No more shoveling snow for me!

Related:
Create New Tag

12/3/2017 11:42 AM

Photo

Got a great deal from Rocky Mountain on the winch and plow for Black Friday. Took about 4 hours to install both. Now it just needs to snow here.
|

12/3/2017 11:52 AM

I bought a snowblower a couple years ago, i shoveled for probably 30 years every winter , My back has turned into such a vagina the last couple years , it gets sore or tweaked so easily now.

|

12/3/2017 1:08 PM

MR. X wrote:

I bought a snowblower a couple years ago, i shoveled for probably 30 years every winter , My back has turned into such a vagina the last couple years , it gets sore or tweaked so easily now.

I really thought about getting a snow blower this year. Then I saw the sale and for what I would have spent on a good blower I got a winch and plow instead

|

12/3/2017 1:28 PM

MR. X wrote:

Idaho747 wrote:

I really thought about getting a snow blower this year. Then I saw the sale and for what I would have spent on a good blower I got a winch and plow instead

Not to mention but you'll also have fun doing the snow removal.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

12/3/2017 2:01 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Not to mention but you'll also have fun doing the snow removal.

way more fun !!

|

12/3/2017 3:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/3/2017 3:21 PM

Nice! My buddy plows his driveway with one- got rid of the plow on his truck. Works well!

He said a windshield made a world of difference, and a rubber snow deflector on the plow.

|

12/3/2017 3:21 PM

So is that blade adjustable from the seat of the 4 x 4 by some sort of hydraulics, or do you have to get out and adjust by hand?

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

12/3/2017 4:30 PM

Reese95w wrote:

So is that blade adjustable from the seat of the 4 x 4 by some sort of hydraulics, or do you have to get out and adjust by hand?

It lifts up and down by the winch in the front. But as far as swiveling side to side that has a spring loaded pin that has to be lifted by hand

|

12/3/2017 4:53 PM

Are those UTVs heavy enough to push a decent snow? Even with the usual dry stuff, the heavy duty quads can be a little tough here. You can only bite off about a third of a blade or so if it snowed very much overnight. I know some guys who've gotten the snowblower attachment for their ATVs, though, and really liked those.

|

12/3/2017 5:05 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Are those UTVs heavy enough to push a decent snow? Even with the usual dry stuff, the heavy duty quads can be a little tough here. You can only bite off about a third of a blade or so if it snowed very much overnight. I know some guys who've gotten the snowblower attachment for their ATVs, though, and really liked those.

Mine is just over 1000lbs. I personally haven’t used the plow but a friend of mine has the exact same setup and says it works perfectly. Idaho winters at times can be pretty brutal.

|

12/3/2017 5:15 PM

This will be the first winter I don't have to shovel, I found a really good deal on a self propelled snow blower.
My back is already thanking me and it hasn't even snowed here yet.

|

if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

12/3/2017 5:44 PM

sleeve1 wrote:

This will be the first winter I don't have to shovel, I found a really good deal on a self propelled snow blower.
My back is already thanking me and it hasn't even snowed here yet.

What kind did ya get ? I had an old John deere that was an absolute tank , it didnt throw snow very far but it cut right to the ground . I replaced it with a brand new arians and it sucks a fat dick , its so light and flimsy that it constantly rides up on top of the snow and gets pushed all over the place sideways. It launches snow over 30 feet but i can't stand not clearing snow right to the ground.

|

12/3/2017 7:31 PM

First Report

It’s put down about 6 inches in 4 hours here. Just went out and moved it all. I am very impressed go far. Moved 6 inches like it was nothing. The only difficult part is trying to find where to put all the snow.

|

12/3/2017 7:40 PM

Also when the plow is up it blocks the headlights. Looks like a good excuse for a roof mount lightbar

|

12/4/2017 4:00 AM

MR. X wrote:

What kind did ya get ? I had an old John deere that was an absolute tank , it didnt throw snow very far but it cut right to the ground . I replaced it with a brand new arians and it sucks a fat dick , its so light and flimsy that it constantly rides up on top of the snow and gets pushed all over the place sideways. It launches snow over 30 feet but i can't stand not clearing snow right to the ground.

it's an older Bolens. got it used from a friend who owns a small engine repair shop. He's always flipping mowers and small yard equipment.
|

if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

12/4/2017 4:09 AM

Idaho747 wrote:

First Report

It’s put down about 6 inches in 4 hours here. Just went out and moved it all. I am very impressed go far. Moved 6 inches like it was nothing. The only difficult part is trying to find where to put all the snow.

One of those rigs would be OK for the first couple few snofalls here, but then you'd be up against hard snowbanks with nowhere for the snow to go.

We have a 100hp tractor that goes from bucket to blade to blower as the winter goes on, for the main places. I have a Toro walk behind for the doorways & decks & tight spots.

|

HAF

12/10/2017 7:16 PM

Looks functional and fun. What's the brand of your snow plow?

|

12/11/2017 6:58 AM

bernnet wrote:

Looks functional and fun. What's the brand of your snow plow?

Its the Rocky Mountain in house brand Tusk. I’ve see some plows where the fit and finish is better. But over this design is good and very functional.

|