NBA fans. What do I do with this spare ticket

tobz
A while ago I booked pretty good tickets for GSW v Boston this Saturday while I'm in SF for a couple of days, they're pretty good tickets only 8 rows back in the centre. On StubHub I could only buy tickets in pairs. They weren't cheap, at 2 grand for the pair. But this is a once in a lifetime trip for me.

I'd be happy with $500 for the ticket, what are my chances of selling it at Oracle Arena? It's a bit hard when it's a digital ticket.

Anyone here interested?
|
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
1/26/2018 4:24pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2018 5:07pm
Put it on the local Craigslist. List it as digital, most realize that is the way tickets are going. You may even get more than you think.

What is face value? I don’t know about Oracle, per se, but if you are selling for face, or less, then you aren’t scalping. At least that’s been my experience at many venues in the US.

Edit: spelling
BMSOBx2
1/26/2018 4:49pm
This is a big deal game. Potential finals adversaries. There should be a huge demand for these tickets. Why aren't you going? Or did you just buy the tickets to make money? If so f*** off. You're not a fan.
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
1/26/2018 5:00pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
This is a big deal game. Potential finals adversaries. There should be a huge demand for these tickets. Why aren't you going? Or did you just...
This is a big deal game. Potential finals adversaries. There should be a huge demand for these tickets. Why aren't you going? Or did you just buy the tickets to make money? If so f*** off. You're not a fan.
The tickets were $1000 a piece. He’s willing to sell one for $500.
TommyLee93
1/26/2018 5:04pm
Reading is key, he is wanting to sell 1 ticket.

The Shop

AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
1/26/2018 5:38pm
TommyLee93 wrote:
Comprehension also.

I suggest to try and find a hottie fan at a local bar and offer her the seat for $0 and they can work the "rest" of the value out later.Tongue
BMSOBx2
1/26/2018 6:11pm
Why do you think tickets cost $1,000 a piece?

Just saying.
Ebs
1/26/2018 7:37pm
Two tickets for $2000 = $1000 per ticket.

Math is hard.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
1/26/2018 9:50pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
This is a big deal game. Potential finals adversaries. There should be a huge demand for these tickets. Why aren't you going? Or did you just...
He asked for advice. Not to get berated.
tobz
1/26/2018 10:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/26/2018 10:11pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Did you want a TL:DR?

Had to buy to buy a pair of tickets at 2k total, I'm travelling solo, looking to see the other ticket for at least 500. Not sure how you do your maths but I'm definately not making coin.

tobz
1/26/2018 10:12pm
kzizok wrote:
Put it on the local Craigslist. List it as digital, most realize that is the way tickets are going. You may even get more than you...
Put it on the local Craigslist. List it as digital, most realize that is the way tickets are going. You may even get more than you think.

What is face value? I don’t know about Oracle, per se, but if you are selling for face, or less, then you aren’t scalping. At least that’s been my experience at many venues in the US.

Edit: spelling
Thanks for the advice, I'll see if Craiglist gets me anywhere.
BMSOBx2
1/27/2018 8:28am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2018 9:21am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
tobz wrote:
Did you want a TL:DR? Had to buy to buy a pair of tickets at 2k total, I'm travelling solo, looking to see the other ticket...

Had to buy to buy a pair of tickets at 2k total, I'm travelling solo, looking to see the other ticket for at least 500. Not sure how you do your maths but I'm definately not making coin.

My bad. As a long time Bay Area resident and warriors fan who can no longer afford to attend the games due to inflated ticket prices this is a rather sore subject for me. Selling your ticket for half of what you paid for it makes you a philanthropist of sorts but my choice is spending $5,000 to take my family to the game or remodeling the kitchen. Kind of sucks. I hope you enjoy the game. Go Warriors!!!
D_L118
1/27/2018 10:23am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
tobz wrote:
Did you want a TL:DR? Had to buy to buy a pair of tickets at 2k total, I'm travelling solo, looking to see the other ticket...

BMSOBx2 wrote:
My bad. As a long time Bay Area resident and warriors fan who can no longer afford to attend the games due to inflated ticket prices...
My bad. As a long time Bay Area resident and warriors fan who can no longer afford to attend the games due to inflated ticket prices this is a rather sore subject for me. Selling your ticket for half of what you paid for it makes you a philanthropist of sorts but my choice is spending $5,000 to take my family to the game or remodeling the kitchen. Kind of sucks. I hope you enjoy the game. Go Warriors!!!
1000$ just for watching a basketball game, that doesn't make sense to me...
mxb2
1/27/2018 11:14am
tobz wrote:

BMSOBx2 wrote:
My bad. As a long time Bay Area resident and warriors fan who can no longer afford to attend the games due to inflated ticket prices...
D_L118 wrote:
Gotta pay, billion dollar business. I sat courtside sixers at cavs, $1900 x 2.$3800 , you ever price nfl, super bowl prices? Bigger media equals more expensive.
tobz
1/27/2018 12:32pm
D_L118 wrote:
Can't take it with ya mate.
agn5009
1/28/2018 9:41am
TommyLee93 wrote:
AHRMA361 wrote:
Comprehension also. I suggest to try and find a hottie fan at a local bar and offer her the seat for $0 and they can work...
Comprehension also.

I suggest to try and find a hottie fan at a local bar and offer her the seat for $0 and they can work the "rest" of the value out later.Tongue
I second this notion. Or you don't have a friend that would go?
mxb2
1/28/2018 11:00am
TommyLee93 wrote:
AHRMA361 wrote:
Comprehension also. I suggest to try and find a hottie fan at a local bar and offer her the seat for $0 and they can work...
Comprehension also.

Nope,. Hit it first. Haha, once the games over some excuse will pop up. $1000 seat aint free.
tobz
1/28/2018 11:04am
TommyLee93 wrote:
AHRMA361 wrote:
Comprehension also.

agn5009 wrote:
I second this notion. Or you don't have a friend that would go?
Aha if only it were that easy.

Was a bloody awesome game and recouped 650 for the ticket.

Post a reply to: NBA fans. What do I do with this spare ticket

The Latest