Newmann how do I fix this ?

Related:
Create New Tag

8/28/2018 1:32 PM

Ford Escape right up by the luggage rack, don't want it to get worse.

Photo

|

8/28/2018 2:06 PM

Photo
|

"We don't rent pigs."

8/28/2018 3:09 PM

JAFO pretty much nailed it. What you see happening in that one spot is what the entire roof is about to do. The paint is dead and anything other than stripping the entire roof and refinishing it will just be a patch job. We've had people have us spot in small areas and then come back 90 days later because it is peeling just beyond where we spotted. Very seldom will it last long term.

If you just want to keep it from getting worse/ rusting, head to the local auto parts store and grab some color matched Dupli Color aerosol and keep it on the cheap. Anything to keep the sun off the bare spot until you decide to do something more.

|

8/28/2018 5:12 PM

Thanks

|

8/28/2018 5:22 PM

Photo
|

8/28/2018 6:56 PM

What year is the escape ?

|

8/28/2018 7:21 PM

MR. X wrote:

What year is the escape ?

|

8/28/2018 8:39 PM

You could always go all in like this guy with the 1987 M6 Beemer.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

8/29/2018 11:13 AM

Stop touching your acidic thumb on the door each time you open it. wink

|

8/29/2018 11:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 11:40 AM

While we're on the topic... my stepdaughter's '04 BMW 325i got backed into the other day. The person who did it lives in the same condo complex and wants to keep it off of her insurance. What's a guess at how much it's going to cost?

I was guesstimating $2-3k.

Photo
Photo

|

8/29/2018 11:34 AM

|

8/29/2018 12:12 PM

GuyB wrote:

While we're on the topic... my stepdaughter's '04 BMW 325i got backed into the other day. The person who did it lives in the same condo complex and wants to keep it off of her insurance. What's a guess at how much it's going to cost?

Photo
Photo

They always want to keep it off their insurance until they find out how much it is. If all the damage is what is visible, you are probably pretty close in your guesstimating.

And why in the heck have you not replaced her headlights yet? Or at least made an attempt to clean and polish them? Poor girl is going to go blind trying to drive at night.

|

8/29/2018 1:50 PM

GuyB wrote:

Photo
Photo

newmann wrote:

They always want to keep it off their insurance until they find out how much it is. If all the damage is what is visible, you are probably pretty close in your guesstimating.

And why in the heck have you not replaced her headlights yet? Or at least made an attempt to clean and polish them? Poor girl is going to go blind trying to drive at night.

I just noticed that they were that bad...along with the lights on my girlfriend's Rav4. I was planning on getting a polish kit for the two of them.

I was talking with the lady who hit her last night (probably the third conversation we've had), and she always clicks into, "I wish she hadn't gotten so close..."

I replied with, "I wish we weren't having this conversation."

|

8/29/2018 6:49 PM

GuyB wrote:

Photo
Photo

newmann wrote:

GuyB wrote:

I just noticed that they were that bad...along with the lights on my girlfriend's Rav4. I was planning on getting a polish kit for the two of them.

I was talking with the lady who hit her last night (probably the third conversation we've had), and she always clicks into, "I wish she hadn't gotten so close..."

Not sure about Cali laws but Kansas is "no fault". I'm guessing 2 to 3 thousand...it's a Beemer. As far as the milky headlights...Rock Auto is your friend. You're a busy guy...polishing headlights is very time consuming and only a temp fix. New lights...an hour or two in labor and good for years.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/29/2018 6:54 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 7:36 PM

newmann wrote:

GuyB wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Not sure about Cali laws but Kansas is "no fault". I'm guessing 2 to 3 thousand...it's a Beemer. As far as the milky headlights...Rock Auto is your friend. You're a busy guy...polishing headlights is very time consuming and only a temp fix. New lights...an hour or two in labor and good for years.

Photo

Before/after on the wife's car. And this was quite a bit of disassembly but less than an hour.

Picture wouldn't show up but trust me...New is the way to go.
|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius