New project.

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2017 4:09 PM

Like I really need one more thing on my list. Maybe I’m just a glutton for punishment, but it was cheap for commercial property. Now comes the fun part, running out the transients, tearing down a metal barn and clearing the nearly 2 acres of a mountain of tires, trash an lots of random cement from a concrete plant abandoned 25 years ago.
Photo

I seriously need a track hoe. Looks like a good stress reliever!Photo

Probably this many more scattered around the property.

Photo

Anyone need an exhaust manifold? Bring an axe!
Photo

Still not 100% committed as to what I am going to build here or may just sell it after it’s cleared.

|

11/13/2017 5:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/13/2017 5:17 PM

Transients? Hope you and others are up to date on your shots.

Look out for the mound of shit. Better yet bring your respirator during cleansing of the land.
Use that Hoe and dig a 20' deep driveway and bary all the crete with all the other shit on the lad. Put 7-11 gravel mixed with gravel to fill in the voids
. Keep running over it during your project build to compact. (plenty of water) while filling with 7-11 gravel or similar. when done do final grade keeping an eye on settling.
This will save you huge $$$$ on disposal costs and give you a driveway that will withstand any amount of weight.

My two cents

|

11/13/2017 5:33 PM

Are the trusses on that old barn any good?

|

"We don't rent pigs."

11/13/2017 6:27 PM

JAFO92 wrote:

Are the trusses on that old barn any good?

Lots of good stuff with the barn. The tin on the roof was rotten but the side walls were all pretty nice. I-beams, pipe and trusses are all usable. My brother in law and nephew have been dismantling it for use on his 150 acres.

|

11/13/2017 6:47 PM

Manifolds? Track hoe’s? Sounds like a Newmann project to me! Is the Kitchen rebuilt?

|

11/13/2017 7:04 PM

Old-Man wrote:

Transients? Hope you and others are up to date on your shots.

Look out for the mound of shit. Better yet bring your respirator during cleansing of the land.
Use that Hoe and dig a 20' deep driveway and bary all the crete with all the other shit on the lad. Put 7-11 gravel mixed with gravel to fill in the voids
. Keep running over it during your project build to compact. (plenty of water) while filling with 7-11 gravel or similar. when done do final grade keeping an eye on settling.
This will save you huge $$$$ on disposal costs and give you a driveway that will withstand any amount of weight.

My two cents

I'll be having all the trees, tires and trash hauled off and all the concrete piled up until I decide what I want to do. If I build boat and RV storage I'll have about 30,000 sq. ft. of drive way with drainage down the middle. Could put the old cement to good use out there.

|

11/13/2017 7:20 PM

Ted722 wrote:

Manifolds? Track hoe’s? Sounds like a Newmann project to me! Is the Kitchen rebuilt?

The whole house is almost done, getting real close. Appliances getting delivered as well as furniture.

Photo

Photo

Shop ready for some sheet rock next
Photo

|

11/13/2017 8:04 PM

Voluntary? LOL, no. Since the youngest son graduated and left for the Marines we have spent the past four years remodeling the entire house. Now doing it all over in under 90 days since it flooded. "Fortunately", we only had two foot of water in the house. I saw a few that had two foot on the second floor. It's weird because areas that have flooded before had near zero flooding and everywhere else that has never flooded went under up to 10 feet. 500 year storm they say...crazy stuff. The next time I have to take a boat home it may be to bring gasoline and matches.laughing

|

11/14/2017 6:42 AM

House & shop look great! So is this property close to your home?

|

11/14/2017 7:53 AM

JRT812 wrote:

Nearly directly across the street from my business. Convenient location, can watch the progress out my window.

|

11/14/2017 8:05 AM

JRT812 wrote:

newmann wrote:

Nearly directly across the street from my business. Convenient location, can watch the progress out my window.

Nice! Then I say keep it. Seems like it will be a nice building once restored

|

11/14/2017 10:53 AM

Pulled these out of the dirt and cleaned up. Officially in the cement biz.

Photo

|

11/14/2017 10:55 AM

Cool!

|

11/14/2017 9:19 PM

Photo
|

11/15/2017 5:41 PM

Moving right along. Had about a half dozen truckloads of trees and brush hauled off today. I may buy some heavy equipment in my next life. Looks like way too much fun.

Photo

|