Nascar Heat 3 Includes Dirt Late Model Series

Donovan759
So I'm not much of a nascar fan... but it looks like the new Nascar Heat game is supposed to have a dirt late model series in it. I still play Saturday Night speedway from time to time to get my dirt track fix. This actually looks like a promising console alternative. And the physics on some of the videos I have seen isn't half bad.
I don't like the track they picked for this video but the original video I found was pulled down. Skip halfway through for an oval track.

What are your thoughts?

|
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
9/1/2018 6:28am
Watched about 10 minutes of that, looks pretty damn cool. Will probably have to pick this up.
Donovan759
9/4/2018 7:13am
imoto34 wrote:
Watched about 10 minutes of that, looks pretty damn cool. Will probably have to pick this up.
Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. Even the look of how the car reacts when it spins out looks so much more realistic than on the old games. I know iRacing is an excellent simulator but I don't have time to build a PC to play that. This seems like the perfect alternative. And online races can include up to 40 players. That's nuts.
Mossy
9/4/2018 8:13am
Did anyone ever play Dirt To Daytona by Codemasters back in the day? Start out as a dirt track driver, then modified, truck, Busch, and then pro. That was the best game ever. It was so fun upgrading your car and managing sponsors in the garage. If they could just give me a modern Dirt To Daytona then I’d be happy, this looks pretty close to that too. Haven’t been into the NASCAR scene much since my pops passed but this might get me back into it a little bit more.

The Shop

Donovan759
9/4/2018 8:28am
Mossy wrote:
Did anyone ever play Dirt To Daytona by Codemasters back in the day? Start out as a dirt track driver, then modified, truck, Busch, and then...
Did anyone ever play Dirt To Daytona by Codemasters back in the day? Start out as a dirt track driver, then modified, truck, Busch, and then pro. That was the best game ever. It was so fun upgrading your car and managing sponsors in the garage. If they could just give me a modern Dirt To Daytona then I’d be happy, this looks pretty close to that too. Haven’t been into the NASCAR scene much since my pops passed but this might get me back into it a little bit more.
Sorry to hear about your pops, man. That's a terrible season to go through, losing someone so close to you.

Funny you bring up Dirt to Daytona. I found out about this game because my brother is a NASCAR nut. The first Youtube video he sent me was titled something like "NASCAR Heat 3 - (Dirt to Daytona 2)".

I recently watched a "live stream" video from the game producers that showed the user garage. It was a warehouse that the guy had built up with 3 identical late models sitting in it. I think this game offer even more than dirt to Daytona. I still have my copy of Dirt to Daytona cause the game was so freaking cool. Still play it from time to time with buddies too.
Mossy
9/4/2018 8:37am
Mossy wrote:
Did anyone ever play Dirt To Daytona by Codemasters back in the day? Start out as a dirt track driver, then modified, truck, Busch, and then...
Donovan759 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your pops, man. That's a terrible season to go through, losing someone so close to you. Funny you bring up Dirt to...
Sorry to hear about your pops, man. That's a terrible season to go through, losing someone so close to you.

Funny you bring up Dirt to Daytona. I found out about this game because my brother is a NASCAR nut. The first Youtube video he sent me was titled something like "NASCAR Heat 3 - (Dirt to Daytona 2)".

I recently watched a "live stream" video from the game producers that showed the user garage. It was a warehouse that the guy had built up with 3 identical late models sitting in it. I think this game offer even more than dirt to Daytona. I still have my copy of Dirt to Daytona cause the game was so freaking cool. Still play it from time to time with buddies too.
Thanks man, it definitely wasn’t easy.

And that’s really good to hear! It’s funny because the Dirt To Daytona main menu song is STILL memorized in my head after all these years lol. I guess I played it that much when I was 8 years old or whatever.

I think it’s crazy to sit here and think how different NASCAR was back then...it’s like yesterday I was playing it, and thinking how the graphics were great and the paint schemes were up to date. Yet now half the field of that game doesn’t even race anymore Grinning

I also used to play Saturday Night Speedway on an old Compaq computer when i was around 12 10 years ago lol. That was also a fun game. Is that the one that had the Midget series cars?

I’d honestly love a game where I could race Legends series cars. They are so fun to watch race, id love to get into racing those honesty but I don’t have the funds for that and moto lol.
Donovan759
9/5/2018 5:13am
Mossy wrote:
Donovan759 wrote:
Sorry to hear about your pops, man. That's a terrible season to go through, losing someone so close to you. Funny you bring up Dirt to...

Mossy wrote:
Thanks man, it definitely wasn’t easy. And that’s really good to hear! It’s funny because the Dirt To Daytona main menu song is STILL memorized in...

And that’s really good to hear! It’s funny because the Dirt To Daytona main menu song is STILL memorized in my head after all these years lol. I guess I played it that much when I was 8 years old or whatever.

I think it’s crazy to sit here and think how different NASCAR was back then...it’s like yesterday I was playing it, and thinking how the graphics were great and the paint schemes were up to date. Yet now half the field of that game doesn’t even race anymore Grinning

I also used to play Saturday Night Speedway on an old Compaq computer when i was around 12 10 years ago lol. That was also a fun game. Is that the one that had the Midget series cars?

I’d honestly love a game where I could race Legends series cars. They are so fun to watch race, id love to get into racing those honesty but I don’t have the funds for that and moto lol.
Yeah! That was Saturday Night Speedway. I used to play that, World of Outlaws & another sprint car's game that had modifieds for PS2. Those were some good times.

Several years ago a new World of Outlaws came out for Xbox 360 and I never got the hang of it. The cars spun out really easily on the hardest difficulty (which probably is more realistic), but super hard to master. I probably spent 4 hours total trying to get the hang of it and I just gave up.

I have a buddy who I used to ride with that runs Late Models locally here at Lernerville Motor Speedway. He's on track to go two years in a row as the local champ. He also won the second (Friday night) WoO race when the tour came through. Pretty cool to know someone who's somewhat successful racing dirt track. I wish I had the funds to pursue it. It would be so much fun racing dirt track cars in real life. In the meantime, i'll happily shell out $50.00 to do it on my TV... lol

Are you on Xbox or PS4?
JAFO92
9/5/2018 5:22am
Instead of punching buttons, you guys need to go to your local dirt track and turn wrenches on some cars. At least pay yer dues and scrape mud after the heat races. Wink

Donovan759
9/5/2018 6:11am
JAFO92 wrote:
Instead of punching buttons, you guys need to go to your local dirt track and turn wrenches on some cars. At least pay yer dues and...
Instead of punching buttons, you guys need to go to your local dirt track and turn wrenches on some cars. At least pay yer dues and scrape mud after the heat races. Wink

I've been there plenty of times wrenching for my buddy. I did it for years.. I just don't have the time anymore. I sure do miss it though. Especially now that he's winning every weekend. Lol..
JAFO92
9/5/2018 6:17am
Donovan759 wrote:
I've been there plenty of times wrenching for my buddy. I did it for years.. I just don't have the time anymore. I sure do miss...
I've been there plenty of times wrenching for my buddy. I did it for years.. I just don't have the time anymore. I sure do miss it though. Especially now that he's winning every weekend. Lol..
Dunno how them guys race them huge boats. Ive owned/raced stock cars, modifieds, sprint cars and mini-sprints, but never sat my ass in a late model. In my day we called that style 'wedge cars'. (back then there used to be a class called 'skinny cars' too)
Stuntman949
9/5/2018 7:48am
I'm sure I'll pick this up just for the dirt tracking. If we could get a new World of Outlaws game that would be great
Mossy
9/5/2018 10:47am
Donovan759 wrote:

Mossy wrote:
Thanks man, it definitely wasn’t easy. And that’s really good to hear! It’s funny because the Dirt To Daytona main menu song is STILL memorized in...

Donovan759 wrote:
Yeah! That was Saturday Night Speedway. I used to play that, World of Outlaws & another sprint car's game that had modifieds for PS2. Those were...
Yeah! That was Saturday Night Speedway. I used to play that, World of Outlaws & another sprint car's game that had modifieds for PS2. Those were some good times.

Several years ago a new World of Outlaws came out for Xbox 360 and I never got the hang of it. The cars spun out really easily on the hardest difficulty (which probably is more realistic), but super hard to master. I probably spent 4 hours total trying to get the hang of it and I just gave up.

I have a buddy who I used to ride with that runs Late Models locally here at Lernerville Motor Speedway. He's on track to go two years in a row as the local champ. He also won the second (Friday night) WoO race when the tour came through. Pretty cool to know someone who's somewhat successful racing dirt track. I wish I had the funds to pursue it. It would be so much fun racing dirt track cars in real life. In the meantime, i'll happily shell out $50.00 to do it on my TV... lol

Are you on Xbox or PS4?
Definitely good times.

My old boss used to race the premier series at a track called Langley Speedway here in VA. He’s coming up on his 70’s now, but back 30+ years ago he was “the man” at the track. No one could touch him. He beat Darrell Waltrip one time when some NASCAR guys came down to race in the late 80’s/early 90’s and apparently DW left throwing a fit lol.

He also got to race a couple Busch series races in the early 90’s but some things happened and he had to let the dream go. He said it was crazy hard competing with the guys with the big sponsors that had unlimited money. Still races at the dirt track every now and then for fun, doesn’t race as hard though since he got put into the wall 5 or so years back pretty hard and it scared him.

His son is in his 30’s and has been racing dirt track for the last 10-15 or so years. The dude wins wins and keeps winning. Races the Super Late Model and just won this past weekend. Their family had a tragedy recently and everyone in the stands wore the color of his race team (blue) and he won. This is why Hometown racing beats NASCAR.

Anywyays, figured I’d share a cool story. I mostly play PC, that’s what I would play MXGP Pro on. I had MES for Xbox one, but the frame rate issues causing my to lose online races drove me crazy lol. Will definitely be picking this game up for the Xbox One though. If you’re on Xbox my GTag is “ShorttMx”
Mossy
9/5/2018 11:10am
JAFO92 wrote:
Instead of punching buttons, you guys need to go to your local dirt track and turn wrenches on some cars. At least pay yer dues and...

Haha, I hear you on that. While I do love racing, I don’t love the expense it takes to do it. Right now I’m concentrating on building towards the career I want, staying in shape, paying my bills, learning, spending time with family/girlfriend, enjoying personal hobbies (mx/videogames/skiing/fishing).

I couldn’t imagine trying to fit race cars into my budget or attempting to balance it with all my other things. From what I understand it’s a big commitment. Many times my old boss would speak about being in the garage until 3:30/4am to get ready to go racing the next day. $40k-$60k just in an engine. Thousands in tires, maintence, truck and trailer. The list goes on.

Maybe when I’m closer to the age of 30 and have more money and more time. I don’t understand how people do so many things when they have kids. I’m sure that takes a looooot of time away from personal interests lol. The Legends racing series really catches my eye as I know you can get the cars for around $14k in decent condition used. They are the ones with 1200cc Yamaha engines or something but look like 1930s fords and chevys.

And I also realize the dirt track stock car beginner class aren’t the most expensive cars in the world as well, so maybe one day, just definitely not today. I can’t imagine the thrill and adrenaline of racing neck and neck with a massive pack of other cars. Must definitely be something to experience, seems you probably have quite a bit of epic racing stories in your books. Cool
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
9/5/2018 4:10pm
Kokomo gets released today in iracing, cant wait to get home and try it,

JAFO92
9/5/2018 6:19pm Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 6:19pm
Mossy wrote:
Haha, I hear you on that. While I do love racing, I don’t love the expense it takes to do it. Right now I’m concentrating on...
Haha, I hear you on that. While I do love racing, I don’t love the expense it takes to do it. Right now I’m concentrating on building towards the career I want, staying in shape, paying my bills, learning, spending time with family/girlfriend, enjoying personal hobbies (mx/videogames/skiing/fishing).

I couldn’t imagine trying to fit race cars into my budget or attempting to balance it with all my other things. From what I understand it’s a big commitment. Many times my old boss would speak about being in the garage until 3:30/4am to get ready to go racing the next day. $40k-$60k just in an engine. Thousands in tires, maintence, truck and trailer. The list goes on.

Maybe when I’m closer to the age of 30 and have more money and more time. I don’t understand how people do so many things when they have kids. I’m sure that takes a looooot of time away from personal interests lol. The Legends racing series really catches my eye as I know you can get the cars for around $14k in decent condition used. They are the ones with 1200cc Yamaha engines or something but look like 1930s fords and chevys.

And I also realize the dirt track stock car beginner class aren’t the most expensive cars in the world as well, so maybe one day, just definitely not today. I can’t imagine the thrill and adrenaline of racing neck and neck with a massive pack of other cars. Must definitely be something to experience, seems you probably have quite a bit of epic racing stories in your books. Cool
Everything you wrote was correct, I was only advocating fellas going to a track and getting their hands dirty. Doesnt cost anything but a pit-pass and there isnt a racer out there that wouldnt love more help in the pits. If the scene intrigues you, hope you can get out there in some capacity someday. Nothing beats the dirt oval.
Donovan759
9/6/2018 5:07am
Mossy wrote:
Definitely good times. My old boss used to race the premier series at a track called Langley Speedway here in VA. He’s coming up on his...
Definitely good times.

My old boss used to race the premier series at a track called Langley Speedway here in VA. He’s coming up on his 70’s now, but back 30+ years ago he was “the man” at the track. No one could touch him. He beat Darrell Waltrip one time when some NASCAR guys came down to race in the late 80’s/early 90’s and apparently DW left throwing a fit lol.

He also got to race a couple Busch series races in the early 90’s but some things happened and he had to let the dream go. He said it was crazy hard competing with the guys with the big sponsors that had unlimited money. Still races at the dirt track every now and then for fun, doesn’t race as hard though since he got put into the wall 5 or so years back pretty hard and it scared him.

His son is in his 30’s and has been racing dirt track for the last 10-15 or so years. The dude wins wins and keeps winning. Races the Super Late Model and just won this past weekend. Their family had a tragedy recently and everyone in the stands wore the color of his race team (blue) and he won. This is why Hometown racing beats NASCAR.

Anywyays, figured I’d share a cool story. I mostly play PC, that’s what I would play MXGP Pro on. I had MES for Xbox one, but the frame rate issues causing my to lose online races drove me crazy lol. Will definitely be picking this game up for the Xbox One though. If you’re on Xbox my GTag is “ShorttMx”
Loved reading that story!! I'll add you on XB1 for sure. I'm not able to play often but maybe we can rip a few laps soon.
Donovan759
9/6/2018 8:42am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2018 8:50am
Mossy wrote:
https://youtu.be/3delkhzMqis

Hey Mossy, this is that live stream that I was talking about that showed the race shop and everything. Check it out if you get a chance.

Edit: this isn't the original (but i couldn't embed the original). This is one where some kid captured the live stream video and posted it on his page with his comments on what he's watching. Here's the link to the original...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXpBOj2636A

skip to 30(ish) minutes in on the link.
Donovan759
9/18/2018 5:32am
So I've been playing this for about a week now and solely focused on the dirt late model career with a little of the truck series mixed in there. IMO there is definitely room to improve, but overall the game is a great improvement over older dirt track games. I have never played iRacing, so I don't know much about how it compares.

My main critique is that it seems like no matter how loose you tune your car to be, the front end always pushes a little bit. It's pretty difficult to maintain a proper slide with enough grip to power through corners. That being said, when you do have a fast car that hooks up, the game is super fun. Compared to dirt to daytona or saturday night speedway, it is a major improvement as far as physics and handling are concerned.

I think the game can be improved and hopefully will be in future patches. Also, here's to hoping more dirt tracks like knoxville and lernerville are added in future DLC. I'll update the thread if any future patches seem to improve handling and make it even more realistic. Hopefully all who bought the game based on my recommendation are enjoying it.
Stuntman949
9/21/2018 10:14am
Downloaded the game last night. First impressions- I fell asleep downloading it so work sucks today.
Donovan759
9/21/2018 1:17pm
Downloaded the game last night. First impressions- I fell asleep downloading it so work sucks today.
HAHAHA. So.. is this first impressions of work today? or the game? LOL WoohooLaughing
Stuntman949
9/24/2018 8:27am
Donovan759 wrote:
HAHAHA. So.. is this first impressions of work today? or the game? LOL WoohooLaughing
Work, I will give a three star rating for the day.

The game is pretty cool. I did a season of just hot seat, season of driving for a team and now I've started my own dirt track team. I got so used to the good car that starting a team was a big shock to the system. Hoping to make the chase.

I hope someday there will be dirt track dlc

Also, I hope next time around you can skip hot seat races. They tend to distract from your current championship.
Donovan759
9/25/2018 7:27am
Work, I will give a three star rating for the day. The game is pretty cool. I did a season of just hot seat, season of...
Work, I will give a three star rating for the day.

The game is pretty cool. I did a season of just hot seat, season of driving for a team and now I've started my own dirt track team. I got so used to the good car that starting a team was a big shock to the system. Hoping to make the chase.

I hope someday there will be dirt track dlc

Also, I hope next time around you can skip hot seat races. They tend to distract from your current championship.
I'm hoping for some dirt track DLC in the future also. I just finished up a season on normal difficulty to earn some money. I built up my dirt track team to have some fast cars. Going to move to hard difficulty next. When you have a fast car, it is really fun. I used the hot seat races to earn extra money. Other than that, I don't care for them.
Stuntman949
9/25/2018 8:24am
What the hell is this "mismatched penalty" after completing the work plan?!?
Donovan759
9/25/2018 8:40am
If you enter a "Short track" car at a "Normal" track, you will get a penalty. That's why you have to buy a different type of car for each different type of track. When you go in to prep for the weekend & assign orders to your crew, you can see a list at the bottom of upcoming tracks. Thats how you know which type of chassis you will need for the next weekend. And you work on that car.

At this point in my career, I work two weeks out to get the car to 100% on each discipline. I have a crew working on the car i'll need in 2 races, and a crew working on the car i will need in the coming race every weekend. Does that make sense?
Stuntman949
9/25/2018 10:14am
Donovan759 wrote:
If you enter a "Short track" car at a "Normal" track, you will get a penalty. That's why you have to buy a different type of...
If you enter a "Short track" car at a "Normal" track, you will get a penalty. That's why you have to buy a different type of car for each different type of track. When you go in to prep for the weekend & assign orders to your crew, you can see a list at the bottom of upcoming tracks. Thats how you know which type of chassis you will need for the next weekend. And you work on that car.

At this point in my career, I work two weeks out to get the car to 100% on each discipline. I have a crew working on the car i'll need in 2 races, and a crew working on the car i will need in the coming race every weekend. Does that make sense?
It does make perfect sense and that's how I thought I was handling it with the upcoming tracks. I have two short track chassis and two normal chassis.

Will you get a penalty on the car that's racing the weekend after next if its a different style track? If you have a short track weekend 1 and then a normal track weekend 2, will the normal car be penalized for not being that weekends chassis?
Donovan759
9/25/2018 10:45am
It does make perfect sense and that's how I thought I was handling it with the upcoming tracks. I have two short track chassis and two...
It does make perfect sense and that's how I thought I was handling it with the upcoming tracks. I have two short track chassis and two normal chassis.

Will you get a penalty on the car that's racing the weekend after next if its a different style track? If you have a short track weekend 1 and then a normal track weekend 2, will the normal car be penalized for not being that weekends chassis?
I think I follow your question. It can seem confusing but its actually pretty simple. When it says "Mismatch penalty" it only means for the current weekend.

So if Week 1 is a Short track but you're working on both cars that weekend, It will show your Normal track car as "mismatch".

All that means is that if you were to use your Normal track car on Week 1 at the Short Track, you would lose performance that weekend because you would be driving the wrong chassis.

During Week 2 (Normal Track), You would see that the mismatch would be gone on your "Normal Chassis".
Stuntman949
9/25/2018 11:11am
It does make perfect sense and that's how I thought I was handling it with the upcoming tracks. I have two short track chassis and two...

Donovan759 wrote:
I think I follow your question. It can seem confusing but its actually pretty simple. When it says "Mismatch penalty" it only means for the current...
I think I follow your question. It can seem confusing but its actually pretty simple. When it says "Mismatch penalty" it only means for the current weekend.

So if Week 1 is a Short track but you're working on both cars that weekend, It will show your Normal track car as "mismatch".

All that means is that if you were to use your Normal track car on Week 1 at the Short Track, you would lose performance that weekend because you would be driving the wrong chassis.

During Week 2 (Normal Track), You would see that the mismatch would be gone on your "Normal Chassis".
10-4. I know my wording was all over the damn place so I appreciate you clarifying.

Are you still running the dirt track series? Although the dirt is the best part of the game for me, I want to venture into the trucks but with a well-built team.
Donovan759
9/25/2018 11:55am
10-4. I know my wording was all over the damn place so I appreciate you clarifying. Are you still running the dirt track series? Although the...
10-4. I know my wording was all over the damn place so I appreciate you clarifying.

Are you still running the dirt track series? Although the dirt is the best part of the game for me, I want to venture into the trucks but with a well-built team.
No its cool. Its hard to explain and to understand. I am running my 2nd dirt series and changing to hard difficulty to see how I do w/ a fully built car. I'd eventually like to be able to be competitive on the extreme difficulty or whatever it is.

I just most likely made the biggest mistake of my life and started my own truck team. I probably should have just ran for a professional team. And i'm kind of pissed that I just did that cause it's going to be so much more time consuming to keep up with. There are 4 different chassis to buy. And i'm going to suck for the first season so there's that. Especially if if run the game on hard difficulty with junk trucks that aren't built at all.
Stuntman949
9/26/2018 9:16am
10-4. I know my wording was all over the damn place so I appreciate you clarifying. Are you still running the dirt track series? Although the...

Donovan759 wrote:
No its cool. Its hard to explain and to understand. I am running my 2nd dirt series and changing to hard difficulty to see how I...
No its cool. Its hard to explain and to understand. I am running my 2nd dirt series and changing to hard difficulty to see how I do w/ a fully built car. I'd eventually like to be able to be competitive on the extreme difficulty or whatever it is.

I just most likely made the biggest mistake of my life and started my own truck team. I probably should have just ran for a professional team. And i'm kind of pissed that I just did that cause it's going to be so much more time consuming to keep up with. There are 4 different chassis to buy. And i'm going to suck for the first season so there's that. Especially if if run the game on hard difficulty with junk trucks that aren't built at all.
Need your advice here. Start a truck team with $500,000 or sign with a three star team.....
Donovan759
9/27/2018 5:49am

Donovan759 wrote:
No its cool. Its hard to explain and to understand. I am running my 2nd dirt series and changing to hard difficulty to see how I...

Need your advice here. Start a truck team with $500,000 or sign with a three star team.....
Sorry. I missed this. If you have 500k, That's probably enough to get a few chassis and be semi competitive. Heads up though, you have to hire a whole new crew for your truck series. that's what I wasn't expecting. You literally start back at ground zero. They're two separate garages. I only had 70k when i started the truck team. If i could go back, I'd do a season running for another team.

Post a reply to: Nascar Heat 3 Includes Dirt Late Model Series

The Latest