NBC Fake News 1992

Related:
Create New Tag

8/17/2017 9:29 PM

You kids remember this?

|

8/17/2017 10:34 PM

Wow haha. That was embarrassing...

|

Vital Mx is not safe...

8/18/2017 3:15 AM

Oops

|

8/18/2017 5:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2017 5:23 AM

Damn.. grin

Imagine if Fox News had to apologize every time they put out a bullshit story. They would have to add a whole other channel to show apologies 24/7.

"Welcome to the Fox News Bullshit apology channel."

|

8/18/2017 5:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2017 5:32 AM

Not sure whether the story played a part, but there was a class action suit of GM for those tanks. My dad had one of the affected trucks and later received a settlement notice. The funny part was when we looked at the payout disclosure. Affected owners received 1000.00 off a new truck, but only if they bought a new (not used) GM truck in the next 4 years, and only if they mentioned the 1000.00 up front (obviously so the dealer could bury 1000.00 somewhere in the negotiations)...oh, and the lawyers (4) each got 15,000,000 if memory serves...

|

8/18/2017 5:58 AM

Always have to love it when the ever upstanding Consumer Reports gets their shorts blown off. We had a 94 Trooper when CR tried to shit on them and the Acura SLX as a rollover waiting to happen.

Fast forward to 4:30

|

8/18/2017 6:12 AM

Ditto with Ralph Nader and his 1965 book, "Unsafe at any speed". That twit didn't even have a drivers license or engineering degree. But that didn't stop him from panning the Chevy Corvair and scaring the public needlessly.

|

8/18/2017 7:52 AM

FolkLoar wrote:

Damn.. grin

Imagine if Fox News had to apologize every time they put out a bullshit story. They would have to add a whole other channel to show apologies 24/7.

"Welcome to the Fox News Bullshit apology channel."

Triggered! laughing laughing

|

8/18/2017 9:01 AM

|

8/18/2017 10:43 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/18/2017 7:12 PM

These days you don't have to make things up. The truth is stranger than fiction.

|

8/18/2017 10:46 AM

Photo

|

8/18/2017 7:14 PM

FolkLoar wrote:

Damn.. grin

Imagine if Fox News had to apologize every time they put out a bullshit story. They would have to add a whole other channel to show apologies 24/7.

"Welcome to the Fox News Bullshit apology channel."

In the US, anyway, broadcast journalism is not held to nearly the same standard as print journalism. It's basically factoids spun and spit out into narratives tailored to support your "liberal" or "conservative" beliefs. MSNBC, FOX, etc. are complete garbage. People would be better to pick up a newspaper instead. Not that it's perfect, but it's worlds better than the hysterical soap opera bullshit the evening news will shove down people's throats.

|

8/18/2017 8:40 PM

FolkLoar wrote:

Damn.. grin

Imagine if Fox News had to apologize every time they put out a bullshit story. They would have to add a whole other channel to show apologies 24/7.

"Welcome to the Fox News Bullshit apology channel."

tickleme20 wrote:

In the US, anyway, broadcast journalism is not held to nearly the same standard as print journalism. It's basically factoids spun and spit out into narratives tailored to support your "liberal" or "conservative" beliefs. MSNBC, FOX, etc. are complete garbage. People would be better to pick up a newspaper instead. Not that it's perfect, but it's worlds better than the hysterical soap opera bullshit the evening news will shove down people's throats.

It's the same shit, where do you think cable news get thier headlines?

|

No Signature.

8/19/2017 8:19 AM

FolkLoar wrote:

Damn.. grin

Imagine if Fox News had to apologize every time they put out a bullshit story. They would have to add a whole other channel to show apologies 24/7.

"Welcome to the Fox News Bullshit apology channel."

tickleme20 wrote:

In the US, anyway, broadcast journalism is not held to nearly the same standard as print journalism. It's basically factoids spun and spit out into narratives tailored to support your "liberal" or "conservative" beliefs. MSNBC, FOX, etc. are complete garbage. People would be better to pick up a newspaper instead. Not that it's perfect, but it's worlds better than the hysterical soap opera bullshit the evening news will shove down people's throats.

Yup, or listen to NPR. I listen daily and it's very professional journalism. Makes me feel like I live in a civilized country wink almost...

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

8/19/2017 10:08 AM

A bad idea, start to finish. Ya think? w00t
|

8/19/2017 4:11 PM

Eventually the progressive media will turn it's ire against dirt bikes and we will be gone. By any means necessary, to use Antifa's lingo.

They have already stated that damage done by off road vehicles can be seen from space. Clearly these machines need to be banned before it is too late. Anyone who rides a dirt bike is killing the planet, they will say.

AND dirt bikes are unhealthy since it has been shown that just the NOISE from a bike can cause health problems like high cholesterol. I shit you not.

You're either a motocrosser or a progressive.

|

8/19/2017 5:32 PM

hppylib wrote:

Eventually the progressive media will turn it's ire against dirt bikes and we will be gone. By any means necessary, to use Antifa's lingo.

They have already stated that damage done by off road vehicles can be seen from space. Clearly these machines need to be banned before it is too late. Anyone who rides a dirt bike is killing the planet, they will say.

AND dirt bikes are unhealthy since it has been shown that just the NOISE from a bike can cause health problems like high cholesterol. I shit you not.

You're either a motocrosser or a progressive.

Simple things for simple minds. Beauty eh?

|

8/19/2017 6:44 PM

From an outside perspective, as mentioned above, it does seem that the media is just playing the divide over there. My news outlet tells me what I want to hear BUT, one side seems to play loose with the facts, and trade on peoples emotions a whole lot more than the other.

When did the US become so split on part lines? So much that your legislators can't legislate anymore. We are starting to see it in Australia but it doesn't seem as bad yet.

|

8/20/2017 9:54 AM

Ferro wrote:

From an outside perspective, as mentioned above, it does seem that the media is just playing the divide over there. My news outlet tells me what I want to hear BUT, one side seems to play loose with the facts, and trade on peoples emotions a whole lot more than the other.

When did the US become so split on part lines? So much that your legislators can't legislate anymore. We are starting to see it in Australia but it doesn't seem as bad yet.

I don't know why you would have that opinion- when our current national debate is about statues leftover from a 150-year old war, not all the countries we are bombing and/or invading. w00t

The media exists to divide the public and support the corporate/government/media establishment (all the same people).

|

It's impossible for a corporation or government to love you or care about you.

8/20/2017 10:40 AM

"Cable news" is a total misnomer now. I remember when I could switch on CNN and it was wire to wire news. Since FOX started up, all the cable news channels slowly moved to their own partisan corners and actual news has now all but vanished. Everything is opinion. It's now wire to wire bullshit. The actual percentage of the population that watch one of these channels at any one time is tiny. 2.6 million for MSNBC in primetime. That's not even 1% of the population. That's all they have to cater to to make money and stay on air, 1%. I'm not blaming Fox because they saw an unserved demo and filled the void. CNN had become noticeably slanted in the mid to late 90's and Fox stepped in.
Actual information and facts are available but you have to seek it out. It's not getting any easier though with more and more online versions of print news going to subscription.

|

8/20/2017 12:38 PM

borg wrote:

"Cable news" is a total misnomer now. I remember when I could switch on CNN and it was wire to wire news. Since FOX started up, all the cable news channels slowly moved to their own partisan corners and actual news has now all but vanished. Everything is opinion. It's now wire to wire bullshit. The actual percentage of the population that watch one of these channels at any one time is tiny. 2.6 million for MSNBC in primetime. That's not even 1% of the population. That's all they have to cater to to make money and stay on air, 1%. I'm not blaming Fox because they saw an unserved demo and filled the void. CNN had become noticeably slanted in the mid to late 90's and Fox stepped in.
Actual information and facts are available but you have to seek it out. It's not getting any easier though with more and more online versions of print news going to subscription.

Yup

|

Osama Bin Mixin - Head of the 2-stroke Taliban

8/20/2017 8:00 PM

borg wrote:

"Cable news" is a total misnomer now. I remember when I could switch on CNN and it was wire to wire news. Since FOX started up, all the cable news channels slowly moved to their own partisan corners and actual news has now all but vanished. Everything is opinion. It's now wire to wire bullshit. The actual percentage of the population that watch one of these channels at any one time is tiny. 2.6 million for MSNBC in primetime. That's not even 1% of the population. That's all they have to cater to to make money and stay on air, 1%. I'm not blaming Fox because they saw an unserved demo and filled the void. CNN had become noticeably slanted in the mid to late 90's and Fox stepped in.
Actual information and facts are available but you have to seek it out. It's not getting any easier though with more and more online versions of print news going to subscription.

Spot on.

|

8/21/2017 5:26 AM

borg wrote:

"Cable news" is a total misnomer now. I remember when I could switch on CNN and it was wire to wire news. Since FOX started up, all the cable news channels slowly moved to their own partisan corners and actual news has now all but vanished. Everything is opinion. It's now wire to wire bullshit. The actual percentage of the population that watch one of these channels at any one time is tiny. 2.6 million for MSNBC in primetime. That's not even 1% of the population. That's all they have to cater to to make money and stay on air, 1%. I'm not blaming Fox because they saw an unserved demo and filled the void. CNN had become noticeably slanted in the mid to late 90's and Fox stepped in.
Actual information and facts are available but you have to seek it out. It's not getting any easier though with more and more online versions of print news going to subscription.

I can't say that anyone has taken this election any harder or more personal than CNN. They're just one big comedic opinion website anymore.

|

8/22/2017 1:38 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/22/2017 1:41 PM

How about some current examples:

Calling everybody that questions removing confederate monuments as "white nationalists".

And I have seen several headlines announcing "three dead as a result of Charlottesville protests".
One young woman lost her life when the lunatic ran his car into that crowded street. The other 2 deaths were two state troopers that died when their helicopter crashed. It wasn't shot down. As tragic as that incident was, it was not a result of the protest.

|

8/22/2017 1:47 PM

AHRMA361 wrote:

Ditto with Ralph Nader and his 1965 book, "Unsafe at any speed". That twit didn't even have a drivers license or engineering degree. But that didn't stop him from panning the Chevy Corvair and scaring the public needlessly.

You do know that the engineering of the rear suspension of that car was not sound right?

|

8/22/2017 6:23 PM

early wrote:

You do know that the engineering of the rear suspension of that car was not sound right?

My family had several of the corvairs as family cars.

There were problems in the first year or so that were easily corrected by adding a front anti-way bar and being diligent in running the recommended tire pressure, especially in the front tires.

These problems were compounded by drivers not understanding how a rear engine car handles differently.

The suspension design was similar to designs on both the VW and porshe cars. I guess vws didn't have enough hp and pushed so bad that oversteer never happened, and porche drivers bought them specifically for their different handling and learned the characteristics of the rear engine car where corvairs were sold as an economical family car.

nader is a dweeby gas bag. his claims were never duplicated in independent tests.

My brother restored a 2nd Gen Monza with the turbo. It was an awesome little car that drove like it was on rails.

After production ended they became very popular in autocross and road racing events.

|

8/22/2017 7:37 PM

JustMX wrote:

My family had several of the corvairs as family cars.

There were problems in the first year or so that were easily corrected by adding a front anti-way bar and being diligent in running the recommended tire pressure, especially in the front tires.

These problems were compounded by drivers not understanding how a rear engine car handles differently.

The suspension design was similar to designs on both the VW and porshe cars. I guess vws didn't have enough hp and pushed so bad that oversteer never happened, and porche drivers bought them specifically for their different handling and learned the characteristics of the rear engine car where corvairs were sold as an economical family car.

nader is a dweeby gas bag. his claims were never duplicated in independent tests.

My brother restored a 2nd Gen Monza with the turbo. It was an awesome little car that drove like it was on rails.

After production ended they became very popular in autocross and road racing events.

Sounds like you have alot of experience with them. Swing axle rear ends are not a great design from an engineering stand point as they put the roll center too high on the car.

I grew up around classic cars and have a great appreciation for all cars good, bad and ugly. I think the corvair falls under the neat category but never really floated my boat.

|

8/22/2017 8:33 PM

newmann wrote:

You kids remember this?

I seriously thought you were going to put up the story from around that time when they were trying to get everyone against assault rifles and shot a watermelon to show the damage they could do. They decided it didn't do enough damage so what they filmed was shooting it with a shotgun while telling everyone they used an assault rifle.
TM

|

www.alljackedupinc.com home of the Switch Hauler, the only modular hauling system www.sprocketstuff.com home of the Counter Sprocket Tool