NBA Playoffs

APLMAN99
6/13/2017 7:51am
ocscottie wrote:
Its been rumored he will take a pay cut from what i have read. Freeing up cap to pay Steph.
Durant won't be taking a pay cut, but it's rumored that he's willing to take less than his potential 'max' deal.

If he opts out of his current contract that would pay him around $29M, the max deal that he could sign with GS would be around $35M per year, but a good portion of that would count against the team's cap space. If he agrees to the '120%' type of deal, then his average salary would be around $32M. In that situation none of the increased salary would count against the salary cap. That's what most expect him to do.

The NBA cap and contract rules are crazy, and I think it'd take a savant to truly understand all the different possibilities.

Read a pretty good article that described how it was possible for the Warriors to even have cap room for Durant's initial contract. Basically the NBA jumped the cap so much for last season by applying the whole TV contract to the revenue pool rather than increasing it gradually, and Curry, Thompson, and Green were playing under contracts based on the old cap, so GS had a huge amount of cap space. Somewhat shrewd business, but somewhat lucky too.
6/13/2017 8:22am
APLMAN99 wrote:
So you're upset that a highly competitive person took the opportunity to put themself into the most competitive situation to be successful? Seriously? Durant did some...
So you're upset that a highly competitive person took the opportunity to put themself into the most competitive situation to be successful? Seriously?

Durant did some crazy great things for OKC. Dude played as well as just about anyone in the league during his time there. And in his mind, the organizational desire to win titles wasn't as high as it is in GS. It's hard to disagree with his point of view based on the results, and his knowledge of the two organizations is vastly better than ours.

Durant would have been foolish to not have taken the contract offer from the Warriors. Dogging him for wanting to win reveals someone who probably doesn't win often.....
Crush wrote:
Thanks for your judgy fucking metaphors, I'm doing just fine thank you so you can stick them up your ass... and it's not about wanting to...
Thanks for your judgy fucking metaphors, I'm doing just fine thank you so you can stick them up your ass... and it's not about wanting to win. No one who plays any competitive sport doesn't want to win.

And not sure how you get that OKC doesn't have a desire to win, or that they were chop liver... remember they had the Dubs down 3-1 in the WCF.

Joining a 73-9 team who lost the finals after a 3-1 lead, the same team you had on the ropes a week before is lame. Simple as that.
The future return for Durant by making a smart business move speaks for itself.

One of the main reasons Durant left OKC was Westbrook and his bullshit. He choked away more finals games by his all about me play, just look at the talet that came and went from OKC after continued playoff meltdowns. Look at how Westbrook did it again this year with Durant gone. Yeah, I know that Durant didn't put any blame on working with Westbrook for his leaving, but I've watched Durant play in person while in college at Texas and while in OKC, it's really pretty obvious what the issues were. Durant liked OKC, and he would have never left if it wasn't for Westbrook in my opinion.

With your reasoning, no rider should ever switch to the team that offers the best opportunity to win a championship either. Pretty frikkin stupid if you ask me.

The Shop

Crush
6/13/2017 8:38am Edited Date/Time 6/13/2017 8:39am
Comparing a team sport to MX is ridiculous

RJ signed with Honda. Was he a lock? No. He still had to win the thing himself. And fuck, people get on Honda for buying titles, none of those moves were as weak sauce as this...

KD joined a 73-9 team to become what, the 5th or 6th all star on the team, a team he barely lost too... and they pissed it in. They probably will next year. How much more satisfying would it have been to do it in OKC?

Why he left OKC? He said he wanted to win. OKC came within paint thinner of going to the finals last year and a lot of talking heads would put that loss on KD more than anything, he didn't finish that series well.
TXDirt
6/13/2017 10:16am
The warriors are deadly because they know how to play team ball. The cavs basically had only James And Kyrie. The role players on the cavs not even close to those on GS. Would KevinLove even be a starter on that GS team? I'm not so sure.
APLMAN99
6/13/2017 12:08pm
Crush wrote:
Comparing a team sport to MX is ridiculous RJ signed with Honda. Was he a lock? No. He still had to win the thing himself. And...
Comparing a team sport to MX is ridiculous

RJ signed with Honda. Was he a lock? No. He still had to win the thing himself. And fuck, people get on Honda for buying titles, none of those moves were as weak sauce as this...

KD joined a 73-9 team to become what, the 5th or 6th all star on the team, a team he barely lost too... and they pissed it in. They probably will next year. How much more satisfying would it have been to do it in OKC?

Why he left OKC? He said he wanted to win. OKC came within paint thinner of going to the finals last year and a lot of talking heads would put that loss on KD more than anything, he didn't finish that series well.
Comparing mx to a team sport may seem ridiculous, but so is your jihad against Durant.......

Durant's leaving OKC wasn't a spur of the moment decision. The thoughts of it probably began when the Thunder completely screwed up the James Harden situation and gave him an hour to accept a lowball offer or else. Two hours after getting the non-max offer and an hour after his "deadline", Harden was shipped to Houston. That showed Durant that there isn't a whole lot of loyalty to players by that organization, and most likely showed that the organization might be interested in winning titles, but not entirely committed to it. If they were truly committed, then the $2M per year extra that they could have paid Harden wouldn't have even been a question.

There were no guarantees when Durant went to GS. Just like your RJ assertion, they still had to go out and do the work, and at that level even a little bit of a letdown can get you humbled pretty quickly. The Warriors without Durant probably wouldn't have beaten the Cavs again this year, but he was definitely the difference maker.

ocscottie
6/13/2017 2:24pm
Crusher, you done crying yet? The season is over Laughing

Crush
6/14/2017 4:53am Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 4:56am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Comparing mx to a team sport may seem ridiculous, but so is your jihad against Durant....... Durant's leaving OKC wasn't a spur of the moment decision...
Comparing mx to a team sport may seem ridiculous, but so is your jihad against Durant.......

Durant's leaving OKC wasn't a spur of the moment decision. The thoughts of it probably began when the Thunder completely screwed up the James Harden situation and gave him an hour to accept a lowball offer or else. Two hours after getting the non-max offer and an hour after his "deadline", Harden was shipped to Houston. That showed Durant that there isn't a whole lot of loyalty to players by that organization, and most likely showed that the organization might be interested in winning titles, but not entirely committed to it. If they were truly committed, then the $2M per year extra that they could have paid Harden wouldn't have even been a question.

There were no guarantees when Durant went to GS. Just like your RJ assertion, they still had to go out and do the work, and at that level even a little bit of a letdown can get you humbled pretty quickly. The Warriors without Durant probably wouldn't have beaten the Cavs again this year, but he was definitely the difference maker.

What does it being spur of the moment or not have to do with anything? Snotabout how, it's about who. Like I said man, jump on social media, that's why people didn't like the move...

He went to bed with the people that beat his people, saying he is "sick of second place and just wants to win"... that's a a kick in the nuts... let alone the fact they almost did win... But instead he joins a 73-9 team who are Draymond's absence away from being two time defending champs...

With him, they cruise all year, beat the Cavs each time (right?), go uncontested through the finals, bar one game where the Cavs had to go fucking break scoring records to scratch one out... the other's weren't even close!

OC. Fuck you dude! haha. Not crying, just think it's piss poor... Wouldn't fly down here, just weak. I get he wants to win, but fuck, way to let em down. Thought similar things about LBJ going to Miami, but at least they had to build something... and he built again going back. That wasn't near this.

Crush
6/14/2017 4:58am
TXDirt wrote:
The warriors are deadly because they know how to play team ball. The cavs basically had only James And Kyrie. The role players on the cavs...
The warriors are deadly because they know how to play team ball. The cavs basically had only James And Kyrie. The role players on the cavs not even close to those on GS. Would KevinLove even be a starter on that GS team? I'm not so sure.
Yeah the rest and even Kyrie didn't have their best series... I'd imagine even if they don't add some stars there might be some re-rosterizing... But the Dubs were pretty nuts. Iggy and Draymond were great. Was pretty cool Iggy got that dunk near the end of the 5th, bit of redemption for last year's block.
mxb2
6/14/2017 6:20am
It's a billion dollar business, players come and go. Get over it or don't watch. Same stuff happens in all sports. The best team beat the second best team. Cavs will reload next year or Lbj will be gone.
gabrielito
6/14/2017 6:50am
The future return for Durant by making a smart business move speaks for itself. One of the main reasons Durant left OKC was Westbrook and his...

One of the main reasons Durant left OKC was Westbrook and his bullshit. He choked away more finals games by his all about me play, just look at the talet that came and went from OKC after continued playoff meltdowns. Look at how Westbrook did it again this year with Durant gone. Yeah, I know that Durant didn't put any blame on working with Westbrook for his leaving, but I've watched Durant play in person while in college at Texas and while in OKC, it's really pretty obvious what the issues were. Durant liked OKC, and he would have never left if it wasn't for Westbrook in my opinion.

With your reasoning, no rider should ever switch to the team that offers the best opportunity to win a championship either. Pretty frikkin stupid if you ask me.

It's a different situation but don't be surprised if Kyrie winds up somewhere else this off season or next. Clippers might do a trade with Chris Paul, or Kyrie winds up on the Lakers or NY. I don't see him staying in Cleveland much longer. The sense I get is he wants out of the Lebron shadow.
mxb2
6/14/2017 8:11am
The future return for Durant by making a smart business move speaks for itself. One of the main reasons Durant left OKC was Westbrook and his...

gabrielito wrote:
It's a different situation but don't be surprised if Kyrie winds up somewhere else this off season or next. Clippers might do a trade with Chris...
It's a different situation but don't be surprised if Kyrie winds up somewhere else this off season or next. Clippers might do a trade with Chris Paul, or Kyrie winds up on the Lakers or NY. I don't see him staying in Cleveland much longer. The sense I get is he wants out of the Lebron shadow.
Irvings not going anywhere.
gabrielito
6/14/2017 1:05pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 1:07pm

gabrielito wrote:
It's a different situation but don't be surprised if Kyrie winds up somewhere else this off season or next. Clippers might do a trade with Chris...
mxb2 wrote:
I wouldn't bet on it but the vibe is he is not totally content there. Just passing on the sentiments I hear from family members, but they aren't intimately involved in that aspect of his life.
mxb2
6/14/2017 1:24pm
gabrielito wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
I wouldn't bet on it but the vibe is he is not totally content there. Just passing on the sentiments I hear from family members, but...
I wouldn't bet on it but the vibe is he is not totally content there. Just passing on the sentiments I hear from family members, but they aren't intimately involved in that aspect of his life.
I know Larry drew, I ll get the 411, haha
gabrielito
6/14/2017 1:33pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 1:36pm
mxb2 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
I wouldn't bet on it but the vibe is he is not totally content there. Just passing on the sentiments I hear from family members, but...
mxb2 wrote:
He has two years left on his contract so the Cavs will need to figure out the direction they want to go. They need a lot of pieces so trading Love will not solve their issues. There is also talk Lebron might not finish in Clevland so that will be a factor as well. My guess is Kyrie will play for the Nicks or Lakers within a few years.
mxb2
6/14/2017 1:56pm
gabrielito wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
He has two years left on his contract so the Cavs will need to figure out the direction they want to go. They need a lot...
He has two years left on his contract so the Cavs will need to figure out the direction they want to go. They need a lot of pieces so trading Love will not solve their issues. There is also talk Lebron might not finish in Clevland so that will be a factor as well. My guess is Kyrie will play for the Nicks or Lakers within a few years.
Yep, I meant he s not going anywhere until.at least his contract is done, Then who knows with Lbj, gotta feeling Love will be in a deal to get another all star. Draft coming up, and you will see some moves in the nba this year before next season.
BMSOBx2
6/15/2017 6:44pm
Crush wrote:
What does it being spur of the moment or not have to do with anything? Snotabout how, it's about who. Like I said man, jump on...
What does it being spur of the moment or not have to do with anything? Snotabout how, it's about who. Like I said man, jump on social media, that's why people didn't like the move...

He went to bed with the people that beat his people, saying he is "sick of second place and just wants to win"... that's a a kick in the nuts... let alone the fact they almost did win... But instead he joins a 73-9 team who are Draymond's absence away from being two time defending champs...

With him, they cruise all year, beat the Cavs each time (right?), go uncontested through the finals, bar one game where the Cavs had to go fucking break scoring records to scratch one out... the other's weren't even close!

OC. Fuck you dude! haha. Not crying, just think it's piss poor... Wouldn't fly down here, just weak. I get he wants to win, but fuck, way to let em down. Thought similar things about LBJ going to Miami, but at least they had to build something... and he built again going back. That wasn't near this.

Scotties right you're a crybaby. Who would know better than Durant if the OKC management was committed to winning at the highest level? What he saw at Golden State made OKC look like amateurs. He's been in the league how long? Ain't getting any younger & without commitment from management, (The Harden deal), why stick around? Your constant referral to social media as justification for your argument shows how lame your excuses are. Social media only shows how the use of the lowest common denominator defines you. Warriors are world champs. Suck it.
Crush
6/18/2017 9:46am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2017 9:47am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Scotties right you're a crybaby. Who would know better than Durant if the OKC management was committed to winning at the highest level? What he saw...
Scotties right you're a crybaby. Who would know better than Durant if the OKC management was committed to winning at the highest level? What he saw at Golden State made OKC look like amateurs. He's been in the league how long? Ain't getting any younger & without commitment from management, (The Harden deal), why stick around? Your constant referral to social media as justification for your argument shows how lame your excuses are. Social media only shows how the use of the lowest common denominator defines you. Warriors are world champs. Suck it.
Look at the impartial Cali guy discounting the opinions of the majority because of the channel used to voice it, as if that makes it any less valid...

If you think it's cool, it's cool. I and many others don't, it's the definition of bandwagoning... excuses have nothing to do with anything, not my title won or lost. Just a fan.
BMSOBx2
6/18/2017 1:02pm
Hardly impartial here. Cali through & through, good times & bad. I was a Warriors fan when they won it all with Rick Barry in the 70s. Suffered through many lean years before they built this team. Watching them play B ball is a thing of beauty. Sorry you can't appreciate it. Other athletes want to be part of it too. If you are a real fan you wouldn't throw shade on their players & their success.
gabrielito
7/21/2017 3:24pm
mxb2 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20124505/kyrie-irving-seeking-trade-…

Kyrie Irving is ready to end his run with the Cleveland Cavaliers, as league sources told ESPN that the point guard has asked the team to trade him.

The request came last week and was made to Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert. Irving has expressed that he wants to play in a situation where he can be more of a focal point and that he no longer wants to play alongside LeBron James, sources said.

Among several possibilities discussed in Irving's meeting with the Cavaliers, the San Antonio Spurs were raised as a preferred destination, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Other teams Irving said he'd be willing to join were the New York Knicks, Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves, league sources told ESPN.
gabrielito
7/21/2017 3:28pm
gabrielito wrote:
I will neither confirm nor deny i am the NBA inside source
mxb2
7/21/2017 4:48pm
gabrielito wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20124505/kyrie-irving-seeking-trade-cleveland-cavaliers [i]Kyrie Irving is ready to end his run with the Cleveland Cavaliers, as league sources told ESPN that the point guard has asked the team...

Kyrie Irving is ready to end his run with the Cleveland Cavaliers, as league sources told ESPN that the point guard has asked the team to trade him.

The request came last week and was made to Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert. Irving has expressed that he wants to play in a situation where he can be more of a focal point and that he no longer wants to play alongside LeBron James, sources said.

Among several possibilities discussed in Irving's meeting with the Cavaliers, the San Antonio Spurs were raised as a preferred destination, league sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski. Other teams Irving said he'd be willing to join were the New York Knicks, Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves, league sources told ESPN.
The $$ will keep him in Cleveland, doubt he goes to a non title contending team. If lbj gets injured ,the Cavs are screwed , no pg.
BMSOBx2
7/21/2017 5:43pm
Is that "bandwagoning"? Love to see these teams scramble to match up with GS.
gabrielito
7/21/2017 5:53pm
mxb2 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20124505/kyrie-irving-seeking-trade-cleveland-cavaliers [i]Kyrie Irving is ready to end his run with the Cleveland Cavaliers, as league sources told ESPN that the point guard has asked the team...

mxb2 wrote:
The $$ will keep him in Cleveland, doubt he goes to a non title contending team. If lbj gets injured ,the Cavs are screwed , no...
The $$ will keep him in Cleveland, doubt he goes to a non title contending team. If lbj gets injured ,the Cavs are screwed , no pg.
I think he winds up in New York. Maybe Carmelo and another decent player for him or something like that. He's not all that motivated by money. New York is home and he's very close with his family.
mxb2
7/21/2017 6:47pm
gabrielito wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
The $$ will keep him in Cleveland, doubt he goes to a non title contending team. If lbj gets injured ,the Cavs are screwed , no...
gabrielito wrote:
I think he winds up in New York. Maybe Carmelo and another decent player for him or something like that. He's not all that motivated by...
I think he winds up in New York. Maybe Carmelo and another decent player for him or something like that. He's not all that motivated by money. New York is home and he's very close with his family.
Knicks are garbage. Lol , ask melo. Who knows melo might be gone. Lotta stuff going on in the nba now. I just need my sixers, wizards stay healthy. Sick
gabrielito
7/21/2017 6:55pm
mxb2 wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
I think he winds up in New York. Maybe Carmelo and another decent player for him or something like that. He's not all that motivated by...
mxb2 wrote:
Knicks are garbage. Lol , ask melo. Who knows melo might be gone. Lotta stuff going on in the nba now. I just need my sixers...
Knicks are garbage. Lol , ask melo. Who knows melo might be gone. Lotta stuff going on in the nba now. I just need my sixers, wizards stay healthy. Sick
Nicks need a new face of the franchise and rebuild from there. I think there will be a lot mutual interest. Kyrie needs to be in a big city like that to maintain his brand away from Lebron. If he goes to Miami or some out of the way place he will more than likely loose a lot of his exposure because he's really good but not Lebron, Druant, and Curry's caliber.
APLMAN99
7/22/2017 6:58am
Holy cow, if someone thinks that Durant made a bitch move, it'd be hard to describe Irving's latest request.

He isn't asking to be traded to have a better chance of winning, or to make more money. He just wants more attention........

FFS.
gabrielito
7/22/2017 7:07am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Holy cow, if someone thinks that Durant made a bitch move, it'd be hard to describe Irving's latest request. He isn't asking to be traded to...
Holy cow, if someone thinks that Durant made a bitch move, it'd be hard to describe Irving's latest request.

He isn't asking to be traded to have a better chance of winning, or to make more money. He just wants more attention........

FFS.
It's not for more attention it's the freedom. Lebron is essentially the organization. They don't even really have a coach. Lebron is probably leaving after this season and there is no real vision for the future. Also the team is located in Cleveland.

Post a reply to: NBA Playoffs

The Latest