shit talking, calling other members by derogatory names, or personal threats) it will be dealt with. When you've lost the ability to defend your position and result to childish insults, you're no longer having a discussion worth having. Someone attacks you? Just report it, don't fire back, or you'll also find yourself suspended with the original culprit. As the old saying goes, two wrongs do not make a right.

What are some examples of shit talking or threats we won't tolerate? Calling other members dumbasses, morons, dicks, retards, snowflakes, bastard, etc...Do not call into question someone's sexuality or religion in a form of insult either. Look, it's simple really, don't use words or terms that would make someone punch you if it were a face-to-face conversation.

We're just looking for basic human respect from our users. Outside of what's posted above, have at it and good luck.

Do you have a question in relation to these guidelines? You can respond in this topic or email me directly at Mlindsay@vitalmx.com

- ML
|
peltier626
2/19/2022 5:34am
It seems things were fine until a certain someone got released from time out. Why can't we converse about any subject if it remains civil? That's how we learn, evolve and move forward. To simply say we can't speak about certain topics hinders civic discussion and progression.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/19/2022 7:19am
peltier626 wrote:
It seems things were fine until a certain someone got released from time out. Why can't we converse about any subject if it remains civil? That's...
It seems things were fine until a certain someone got released from time out. Why can't we converse about any subject if it remains civil? That's how we learn, evolve and move forward. To simply say we can't speak about certain topics hinders civic discussion and progression.
Rules really haven't changed much. If anything, politics weren't allowed prior and we're going more open on political discussions. However, I have clipped Covid discussions, so little bit of trade off there. This section has never had a guidelines post so I've added one.

As for the COVID and Vax stance on discussions, I can see things behind the scenes that users can't. The past two years haven't been good for the overall life of this place, I'm not going to let it keep going.
felpro
2/20/2022 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 2/21/2022 2:40am
I support ML's position here, although I am disappointed that rules like this have to be made. I would like to be able to discuss any topic in a forum like this, as it is the NON MOTO section. We here have a common interest - that should be a place where we all can come from, and go back to, when the discussion is done.

At times, we are not discussing just the subject, as contentious as it may be. We are discussing the narrative around the subject. The problem arises when someone decides to attack the man and not the ball. It gets worse when the attackee feels the need to become the attacker in response.

I am older than most on this site, I have NEVER had a bad back-and-forth with anyone on any forum. This is due to the total absence of any need to respond to a vexatious response to something I've posted. Once someone makes a comment that is out of line, I disengage. Others may defend my position, but like when you're being cornered by a belligerent drunk in any situation, it's time to remove yourself from the discussion or situation, be it verbal or physical.

I enjoy the Non-Moto forum. I would like to discuss Joe Rogan and his guests. I wanna talk about Maddow, Tucker, Biden, Trump, De Santo, Jon Stewart, Young Turks, Colbert, Alex Jones and BLM. Chev, Ford, Zepplin, Santana.Their positions, erroneous and otherwise. I want to discuss and find our about the war, the riot, the protest, the claim and the counter claim. Big Pharma. George Soros. Putin. Russel Brand. Alec Baldwin. The government ruling, the successes and the failures. Under these Vital rules, we miss out throwing around critiques and asking questions and being exposed to counter opinions due to several or a dozen forum participants who have to denigrate - rather than discuss and learn and teach.

There needed to be change here. I get on Vital for a few months then disengage when the content becomes not worth engaging with. Vital needs to make a change, but I cannot help but to think this is the baby being thrown out with the bath water.

There are moderators who can quickly spot racist crap. Quickly remove degrading posts. Quickly suspend flagrant abusers of common decency in interactions.

We need bouncers more than shutting down discussions.

To quote peltier626: "Why can't we converse about any subject if it remains civil? That's how we learn, evolve and move forward. To simply say we can't speak about certain topics hinders civic discussion and progression."

I agree. 100%

ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/21/2022 9:25am
felpro wrote:
I support ML's position here, although I am disappointed that rules like this have to be made. I would like to be able to discuss any...
I support ML's position here, although I am disappointed that rules like this have to be made. I would like to be able to discuss any topic in a forum like this, as it is the NON MOTO section. We here have a common interest - that should be a place where we all can come from, and go back to, when the discussion is done.

At times, we are not discussing just the subject, as contentious as it may be. We are discussing the narrative around the subject. The problem arises when someone decides to attack the man and not the ball. It gets worse when the attackee feels the need to become the attacker in response.

I am older than most on this site, I have NEVER had a bad back-and-forth with anyone on any forum. This is due to the total absence of any need to respond to a vexatious response to something I've posted. Once someone makes a comment that is out of line, I disengage. Others may defend my position, but like when you're being cornered by a belligerent drunk in any situation, it's time to remove yourself from the discussion or situation, be it verbal or physical.

I enjoy the Non-Moto forum. I would like to discuss Joe Rogan and his guests. I wanna talk about Maddow, Tucker, Biden, Trump, De Santo, Jon Stewart, Young Turks, Colbert, Alex Jones and BLM. Chev, Ford, Zepplin, Santana.Their positions, erroneous and otherwise. I want to discuss and find our about the war, the riot, the protest, the claim and the counter claim. Big Pharma. George Soros. Putin. Russel Brand. Alec Baldwin. The government ruling, the successes and the failures. Under these Vital rules, we miss out throwing around critiques and asking questions and being exposed to counter opinions due to several or a dozen forum participants who have to denigrate - rather than discuss and learn and teach.

There needed to be change here. I get on Vital for a few months then disengage when the content becomes not worth engaging with. Vital needs to make a change, but I cannot help but to think this is the baby being thrown out with the bath water.

There are moderators who can quickly spot racist crap. Quickly remove degrading posts. Quickly suspend flagrant abusers of common decency in interactions.

We need bouncers more than shutting down discussions.

To quote peltier626: "Why can't we converse about any subject if it remains civil? That's how we learn, evolve and move forward. To simply say we can't speak about certain topics hinders civic discussion and progression."

I agree. 100%

"I wanna talk about Maddow, Tucker, Biden, Trump, De Santo, Jon Stewart, Young Turks, Colbert, Alex Jones and BLM. Chev, Ford, Zepplin, Santana.Their positions, erroneous and otherwise. I want to discuss and find our about the war, the riot, the protest, the claim and the counter claim. Big Pharma. George Soros. Putin. Russel Brand. Alec Baldwin."

You can discuss all these items.

I'll expand and try to better define the guidelines but when I state

"2. Racist post? GET OUT. Dive into this hole and you're out, for good. Do not pass go, do not collect 200, it's straight to jail for you.

3. Sexism? GET OUT, same as above.

4. Using terms related to the mentally challenged? GET OUT, same as above."

You can discuss racism, just don't be racist towards another member or use racist/race words in a derogatory manner towards a member.

You can discuss sexism...same as above, don't use the terms against users.

Same with mental disabilities.

As you may also see with the Convoy thread, it's definitely Covid related. I'm just over the pissing matches of who's right and wrong with vaccines and the division it causes.

The only thing I'm 100% out on is religious discussions. Maybe if things calm down around here and as users show they can conduct discussions without creating a war, we can reconsider on this one. But for now, we'll avoid it.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
2/21/2022 9:29am Edited Date/Time 2/21/2022 9:30am
Lastly, if someone wants to request a change or discuss something in the guidelines, respond here or email me. We can discuss, nothing's off the table. I have my view of what I'm hoping to accomplish here but I can always learn and implement better ideas.
peltier626
2/22/2022 5:51am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2022 5:54am
Let's lay responsibility on the troubled student and not hinder the entire class. I never understood punishing the entire class.
whyZ
2/22/2022 9:04am
Thanks Michael, I think the rules are rational, and you do a good job of applying them fairly. If your holding the mop that has to clean up the joint, then you get to set the guidelines. I think what you've seen here the past few weeks was some members stretching their legs with open and lively discussion that before was either thwarted or shut down. Appreciate you letting the dialog run it's course a little further.

Robgvx
4/14/2022 8:54am
Changing your position to allow politics is a really bad decision.
TDeath21
9/27/2023 7:26am
Robgvx wrote:

It has become obvious now that this post is 100% correct. Especially with the selective bias shown in throwing some threads that lean a certain way to the dumbgeon while discussion is still ongoing, and letting other threads that lean the opposite way run their course, even when they’re a complete shit show.

Joey Bridges
9/27/2023 7:47am
TDeath21 wrote:
It has become obvious now that this post is 100% correct. Especially with the selective bias shown in throwing some threads that lean a certain way...

It has become obvious now that this post is 100% correct. Especially with the selective bias shown in throwing some threads that lean a certain way to the dumbgeon while discussion is still ongoing, and letting other threads that lean the opposite way run their course, even when they’re a complete shit show.

You brought, what you're experiencing here, all on yourself. 

So don't come here whining about it. 

Coming in here calling those who disagree with you cult members, (look up the true definition of the word) pretty much cut your own throat as far as anyone who has any credibility. 

Not to mention your unhealthy obsession with a former president. 

It ran its course with everyone here.

TDeath21
9/27/2023 7:56am
TDeath21 wrote:
It has become obvious now that this post is 100% correct. Especially with the selective bias shown in throwing some threads that lean a certain way...

You brought, what you're experiencing here, all on yourself.  So don't come here whining about it.    Coming in here calling those who disagree with you...

You brought, what you're experiencing here, all on yourself. 

So don't come here whining about it. 

Coming in here calling those who disagree with you cult members, (look up the true definition of the word) pretty much cut your own throat as far as anyone who has any credibility. 

Not to mention your unhealthy obsession with a former president. 

It ran its course with everyone here.

I only did that after you and others threw insult after insult after insult at me for months and then I finally said a few things back to you. I made one thread discussing a MAJOR news story about a former president being indicted and it got thrown to the dumbgeon. I made another one that I kept extremely civil and it got thrown to the dumbgeon also. Meanwhile, there’s a handful of absolute shit shows that lean in favor of the right side of the aisle remaining up here in non moto until they fade down the list because of nobody commenting. The Trump threads were extremely popular due to the magnitude of the situation. I have not discussed Trump at all ever since that thread was canned. Meanwhile you can’t stop talking about Biden. Who has the obsession?

TeamGreen
9/29/2023 4:53pm

Wow

The hypocrisy and intellectual FAIL by those that come in here and talk shit like a hi-school kid that hasn’t had a truly good ass whopping ,yet…they come in here throw names at others, virtue signal like a teenaged wannabe influencer, mid-represent facts and history…what little of those that they may sorta know…& when the tide to turns against them…including getting drop kicked for a good spell…?

They come in here and bitch about how things are run and actually have the bitchy-little-balls to imply some sort of “unfairness”?

Like I said…WOW.

Sorry, not sorry.

Manny 

TeamGreen
9/29/2023 4:55pm

Btw, Joe Biden IS the POTUS. So, yes, he’s the guy we talk about as he F’s things up. Or…did you not get the memo? 

I’m jus’ sayin’…

ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/30/2023 5:19pm
Robgvx wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:

There are a ton of non-political threads in non-moto. If you can't stay out of them or stop being frustrated by them, that sounds more like a persona problem to me.

I've also explained before, I peek in here every so often and can all political threads to the dumbgeon just to mellow things out. I could care who's on who's side and how long that thread has been active. It's just a general cleanup I do.

TDeath21
10/2/2023 6:29pm
Robgvx wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
There are a ton of non-political threads in non-moto. If you can't stay out of them or stop being frustrated by them, that sounds more like...

There are a ton of non-political threads in non-moto. If you can't stay out of them or stop being frustrated by them, that sounds more like a persona problem to me.

I've also explained before, I peek in here every so often and can all political threads to the dumbgeon just to mellow things out. I could care who's on who's side and how long that thread has been active. It's just a general cleanup I do.

Must all be coincidence then all the threads that got put in the dumbgeon and all the shit shows that are allowed to run their course and are still up in non moto. All good.

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
10/7/2023 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2023 2:31pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Must all be coincidence then all the threads that got put in the dumbgeon and all the shit shows that are allowed to run their course...

Must all be coincidence then all the threads that got put in the dumbgeon and all the shit shows that are allowed to run their course and are still up in non moto. All good.

It's good to be the king!  

ML512
Fantasy
54th
10/8/2023 5:35am
TDeath21 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
There are a ton of non-political threads in non-moto. If you can't stay out of them or stop being frustrated by them, that sounds more like...

TDeath21 wrote:
Must all be coincidence then all the threads that got put in the dumbgeon and all the shit shows that are allowed to run their course...

I temp banned a few users this week and did another cleanup. I don't scan non-moto much. If you all can't get along in here or stay out of political threads, that's on you all. There are a ton of non-political threads in non-moto, they by far outweigh the political ones. The problem is, everyone gravitates towards the political ones so that's all they say that's in here. Then I have users email me and complain they can't just have a discussion about politics or a new social issue without it turning to shit. Well, guess what, that's what happens when everyone has a different opinion. It'll only be mellow if everyone has the same view, which isn't what the world is. If users want a political forum where you all think, say the same things, and agree with each other...then I'm sure there are specialty political forums out there that'll suit their needs.

Post a reply to: Non-Moto Posting Guidelines

The Latest