New Kawasaki Street Bike

Related:
Create New Tag

11/7/2018 3:38 PM

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

11/7/2018 5:15 PM

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

11/7/2018 5:28 PM

Modern engine, with fuel injection and disk brakes but old school look. Ought to sell very well

|

11/7/2018 5:34 PM

And yet the idiots here don't think a retro twin shock , air cooled 2 stroke entry level motocross bike would sell. The W-650 was a sweet looking bike 20 plus years ago, looks like they dusted off some molds and dies...

|

11/7/2018 5:53 PM

newmann wrote:

And yet the idiots here don't think a retro twin shock , air cooled 2 stroke entry level motocross bike would sell. The W-650 ...more

I think that the Yamaha SR400 was a great idea, too, but having kickstart only starting probably results in selling several hundred or more of them less every year. It'd be a great entry level/around town/female starter bike but folks in those categories probably want a starter button at the very least!

|

11/7/2018 6:18 PM

I dig it. I love the modern retro-look Triumphs. Almost bought one but went with an ST3 instead. Hope Kawi actually sells this.

|

11/8/2018 8:41 AM

mxdude105 wrote:

I dig it. I love the modern retro-look Triumphs. Almost bought one but went with an ST3 instead. Hope Kawi actually sells ...more

Photo

Agreed, love my Speed Twin.
|

11/8/2018 8:45 AM

It reminds me so much of the bike I had nearly 50 years ago.

Photo

|

11/8/2018 8:57 AM

Dang JPT, those are both gorgeous rides. Id love to have a modern Bonne !

|

"We don't rent pigs."

11/8/2018 9:04 AM

JAFO92 wrote:

Dang JPT, those are both gorgeous rides. Id love to have a modern Bonne !

Thanks man, there's a lifetime between them, but the feelings the same.

|

11/8/2018 9:07 AM

the W650 and W800 were never good sellers for us here in NZ . (i worked for kawi NZ for a while, and my father ran it for 28 years up until a couple of years ago)

they are a bike that is always in demand second hand, but never sold that well new, i like the new fairing tho, looks good,

|

11/8/2018 1:52 PM

JPT wrote:

It reminds me so much of the bike I had nearly 50 years ago.

Photo

1965 High Pipe 500 twin was my first ride. Took the fenders and lights off it and went racing.

|

11/8/2018 2:00 PM

Not my style, I guess. I'd much rather have something that looks modern or even futuristic. We already had 1960s motorcycles in the 1960s.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

11/8/2018 3:08 PM

I like it. Drop the license plate mount for something a little more sleek, change out the exhaust, and maybe get the mirrors out of the way, that’d be a damn good looking machine.

|

RPM Performance
CT

11/8/2018 6:55 PM

Photo
I picked up a Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster about 5 weeks ago. 2 weeks into owning it a jackass pulled a illegal Uturn n front of me on the Coast Highway. I laid on both brakes and turned with the car and hit it about 15 mph. First time I’ve wven made contact with a car, not fun at all! Anyway it has less than 200 miles on it and now it’s at the Triumph dealer for who knows how long. Over 7K in damages. This is my 4th “modern” Triumph, the first one with a 1200cc engine. It’s a awesome motor and a very well handling cruiser. Excellent attention to detail on the Triumphs.

For a Japanese bike I think Kawasaki did a excellent job on styling. I’m sure it will perform well also...I just prefer the more original look of the Triumph over the bike that tries to copy its styling.
|

11/9/2018 7:16 AM

KennyT wrote: Photo
I picked up a Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster about 5 weeks ago. 2 weeks into owning it a jackass pulled a illegal Uturn n ...more

Yeah, they said Triumph with no Lucas electronics and it doesn't leak oil. I was sold.

Glad you weren't hurt. Your insurance wouldn't total it for 7K?

|

11/9/2018 9:04 AM

I picked up a Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster about 5 weeks ago. 2 weeks into owning it a jackass pulled a illegal Uturn n ...more
JPT wrote:

Yeah, they said Triumph with no Lucas electronics and it doesn't leak oil. I was sold.

Glad you weren't hurt. Your insurance ...more

I think it’s the older Triumphs that leaked oil. The first one I bought was in 2013 and this is the 4th. Thruxton, Bonneville, Tiger and now the Speedmaster. Zero issues with any of them except the Tiger which had a major engine issue out of warranty. The dealer and I contacted Triumph and they covered it with no $$$ out of pocket.

I had just paid over 15K for the bike (ordered it with pipes, side bags, wind screen, seat, etc) so the repairs were less than half it’s value so that’s why they did not total it. Other than a bent fork leg the rest was all cosmetic. And I do totally trust Triumph of San Diego to make it as good as new. I’m working on the insurance company to try and get some “diminished value” out of them. I know it will be hard to sell if a report shows it had that much damage.

I have no doubt the Kawasaki is most likely a better built bike, most Japanese bikes are stone reliable and excellent performance. I just like the details on bikes like Triumphs, Harley’s, KTM’s etc.

And yes I do piss hard earned money away foolishly. Its why I’ll still be pounding nails into my 60’s

|

11/9/2018 10:29 AM

JPT wrote:

KennyT wrote:

I think it’s the older Triumphs that leaked oil. The first one I bought was in 2013 and this is the 4th. Thruxton, Bonneville, ...more

My point was as much as I loved my 69 T100C it started dripping on the driveway about 2 months in. The new ones don't have that issue. I'm retired and it was my gift to myself after going bikeless since my 77 TT500.

|

11/9/2018 2:47 PM

JPT wrote:

KennyT wrote:

I think it’s the older Triumphs that leaked oil. The first one I bought was in 2013 and this is the 4th. Thruxton, Bonneville, ...more

JPT wrote:

My point was as much as I loved my 69 T100C it started dripping on the driveway about 2 months in. The new ones don't have ...more

I gotcha. Yeah I imagine the old Triumphs were much like the old Harley’s when it comes to oil leaking.

I’m absolutely amazed at the amount of old guys that come up to me to talk about Triumphs whenever I’m out on mine. So many “that looks just like the one I had in high school!”

New vintage is popular here on the So Cal coast. I really enjoy them and love to see companies like Kawasaki putting out a good effort to replicate a classic style

|

11/9/2018 3:02 PM

Falcon wrote:

Not my style, I guess. I'd much rather have something that looks modern or even futuristic. We already had 1960s motorcycles ...more

Something like this: ?
Photo

or this:? (a retro bike that rips)
Photo

|

11/9/2018 3:16 PM

JPT wrote:

My point was as much as I loved my 69 T100C it started dripping on the driveway about 2 months in. The new ones don't have ...more

Amazing how our tastes are so much alike. Triumph & TT 500? I had two SR 500s bought the first one brand new in 78, loved that bike even if you had to kick it. Kept the posers from messing with it.

|

11/9/2018 3:19 PM

KennyT wrote:

I gotcha. Yeah I imagine the old Triumphs were much like the old Harley’s when it comes to oil leaking.

I’m absolutely ...more

Old Harleys and Triumphs didn't leak, they just marked their spot.whistling

|

11/9/2018 3:55 PM

KennyT wrote:

JPT wrote:

BMSOBx2 wrote:

Amazing how our tastes are so much alike. Triumph & TT 500? I had two SR 500s bought the first one brand new in 78, loved ...more

I wanted a TT500 after I saw Rick Hocking take it to the 750s at the old Astrodome TT.

|

11/9/2018 4:32 PM

JPT wrote:

I wanted a TT500 after I saw Rick Hocking take it to the 750s at the old Astrodome TT.

Did a lot of flat track at Lodi early in my racing career. I bought the SR5 because they looked a lot like the bikes I watched my heroes ride at Ascot, Sacramento and San Jose. Always had a thing for big singles like the Goldstar, Velocetts, Norton manx, Matchless etc.etc
.The Yamaha TT / SR was a great motorcycle. They weren't really fast but down a windy road they were hard to beat. Always fantasized about the Isle of Man.

|

11/10/2018 4:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 11/10/2018 4:55 AM

I’ll take my XSR900 over that any day, retro looks, yet still rips. Photo Last year I searched the country for the last available 60th anniversary left and went and bought it.

|

11/10/2018 7:41 AM

boston_jorj wrote:

I’ll take my XSR900 over that any day, retro looks, yet still rips. Photo Last year I searched the country for the last available ...more

Still dig the bumblebee.

|

11/10/2018 8:30 AM

boston_jorj wrote:

I’ll take my XSR900 over that any day, retro looks, yet still rips. Photo Last year I searched the country for the last available ...more

Good looking bike. Smart move searching for and getting the anniversary model. If it is a rare model it should hold its value well

|