No more shoveling snow for me!

Idaho747
Edited Date/Time 12/10/2017 7:16pm

Got a great deal from Rocky Mountain on the winch and plow for Black Friday. Took about 4 hours to install both. Now it just needs to snow here.
|
MR. X
12/3/2017 11:52am
I bought a snowblower a couple years ago, i shoveled for probably 30 years every winter , My back has turned into such a vagina the last couple years , it gets sore or tweaked so easily now.
Idaho747
12/3/2017 1:08pm
MR. X wrote:
I bought a snowblower a couple years ago, i shoveled for probably 30 years every winter , My back has turned into such a vagina the...
I bought a snowblower a couple years ago, i shoveled for probably 30 years every winter , My back has turned into such a vagina the last couple years , it gets sore or tweaked so easily now.
I really thought about getting a snow blower this year. Then I saw the sale and for what I would have spent on a good blower I got a winch and plow instead
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/3/2017 1:28pm
MR. X wrote:
I bought a snowblower a couple years ago, i shoveled for probably 30 years every winter , My back has turned into such a vagina the...
Idaho747 wrote:
I really thought about getting a snow blower this year. Then I saw the sale and for what I would have spent on a good blower...
I really thought about getting a snow blower this year. Then I saw the sale and for what I would have spent on a good blower I got a winch and plow instead
Not to mention but you'll also have fun doing the snow removal.
MR. X
12/3/2017 2:01pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Not to mention but you'll also have fun doing the snow removal.
way more fun !!

The Shop

Brad460
Fantasy
780th
12/3/2017 3:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/3/2017 3:21pm
Nice! My buddy plows his driveway with one- got rid of the plow on his truck. Works well!

He said a windshield made a world of difference, and a rubber snow deflector on the plow.
APLMAN99
12/3/2017 4:53pm
Are those UTVs heavy enough to push a decent snow? Even with the usual dry stuff, the heavy duty quads can be a little tough here. You can only bite off about a third of a blade or so if it snowed very much overnight. I know some guys who've gotten the snowblower attachment for their ATVs, though, and really liked those.
Idaho747
12/3/2017 5:05pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
Are those UTVs heavy enough to push a decent snow? Even with the usual dry stuff, the heavy duty quads can be a little tough here...
Are those UTVs heavy enough to push a decent snow? Even with the usual dry stuff, the heavy duty quads can be a little tough here. You can only bite off about a third of a blade or so if it snowed very much overnight. I know some guys who've gotten the snowblower attachment for their ATVs, though, and really liked those.
Mine is just over 1000lbs. I personally haven’t used the plow but a friend of mine has the exact same setup and says it works perfectly. Idaho winters at times can be pretty brutal.
sleeve1
Fantasy
1966th
12/3/2017 5:15pm
This will be the first winter I don't have to shovel, I found a really good deal on a self propelled snow blower.
My back is already thanking me and it hasn't even snowed here yet.
MR. X
12/3/2017 5:44pm
sleeve1 wrote:
This will be the first winter I don't have to shovel, I found a really good deal on a self propelled snow blower. My back is...
This will be the first winter I don't have to shovel, I found a really good deal on a self propelled snow blower.
My back is already thanking me and it hasn't even snowed here yet.
What kind did ya get ? I had an old John deere that was an absolute tank , it didnt throw snow very far but it cut right to the ground . I replaced it with a brand new arians and it sucks a fat dick , its so light and flimsy that it constantly rides up on top of the snow and gets pushed all over the place sideways. It launches snow over 30 feet but i can't stand not clearing snow right to the ground.
Idaho747
12/3/2017 7:31pm
First Report

It’s put down about 6 inches in 4 hours here. Just went out and moved it all. I am very impressed go far. Moved 6 inches like it was nothing. The only difficult part is trying to find where to put all the snow.
Idaho747
12/3/2017 7:40pm
Also when the plow is up it blocks the headlights. Looks like a good excuse for a roof mount lightbar
sleeve1
Fantasy
1966th
12/4/2017 4:00am
MR. X wrote:
What kind did ya get ? I had an old John deere that was an absolute tank , it didnt throw snow very far but it...
What kind did ya get ? I had an old John deere that was an absolute tank , it didnt throw snow very far but it cut right to the ground . I replaced it with a brand new arians and it sucks a fat dick , its so light and flimsy that it constantly rides up on top of the snow and gets pushed all over the place sideways. It launches snow over 30 feet but i can't stand not clearing snow right to the ground.

it's an older Bolens. got it used from a friend who owns a small engine repair shop. He's always flipping mowers and small yard equipment.
ns503
12/4/2017 4:09am
Idaho747 wrote:
First Report It’s put down about 6 inches in 4 hours here. Just went out and moved it all. I am very impressed go far. Moved...
First Report

It’s put down about 6 inches in 4 hours here. Just went out and moved it all. I am very impressed go far. Moved 6 inches like it was nothing. The only difficult part is trying to find where to put all the snow.
One of those rigs would be OK for the first couple few snofalls here, but then you'd be up against hard snowbanks with nowhere for the snow to go.

We have a 100hp tractor that goes from bucket to blade to blower as the winter goes on, for the main places. I have a Toro walk behind for the doorways & decks & tight spots.
bernnet
12/10/2017 7:16pm
Looks functional and fun. What's the brand of your snow plow?
Idaho747
12/11/2017 6:58am
bernnet wrote:
Looks functional and fun. What's the brand of your snow plow?
Its the Rocky Mountain in house brand Tusk. I’ve see some plows where the fit and finish is better. But over this design is good and very functional.

Post a reply to: No more shoveling snow for me!

The Latest