My brother's and sister's in FL......Hurricane Michael.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/10/2018 1:48 PM

Stay safe down there you guys. Watching some of the live coverage on this storm , and winds getting up to 155mph. Sounds like a really bad and powerful one. Stay safe down there!!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

10/10/2018 2:21 PM

Looks like its also hitting GA hard, i hope Kevin, David and Brian, our DMXS brothers are safe!!

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

10/10/2018 4:12 PM

ocscottie wrote:

Looks like its also hitting GA hard, i hope Kevin, David and Brian, our DMXS brothers are safe!!

Gawd dang Scottie....I was watching a live feed from CBS , when the news crew ran inside a big motel building. They were filming out of the front door under a sheltered garage that was designed to take force 4 hurricanes.......the whole front of the garage collapsed during the broadcast. Definitely a holy shit moment!

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Ezza is Da man!

10/11/2018 5:52 AM

Man that one escalated in a hurry it seems. At the start of the week it sounded like it was going to be a little bit more 'routine' of a storm for them, but then it intensified a whole lot. I really feel for those that have lost so much. Hopefully the news is overplaying it, but my gut feeling is that the destruction is actually worse than they currently know and far worse than I can comprehend from way up here in the opposite corner of the country.

|

10/11/2018 6:14 AM

My parents have a place in Sarasota for the winter ,I think it just missed them.

|

10/11/2018 6:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/11/2018 6:56 AM

I hope everyone affected is back to normal in short order and can get cleaned up as fast as possible. These storms take a lot out of you. I am so far from the impact but overwhelmed by the amount of people concerned with us. Thank you.
It was knee deep at my beach houses on Sanibel. Luckily no real damage and my renters from Arkansas didnt seem to mind because its the number one shelling spot in the world and after storms is the best shelling.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

10/11/2018 9:27 AM

FLmxer wrote:

I hope everyone affected is back to normal in short order and can get cleaned up as fast as possible. These storms take a lot ...more

I'm glad to hear you guys are ok down there. Just as of last night , they estimated the damage to about 17 billion dollars. Some of the news footage was looking like a war zone on top of all the flooding. I haven't had the chance to watch anything on it this morning yet , so maybe we'll have a better overall picture of what happened. Like Aplman said above....this storm kind of came out of nowhere. Just looked like a normal storm coming in about 4 days ago , and it just kept getting stronger and stronger before it hit land. They mentioned that it was pretty uncommon the way it kept gaining strength while coming inland , compared to most other's which lose power when they start to get closer to land. Stay safe dude!

|

Ezza is Da man!

10/11/2018 3:00 PM

Man , this was a really bad one. I guess Mexico beech is basically no more. Almost every building / house was either ripped off it's foundation's by the wind , or washed away from an 8' surge of water. The damage video's I have watched so far today , it literally looks like a tornado went through there. Florida is going to need a lot of help after this one!

|

Ezza is Da man!

10/11/2018 6:06 PM

Lot of the meteorologist are thinking it was a cat 5 at land fall. The catastrophic damage certainly supports that.

|

10/11/2018 7:20 PM

We've had some bad ones here over the past 13 years. Rita in 05 brought major destruction with the wind. Ike in 08 wiped out the coast with the tidal surge and Harvey's 60 inches of rain brought major flooding from above. I'd say that Florida got a healthy dose of all of those.

One thing that was always a constant was that the faith based charities always seemed to be the first to arrive and the last to leave while the Red Cross always seems to piss a lot of people off. When people are trying to get their houses and lives back in order, the food, water and ice stations they set up around town are an absolute blessing. Having money doesn't help when no stores or businesses are open to take it.

|

10/11/2018 8:55 PM

Matthew came off the Horn of Africa and proceeded to stalk it’s prey like a killer turtle. 4-7 mph across the Atlantic so it took many days to reach us. The anxiety and dread was almost as bad as the destruction some folks would recount.

Michael came out of the Caribbean and with relatively brief notice wrecked havoc on it’s land strike. A once in a lifetime game changer for those in it’s path. Sustained tornado force winds that knocked rail cars off of train tracks.

Crazy, huh?

|

10/11/2018 9:06 PM

newmann wrote:

We've had some bad ones here over the past 13 years. Rita in 05 brought major destruction with the wind. Ike in 08 wiped out ...more

Donations, bottled water, and chainsaw blades. It’s insane how fast palm trees dull chainsaw blades and weaken the arms of the chainsaw operator.

|

10/12/2018 3:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2018 3:38 AM

I live in Panama City, the devastation is everywhere and it is massive. We are being told 1-2 months to restore power and water. I'm at a loss for words...

|

10/12/2018 3:56 AM

navalseabee wrote:

I live in Panama City, the devastation is everywhere and it is massive. We are being told 1-2 months to restore power and ...more

How is your personal situation? House and vehicles? Access to a generator to keep a window a/c and fridge going?

|

10/12/2018 4:38 AM

navalseabee wrote:

I live in Panama City, the devastation is everywhere and it is massive. We are being told 1-2 months to restore power and ...more

newmann wrote:

How is your personal situation? House and vehicles? Access to a generator to keep a window a/c and fridge going?

We are extremely fortunate, our home and personal property sustained very little damage compared to the rest of our neighborhood. We had provisions to last 4-5 days, but given the bleak outlook for the towns infrastructure we decided to give away our water and fuel to neighbors and leave town. We are currently staying with a friend for the foreseeable future.

|

10/12/2018 10:41 AM

navalseabee wrote:

newmann wrote:

navalseabee wrote:

We are extremely fortunate, our home and personal property sustained very little damage compared to the rest of our ...more

Geez man , I wish you guy's the best down there. After what I've seen on TV , I couldn't imagine having to go through that. These real bad one's seem to be more frequent these past 10 years or so , then what I remember in my earlier year's. Take care of yourself and your family down there!

|

Ezza is Da man!