Movie Discussion

GD2
Fantasy
815th
Edited Date/Time 6/2/2018 10:39pm
I know we already have a thread for movie trailers, but I think having a separate thread for general movie discussion is necessary (don't want the trailer thread to get flooded with text).

So yeah, anything movie related can be posted here: thoughts, news, everything else.
|
akillerwombat
12/13/2017 1:10pm
... a close friends movie is debuting opening night at Sundance this year. Pretty fucking stoked for that guy right now.

Other than that – really excited to see 'The Disaster Artist' and Dunkirk when it comes back to theaters later this year.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
12/13/2017 1:11pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2017 1:13pm
It's been pretty quiet recently as far as new releases go, but Star Wars: The Last Jedi is coming out this weekend. Looks like it's gonna be a good time, too, considering it's holding at a solid 94% (with an average rating of 8.2) on Rotten Tomatoes. It's also expected to absolutely destroy at the box office.

The excitement is real.
GD2
Fantasy
815th
12/13/2017 1:13pm Edited Date/Time 12/13/2017 1:14pm
... a close friends movie is debuting opening night at Sundance this year. Pretty fucking stoked for that guy right now. Other than that – really excited...
... a close friends movie is debuting opening night at Sundance this year. Pretty fucking stoked for that guy right now.

Other than that – really excited to see 'The Disaster Artist' and Dunkirk when it comes back to theaters later this year.
I'm actually planning on watching The Room this weekend so I can go see The Disaster Artist soon. Looking forward to it.

Pretty neat that one of your friends is debuting a movie at Sundance this year. Very exciting for him.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
12/13/2017 1:23pm
why did that cop have to such a dick to Rambo?.....if he just would of just said good morning and and left it at that...that whole town would not of gotten blown up and some lives saved...no he had to keep goin...."You know, wearing that flag on that jacket, looking the way you do, you're asking for trouble around here, friend.".."If you want some friendly advice, get a haircut and take a bath. You wouldn't get hassled so much."....what a f'n dickhead.

The Shop

motosmith
12/13/2017 2:35pm
dsmith wrote:
why did that cop have to such a dick to Rambo?.....if he just would of just said good morning and and left it at that...that whole...
why did that cop have to such a dick to Rambo?.....if he just would of just said good morning and and left it at that...that whole town would not of gotten blown up and some lives saved...no he had to keep goin...."You know, wearing that flag on that jacket, looking the way you do, you're asking for trouble around here, friend.".."If you want some friendly advice, get a haircut and take a bath. You wouldn't get hassled so much."....what a f'n dickhead.
The last person you want to fck with is Rambo.
SCR
12/13/2017 3:30pm
dsmith wrote:
why did that cop have to such a dick to Rambo?.....if he just would of just said good morning and and left it at that...that whole...

Sully
12/13/2017 3:37pm
... a close friends movie is debuting opening night at Sundance this year. Pretty fucking stoked for that guy right now. Other than that – really excited...

GD2 wrote:
I'm actually planning on watching [i]The Room[/i] this weekend so I can go see [i]The Disaster Artist[/i] soon. Looking forward to it. Pretty neat that one...
I'm actually planning on watching The Room this weekend so I can go see The Disaster Artist soon. Looking forward to it.

Pretty neat that one of your friends is debuting a movie at Sundance this year. Very exciting for him.
I think it's funny that The Disaster Artist didn't do well with test audiences, because they had a tough time believing it was a true story...

http://mashable.com/2017/12/11/the-disaster-artist-untrue/#nPda9aW2ePqQ
steed 2.0
12/13/2017 5:56pm
GD2 wrote:
It's been pretty quiet recently as far as new releases go, but [i]Star Wars: The Last Jedi[/i] is coming out this weekend. Looks like it's gonna...
It's been pretty quiet recently as far as new releases go, but Star Wars: The Last Jedi is coming out this weekend. Looks like it's gonna be a good time, too, considering it's holding at a solid 94% (with an average rating of 8.2) on Rotten Tomatoes. It's also expected to absolutely destroy at the box office.

The excitement is real.
"It's been pretty quiet recently as far as new releases go"... True and mainly family movies with the holidays.
I look forward seeing READY PLAYER ONE on the big screen in the cinema, science fiction is not really my genre but hey it's Steven Spielberg and on top of that I think it reflect the current zeitgeist...
ocscottie
12/13/2017 7:05pm
Watched this the other day. Pretty good flick with Jake Gyllenhaal about a dude who lost his legs in the Boston Marathon bombing, some parts kinda hit pretty close to home with me. Worth the watch for sure.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3881784/

You can watch it here: https://solarmoviez.ru/movie/stronger-22893.html just be sure and have adblock and practice safe surfing habits Whistling You can see almost any movie there.

https://youtu.be/I6MN0QfQx7I
kzizok
Fantasy
2034th
12/13/2017 7:28pm
FYI, “Brawl in cell block 99” will be on Amazon Prime streaming service at the end of this month.
early
Fantasy
2212th
12/14/2017 7:07am
kzizok wrote:
FYI, “Brawl in cell block 99” will be on Amazon Prime streaming service at the end of this month.
Nice, i want to watch that one.
TXDirt
12/14/2017 7:29am
What are some underrated movies?

I’ll give one.

October Sky

Great flick that never got a lot of press.
Shawn142
12/14/2017 9:45am
Ah, yea I haven't looked into reviews of the new movie yet. I like the director, his previous stuff has been really good. But I've never seen him try to fit his style into a series like this. But the one thing I did hear is it's nothing like you'd expect going in.
peelout
12/14/2017 9:51am
GD2 wrote:
It's been pretty quiet recently as far as new releases go, but [i]Star Wars: The Last Jedi[/i] is coming out this weekend. Looks like it's gonna...

The excitement is real.
heard The Last Jedi is the best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back.

i'm excited as hell to experience it. i hate the theatre though, so i may skip and wait for BluRay... or go one of the last days it's in the theatre.
peelout
12/14/2017 9:56am
watched American History X the other night... man... what a performance my Ed Norton.
TXDirt
12/14/2017 10:07am
peelout wrote:
watched American History X the other night... man... what a performance my Ed Norton.
Yeah that’s an awesome movie. Hard to believe it was released almost 20 years ago!

That curb stomp scene!!! Yikes!!
GD2
Fantasy
815th
12/14/2017 11:32am Edited Date/Time 12/14/2017 11:32am
peelout wrote:
Every time someone mentions the "Put your mouth on the curb." scene all I can think about is the sound of the dude's teeth making contact with the curb. Brutal.
ocscottie
12/14/2017 12:06pm
kzizok wrote:
Good flick, trippy role for Vince Vaughn, shows his versatility.
TeamGreen
12/17/2017 12:57pm
GD2 wrote:

The excitement is real.
The Star Wars franchise owes me an apology. They owe as all one. The last movie in this current run to Last Jedi was a "replay". It was the whole "Death Star" gig all pave again.

And...they killed off Han.
And...tried to reinvent Darth Vader.
Then there's Beach Ball 8.

Yup, I want my apology...like the kids on Southpark...they went to Mel Gibson's house and DEMANDED thier money back!Laughing
TeamGreen
12/17/2017 1:00pm
Oh...and...I almost forgot...

Tombstone
Dr. Strangelove

They're so good that they're even in my phone.
newmann
12/17/2017 2:41pm
dsmith wrote:
12/17/2017 3:21pm
peelout wrote:
Awesome movie, very underrated I think because the subject matter. One of the best performance I've seen from Ed Norton
12/17/2017 3:33pm
Not generally a fan of British Movies but if you want a gritty british flick its worth checking out Rise Of The Footsoldier, based on true events and the murders at the end happened just down the road from where I live
Nighttrain
12/17/2017 9:37pm
Watched “Logan Lucky” last night. As a lifetime fan of the Rat Pack this movie was a good watch since it’s a southern fried version of “Ocean’s Eleven”. There are a few of A-Listers cast in roles they wouldn’t normally play.
Rhino
12/17/2017 11:50pm
Lately? War Dogs. Most movies just suck anymore. I've watched that probably 4-5 times now.

Watched The Score with Ed Norton the other night.

OK, Bye Bye.
jamma10
12/18/2017 3:45am
Not generally a fan of British Movies but if you want a gritty british flick its worth checking out Rise Of The Footsoldier, based on true...
Not generally a fan of British Movies but if you want a gritty british flick its worth checking out Rise Of The Footsoldier, based on true events and the murders at the end happened just down the road from where I live
I havent seen it but always wondered what the link was between football hooligans and the Rittendon Murders?

I find the Rittendon Murders darkly fascinating btw.
12/18/2017 5:36am Edited Date/Time 12/18/2017 5:38am
Not generally a fan of British Movies but if you want a gritty british flick its worth checking out Rise Of The Footsoldier, based on true...
jamma10 wrote:
I havent seen it but always wondered what the link was between football hooligans and the Rittendon Murders?

I find the Rittendon Murders darkly fascinating btw.
It's pretty well told in the film, there are a lot of films about the subject Rise Of The Footsoldier is probably the best version.
rpoint116
12/29/2017 1:28pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2017 1:35pm
Good underrated movies:
The Peacemaker. That could have been a Bourne type of series... but better.

Rush. Great F1 flick.

Under HBO’s on demand documentaries section, there are over a hundred documentaries of which a dozen or so kick ass.
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
12/29/2017 1:33pm
I watched this 2017 movie called "mother"...freaky..

Post a reply to: Movie Discussion

The Latest