Mountain bikes

agn5009
Pretty crazy what's going on with the mountain bike market. Cant find a large hardtail 29er anywhere. People are asking more than MSRP for used on marketplace and pinkbike. Anyone know when the 2021's are coming out? I'm not picky but also not looking to spend as much on a bike as I spend on my dirt bike. Anyone selling anything??
|
DoctorJD
6/9/2020 5:43am
agn5009 wrote:
Pretty crazy what's going on with the mountain bike market. Cant find a large hardtail 29er anywhere. People are asking more than MSRP for used on...
Pretty crazy what's going on with the mountain bike market. Cant find a large hardtail 29er anywhere. People are asking more than MSRP for used on marketplace and pinkbike. Anyone know when the 2021's are coming out? I'm not picky but also not looking to spend as much on a bike as I spend on my dirt bike. Anyone selling anything??
You can barely find a new bike right now. I have a friend who is a Specialized brand ambassador and she had to "settle" for her new bike, rather than getting the one she wanted. There was a national news story (ABC) a couple of weeks ago about the shortage of bikes due to the huge surge in outdoor activities because of the whole Coronavirus deal. Every brand is dealing with a different set of circumstances, but I'm hearing October before the supply chain resumes to anything close to a sense of normalcy. And that's contingent upon the virus not flaring up again.

Wait grasshopper. When all of this blows over, and all of these fair-weathered riders lose their passion for riding (it's not as fun when it's not forbidden fruit), the market will be flooded with used bikes. I live in Georgia, and my guess is that in the next few weeks, when the temps are consistently in the 90's, and the humidity makes the air feel like a smoothie, bikes are going to start hitting the market. And then you'll get a deal.
OG725
6/9/2020 8:06am
I’m riding a 22 year old bike and I love every second of it. Then again, I’m scared to even try a new carbon monster.
JeremyK
6/9/2020 8:50am
I had planned to buy a Vitus but they are sold out of everything.
agn5009
6/9/2020 12:24pm
agn5009 wrote:
Pretty crazy what's going on with the mountain bike market. Cant find a large hardtail 29er anywhere. People are asking more than MSRP for used on...
DoctorJD wrote:
You can barely find a [i]new[/i] bike right now. I have a friend who is a Specialized brand ambassador and she had to "settle" for her...
You can barely find a new bike right now. I have a friend who is a Specialized brand ambassador and she had to "settle" for her new bike, rather than getting the one she wanted. There was a national news story (ABC) a couple of weeks ago about the shortage of bikes due to the huge surge in outdoor activities because of the whole Coronavirus deal. Every brand is dealing with a different set of circumstances, but I'm hearing October before the supply chain resumes to anything close to a sense of normalcy. And that's contingent upon the virus not flaring up again.

Wait grasshopper. When all of this blows over, and all of these fair-weathered riders lose their passion for riding (it's not as fun when it's not forbidden fruit), the market will be flooded with used bikes. I live in Georgia, and my guess is that in the next few weeks, when the temps are consistently in the 90's, and the humidity makes the air feel like a smoothie, bikes are going to start hitting the market. And then you'll get a deal.
I hope its within the next few weeks. I've been searching absolutely everywhere. Thanks for your response.

The Shop

agn5009
6/9/2020 12:25pm
JeremyK wrote:
I had planned to buy a Vitus but they are sold out of everything.
Yep. Seems like every company is sold out of everything
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
6/9/2020 12:28pm
Had no idea it was that crazy. I'll sell my Evil for 5K Silly
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
6/9/2020 1:16pm
seth505 wrote:
Had no idea it was that crazy. I'll sell my Evil for 5K Silly
Hahaha... I'll sell my Commencal for $50,000.
Well... maybe not even then.
Natester551v
6/9/2020 3:04pm
agn5009 wrote:
DoctorJD wrote:
You can barely find a [i]new[/i] bike right now. I have a friend who is a Specialized brand ambassador and she had to "settle" for her...

Very sage advice....
Crush
6/9/2020 6:05pm
MTB pricing is completely and utterly fucked.
FIREfish148
6/9/2020 6:15pm
Evil is coming out with a new wreckoning pretty soon rumor has it.

Post a reply to: Mountain bikes

The Latest