My gun of the month

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
Edited Date/Time 4/12/2020 10:33am
I try to buy at least one gun a month and here is my newest purchase a S&M MP shield 9mm with performance center mods. Put a hundred rounds through it and ZERO problems and I really like how thin it is, great to conceal carry.
Wink

|
newmann
1/24/2017 1:30pm
A gun a month...lol. And I thought I was developing a disease there for a while. My problem was my tastes in guns kept going up with each purchase. I'll have nearly a year to think about my M16 purchase while the paperwork gets processed and don't think I'll be buying anything else gun related for a while. That full auto stuff ranks right up there with buying works bikes. Best part about it though is that not much else appeals to you when you get your "grail" gun...or bike. Saves you a small fortune in future purchases!Laughing
huck
1/24/2017 1:46pm
newmann wrote:
A gun a month...lol. And I thought I was developing a disease there for a while. My problem was my tastes in guns kept going up...
A gun a month...lol. And I thought I was developing a disease there for a while. My problem was my tastes in guns kept going up with each purchase. I'll have nearly a year to think about my M16 purchase while the paperwork gets processed and don't think I'll be buying anything else gun related for a while. That full auto stuff ranks right up there with buying works bikes. Best part about it though is that not much else appeals to you when you get your "grail" gun...or bike. Saves you a small fortune in future purchases!Laughing
Until you start buying ammo....
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/24/2017 2:18pm
So Newmann, you and the other aficionados will have to educate me.... how can you buy an M16? I always thought full-auto weapons were illegal to own... some federal law BS or something like that.

Then again, I live in California, so I might be conditioned to believe something different than actual fact. I probably shouldn't have typed "M16" while on the internet.... Whistling
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/24/2017 2:21pm
Every time I go to Walmart I buy a 100 round box of ammo, .223 .45, 9mm Grinning I go to Walmart for a steak and potatoes and come home with steak potatoes and 100 rounds of .223 Pinch

The Shop

lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/24/2017 2:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2017 2:25pm
Falcon wrote:
So Newmann, you and the other aficionados will have to educate me.... how can you buy an M16? I always thought full-auto weapons were illegal to...
So Newmann, you and the other aficionados will have to educate me.... how can you buy an M16? I always thought full-auto weapons were illegal to own... some federal law BS or something like that.

Then again, I live in California, so I might be conditioned to believe something different than actual fact. I probably shouldn't have typed "M16" while on the internet.... Whistling
If you are a law abiding citizen you can own a full auto you just need to buy the tax stamp and be patient because the paperwork can take a year.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-for-a-normal-citizen-to-buy-a-militar…
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/24/2017 2:29pm
newmann wrote:
A gun a month...lol. And I thought I was developing a disease there for a while. My problem was my tastes in guns kept going up...
I get carried away but I don't have real expensive taste and even though I can talk myself into anything I can also talk myself out of it too. I was hell bent I getting a MP5 full auto at one time just could not make myself do it. Cool I did get a GSG5 that Huck suggest and have the look and feel of a MP5 without the cost.
mattmatt300
1/24/2017 2:43pm
Gun a month sounds great. I never could fall in love with the Shield. Glock 43 is my go to carry gun.
newmann
1/24/2017 2:51pm
Falcon wrote:
So Newmann, you and the other aficionados will have to educate me.... how can you buy an M16? I always thought full-auto weapons were illegal to...

Well, you are in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornia so M16 doesn't pertain to you.Laughing For those of us in non communist controlled states a $200.00 check to the BATF for the tax stamp, about 100 pages of forms in triplicate going to the BATF and local police department now along with duplicate fingerprint cards for everyone on my NFA Trust.

Full auto machine guns had to be registered and pretty much banned back in 1986 so anything after that would be considered "non transferrable" unless you have a specific license. Those dealer samples as they are referred to sell for a fraction than a transferrable machine gun.

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
1/24/2017 2:52pm
Falcon wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
If you are a law abiding citizen you can own a full auto you just need to buy the tax stamp and be patient because the...
If you are a law abiding citizen you can own a full auto you just need to buy the tax stamp and be patient because the paperwork can take a year.

https://www.quora.com/Is-it-legal-for-a-normal-citizen-to-buy-a-militar…
Proper. Cool
1/24/2017 3:15pm
Looking forward to a vid and pics when you get your hands on that newmann.
JAFO92
1/24/2017 3:39pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I try to buy at least one gun a month and here is my newest purchase a S&M MP shield 9mm with performance center mods. Put...
I try to buy at least one gun a month and here is my newest purchase a S&M MP shield 9mm with performance center mods. Put a hundred rounds through it and ZERO problems and I really like how thin it is, great to conceal carry.
Wink

I have same model and caliber, the one without a safety. By far my favorite pistol and I have MANY.

Dont let the big bore idiots tell you that 9mm isnt the shit. With the rounds I have it will cut a hole thru a person big enough for a tennis ball.
JRT812
1/24/2017 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 1/24/2017 5:20pm
Glock man myself, but congrats on the shield! Enjoyed shooting it when I had one for a brief time.

For the others full auto costs bank, but congrats to Newmann and others who have crossed into that area!
agn5009
1/24/2017 6:35pm
I love the shield. It's a great gun and very accurate for a smaller barrel. I've had mine for 2 years now, shot thousands of rounds and I've never had a single problem.
newmann
1/24/2017 6:39pm
newmann wrote:
huck wrote:
Until you start buying ammo....
I've been stocking up on ammo the past several years. Anytime I saw a price drop I would grab a case or two. Considering the current political climate for the next 8 years, maybe the prices will continue to drop and some of that milsurp ammo will hit the market again. Would love to buy 20,000 rounds of 308 for 9 cents per round like the "good old days".
captmoto
1/24/2017 8:58pm
So how does it shoot with the ported barrel. I really like my Shield, it will be my main CCW gun. Wish I had waited until that came out.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/24/2017 10:10pm
captmoto wrote:
So how does it shoot with the ported barrel. I really like my Shield, it will be my main CCW gun. Wish I had waited until...
So how does it shoot with the ported barrel. I really like my Shield, it will be my main CCW gun. Wish I had waited until that came out.
I shot my brothers non ported shield 9mm and to tell the truth I didn't feel any difference in recoil or muzzle lift but I did not shoot them back to back and it had been several months after I shot his that I got mine. The one thing I really liked about the performance center mods over the standard are the fiber optic night sites and even the trigger mod I could tell no difference. I think the standard model shoots every bit as nice as the performance center one.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/24/2017 10:13pm
JAFO92 wrote:
I have same model and caliber, the one without a safety. By far my favorite pistol and I have MANY. Dont let the big bore idiots...
I have same model and caliber, the one without a safety. By far my favorite pistol and I have MANY.

Dont let the big bore idiots tell you that 9mm isnt the shit. With the rounds I have it will cut a hole thru a person big enough for a tennis ball.
I agree, I also carry a XD45c and a Para compaction .45, but I love the Shield and it will be my new primary carry gun.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/24/2017 10:17pm
Gun a month sounds great. I never could fall in love with the Shield. Glock 43 is my go to carry gun.
I have a couple Glocks also and take 3 or 4 different pistols and a couple rifles and shot guns when I make my weekly trip to the gun club. Guns are the one thing I buy that I don't really have a brand loyalty to.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
1/24/2017 11:09pm
lostboy819 wrote:
I try to buy at least one gun a month and here is my newest purchase a S&M MP shield 9mm with performance center mods. Put...
Wink

Nice! Why the gun a month? There must be some logic behind it.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/25/2017 12:01am
imoto34 wrote:
Nice! Why the gun a month? There must be some logic behind it.
Because a gun every two weeks was gonna get me a DIVORCE. Wink
1/25/2017 11:14am
lostboy819 wrote:
ha.

I read somewhere that the number of Americans who own guns has gone down, but the number of guns each owner has went up.
No idea how they figured that out, but I'm sure someone will come along with the "alternative facts" comment.
early
Fantasy
2212th
1/27/2017 8:33pm
lostboy819 wrote:
Wink

I bought the standard m&p 9mm about 2 months ago, have about 400 rounds thru it so far. Ive had a handful of casing jams on it so far, but i think it has to do with tbe cheap ammo i was using . I really like the way it handles, shoots fairly accurate. Takedown is super easy.
newmann
1/28/2017 6:52am
lostboy819 wrote:
ha. I read somewhere that the number of Americans who own guns has gone down, but the number of guns each owner has went up. No...
ha.

I read somewhere that the number of Americans who own guns has gone down, but the number of guns each owner has went up.
No idea how they figured that out, but I'm sure someone will come along with the "alternative facts" comment.
Some people went from owning a handful to owning fifty or more in just the past few years. Not naming names or anything.Laughing
JRT812
1/28/2017 6:55am

Dads new gun. M&P Performance
JRT812
1/28/2017 10:20am
Yeah I thought so too. Heck of a deal on it. Walked out a little over 375
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/28/2017 10:28am
lostboy819 wrote:
ha. I read somewhere that the number of Americans who own guns has gone down, but the number of guns each owner has went up. No...
ha.

I use to trade and sell some of my guns to get new or different guns but now I keep them all and just add to the collection. I also collect switchblades which they may finally make legal again in Colorado.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
1/28/2017 10:42am
Next months gun is either a Glock 22 gen 4 or a Ruger SR 1911 lightweight commander. Was thinking about a new over under shotgun but that will wait.

Mini Elsinore
1/28/2017 11:05am
Wilson Arms. Damn good boys from Arkansas.
Build it to your specs.... Cool
JRT812
1/28/2017 11:35am
lostboy819 wrote:
Next months gun is either a Glock 22 gen 4 or a Ruger SR 1911 lightweight commander. Was thinking about a new over under shotgun but...
Next months gun is either a Glock 22 gen 4 or a Ruger SR 1911 lightweight commander. Was thinking about a new over under shotgun but that will wait.

I will live through you and if you need/want monthly suggestions I am here. Glock 22 for next month. Ed brown 1911 the month after. Thank you!

Post a reply to: My gun of the month

The Latest