NBC sports gold/tv question

PBRvince
Fantasy
2055th
Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 9:20am
Going racing this weekend and I'm wondering if there is any way I can connect my iPhone to my tv and be able to watch supercross through my NBC sports gold app. If I'm not mistaken there's a device that connects through the HDMI port on the TV?
Thanks for the help
|
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/13/2020 11:15pm
Yup!!! You can get them at Best Buy, KMart, Target or Walmart. We used it for a long time. Hmdi to whichever iPhone plug you need.
SEE ARE125
1/14/2020 5:37am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 5:39am
Hopefully your phone has the ability for wireless charging and you have a wireless charger. It would suck for the phone to start dying and then you have to unplug the lightning cable to charge it and miss the race. If it doesn’t do wireless, might look into a splitter or something so the lightning comes out and then goes to a charger and to the TV. Not even sure that would work, but it may be something you want to figure out in advance. In my experience streaming uses quite a bit of battery, and it would suck for the phone to die just before the mains.
kb228
1/14/2020 5:42am
They make dongles that have lightning, hdmi, usb, headphones, etc all in 1. Id go that route.

The Shop

1/14/2020 5:48am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 5:49am
Might be easy to just hotspot some wifi and use smart tv app or whatever too.
fatpurplepanda
Fantasy
2816th
1/14/2020 6:40am
Apple TV and screen mirror so you can sit on the couch..but if you have an Apple TV, you may as well just download the app
1/14/2020 6:44am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 6:45am

^^^ beat me to it.

If you have an Apple TV you can do a wireless stream to the TV through it preventing the need to switch back and forth between charging/streaming. There's probably a few more devices that let iPhone's stream wireless as well.
FuzzyLogic
1/14/2020 7:14am
^^^ beat me to it. If you have an Apple TV you can do a wireless stream to the TV through it preventing the need to...

^^^ beat me to it.

If you have an Apple TV you can do a wireless stream to the TV through it preventing the need to switch back and forth between charging/streaming. There's probably a few more devices that let iPhone's stream wireless as well.
can the NBC sports gold app be downloaded / used with Apple TV OTHER than doing screen mirroring with an iPhone or iPad?
SEE ARE125
1/14/2020 7:21am Edited Date/Time 1/14/2020 7:25am
^^^ beat me to it. If you have an Apple TV you can do a wireless stream to the TV through it preventing the need to...

^^^ beat me to it.

FuzzyLogic wrote:
can the NBC sports gold app be downloaded / used with Apple TV OTHER than doing screen mirroring with an iPhone or iPad?
Yes, I use it every weekend. Just go to the App Store on your Apple TV and search for the NBC Sports app.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/14/2020 9:20am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Hopefully your phone has the ability for wireless charging and you have a wireless charger. It would suck for the phone to start dying and then...
Hopefully your phone has the ability for wireless charging and you have a wireless charger. It would suck for the phone to start dying and then you have to unplug the lightning cable to charge it and miss the race. If it doesn’t do wireless, might look into a splitter or something so the lightning comes out and then goes to a charger and to the TV. Not even sure that would work, but it may be something you want to figure out in advance. In my experience streaming uses quite a bit of battery, and it would suck for the phone to die just before the mains.
They have a spot for the charger to be plugged in while watching.
SEE ARE125
1/14/2020 9:45am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Hopefully your phone has the ability for wireless charging and you have a wireless charger. It would suck for the phone to start dying and then...
mattyhamz2 wrote:
They have a spot for the charger to be plugged in while watching.
That’s awesome then! I wasn’t sure if the iPhone would allow more than one function to happen simultaneously through the lightning port. I know plugging my iPhone into my truck’s USB port requires me to unlock my phone for security reasons. lol I figured all the cables with multiple plugs on them were just for convenience of having a one cable for multiple scenarios.

Post a reply to: NBC sports gold/tv question

The Latest