New Rallycross series coming to Europe!

Related:
Create New Tag

10/18/2018 4:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/18/2018 4:45 PM

Any RX fans on here? Really excited for this as FIA Euro RX is going all electric for 2020.

Appears that a new class racing in a specially developed car will be the "premier" class, but they've also announced a 2nd Division in which FIA Homologated RX Supercars can also compete.

This came at the right time, with the RedBull series being cancelled earlier this year and FIA Euro RX moving away from IC engines, it appears this small but growing sport has been given a second chance. UK is on the calander so I'll definitely be attending!

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2018/10/all-european-rallycross-series-grc-europe-launched-in-vienna/amp/

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.

10/21/2018 1:41 PM

Did the World Rally Series use to be a much bigger deal than it is now?

We use to have world rally rounds in the US. Do we still? I actually worked at a world rally round back in the 80's on the Olympic Peninsula here is Washington. Had to be stationed along the course for 12 hours where a logging road intersected with the course to make sure nobody wandered out on the course. The section of road was run in one direction in the AM, then in the other direction in the PM.

|

“Adhering to 1970’s Standards of Political Correctness”

10/21/2018 2:43 PM

Reese95w wrote:

We use to have world rally rounds in the US. Do we ...more

That would be the WRC. WRC is timed stages, much like enduro and GNCC. Rallycross is like SX, on a closed course smile

|

10/24/2018 1:59 PM

Reese95w wrote:

We use to have world rally rounds in the US. Do we ...more

Sunhouse wrote:

That would be the WRC. WRC is timed stages, much like enduro and GNCC. Rallycross is like SX, on a closed course smile

WHat he said! That's WRC you're reffering to!

I thought their would be a lot of RX fans on here as I find it quite similar to SX in a few ways.

|

I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not too sure.