National Park/nature photos

Related:
Create New Tag

9/14/2018 7:03 AM

Who's got em? Been trying to check as many parks off of my to do list as I can manage, just got back from North Cascades last month, and hoping to get to Rocky Mountain in a couple weeks

|

9/14/2018 7:07 AM

Photo
Photo
|

9/14/2018 7:11 AM

This is just a wilderness area and not a park and definitely not near as picturesque but any shot from the top of a mountain is a good shot in my opinion. This is at 10,000ft looking north towards the arc dome wilderness area.



Photo

|

9/14/2018 7:16 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

9/14/2018 7:22 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/14/2018 7:27 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo

|

9/14/2018 7:35 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
|

9/14/2018 7:36 AM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

9/14/2018 7:40 AM

Photo
Photo
|

9/14/2018 7:43 AM

Raoul Duke wrote:

This is just a wilderness area and not a park and definitely not near as picturesque but any shot from the top of a mountain ...more

Agreed! There's so much out there not in the parks that I'd love to be able to check out

|

9/14/2018 8:09 AM

beautiful pictures bro!

|

9/14/2018 8:16 AM

My brother has been driving across Canada the last 2 weeks and sent me a few pics a long the way.

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

9/14/2018 9:30 AM

Glacier National Park is truly a must see place. Its jaw dropping

|

9/14/2018 4:43 PM

davis224 wrote: Photo
Photo
Photo

That last pic is beautiful. Gives you a sense of scale. One of mother nature's masterpieces. 2000 yr old trees. Seeing them is very humbling, kinda like the Grand Canyon & the pyramids.

|

9/15/2018 4:14 AM

rhargrave431 wrote:

Glacier National Park is truly a must see place. Its jaw dropping

It was one of my favorites! Everything is just huge, and there is tons of wildlife. Saw Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Moose, bears, and marmots all fairly close.

|

9/15/2018 4:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/15/2018 4:19 AM

BMSOBx2 wrote:

That last pic is beautiful. Gives you a sense of scale. One of mother nature's masterpieces. 2000 yr old trees. Seeing them is ...more

It was very hard to get a picture that gives any sense of scale, I hardly took any pictures on that trail because it simply didn't do what I was seeing any form of justice. That tree is actually 2 separate trees that grew together over time at the base, I think it's in the neighborhood of 86 feet in diameter and around 310 feet tall. One of my favorite places on earth.

|

9/15/2018 6:17 AM

rhargrave431 wrote:

Glacier National Park is truly a must see place. Its jaw dropping

davis224 wrote:

It was one of my favorites! Everything is just huge, and there is tons of wildlife. Saw Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Moose, ...more

I'm lucky, its 30 minutes from my front door smile

|

9/15/2018 6:49 AM

This first pic was taken during an eclipse.

Photo
Photo

|

9/15/2018 7:50 AM

rhargrave431 wrote:

Glacier National Park is truly a must see place. Its jaw dropping

davis224 wrote:

It was one of my favorites! Everything is just huge, and there is tons of wildlife. Saw Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Moose, ...more

rhargrave431 wrote:

I'm lucky, its 30 minutes from my front door smile

The fires getting a lot better? A friend of mine was just there and was able to get to Logan Pass, I know a lot of the road was closed earlier.

|

9/15/2018 3:30 PM

davis224 wrote:

It was one of my favorites! Everything is just huge, and there is tons of wildlife. Saw Bighorn Sheep, Mountain Goats, Moose, ...more

rhargrave431 wrote:

I'm lucky, its 30 minutes from my front door smile

davis224 wrote:

The fires getting a lot better? A friend of mine was just there and was able to get to Logan Pass, I know a lot of the road ...more

Yeah the only real fire around here is in the Park. It's around 15000 acres, and not really growing. I do believe Going to the Sun road is open again.

|

9/17/2018 9:29 AM

Photo
|

9/17/2018 8:59 PM

Just got back from some hiking in the June Lake area (Eastern Sierra's). Overlooking Silver Lake and my dog enjoying the mouth of Grant Lake.

Photo

Photo

|

9/17/2018 9:22 PM

Silver Lake, June lake loop.

Photo

|

9/18/2018 7:27 AM

Pretty lucky living where I do. Banff, and Waterton (Canadian side of Glacier) National Parks are close. Jasper is a few hours. Photo The Momma and cubs were just off the green when I was golfing in Waterton last week. A lot of smoke was rolling up from the Glacier Park side for a day or two when I was there. Photo
Photo
Photo

|

9/18/2018 11:23 AM





|

9/18/2018 8:22 PM

My year has been up and down the Pacific coast. Here's a couple of the good ones.

Redwood National Park
Photo

Somewhere along the Southern Oregon coast
Photo

Spyglass Hill in Pebble Beach, CA
Photo

Carmel Beach, CA
Photo

Edgewood Tahoe
Photo

Along Hwy 1 by Big Sur
Photo

Cambria, CA
Photo

|

9/19/2018 7:26 AM

Foghorn wrote:

Pretty lucky living where I do. Banff, and Waterton (Canadian side of Glacier) National Parks are close. Jasper is a few ...more

I really want to go back to Banff and head up into Jasper! There were fires up in Kasper when I was out there, made the views not quite as amazing as they should have been

|

9/19/2018 7:27 AM

NV825 wrote:

My year has been up and down the Pacific coast. Here's a couple of the good ones.

Redwood National Park
Photo

Somewhere along ...more

I love the Pacific coast, and in the Tahoe area would be my dream home. Planning a move somewhere out west in a couple years!

|

9/19/2018 12:02 PM

Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
|

“If I remember how this worked, you’d put a side on, and then you’d go and have something to eat, and then you’d put another side on.” … Mick Jagger

9/19/2018 1:00 PM

davis224 wrote:

I love the Pacific coast, and in the Tahoe area would be my dream home. Planning a move somewhere out west in a couple years!

I work up in Lake Tahoe at Edgewood but live and commute from Carson City. I've been lucky enough have lived in this area my entire life and I really don't see myself looking elsewhere. It's been a blessing to enjoy all the great stuff here locally and within road trip distances to everywhere on the west coast.

|

9/19/2018 4:29 PM

NV825 wrote:

My year has been up and down the Pacific coast. Here's a couple of the good ones.

Redwood National Park
Photo

Somewhere along ...more

davis224 wrote:

I love the Pacific coast, and in the Tahoe area would be my dream home. Planning a move somewhere out west in a couple years!

NV825 wrote:

I work up in Lake Tahoe at Edgewood but live and commute from Carson City. I've been lucky enough have lived in this area my ...more

That's precisely my reason for thinking Reno/Carson City would be a good home, not too expensive, Tahoe every weekend, then Yosemite, the ocean, redwoods, all within a days drive.

|