NBA Playoffs

TXDirt
6/5/2017 6:09am
The GSW team is just too deep. Sure they have a big 4, but go look down the rest of the roster. They have got incredible talent. Maybe not big scorers but the role players are making the cavs work.
mxb2
6/5/2017 8:43am
Cavs put themselves in a big hole, they came back last year,but gsw didn't have Durant, #2 player in the league.
Crush
6/5/2017 9:43am
I really want to see Durant get that ring and make Clay Bennett cry
Crush wrote:
How the fuck could you pull for a guy to get a ring when he just upped and left OKC. Bitch move.
gabrielito wrote:
Because OKC just upped and left Seattle for OKC, that's why.
Nothing like the same move and no one player on the team could do anything about the Sonics move...

Durant went shopping for a ring and went to the Vice Champs. Lame.
GreaseMeter
6/5/2017 9:46am
Crush wrote:
How the fuck could you pull for a guy to get a ring when he just upped and left OKC. Bitch move.
What does Durant owe OKC? Every year he played for them he put up MVP numbers. You should go meet Durant, let him know he's a bitch.

The Shop

gabrielito
6/5/2017 11:29am
Crush wrote:
gabrielito wrote:
Because OKC just upped and left Seattle for OKC, that's why.
Crush wrote:
Nothing like the same move and no one player on the team could do anything about the Sonics move... Durant went shopping for a ring and...
Nothing like the same move and no one player on the team could do anything about the Sonics move...

Durant went shopping for a ring and went to the Vice Champs. Lame.
To an Aussie maybe, but if you are basketball fan from the Seattle anything that piss's OKC off is ideal. I'm rooting for the Cavs just because I know some of Kyrie Irving's extended family very well, but if that were not the case I would want Golden State just to stick it to OKC.
TDeath21
6/5/2017 3:43pm
Durant will never be remembered for winning a ring or an MVP. He will always be remembered as the player who made the weakest move in the history of sports. Championships for him literally mean nothing when talking about his legacy.
APLMAN99
6/5/2017 6:51pm
Crush wrote:
He wasn't a slave or indentured servant to the folks who own the Thunder franchise. If he thought that they were willing or able to put a title contending team on the floor, he'd likely still be there.

There's nothing noble about Durant signing a contract with any franchise that he feels isn't committed to winning a title. I'm guessing that he has a better understanding than you have about which teams are truly committed to winning, and which are mostly interested in maximizing ROI, via winning just enough.........
Crush
6/5/2017 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2017 8:39pm
Of course he didn't have any virtuous moral responsibility to OKC... legality is where it begins and ends.

But he went to the regular season record holding, recently defending and current vice champs, after narrowly losing to them – fuck, OKC were in the finals and just lost, just... It was a total ring hunting move.

And he didn't make Seattle move, he was like 2nd year when that happened and a player, what player could sway a franchise decision of that scale? So you can't hold him for that... But he'd have been amongst a host of state heros if they'd brought a title to OKC. It's not hard to look at all the negative comments on social media to see most people agree...

I mean fuck, even when Lebron went to Miami, it wasn't like they were straight murdering everyone anyways... that was ring window shopping if you will, KD went and put a down payment on it...

I'm pulling for the Cavs, Kyrie has an Aussie connection and last year's comeback was fucking awesome. Plus, fuck Steph Curry. You know, like the song. And Green too.
gabrielito
6/6/2017 6:14am
Crush wrote:
Of course he didn't have any virtuous moral responsibility to OKC... legality is where it begins and ends. But he went to the regular season record...
Of course he didn't have any virtuous moral responsibility to OKC... legality is where it begins and ends.

But he went to the regular season record holding, recently defending and current vice champs, after narrowly losing to them – fuck, OKC were in the finals and just lost, just... It was a total ring hunting move.

And he didn't make Seattle move, he was like 2nd year when that happened and a player, what player could sway a franchise decision of that scale? So you can't hold him for that... But he'd have been amongst a host of state heros if they'd brought a title to OKC. It's not hard to look at all the negative comments on social media to see most people agree...

I mean fuck, even when Lebron went to Miami, it wasn't like they were straight murdering everyone anyways... that was ring window shopping if you will, KD went and put a down payment on it...

I'm pulling for the Cavs, Kyrie has an Aussie connection and last year's comeback was fucking awesome. Plus, fuck Steph Curry. You know, like the song. And Green too.
Kyrie doesn't just have an Aussie connection, he was born in Melbourne and has duel citizenship.
FIREfish148
6/6/2017 6:18am
Crush wrote:
Lol ok mr edumacated... watch this when you get the chance. Implying Durant is a bitch is treason! Repent at once!

Really though this series is over already lol. Just give GS the title it's not even fair.
mxb2
6/6/2017 1:11pm
X2, everybody in life wants to better themselves.
mxb2
6/6/2017 1:57pm
X2, and a great person. I worked in his old neighbor in md. Good that he got of that area. Shithole
APLMAN99
6/6/2017 5:13pm
Crush wrote:
Of course he didn't have any virtuous moral responsibility to OKC... legality is where it begins and ends. But he went to the regular season record...

So you're upset that a highly competitive person took the opportunity to put themself into the most competitive situation to be successful? Seriously?

Durant did some crazy great things for OKC. Dude played as well as just about anyone in the league during his time there. And in his mind, the organizational desire to win titles wasn't as high as it is in GS. It's hard to disagree with his point of view based on the results, and his knowledge of the two organizations is vastly better than ours.

Durant would have been foolish to not have taken the contract offer from the Warriors. Dogging him for wanting to win reveals someone who probably doesn't win often.....
DownSouth
6/7/2017 8:48pm
Ha Ha Cleveland. You thought you had that one...3-0
Firefly47
6/8/2017 12:14pm
Not much makes me happier than watching Lebron lose.
peelout
6/9/2017 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2017 2:30pm
still a bit blown away at how stacked the Warriors team is and how anyone can honestly look at them and say that it is good for the league. the #2 player in the league going there this season was chickenshit and i lost a lot of respect for him as a player.

but what the hell do i know
ns503
6/9/2017 2:43pm
peelout wrote:
still a bit blown away at how stacked the Warriors team is and how anyone can honestly look at them and say that it is good...
still a bit blown away at how stacked the Warriors team is and how anyone can honestly look at them and say that it is good for the league. the #2 player in the league going there this season was chickenshit and i lost a lot of respect for him as a player.

That was me at first too - but now it's lost respect for the league.

They need to tweak their cap shit or something.

(I may have already said that. Er, beer me !)
peelout
6/9/2017 2:57pm
peelout wrote:
still a bit blown away at how stacked the Warriors team is and how anyone can honestly look at them and say that it is good...

ns503 wrote:
That was me at first too - but now it's lost respect for the league. They need to tweak their cap shit or something. (I may...
That was me at first too - but now it's lost respect for the league.

They need to tweak their cap shit or something.

(I may have already said that. Er, beer me !)
don't get me wrong, Durant is a phenomenal player... but this playoff season has proved that it was a bullshit move for the NBA to allow it.
ocscottie
6/9/2017 3:42pm
The warriors are in 7th on payroll totals,

Golden State $107,526,542

Guess who is #1? Yup Cleveland $128,492,467

Curry hardly makes shit for a 2 time MVP (12 mill. a year) LeBron makes twice as much, (30mil) GSW has a lot of guys playing for very little just to be there. KD is gonna take a big pay cut next year, there are rumors Steph is finally going to get paid. I dont know a lot about this stuff, just reading here and there when it comes up. This year the salary cap was raised and i think it raises again next year? but im just guessing.

Now give us NorCal fans a break and let us enjoy this!! we have waited a looooonng time to be a premiere team. Wait till you see the new stadium, its badass.
ocscottie
6/9/2017 4:39pm
Jeezzz....MJ went to 6 finals, won them all and was MVP in all 6. That is BALLS!!!!
APLMAN99
6/9/2017 6:17pm
ocscottie wrote:
The warriors are in 7th on payroll totals, Golden State $107,526,542 Guess who is #1? Yup Cleveland $128,492,467 Curry hardly makes shit for a 2 time...
The warriors are in 7th on payroll totals,

Golden State $107,526,542

Guess who is #1? Yup Cleveland $128,492,467

Curry hardly makes shit for a 2 time MVP (12 mill. a year) LeBron makes twice as much, (30mil) GSW has a lot of guys playing for very little just to be there. KD is gonna take a big pay cut next year, there are rumors Steph is finally going to get paid. I dont know a lot about this stuff, just reading here and there when it comes up. This year the salary cap was raised and i think it raises again next year? but im just guessing.

Now give us NorCal fans a break and let us enjoy this!! we have waited a looooonng time to be a premiere team. Wait till you see the new stadium, its badass.
Durant has a player option for next year for a slight raise I'm pretty sure. About $1.2M more than this year, I think. I doubt that he'll opt out of it because I don't think he could be paid more as a free agent.
ocscottie
6/9/2017 6:35pm
Its been rumored he will take a pay cut from what i have read. Freeing up cap to pay Steph.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
232nd
6/9/2017 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/9/2017 8:14pm
Cavs are grinding it. Setting records for the Finals in this game.

If we get to game 5 it will be epic!!
Green should be GONE!
Crush
6/10/2017 4:55am Edited Date/Time 6/10/2017 4:56am
APLMAN99 wrote:
So you're upset that a highly competitive person took the opportunity to put themself into the most competitive situation to be successful? Seriously? Durant did some...
So you're upset that a highly competitive person took the opportunity to put themself into the most competitive situation to be successful? Seriously?

Durant did some crazy great things for OKC. Dude played as well as just about anyone in the league during his time there. And in his mind, the organizational desire to win titles wasn't as high as it is in GS. It's hard to disagree with his point of view based on the results, and his knowledge of the two organizations is vastly better than ours.

Durant would have been foolish to not have taken the contract offer from the Warriors. Dogging him for wanting to win reveals someone who probably doesn't win often.....
Thanks for your judgy fucking metaphors, I'm doing just fine thank you so you can stick them up your ass... and it's not about wanting to win. No one who plays any competitive sport doesn't want to win.

And not sure how you get that OKC doesn't have a desire to win, or that they were chop liver... remember they had the Dubs down 3-1 in the WCF.

Joining a 73-9 team who lost the finals after a 3-1 lead, the same team you had on the ropes a week before is lame. Simple as that.

Post a reply to: NBA Playoffs

The Latest