NBA 2022-23

APLMAN99
Edited Date/Time 11/12/2022 11:27pm
Time for the next season’s thread, I suppose. I wish that it were scottie starting it, though……

Anyway, reports are that the horrendous mercenary that is Kevin Durant is asking to be traded to….. the Suns! Will he continue to be villainized by certain Suns diehards?!?!?!?!?!

🤔
|
BMSOBx2
6/30/2022 4:40pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2022 4:42pm
Good question. 🤑
Wherever KD goes he needs to be the big dog.

Miss you Scottie, the Warriors did it bro.
ns503
6/30/2022 4:45pm
He'll continue to be villainized that's for sure. By lots of people. Somewhere. But will be real interesting to see the outcome.

And this is just after Kyrie said he's in on his option, and staying? I think?

There's some, umm, interesting personalities on the NBA court, that's for sure.

+1 on Scottie.
G-man
6/30/2022 5:57pm
"Anyway, reports are that the horrendous
mercenary that is Kevin Durant is asking to be traded to….. the Suns! Will he continue to be villainized by certain Suns diehards"

Never liked him before even though he's one of the best players in the league and that won't change with me.

I heard the Nets don't want Ayton, they prefer Booker. Laughing That isn't going to happen as Book is the face of the franchise and they're about to sign him to a supermax contract.

Many can see why Durant would want to come here, we have a good young nucleus of players, they built a state-of-the-art practice facility offsite and they did a massive overhaul on the arena and it turned out real nice.

I just would hate to see them fleece the team to get Durant although it's real tempting as he is an incredible clutch player.

I guess the Ayton sweepstakes have not quite turned out like he expected, so there are a lot of questions regarding him and where he will end up.

I just don't think he is a Max contract player of a 150 million $30 million a year. I could maybe see 20 to 25 million but his agent will probably convince him not to take that which is freakin ridiculous.

Local sports radio says the Suns #1 priority right now is Durant, so the next few weeks will be real interesting.

Yes it's a bummer about Scottie, miss the guy.....

Crush
7/1/2022 8:07am
Suns literally can't trade Booker to the Nets because of the Supermax and the Rookie deal extension with Simmons.

I don't get it though, the Nets have a great roster this year if they're healthy! So silly.

The Shop

BMSOBx2
7/1/2022 3:09pm Edited Date/Time 7/1/2022 3:10pm
Warriors have lost GP2, Otto Porter Jr.,Toscano Anderson and our assistant coach. At least we got to keep Looney. Holy shit. Hope the youngsters come through for us next year.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/1/2022 3:18pm
Wow I hate this trade the Wolves just made for Gobert
Yes, I would have been happier to trade Towns for someone but keep Patrick Beverly!!!!
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/1/2022 5:03pm
We also gave away 4 1st round picks and Vanderbilt . I see this going bad for the wolves.
Crush
7/5/2022 6:13am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2022 6:15am
It’s a head scratcher for sure. Adding a facsimile of Gobert, like McGee for near min money and adding wings would have been the move.

Playoffs come, everyone will go small, suddenly 100 million of cap room will be hard to play together.
7/5/2022 6:34am Edited Date/Time 7/5/2022 6:35am
Crush wrote:
It’s a head scratcher for sure. Adding a facsimile of Gobert, like McGee for near min money and adding wings would have been the move. Playoffs...
It’s a head scratcher for sure. Adding a facsimile of Gobert, like McGee for near min money and adding wings would have been the move.

Playoffs come, everyone will go small, suddenly 100 million of cap room will be hard to play together.
I read something about how Connelly apparently has had a long unattended-to boner for Gobert that he is finally stroking.....but at what cost?

- four 1st round picks
- a defensive madman
- and your 1 man hype squad who incidentally can shoot and defend

That's the cost.....ridiculous.
Crush
7/5/2022 9:07am
Uh-oh. Two or three mid signings to the Nets. Something is going down.
peelout
7/5/2022 9:25am
Utah made out pretty good on that one. sad to see him go, but it was either him or Mitchell and i feel like Mitchell has the higher ceiling
G-man
7/5/2022 12:05pm
peelout wrote:
Utah made out pretty good on that one. sad to see him go, but it was either him or Mitchell and i feel like Mitchell has...
Utah made out pretty good on that one. sad to see him go, but it was either him or Mitchell and i feel like Mitchell has the higher ceiling
Yes that was the correct move.
If Utah somehow ends up with Ayton I'm gonna be pissed cause I have a feeling he'll turn into the superstar we all thought he would be.....AngryUnsure
Crush
7/5/2022 6:44pm
peelout wrote:
Utah made out pretty good on that one. sad to see him go, but it was either him or Mitchell and i feel like Mitchell has...
It's pretty crazy how high your team offense and defense rankings were and they couldn't adapt.

Really think Gobert copped an unfair amount of the blame... we will see.
ns503
7/6/2022 2:50am
Been reading that the Raptors are #2 in the 'where will KD land' rankings.

Umm, heck no.
APLMAN99
7/6/2022 7:57am
I had really hoped that Durant would show a little loyalty to the Nets after they paid him an ungodly sum of money knowing that he was going to sit out the entire first season of his contract. If he's played his last game as a Net, he will have played in 90 regular season games and made just under $120M for those. Just about $1.3M per game as a Net. Kyrie has 103 regular season games as a Net with just about $99M in salary paid, so he's just under a million per game ($960K).

The NBA salary structure doesn't seem too sustainable at that rate for some of these players.........

I wish the Nets would have stuck with their program with Kenny Atkinson and developing players instead of bringing in those 2, 3 if you count the Jordan deal in it too.
Crush
7/6/2022 10:50am
The new TV deal is going to blow the cap up too... crazy how much money there is going about.
G-man
7/19/2022 10:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2022 11:19pm
Well it turns out by not paying Ayton the MAX 170 MILLION 5 years was the right move.

Indiana offered him 4 years at a 133 million and the Suns matched it as he was a restricted free agent saving $37 Mil and a year.

Bummed about losing McGhee, he said at this point in his career he could not wait around for the Suns to make decisions on players, cant say I blame him one bit. Hated seeing him go to Dallas.

This actually lessens the chance of getting Durant although some people think it's still going to happen as PHX is where he wants to go.
I just hope not cause I do not want to gut the team for him. What a mess in Brooklyn if he stays--never did like the guy.

But what is going on in Utah Peely, first Gobert and now Mitchell is on the trading block!!!!
WTF is Ainge up to?

Crush
7/20/2022 7:10am
Will be interesting to see how it plays out Gary, because if I was Ayton, they just found a way to pay me but not pay me.

They literally saved like 9mil by not signing him to a 4 year max as it was and then whatever they saved for not signing a 5 year deal... For a dude that was accused of quitting on the team and was pissed he wasn't getting the ball as people are saying it is all pointing to a divorce despite the paperwork
G-man
7/20/2022 7:42am Edited Date/Time 7/20/2022 7:49am
I don't think so Crush, PHX is where he was raised and his Mom has a home here.
When he didn't get the 5 yr MAX before the start of last season he never pouted or even talked about it, he carried on and played like a professional even though he does lack maturity in some areas but he is only 23.

The potential ceiling is high for him his talent and physique is very Hakeem Olajuwon--like if he would just buckle down and remain 100% focused. He's almost too nice of a guy and does not have a mean bone in this body and I honestly think that's part of the problem.
He needs to get mean and nasty like some of the dominant centers in the league

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34264981/deandre-ayton-happy-resolu…

While I have not been 100% satisfied with his inconsistent play at times I did not want to lose him.

Who would have been a good replacement?
APLMAN99
9/4/2022 6:55pm
So Durant has ‘withdrawn’ his trade demands, and Nash is still the head coach. Is this a rare occasion of a team not backing down from a superstar player?

Do the Nets finally have the group they had hoped for 3 years ago? Simmons could be a better fit there than Harden was, and if Harris fully recovers from the ankle issue then I think that the title finally comes home to Brooklyn.
ns503
9/5/2022 3:36am
Itching to see how our young guys do this year.
G-man
9/16/2022 4:32pm
skeef wrote:
Suns WoohooSidewaysGrinningSillyWhistlingTongueWinkCoolLaughingShockedWoohooGrinning
Are you a Suns fan or a hater skeef?
G-man
9/22/2022 9:08am Edited Date/Time 9/22/2022 9:10am
Well it's official Sarver is selling the team from stuff he said in the past dug up in the Witchhunt.
Just like what happened to John Gruden, Daniel Snyder and others who have said things in the past before the WOKE pussies took over. Whistling

While the team has had many Ups and Downs with Robert Sarver, the last few years I thought he was starting to come around by having the arena redone, paying some big salary players, building a state of the art practice facility and letting the Basketball people handle things.

I'm glad he did this soon as we didn't need it hanging over the season although it could take some time to find a new majority owner.

I believe he bought it from the Great Jerry Colangelo who is missed dearly for 20 Million.
It's now worth 1.9 Billion so we shall see.
One bummer is we need one more player so it could jack that up....

Meanwhile Laughing

peelout
9/22/2022 12:19pm
Utah Jazz completely imploding, going to be a long season for us
whyZ
9/22/2022 1:19pm
***Breaking News***

Victory in Phoenix. Robert Sarver has been compelled to relinquish his position as majority owner of the Phx.Suns & WNBA Mercury. The league has spent the last eight months, and millions of dollars investigating the allegations leveled against Saver, and a conclusion has finally been reached. Whatever the league’s commissioner or governing body has decreed as penalty for Sarver holds no applicability or relevance to the matter.

People not related to either team, nor has been affected by any of the accusations brought forth against Sarver, and has spent many hours not participating or engaged in the investigation has diligently devised a more credible supposition. Sarver is a racist. Their findings also conclude it's irrevocable. Correspondents sent to Sarver’s plantation have still not received comments from Sarver or people owned by him.

Post a reply to: NBA 2022-23

The Latest