Neil Peart's car collection being auctioned off

Related:
Create New Tag

6/25/2021 6:50 PM

This is a pretty cool view into Neil's life. I never knew his collection was this extensive.
"a 1964 Aston Martin DB5, a Shelby Cobra 289, and a Lamborghini Miura P400 S, will be auctioned at Pebble Beach in August.
Also kind of interesting that he was a big environmentalist, but he loved his cars and motorcycles. Kind of last of a dying breed.
"He says it used to be a farm, before the motor law"

https://www.goodingco.com/press/article/legendary-rush-drummer-neil-peart-estate-car-collection-to-be-presented-at

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

6/25/2021 6:52 PM

That Miura is unreal.

|

6/25/2021 7:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2021 7:36 PM

He liked Silver. He had good taste in cars. The Maserati is my favorite.

|

6/25/2021 7:39 PM

Man, if I had money to burn one of those would be a must buy. Great cars from an exceptional person.

|

6/25/2021 7:50 PM

A part of me absolutely bristles at the thought of Rush fans buying Neil's stuff and writing letters to his parents. He was a notorious recluse and felt uncomfortable around adoring fans whom he knew nothing about. ("I can't pretend a stranger is a long-awaited friend.")
Hopefully his wife and daughter will benefit greatly from the auction.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/25/2021 8:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/25/2021 8:27 PM

Falcon wrote:

A part of me absolutely bristles at the thought of Rush fans buying Neil's stuff and writing letters to his parents. He was a ...more

It would be amazing to own one of his cars. Hell, he wrote a whole book about driving. And yep, he would be uncomfortable with a Rush fanboy wanting to own his car. Some of these cars are $1 million-plus, so somebody could retire just off this auction alone.

From Neil: “The title ‘Silver Surfers’ for my collection of cars occurred to me while driving the DB5 up and down the Pacific Ocean. Because it felt right to me, I guess – the idea that I was just one of the wave riders.

I had moved from Toronto to Los Angeles in 2000 (cherchez la femme), and in search of natural peace I often drove out that way and up into the Santa Monica Mountains. Out past Malibu to Ventura County, I’d weave along barren ridges of rock and vegetation, the ocean always on one big side. Some days would be misted by the marine layer, while other days the sun blared through a clear sky. The waves were slow and gentle, or churned out a powerful, rolling rhythm…

It was during one of these drives when out of nowhere, it just occurred to me that the color of the ocean had influenced the silver palette of the collection. What other color looks as good in a blue photo? Not black, not white – silver. And a fortunate risk for the framers’ art, too: silver frames.”

|

“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.” ― Ernest Hemingway

6/25/2021 8:25 PM

crowe660 wrote:

That Miura is unreal.

Yeah it is! The worlds first supercar.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

6/25/2021 10:05 PM

crowe660 wrote:

That Miura is unreal.

ocscottie wrote:

I’m not really a lambo guy at all, but the Muira is one of the sexiest cars ever designed IMO. It’s beautiful

|

6/26/2021 6:45 PM

crowe660 wrote:

That Miura is unreal.

ocscottie wrote:

crowe660 wrote:

I’m not really a lambo guy at all, but the Muira is one of the sexiest cars ever designed IMO. It’s beautiful

Yep, although I'd prefer the yellowish orange color they used back then.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

6/26/2021 7:42 PM

I like the Maserati Ghibli, fortunately it is on the lower end of that group.

|

6/27/2021 8:56 PM

Rock star collection for sure. Excellent choice of color, silver shows body lines great. I like the Jag the most, looks like a match box car.

|

6/29/2021 6:44 AM

I like the split window Vett. cool

|

Ed Johnson

8/17/2021 9:31 AM

Late RUSH Drummer NEIL PEART's Classic Sports Car Collection Sells For $3.9 Million

A collection of classic cars that belonged to late RUSH drummer Neil Peart was sold for a total of $3.9 million through Gooding & Company at the Pebble Beach Auctions over the weekend.

Peart called the cars his "Silver Surfers" for the riding-the-wave feeling he had while driving the cars on the California coast. Seven of Peart's cars hit the auction block: A 1964 Aston Martin DB5, a 1964 Shelby Cobra 289, a 1970 Lamborghini Miura P400 S, a 1965 Maserati Mistral Spider, a 1964 Jaguar E-Type Series I 3.8-Litre Coupe, a 1973 Maserati Ghibli 4.9 SS Coupe and a 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split-Window Coupe.

The 1970 Lamborghini — often credited as being the world's first supercar — sold for a whopping $1.325 million after being predicted to sell for more than $1 million. Only one car from the collection, the 1964 Aston Martin, did not reach its reserve price and failed to sell.
|

8/17/2021 12:46 PM

Side note- R40 Director's Cut coming back to theaters Sept. 9

https://www.cinemastrangiato.com/

|