My Girl has cancer....😢

Related:
Create New Tag

5/23/2020 10:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2020 10:04 AM

Girlfriend Has been having some intestinal abdominal pain for about 3 months she hesitated going to the Dr when the virus hit.

Finally I drove to the doctor on the way home from work and got inside and made an appointment as she could not get through on the phone.
She recently had a colonoscopy done and
she has been diagnosed with colon cancer 3.2 cm (3cm = 1 in) and unfortunately after more testing it spread to the liver 2cm so they postponed the surgery on the colon and will start chemo treatments for 3 months to shrink it down and then try to remove both.

We met with a naturalpathic doctor from one of her friends yesterday, he seems pretty knowledgeable and we will take his advice so that the chemo does not beat her up too bad and hopefully she can battle this cancer.....

Her surgeon told her "don't worry this is curable". This was good to hear as I had made the mistake of going online and reading grim info.... sad

She always has a positive outlook on life and has been my rock for years and encouraged me when I've been down.

She is taking it better than me so I have to be strong for her but meeting the naturalpathic Dr gave me some confidence, gonna be a long hard road.

Mom passed away 3 weeks ago, with no family around, they are having layoffs at work at a good job I recently got 3 months ago and now this.....

Not sure how much more I can take.

|

5/23/2020 10:35 AM

Damn, Sorry to hear that. Got to believe that everything will be all right.

|

5/23/2020 10:36 AM

G-man , 1st off , you will get through this. 2nd I am really sorry to hear about your mom passing away. I lost mine in 2002 and still think about her all the time. And 3rd , support your gal the best you can. She sounds like a strong woman that is up to the challenge of this , and will most definitely be ok. Keep your chin up dude! Everything will get better in time.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

5/23/2020 10:42 AM

Your doctor saying this is curable is good news.
My wife did the same thing when she was sick( cancer) and went online. Most online sources she looked at were nothing but horrifying for her.
I’m sorry to hear you and your girlfriend are going through this. I say you and your girlfriend because it’s tough on both of you. Just be supportive of her. She’ll need you more then ever now.
It’s also saddening to hear about your mom. I guess we have something in common. When it rains it pours.

The one thing I had to learn quick when my wife was sick was keeping my emotions and feelings in check to help her work through hers. I lost my grandmother (MOM) to ovarian cancer and my wife had it. It was as if history was repeating itself. Feel free to send me a PM anytime man.

|

5/23/2020 11:17 AM

I’m lifting you both up in prayer. You both will get through this and be stronger on the other side.

|

5/23/2020 11:55 AM

Sorry to hear that brother. That c word is a real b world

|

5/23/2020 12:22 PM

Prayers for the both of you !!!
Doc saying that should give you comfort but we all know it's a bandaid at best. You know the one day at a time speach so that's not going to help much.. but remember this, I don't profess to be religious, spiritual yes though. Give your worries away as best you can. Focus on what you can control and let God handle the rest. It's the only way I've made it through my darkest times. Take care of her the best you can and tell her there's a lot of good people on Vital that are praying for her.

|

5/23/2020 2:00 PM

All the best to you and your girl G-man. You've had a rough time lately, here's hoping that things make a change for the better. Good luck !

|

RIP Danny "Magoo" Chandler 1959-2010

5/23/2020 2:12 PM

Hoping for the best G-Man.

|

5/23/2020 2:14 PM

My wife lost both of her breasts to cancer about 8 or 9 years ago. I won't lie to you, it was rough, emotionally.
I will pray for you and your gal. I can honestly say that it made my wife a better person. Really focuses your mind on what is important in this life.

|

5/23/2020 2:32 PM

Sorry to hear this man. Hoping for the best for you guys. 2020 has just been the most fucked year for just about everyone I know! When it pains it roars, stay strong bud.

|

5/23/2020 2:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/23/2020 2:42 PM

G-man wrote:

Girlfriend Has been having some intestinal abdominal pain for about 3 months she hesitated going to the Dr when the virus hit.

Finally I drove to the doctor on the way home from work and got inside and made an appointment as she could not get through on the phone.
She recently had a colonoscopy done and
she has been diagnosed with colon cancer 3.2 cm (3cm = 1 in) and unfortunately after more testing it spread to the liver 2cm so they postponed the surgery on the colon and will start chemo treatments for 3 months to shrink it down and then try to remove both.

We met with a naturalpathic doctor from one of her friends yesterday, he seems pretty knowledgeable and we will take his advice so that the chemo does not beat her up too bad and hopefully she can battle this cancer.....

Her surgeon told her "don't worry this is curable". This was good to hear as I had made the mistake of going online and reading grim info.... sad

She always has a positive outlook on life and has been my rock for years and encouraged me when I've been down.

She is taking it better than me so I have to be strong for her but meeting the naturalpathic Dr gave me some confidence, gonna be a long hard road.

Mom passed away 3 weeks ago, with no family around, they are having layoffs at work at a good job I recently got 3 months ago and now this.....

Not sure how much more I can take.

G-Man; first off, Im very sorry to hear about this. I had the same happen to my Grandfather, which was a horrible awakening to me. Being your girl, it is most likely much harder on you.
I like the way you write, you are honest and real. I don’t have encouraging words, as this is something you will have to run out. Everything else is a lie, but I do like the prognosis given by the dr. What matters now is spending time together. A happy life is the «best medicine» Someone told me. And even if that could’ve been the last, you both would enjoy that time and keep it forever.
I wish the best for you both, and hope she recovers 100%
If you need to talk about it, I’m happy to do so in the DM’s

|

5/23/2020 4:05 PM

Sorry to hear this. You can get through this ordeal. I’ll keep you , your girl and your situation in my prayers.

|

5/23/2020 5:27 PM

Man that is heavy, All the best on a full and speedy recovery.

|

5/23/2020 6:29 PM

G, seems the best people get tested the hardest in life. I'm sorry you guys are going through this. We have you in our thoughts. You guys will soon be back to having fun on land and water as you do and many more posts of the adventures you share that are always a great read.

|

I don't have to be as smart as you hope to be some day anymore. wink

5/23/2020 7:16 PM

Praying for an uneventful, speedy recovery, and I hope the cheno doesn't beat her up too badly.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

5/23/2020 7:42 PM

Sorry to read mate. Sending positive healing vibes, be strong!

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5/23/2020 7:49 PM

Dammit, sending positive vibes your way!

|

5/23/2020 8:08 PM

Sorry to hear the news. I lost my 33 yr old brother last summer to a very rare cancer that came out of nowhere to an otherwise normal and healthy 33 yr old man who did everything right in life.
Life isn't fair sometimes but stay positive and have faith in her doctors abilities and positivity. Sounds like she should make it out alright.

|

5/23/2020 9:05 PM

Damn G, the hits seem to just keep coming your way, hang tough brother and sending all my thoughts and prayers to ya both 🙏

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/23/2020 10:39 PM

Really appreciate all the love and support guys.

One of my managers from a long time ago who is a good friend once told me "if you find a girl who likes to ride as much as you, keep her...."

Jan is that Woman.
She has taught me so much on how to be positive no matter what is going on around you. She is actually more concerned about me then herself and that has ALWAYS been her M.O.

Been doing my best to stay strong, encouraging and have fun around her.
We broke out the croquet set today And last week we got to go for a street bike ride up to the Lake, it was a quagmire but we still had fun and scored a good spot.

When I first got the news, if I felt like I was going to break down or need to talk to someone I went out to the shop.
I do not want her to see me cry....😢

This picture was taken at an old infamous mining town on a steep hillside with a lot of Arizona history--Jerome. cool

We had a great sport tour ride and spent the night in Prescott. I pray and hope to be able to do it again.....

Photo

|

5/23/2020 10:47 PM

I think what really scares me is after losing my good friend Don not even a year ago and seeing what he went through, what the chemo and cancer did to him, there is no way I want Jan to go through that.

|

5/24/2020 12:20 AM

Wishing Jan all the best and that she beats it!

|

5/24/2020 1:25 AM

Keep us updated, prayers to you guys for strength and healing

|

5/24/2020 4:46 AM

Best wishes!! Lost a family member couple years ago under similair circumstances.. hoping for good outcome and healing!

|

5/24/2020 6:28 AM

Prayers for Jan and yourself, Gary.

|

I remain unperturbed by the joy and the madness, I encounter everywhere I turn.........

5/24/2020 6:41 AM

2020 has been a disaster from the get go on so many levels. Has hit hard in my life, and I now read about things like this way too often in so many others.

All the best for you.

|

HAF

5/24/2020 7:37 AM

Lost my Mom to breast cancer 9 years ago at 65 after a 3-year battle. My sister-in-law got it at 45 (about 5 years ago) and is cancer free today.

If I could compare their two approaches, my sister-in-law was much more aggressive early and throughout the battle. Starting with noticing a lump (and gong to a Dr. about it)i diagnosis, surgeries, and chemo.

Wishing you and your girlfriend the best on this journey. It's a team effort that you both will conquer.

|

5/24/2020 8:18 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/24/2020 8:19 AM

So sorry to hear about this G man. This is a very curable cancer and she can beat this....as hard as it is to do try your best to stay positive. Prayers are with you and your lovely girlfriend

|

5/24/2020 9:53 AM

Very sad to read, bastid word!!!

Sending positive vibes to you both, please stay strong for her as she will need you even more soon.

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade