My Cancer -vs- The Virus "UPDATED" Hopefully for the last time!

Nighttrain
5/8/2020 11:12pm
Hey Mike, wish you still lived down the street. My brother gave me an old Honda that needs some care.

AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
5/10/2020 9:03pm
Nighttrain wrote:
Hey Mike, wish you still lived down the street. My brother gave me an old Honda that needs some care. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2020/05/08/426057/s1200_8BB5A0A8_883D_42D2_B7B8_0CC75464A001.jpg[/img]
Hey Mike, wish you still lived down the street. My brother gave me an old Honda that needs some care.

Dang Rick! That is a sweet 350 four cylinder Honda. I would love to work on that. Looks really original and not messed with.

Those Fours run like a singer sewing machine. Great sound with the four-into-one exhaust as well.

That's a keeper! Get her in good shape and you will have people stopping you to buy it! Enjoy bro! Wish I still lived on 32nd on Isle of Palms just for these types of moments.

p.s. Don't let Andy on it. Ever. Lol.
Nighttrain
5/12/2020 5:41pm
Thanks for the wise advice, Mike. I don’t drive Andy’s boat when we fish and he doesn’t ride the CB550.

How are you feeling today?
jeffro503
5/12/2020 7:45pm
Just checking in here. Mike , it sounds like you're on the mend. I know this is a whole new experience for you , and the way you seem to be handling it , is to be commended. Thanks for giving us the updates , and please stay strong man!! More people here fighting for you than you know.

The Shop

5/12/2020 10:10pm
Yea for sure. You are you’re own best advocate! If you’re not gellin well with your PCP for whatever reason, you can try another. Also there’s a line. You don’t wanna be that guy that just harasses your pcp because you want to self diagnose with webmd. It’s important to Discuss expectations and what your plan of care goals are. There are lot of great people in primary care that want to do what’s best for you. It’s a fine succinct balance between interaction and actual time. Be on time. Keep a log, write questions in that log and be clear when you’re in the office. Makes your life easier and the diagnosing PCP life easier as well! ( Seems like common sense doesn’t it ? )
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
5/14/2020 9:57am
jeffro503 wrote:
Just checking in here. Mike , it sounds like you're on the mend. I know this is a whole new experience for you , and the...
Just checking in here. Mike , it sounds like you're on the mend. I know this is a whole new experience for you , and the way you seem to be handling it , is to be commended. Thanks for giving us the updates , and please stay strong man!! More people here fighting for you than you know.
Thanks Jeffro. Appreciate the concern you and others have posted.

I am on the mend and each day gets better. The ultrasound was negative for blood clots so that was a relief. Doc said the swelling may continue for 6 weeks or more so am still wearing compression socks during the day and trying to keep them elevated as much as possible. Abdominal incisions are still healing well but I am still restricted on lifting anything more than 10 pounds for the next 4 weeks. Fortunately, a can of beer is under that limit. lol

To Nighttrain/Rick - I looked closer at your bike and do see that it is a CB550K. 1976 model if I am not mistaken. Other than the header on it, it looks very original. Great cruiser for you to run up and down the beach road.
Nighttrain
5/14/2020 3:53pm
AHRMA361 wrote:
Thanks Jeffro. Appreciate the concern you and others have posted. I am on the mend and each day gets better. The ultrasound was negative for blood...

I am on the mend and each day gets better. The ultrasound was negative for blood clots so that was a relief. Doc said the swelling may continue for 6 weeks or more so am still wearing compression socks during the day and trying to keep them elevated as much as possible. Abdominal incisions are still healing well but I am still restricted on lifting anything more than 10 pounds for the next 4 weeks. Fortunately, a can of beer is under that limit. lol

To Nighttrain/Rick - I looked closer at your bike and do see that it is a CB550K. 1976 model if I am not mistaken. Other than the header on it, it looks very original. Great cruiser for you to run up and down the beach road.
That’s good news, Mike. Sounds like steady progress. Pack your family up and come back down even if it’s just for a vacation. The Warden finally went back to work and it’s for a vacation rental business.

You know your road bikes. 1976 CB550K Four. I’m trying to find original headers and exhaust to restore it to it’s production form. You can show me how to ride pavement in coastal crosswinds on the IOP Connector without p*ssing my pants.
Gworm
5/15/2020 6:46pm
For some reason I hadn’t opened this thread till now. I pray your recover goes well.

I am one of those that just put off tests like this. Sometimes thinking what I don’t know won’t hurt me. But also it’s fear of losing my livelihood. That is a foolish thing to do.

Ive got a lot of respect for you for sharing your story. Thank you!
jeffro503
5/15/2020 7:32pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Just checking in here. Mike , it sounds like you're on the mend. I know this is a whole new experience for you , and the...
AHRMA361 wrote:
Thanks Jeffro. Appreciate the concern you and others have posted. I am on the mend and each day gets better. The ultrasound was negative for blood...

Haha , right on Mike! As long as those beers don't affect any kind of meds you may be on , the 12oz curls can do wonders at times. I spent 3 hrs in a dental chair on Wednesday , and my jaw still aches , so I'm doing the 12oz therapy myself tonight. I actually could do without the beers , but damn it , it's Friday and I don't care.
Nighttrain
8/1/2020 7:19pm
Hey Mike, it’s been a bit. How are you doing? I’m hoping you’re on the mend with good news.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
8/2/2020 2:55pm
Nighttrain wrote:
Hey Mike, it’s been a bit. How are you doing? I’m hoping you’re on the mend with good news.
Hi Rick. Thanks for asking.

I feel good for the most part. Still dealing with the lymphedema issue on and off in my ankles and feet. I have my first follow up tests on the 27th of this month to see what my numbers are. Crossing my fingers it will be good news.

I need some good news, I got axed from my job last month as the company is moving my business back down to Charleston and me nor my employees were invited! At least it's summer!

Hope you, the Warden and the kids are doing well on 32nd Ave!
G-man
8/2/2020 3:10pm
Thanks for the update Mike, sorry to hear about the job.... Sad

My Girl has been having pains and the Chemo is making her really tired.
She has to be careful what, when and the amount of what she eats.

They canceled her last chemo treatment on Tuesday to do a CT scan nothing came out unusual but the tumors have remained the same size she will be back on schedule Tuesday for chemo session number 4 of 12.

It's going to be a long road, really sucks.

Hope your numbers are good.
rongi#401
8/2/2020 10:50pm
Hopeing for the best for you guys, bummer about the job but silver lining, you need all the rest you can get and it could help to be able to fully relax and let your body fight to its full ability
Nighttrain
8/3/2020 4:50pm
I hope you stay on track to heal completely and free of cancer, Mike. As far as the job goes you’ve a lot of professional skills so it’s likely a better gig is in your near future.
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
8/5/2020 6:39pm
Hey Gary I really hope your girl feels better soon. Chemo is tough. All my best to you guys.

Thanks rongi, it's my first time in 40 years I don't have a job. Still adjusting to the new status. The wife doesn't want me to like it too much. Laughing

Yo Rick! How is the CB550 doing? Did you get much out of that Hurricane that I can't pronounce the name of? Don't miss living on the island when that shit blows through.

Appreciate that GP740, with my newly "not working" status I have at least got to watch all the LL coverage I care to online! Dirtbike Davey Jones reppin NE Ohio well today in+50 and got a nice shoutout from Weege during the race as a former LL champ from Cleveland. Zaremba finally got a start in 450B today and was top ten until the last lap and fell to 12th I think.
Nighttrain
8/5/2020 8:47pm
Hey Mike, it’s good to see you posting. That weird named hurricane didn’t hit us and bounced north. My younger son surfed non-stop as the waves were outstanding for several days. The CB550 is running great almost all the time. The throttle cable snapped when I was pulling out of Harris Teeter‘s 2 weeks ago and I had to push it home in the afternoon heat. That’s when I remembered it’s a 44 yr old machine. Maybe I should check the brakes sometime soon?
AHRMA361
Fantasy
180th
10/5/2020 8:24pm
Hey guy's, just wanted to put a bow on this thread. I had my follow up bloodwork done recently and was relieved to hear from my Doc's that so far I am now cancer-free. It was a tough decision to make to have the surgery but I am glad that my situation is positive.

I will be re-tested every 3 months to monitor my status.

Thanks to everyone that followed this thread and to all that expressed support and for the kind words. Much appreciated my moto-bros.

And, yeah, F@#k CANCER!
G-man
10/5/2020 8:33pm
Oh man this is the best news I've heard in a long time!

Congratulations Mike! Smile
Deja New
10/6/2020 1:07am
Best news I’ve read all day!!!! Good for you showing that cancer where it can fucking go.....
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
10/6/2020 8:22am
Here's to your continued health. Smile
Nighttrain
10/6/2020 9:08am
That’s great news, Mike. Come on down to IOP when you can and we’ll celebrate appropriately with Andy.
TXDirt
10/6/2020 1:47pm
Great to hear and congrats!!!
elsinore
10/8/2020 6:18pm
Awesome news man, so happy for you! My wife beat a rare form of breast cancer 6 years ago ... and has a full head of hair now that looks lovely. Hope you live it like you stole it my fellow moto monkey!
motoman617
12/27/2020 4:17pm
I followed this thread from the start and kept and eye on the progress. I have had 4 kidney stones over the years and also a few years ago was diagnosed with BPH. I normally have yearly checkups with a urologist along with my yearly physical. I had my physical in November and my blood work showed a elevated PSA score. Mine has gone up a little each year and my Urologist was never very concerned. This year my PSA is at 7.7 so my regular doc suggested going back to the urologist. When I tried contacting my urologist whom I have used for 30 + years his number was no longer in service ( I later found out he retired).

So I found a new urologist and had my appointment last week. I took my PSA scores going back the last 7 years. He took all that and my history and after the exam suggested a biopsy of the prostate. He said he felt irregularities in the prostate and felt with the increasing PSA score and with the exam a biopsy would give them more to go on. He said it could be nothing but the biopsy would give them a little more information to go off of.

So I have my biopsy scheduled for Jan 5. Can honestly say it has me freaked out a little but also trying to remain calm. Hopefully everything will come back negative and Everything is ok. 🤞

I remembered this thread and came back to read it again. Also as said earlier in this thread do not put off getting your PSA checked next time you see your Doctor.
Crush
12/29/2020 2:42am
Fuck yes, that’s great news! 2020 has been a kick in the dick for many, glad you kicked back!

Post a reply to: My Cancer -vs- The Virus "UPDATED" Hopefully for the last time!

The Latest