New pup added to the family

IWreckALot
3/15/2021 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2021 10:30am
Drove to from Weatherford Tx to Monroe La to get this little fleabag. She is a golden retriever. I've been wanting a golden for quite awhile. Had to put our dane down a couple of months ago and our other dog needed a friend. Goldens are kinda hard to come by locally, and they're priced out of this world when you do find them. The Aussie/Pointer mix hasn't come around on the new pup quite yet but I'll give her time. She's been through a lot in 2021 and she isn't exactly a spring chicken.

She just had her first bath on an account of me running out for 10 min to grab some lunch and her crapping up her kennel and wallering in it. She has her first vet visit tomorrow to get another parvo vaccine and a checkup.

We are officially in puppy territory now. Fun and annoying at the same time.

|
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4250th
3/15/2021 1:17pm
Solid pupper. 10/10 good girl.
peelout
3/15/2021 1:48pm
hell yeah, she's a cutie! congrats! what's her name? keep us updated with pics, they're so damn much fun to watch grow. but it just seems like yesterday he was just tiny fluff ball, now he's about 55 lbs and a monster.

we picked up Charlie in September. he was born on 7-19, that's my life-long race number and also the day my wife and i got married. we picked him up on 9-11, the date of our first date. we actually got really lucky as another buyer backed out and gave up their deposit a month before he was supposed to go home. we got on the classifieds, saw him, called, and paid. within 10 minutes the seller told us she had 15 calls. we got the last one and he was the biggest of the bunch, i'm guessing he'll be around 100 lbs at full grown. i've always wanted a Golden Retriever but this is my first. he's amazing at fetch and i have a hard time keeping him out of the water.

he's almost exactly 5 months younger than my son, so they get to grow up together. my 9 year old Goldendoodle hated the pup until he was about 4 months old. now they're inseparable.

amazing dog, super smart, amazingly loving and a perfect family and kids dog. only thing i can complain about is he loves to dig. little bastard.

(ps... sorry for the pic overload)

IWreckALot
3/15/2021 2:42pm
peelout wrote:
hell yeah, she's a cutie! congrats! what's her name? keep us updated with pics, they're so damn much fun to watch grow. but it just seems...
hell yeah, she's a cutie! congrats! what's her name? keep us updated with pics, they're so damn much fun to watch grow. but it just seems like yesterday he was just tiny fluff ball, now he's about 55 lbs and a monster.

we picked up Charlie in September. he was born on 7-19, that's my life-long race number and also the day my wife and i got married. we picked him up on 9-11, the date of our first date. we actually got really lucky as another buyer backed out and gave up their deposit a month before he was supposed to go home. we got on the classifieds, saw him, called, and paid. within 10 minutes the seller told us she had 15 calls. we got the last one and he was the biggest of the bunch, i'm guessing he'll be around 100 lbs at full grown. i've always wanted a Golden Retriever but this is my first. he's amazing at fetch and i have a hard time keeping him out of the water.

he's almost exactly 5 months younger than my son, so they get to grow up together. my 9 year old Goldendoodle hated the pup until he was about 4 months old. now they're inseparable.

amazing dog, super smart, amazingly loving and a perfect family and kids dog. only thing i can complain about is he loves to dig. little bastard.

(ps... sorry for the pic overload)

Damn man. I knew you had golden doodles but didn’t realize you had a golden also. He’s a good looking dog also. I think mine is going to be pretty dark golden almost red. We named her Maeby. Lol. She’s primed for the rough life already.

The Shop

crowe660
Fantasy
3962nd
3/15/2021 3:22pm
WOW, she's beautiful! I had a darker golden when I was a kid and he was such a great dog. My dad used to have an Olds Tornado, and when he would take "Bo" bird hunting, that dog would jump into the trunk like it was full of pussy and treats. Every golden I've ever come across have been the friendliest dogs by a mile.
OG725
3/15/2021 3:35pm
Gorgeous Pup!
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
3/15/2021 4:01pm
Gorgeous puppers! Can’t go wrong with a retriever. Grew up with one just like your new little one. She was awesome, such a smart dog.

And Peely, we picked up a silver lab pup a few weeks ago. Named him Charlie as well! He’s 13 weeks now and probably the mellowest puppy I’ve ever had. Pretty smart already and potty trained in a week.

Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
3/15/2021 8:31pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Drove to from Weatherford Tx to Monroe La to get this little fleabag. She is a golden retriever. I've been wanting a golden for quite awhile...
Drove to from Weatherford Tx to Monroe La to get this little fleabag. She is a golden retriever. I've been wanting a golden for quite awhile. Had to put our dane down a couple of months ago and our other dog needed a friend. Goldens are kinda hard to come by locally, and they're priced out of this world when you do find them. The Aussie/Pointer mix hasn't come around on the new pup quite yet but I'll give her time. She's been through a lot in 2021 and she isn't exactly a spring chicken.

She just had her first bath on an account of me running out for 10 min to grab some lunch and her crapping up her kennel and wallering in it. She has her first vet visit tomorrow to get another parvo vaccine and a checkup.

Still painting ur nails I see....

You really need a different color....less feminine.

😁😂

That pup is gonna be fine, just hope that ur other old pup takes to her. . .

You gonna get some litters for sale?

Jenny may want one....🙄
G-man
3/15/2021 9:08pm
Awesome one of the pure joys in life is a puppy. Just like I have had quite a few Weimaraners, my sister has had many golden retrievers--great dogs!

DD,
I still can't believe how much your puppy looks like a Weimaraner, your gonna be getting asked that question a lot. Woohoo
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
3/15/2021 10:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/15/2021 10:47pm
Congrats! Goldens personalities are the best. Chowder is a Golden Chow mix.
She’s a great looking pup !

IWreckALot
3/16/2021 5:46am
IWreckALot wrote:
Drove to from Weatherford Tx to Monroe La to get this little fleabag. She is a golden retriever. I've been wanting a golden for quite awhile...

Still painting ur nails I see.... You really need a different color....less feminine. 😁😂 That pup is gonna be fine, just hope that ur other old...

😁😂

Jenny may want one....🙄
Ha. We will not be breeding her. Our contract with the seller was a limited registration and I have no desire to deal with all that. This puppy has spent the morning not shitting for the hour we were outside, for me to come put her up and run to take a 5 min shower and come back to her taking a shit on the tile floor. And she shit in her kennel last night after we spent like 3 hours out back with her last night. Thinking about changing her indian name to "Little Turd" or "Shits on floor".
Dirtydeeds
Fantasy
2866th
3/16/2021 5:55am
IWreckALot wrote:
Ha. We will not be breeding her. Our contract with the seller was a limited registration and I have no desire to deal with all that...
Ha. We will not be breeding her. Our contract with the seller was a limited registration and I have no desire to deal with all that. This puppy has spent the morning not shitting for the hour we were outside, for me to come put her up and run to take a 5 min shower and come back to her taking a shit on the tile floor. And she shit in her kennel last night after we spent like 3 hours out back with her last night. Thinking about changing her indian name to "Little Turd" or "Shits on floor".
Haha puppie are the best. Our new little man did the same shit (literally and figuratively) for the first week or so. Definitely frustrating but it’s temporary. But you already know...
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
3/16/2021 7:46am
Aah yes the part about puppies we seem to forget. Laughing Maybe name her Piles ? After she gets housebroken make sure to post pictures of all the stuff she chews up. Lol
BMR179
Fantasy
1240th
3/16/2021 8:28am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2021 8:28am
Dog threads are the best! Congrats on the new pup. Start training NOW, they learn so much as puppies.

My guy is almost 4 now and he still hates cardboard beer carriers.

IWreckALot
3/16/2021 9:53am
sumdood wrote:
Aah yes the part about puppies we seem to forget. :laugh: Maybe name her Piles ? After she gets housebroken make sure to post pictures of...
Aah yes the part about puppies we seem to forget. Laughing Maybe name her Piles ? After she gets housebroken make sure to post pictures of all the stuff she chews up. Lol
So far she doesn't get far out of site. Our older pup is not fond of the new pup but she's slowly coming around. She has started chewing on my desk so far. I'm at my desk with her so I nudge her with my foot to get her to stop but I'm sure I'll have a mountain of chewed shoes and furniture before long.

She really likes leaves so far.
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
3/16/2021 10:10am Edited Date/Time 3/16/2021 10:17am
BMR179 wrote:
Dog threads are the best! Congrats on the new pup. Start training NOW, they learn so much as puppies. My guy is almost 4 now and...
Dog threads are the best! Congrats on the new pup. Start training NOW, they learn so much as puppies.

My guy is almost 4 now and he still hates cardboard beer carriers.

Cardboard works ! Our dog Dusty was a Mexican mutt we got from a fish camp in Baja. He developed an appetite for turn signal lever’s and gearshift’s. He ate two on two different Toyotas, But the one on our Dodge was the most expensive. $380’ because he chomped the tow haul button clean off
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2361st
3/16/2021 12:37pm
IWreckALot wrote:

Still painting ur nails I see.... You really need a different color....less feminine. 😁😂 That pup is gonna be fine, just hope that ur other old...

😁😂

Jenny may want one....🙄
IWreckALot wrote:
Ha. We will not be breeding her. Our contract with the seller was a limited registration and I have no desire to deal with all that...
That's a good choice.... lol at the shit on the floor...

Our girl did that close to the end if her life. ...

Terrible..
Crush
3/16/2021 6:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/16/2021 6:14pm
Must be time of year! After a couple false starts we just welcomed this little guy to our tribe.

His name is Banjo! He is a Shmoodle, so Shit Zhu/Maltese/Toy Poodle cross. He's literally smaller than my shoe, hilarious.

We'd had two shit luck puppy episodes previous... I'd brought home a blue staffy pup (My choice) for my Daughter's b'day, she woke up to him, gave him a cuddle and immediately had an allergic reaction – we had no idea... and then two weeks before Banjo we'd agreed to buy a Cavoodle pup, see you tomorrow, yep thankyou, and they message an hour later and say it's sold.

Kids were stoked with this little guy tho so all good in the end.

sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
3/17/2021 1:59am
Banjo is a great name ! Sorry about the allergy and sold out from underneath you deals. I’m a firm believer that pets find us, we don’t find pets, they were just clearing the road for Banjo !
You’re right it must be puppy season. Our daughter is getting the “son of the niece of Dusty” (The gear shift and turn signal eater) this weekend. His name is Beans Laughing

Crush
3/17/2021 5:09am
sumdood wrote:
Banjo is a great name ! Sorry about the allergy and sold out from underneath you deals. I’m a firm believer that pets find us, we...
Banjo is a great name ! Sorry about the allergy and sold out from underneath you deals. I’m a firm believer that pets find us, we don’t find pets, they were just clearing the road for Banjo !
You’re right it must be puppy season. Our daughter is getting the “son of the niece of Dusty” (The gear shift and turn signal eater) this weekend. His name is Beans Laughing

Cheers! It's so nice to have a dog again, been since I was a kid. He's quite lovely.

I knew a dog that looked quite like your beans, Lab/Staff/Sharpei mix... Labs and Goldens are such great dogs, we had quite a few growing up.
IWreckALot
3/17/2021 7:24am
sumdood wrote:
Banjo is a great name ! Sorry about the allergy and sold out from underneath you deals. I’m a firm believer that pets find us, we...

I like that name Beans.

Took little bit to the vet yesterday. She has coccidia which is an intestinal parasite. Don't know a lot about it but the treatment is a 10 day liquid medicine and keep her crate clean at all times. Sounds like it can be difficult to get rid of and something she probably picked up with the breeder. That sucks. But so far she doesn't show any symptoms at all. Stool is still solid and she's alert and playful. Vet said she was very mildly dehydrated but keep her drinking water and we should be good. Caught it relatively early before the symptoms came up.

Oh the joys of having a puppy again.
SEEMEFIRST
3/17/2021 5:38pm
My kelpie mix enjoys a frosty at the end of a long day....

SEEMEFIRST
3/17/2021 6:03pm
I know Ryan will be shocked that I have a dog who likes beer.
IWreckALot
3/18/2021 5:53am
SEEMEFIRST wrote:
I know Ryan will be shocked that I have a dog who likes beer.
Sully
3/21/2021 12:50am
The wife and I went to a shelter and looked at this little dude (front) yesterday. His parents were strays, and he was rescued by a Japanese lady who saves dogs from kill shelters and adopts them out. Hopefully we’ll find out if we get him or not in the next couple of day.

sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
3/22/2021 9:12am
Sully wrote:
The wife and I went to a shelter and looked at this little dude (front) yesterday. His parents were strays, and he was rescued by a...
The wife and I went to a shelter and looked at this little dude (front) yesterday. His parents were strays, and he was rescued by a Japanese lady who saves dogs from kill shelters and adopts them out. Hopefully we’ll find out if we get him or not in the next couple of day.

Hope you get him 👍. That’s a good looking pup
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
3/22/2021 9:32am
Beans went home with our daughter this weekend I was a little apprehensive because she has a 14-month-old daughter, all fears were put aside. The puppy was 100% gentle and mellow with her. Love at first sight lol. He’s got some big feet to grow into 👍

Sully
3/22/2021 4:13pm
Sully wrote:
The wife and I went to a shelter and looked at this little dude (front) yesterday. His parents were strays, and he was rescued by a...

sumdood wrote:
Hope you get him 👍. That’s a good looking pup
Found out yesterday that he got to go home with someone else. We're bummed, but the search goes on.
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
3/24/2021 2:43am
Sully wrote:
Found out yesterday that he got to go home with someone else. We're bummed, but the search goes on.
Aah man bummer. Good luck !

Post a reply to: New pup added to the family

The Latest