MotoGP Testing Parity

JPT
15 within a second on 5 different brands but looks like Jorge still ain't loving the Ducati.

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/motogp-buriram-test-day-3-results-2018-2/
|
Martini637
2/19/2018 8:43am
Yeah I think Jorge is missing that Yamaha. I’m not GP insider or hardcore fan (I do love watching it though) but I’m curious what makes the Ducati so tough to get dialed in? Rossi, Lorenzo, and rest his soul Nicky Hayden all seamed to have issues gelling with the bike
jgmxdad251
2/19/2018 9:39am
Martini637 wrote:
Yeah I think Jorge is missing that Yamaha. I’m not GP insider or hardcore fan (I do love watching it though) but I’m curious what makes...
Yeah I think Jorge is missing that Yamaha. I’m not GP insider or hardcore fan (I do love watching it though) but I’m curious what makes the Ducati so tough to get dialed in? Rossi, Lorenzo, and rest his soul Nicky Hayden all seamed to have issues gelling with the bike
Hayden and Dovi ran pretty much the same lap times Hayden's last year there. The Ducati started making major progression the year he left. Dovi has it figured out, hopefully Lorenzo will soon too. Should make the championship that much more exciting.
jgmxdad251
2/19/2018 9:48am
The frame is so different from the other frames. Power was never a problem but I think the major complaint is front end feel and grip.

The Shop

jgmxdad251
2/19/2018 3:38pm
His best time of the test was a 130.7 on day 2. He was on the 2017 bike and the 2018 bike on day 3.
BMSOBx2
2/19/2018 4:01pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2018 4:03pm
Martini637 wrote:
Yeah I think Jorge is missing that Yamaha. I’m not GP insider or hardcore fan (I do love watching it though) but I’m curious what makes...
Casey Stoner didn't have a problem with the Ducati but he was an alien. Most of the top bikes have very similar wheelbases steering head angles Etc. At this point it's all about the ecu's and dialing in the computer to suit your power band. We won't even talk about the tire issue because it's directly tied to that. Do you want parity? Take a look at what they're doing to World Superbike. Rev limits so the slower bikes can keep up?
jgmxdad251
2/19/2018 10:01pm
Martini637 wrote:
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Casey Stoner didn't have a problem with the Ducati but he was an alien. Most of the top bikes have very similar wheelbases steering head angles...
Casey Stoner didn't have a problem with the Ducati but he was an alien. Most of the top bikes have very similar wheelbases steering head angles Etc. At this point it's all about the ecu's and dialing in the computer to suit your power band. We won't even talk about the tire issue because it's directly tied to that. Do you want parity? Take a look at what they're doing to World Superbike. Rev limits so the slower bikes can keep up?
lets se if it works. JR was still fastest at the tests. Sure would be cool if he was Zarco's teamate.
JPT
2/20/2018 8:47am
First WSBK of the year is this weekend, looks to be another Johnnie Rhea romp unless somebody can step up.
motogrady
2/21/2018 7:57am
motogrady wrote:
JPT wrote:
First look. Missed that PJ had moved up.

Ya, noticed that also. A brand new team, results for PJ, that has to be taken into consideration.

And yes, weird how Honda kinda struggles in this series.

Guys, I looked around for something on TV that would air here in the States, nothing listed that I saw.
Anyone sees a time and station for World Superbike for this weeks round down under, put it up please.

Reading about practice over there, Rhea licking his chops.
JPT
2/21/2018 2:33pm
beIN

Race 1, Friday 9:50 Central
Race 2, Saturday 8:30 PM Central
motogrady
2/22/2018 1:26pm
JPT wrote:
beIN

Race 1, Friday 9:50 Central
Race 2, Saturday 8:30 PM Central

Thanks guy. Road Racing tomorrowSmile
JPT
2/25/2018 12:25pm
Hope you didn't miss race two. The 8:30 was the World SuperSport, the big bikes Didn't come on until 10:00, I just caught it.
BMSOBx2
2/25/2018 2:18pm
Well that was certainly interesting. Throw the tires out of the equation and you got two great 10-12 lap sprint races. Great racing. Melandri slingshots Rey for the win. That wouldn't have happened without the Rev limiting placed on the Kawasakis, even got a Honda in the top five. Jake and PJ bringing up the rear but at least they've got a chance this year. Too bad the tires are the deciding factor looks like more of the same in Moto GP.
motogrady
2/25/2018 2:30pm
JPT wrote:
Hope you didn't miss race two. The 8:30 was the World SuperSport, the big bikes Didn't come on until 10:00, I just caught it.

Yes, was a good night of motorcycle racing.
Flipped SX on and off, caught most of the good stuff, an easy dinner, then World Superbike till almost midnight.

A few thing asphalt wise.
I know, the rev concession thing is meant to tighten the race up.
And it sure made for a close finish on this one.
But, I never liked the HD crap they used to pull in AMA dirt-track, and still don't, and this kinda reminds me of that.

Was a bit disappointed in Gange on the line, hamming it up. Sure, no pressure he's a kind of rookie, but when you saw the faces of the top group guys, heck, they meant business. MM looked like he was headed to the gallowsLaughing
One wonders if Jake will ever get that.

The Ducatis, looked like wiggle machines, how those guys keep it on 2 wheels under power is beyond me.

And the pit stops, some guys moaned a bit, but I thought it added a bit of drama.

Ya, all in all, a good night of moto, thanks again for the heads up.
3/3/2018 11:55pm
Martini637 wrote:
Ducati is stuck on having to use a 90 degree L engine. This gives the bike less room for certain adjustments with the front end.

And forces a short swing arm. Which is also carbon so that makes for even less ”feel”.

The Ducati demands a very different riding style that few have been able to master. Stoner being the obvious one. Iannone adapted as well. Dovi is there now. They say you have to brake while giving it gas. And the lines are bery different. (Iannone was so hardwired to the style of the Ducati, just look at how long it’s taken him to adapt to the Suzuki, a very different yet easy bike to ride).

Lorenzo has changed his style to suit the bike but he continues to revert back to old habits.

Post a reply to: MotoGP Testing Parity

The Latest