MotoGP Testing

Related:
Create New Tag

1/27/2018 8:11 AM

|

My wife calls you guys the Yahoos.

1/27/2018 5:21 PM

God Dammit. Not one American in the mix.

What in the everliving hell is going on?
|

1/27/2018 7:07 PM

motogrady wrote:

American road racing screwed the pooch right after Ben Spies left to go to the World Championships and they tried to turn it into NASCAR. Motoamerica is trying to turn it around but there was an entire generation of American Riders who didn't have a path to Euro racing series because the sanctioning body refused to comply with European rules, no competition, no promotion and no credibility.

|

1/28/2018 9:21 AM

motogrady wrote:

BMSOBx2 wrote:

American road racing screwed the pooch right after Ben Spies left to go to the World Championships and they tried to turn it into NASCAR. Motoamerica is trying to turn it around but there was an entire generation of American Riders who didn't have a path to Euro racing series because the sanctioning body refused to comply with European rules, no competition, no promotion and no credibility.

On the nose.

They tried to make 600's the premier class with the big bikes being basically Superstocks.

|

1/29/2018 5:20 AM

Ya, I remember the Roger Edmondson/DMG experiment.
A good example of what happens when the factories walk away.

I think Honda has taken a young guy, Jake Gagne, kinda under its wing, giving him a full time ride in WSB.
Maybe the future?

Anyway, saw this pic on another site, factory Yamaha, doing their dance with the wing thing.

Photo last week.

|

1/29/2018 5:25 AM

A bit off topic, but hey, pavement guys in this thread might relate.

What do you get when you mix The Isle of Mann, 2001 A Space Oddsey, Back to the Future, and Cat Food?

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/best-cat-food-commercial-ever.html
|

1/30/2018 5:37 AM

A bit of eye candy......

Photo

Really would be cool to see the Aprilla or KTM guys pull it off, but to one guy, the Factory Honda Team looking pretty strong, again.
|

1/30/2018 7:27 AM

Finally.. after 15 years in the lower bike classes Thomas Luthi moves up to MotoGP. I didn't really think would happen at this point.

|

1/30/2018 7:55 AM

Shawn142 wrote:

Finally.. after 15 years in the lower bike classes Thomas Luthi moves up to MotoGP. I didn't really think would happen at this point.

In the old days some guys spent their entire careers on smaller bikes. Of course there were about a half dozen classes.

|