MotoGP 2018

7/15/2018 2:11pm Edited Date/Time 7/15/2018 2:12pm
I still cannot get over the fact that Yamaha gets such a free pass from the media. They've given their riders no help. Refused to support...
I still cannot get over the fact that Yamaha gets such a free pass from the media.

They've given their riders no help. Refused to support a 3rd factory bike. And havent won in over a year despite having arguably the most talented one-two combo of riders.

Meanwhile Ducati has won races, their satellites fight for wins, their customers fight for top 5's and all we hear about is how they didnt do enough for Lorenzo and pushed him out. HE LEFT ON HIS OWN!!!
51xc wrote:
well, jorge is a proofen champion. just look at the 5 years before he joined ducati. he himself has 25+ wins in those years and ducati...
well, jorge is a proofen champion. just look at the 5 years before he joined ducati. he himself has 25+ wins in those years and ducati has 2. he's not the guy who has a point to proof.
Hey, look back far enough and you can find evidence that Suzuki is a winner.

I care about the here and now. The last few years Ducati has been one of the best run teams in the paddock and the results show it. They've done it despite not having the most talented roster.

Yamaha has a super talented roster and basically sat on their asses while Zarco, Rossi, and Mav struggle.

Honda was way behind and Marc has been a great deodorant for what is a bastard of a bike to ride.

Lorenzo was relevant during those 5 years before Ducati because at the time the Yamaha was the best bike on the grid. It's clearly not the best bike anymore. And fallen way behind the development curve. Honda have pushed very hard. Suzuki gave Iannone what he wanted. And KTM are coming whether people want to accept it or not.

Yamaha is wasting prime years right now. Honestly, they shouldve stuck with Lorenzo. But again, they get a free pass for that because they have the British media (who mostly cover MotoGP) in their pocket.
51xc
7/15/2018 3:18pm
Hey, look back far enough and you can find evidence that Suzuki is a winner. I care about the here and now. The last few years...

I care about the here and now. The last few years Ducati has been one of the best run teams in the paddock and the results show it. They've done it despite not having the most talented roster.

Yamaha has a super talented roster and basically sat on their asses while Zarco, Rossi, and Mav struggle.

Honda was way behind and Marc has been a great deodorant for what is a bastard of a bike to ride.

Lorenzo was relevant during those 5 years before Ducati because at the time the Yamaha was the best bike on the grid. It's clearly not the best bike anymore. And fallen way behind the development curve. Honda have pushed very hard. Suzuki gave Iannone what he wanted. And KTM are coming whether people want to accept it or not.

Yamaha is wasting prime years right now. Honestly, they shouldve stuck with Lorenzo. But again, they get a free pass for that because they have the British media (who mostly cover MotoGP) in their pocket.
I'm not looking far back at all. it's still the very same racers competing now.

I agree that ducati has improofed massivly and seem to continue to do so. but you can't simply blame lorenzo for leaving ducati. both parties were not happy with the results, so they move on. pretty simple. now ducati has bagnaia for 19 and a new shot to groom a young promising rider.

suzuki didn't give ai29 a shit. they messed up pretty bad in pre season testing 2 years ago and had to go a step back again and now new stuff is coming in step by step. but that's for rins and mir next year.

ktm isn't going anywhere for the next 3 years at least. the bike is far away from battling for wins. which is ok because they are fairly new.

yamaha and british media? I don't see the connection?
BMSOBx2
7/15/2018 3:41pm Edited Date/Time 7/15/2018 3:42pm
KMC440 wrote:
Marquez was just playing for the first third
Unfortunately you're right. While Honda may not be the best handling or fastest bike they definitely have the best rider. Just once while he's riding up someone's ass into a corner I'd like to see them give him a brake check. Nothing crazy just a tap. At least then it wouldn't be so boring.Whistling
It's getting to be like Formula 1 and Mercedes.
KMC440
7/15/2018 4:28pm
Did you see who won the last F1 race? It's been getting better ... let me qualify that with an "as long as they have 2 or 3 SC sessions per race".

As for "The Joker" 93 ... can't argue he's the best right now and VR46 is as brilliant as ever but his spots are becoming fewer and farther in between. It'll be interesting how Lorenzo and Marq'i Marq are going to work next season.

The Shop

7/15/2018 6:45pm
Hey, look back far enough and you can find evidence that Suzuki is a winner. I care about the here and now. The last few years...

51xc wrote:
I'm not looking far back at all. it's still the very same racers competing now. I agree that ducati has improofed massivly and seem to continue...
I'm not looking far back at all. it's still the very same racers competing now.

I agree that ducati has improofed massivly and seem to continue to do so. but you can't simply blame lorenzo for leaving ducati. both parties were not happy with the results, so they move on. pretty simple. now ducati has bagnaia for 19 and a new shot to groom a young promising rider.

suzuki didn't give ai29 a shit. they messed up pretty bad in pre season testing 2 years ago and had to go a step back again and now new stuff is coming in step by step. but that's for rins and mir next year.

ktm isn't going anywhere for the next 3 years at least. the bike is far away from battling for wins. which is ok because they are fairly new.

yamaha and british media? I don't see the connection?
Same racers. All on very different bikes. The Yamaha simply has not improved enough since the Michelin tires were introduced. Zarco is on a chassis that was designed for Bridgestones.

Tech3 kept asking for a 3rd factory bike. Yamaha didnt think they had a rider worthy. They got a rider worthy. And Yamaha still balked.

The current Yamaha and Lorenzo were a winning combo. And Yamaha let that go. They should be getting hammered in the press yet they dont. Not so much as a whisper. Meanwhile Ducati takes a beating constantly on social media and in articles by (mostly) British media who cover MotoGP.

Ducati does not have the advertising budget the Japanese manufacturers do and it shows in how the last few seasons have been skewed in the press. For example, David Emmet landed Suzuki as a sponsor of his podcast last year and wouldnt you know it, he's spent the last 12 months bashing Iannone at every opportunity.

- When the Honda was a crap bike, Marc got the credit and everyone else is given a pass. No criticism of HRC tho.

- The Yamaha gets ripped daily by Rossi in the press, not an article bashing Yamaha or Lin Jarvis.

- Suzuki puts in a effort comparable to little 'ol Aprilia's and when Iannone was struggling, who got the blame? Iannone.
Meanwhile the press had a field day blaming Aprilla for Sam Lowe's disastrous season. Can you find a single article calling Suzuki out for their inability to field a real effort? Nope. They've let Maverick, Zarco, Iannone, and Lorenzo slip thru their grasps and not a word of criticism of them.

- And while Jorge was struggling? Brit media would block you on twitter if you suggested that maybe the rider is the problem. And the moment he got a win their was an onslaught of articles and press demonizing Ducati for their lack of effort and that they'd let Lorenzo go too early. IT WAS JORGE WHO LEFT ON HIS OWN!!!... nevermind the actual fact that they did everything they could to turn their bike into a Yamaha for Jorge.

It seems pretty clear to me that Italian brands get blamed whenever a rider fails and if it's a Japanese brand, the Japanese get the benefit of the doubt.

While working in Europe for Factory Teams, because I am a Yankee, the Brits always felt they could speak freely to me. They ALWAYS had something slanderous to say about Italians. It was sometimes true but also very odd that they always had to make some negative comment about their culture. Maybe it's because of the long rivalry in racing between England and Italy. Both make magnificent things out of carbon. Whatever the case, the rivalry/bias bleeds over into the press and skews public opinion unfairly.

Ducati sells 1/10th the number of bikes worldwide as Honda. And Suzuki outsells everyone. The fact that Ducati even compete with the big boys should give them an incredibly long leash. They are a niche brand. As is Aprilia.

And lastly, keep doubting KTM. Fans look at the results sheet. But look closer at how they're finishing races in relation to the podium. They're getting closer and closer year by year. It's a very rapid accent by both them and Aprilia. KTM has the budget, they havent had the riders. They will make a big jump next year with Zarco. And if Yamaha dont get their shit together, they're gonna be watching Honda, Ducati, and KTM battle for wins soon while the M1 is busy fighting off the Suzuki, Aprilia, and all the satellite bikes.

Rossi has got a lot left in the tank and he's riding the bike to it's limits. I'd say Rossi is the best in the field right now but Marc is doing the same with the RCV. The difference is at least HRC are trying.
7/15/2018 6:50pm
KMC440 wrote:
Marquez was just playing for the first third
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Unfortunately you're right. While Honda may not be the best handling or fastest bike they definitely have the best rider. Just once while he's riding up...
Unfortunately you're right. While Honda may not be the best handling or fastest bike they definitely have the best rider. Just once while he's riding up someone's ass into a corner I'd like to see them give him a brake check. Nothing crazy just a tap. At least then it wouldn't be so boring.Whistling
It's getting to be like Formula 1 and Mercedes.
I think there are several riders with the talent and salt to mix it up with Marc.

Rossi
Iannone
Zarco

Lorenzo is not on that list because he's just not a "racer". He's fast as hell and great at checking out, but any time it becomes a battle, he fades back.

If you're gonna beat Marc, you better be ready to trade elbows & paint. Few have the talent and gall to do that. And none of the 3 I listed have the bike. Marc is just too talented. These guys need help and NONE of them are going to get it this year unfortunately.

Well, maybe Rossi will. We'll see at Brno.
51xc
7/16/2018 8:10am Edited Date/Time 7/16/2018 8:11am
ducati is owned by audi aka VW group. they've got huge budgets if they need to.

I honestly couldn't care less who is getting more or less bashed by media. I care about the racing. that's all.
clearly there is a problem with the yamaha right now. vineales is in my opinion the only one who could beat marquez in a propper pound for pound battle at every race.
valle needs certain tracks to do really well and be competetiv for a win nowadays.
zarco hasn't impressed me one bit. just like ai29 he's eighter hot or cold. but zarco is still new, so he will learn each and every race.
JPT
7/17/2018 12:29pm
Summer break for MotoGP and WSBK. What's a non believer to do on Sunday morning?
JPT
7/18/2018 7:15am
Go ride. I'll be at the track this weekend. Smile
Good idea, the Bonnevlle is a perfect answer.
XXVoid MainXX
7/21/2018 7:49pm
Had a good ride today for the first time in a long time. Got 4th in Expert GT. Going for a podium tomorrow.

KMC440
7/22/2018 8:18am
Damn Todd that's nice, much respect.

CK7fourever
JPT
7/23/2018 8:02am
KMC440 wrote:
Damn Todd that's nice, much respect.

CK7fourever
Agreed.
JPT
7/25/2018 7:49am
Ooops. Throttle hand slipped a little there. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/24/276768/s1200_wheeliemockracegatewaycropped.jpg[/img]
Ooops. Throttle hand slipped a little there.
Of course it did.
G-man
7/25/2018 8:32am
Put the banner up last night which i think helped me out today. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/21/276107/s1200_gateway20180721_4..jpg[/img]
Put the banner up last night which i think helped me out today.

That's really a cool banner Void.
G-man
7/25/2018 8:33am
Ooops. Throttle hand slipped a little there. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/07/24/276768/s1200_wheeliemockracegatewaycropped.jpg[/img]
Whoa is that the wheelie King!!!!!! Woohoo
KMC440
8/5/2018 4:27am
Well both Moto3 and Moto2 were good races this morning, hope the Premier class is just as good.

Good morning.
KMC440
8/5/2018 5:20am
Lot of cat n mouse waiting going on
BMSOBx2
8/5/2018 1:26pm
Dovi Lorenzo Mark and Vale. Got up this morning to watch the race only to find that Comcast has shut off access to BeiN Sports due to a disagreement. F***. I enjoyed the 4-Hour commercial-free coverage of all the races. Now what am I going to do? I'm paying for something that I don't have access to. Bastards.
JPT
8/6/2018 12:51pm
Good race, figured MM93 was going to drop the hammer with about 5 to go especially with the lap times being so slow early on.. Looked like he tried but didn't have the magic this time. He decide to not to take the risk or did Jorge and Dovi just manage to step up?
KMC440
8/6/2018 2:28pm Edited Date/Time 8/6/2018 2:29pm
Did this in South Sacramento years ago on the xl500 ... told the cop my throttle stuck and I'm such a good rider I saved it. WoohooWhistling

Ticket was 50 bucks... BlushAngry
8/7/2018 11:33am
JPT wrote:
Good race, figured MM93 was going to drop the hammer with about 5 to go especially with the lap times being so slow early on.. Looked...
Good race, figured MM93 was going to drop the hammer with about 5 to go especially with the lap times being so slow early on.. Looked like he tried but didn't have the magic this time. He decide to not to take the risk or did Jorge and Dovi just manage to step up?
Just an amateur outside opinion, but I think Marc backed it down due to Lorenzo.

Lorenzo was brilliant this race. And definitely more aggressive & risk taking than I've ever seen him do. I think knowing all the barbs Dovi & JLo were taking at each other in the media during the week leading up to this race, Marc decided it would be wise to avoid the potential carnage. Both of those Ducati riders were prepared to take each other out before losing to one another.

And with Vale so close in tow, it would have been huge for the championship if Lorenzo had done something stupid and Marc ended up collateral damage.

Had it just been Dovi vs Marc, I think MM93 would have been up for a fight. He trusts Dovi will keep his cool.
G-man
8/9/2018 8:14am
JPT wrote:
Good race, figured MM93 was going to drop the hammer with about 5 to go especially with the lap times being so slow early on.. Looked...
Just an amateur outside opinion, but I think Marc backed it down due to Lorenzo. Lorenzo was brilliant this race. And definitely more aggressive & risk...
Just an amateur outside opinion, but I think Marc backed it down due to Lorenzo.

Lorenzo was brilliant this race. And definitely more aggressive & risk taking than I've ever seen him do. I think knowing all the barbs Dovi & JLo were taking at each other in the media during the week leading up to this race, Marc decided it would be wise to avoid the potential carnage. Both of those Ducati riders were prepared to take each other out before losing to one another.

And with Vale so close in tow, it would have been huge for the championship if Lorenzo had done something stupid and Marc ended up collateral damage.

Had it just been Dovi vs Marc, I think MM93 would have been up for a fight. He trusts Dovi will keep his cool.
Ok finally had time to watch the Czech race. Holy Moly that was a good one and yea I haven't seen J-Low take so many chances like that. Woohoo Cracks me up now that he's off Ducati's next yr he's a completely new racer.

Him and Marq came pretty close too, it's going to be interesting to watch these two as teammates.
8/9/2018 9:05pm
JPT wrote:
Just an amateur outside opinion, but I think Marc backed it down due to Lorenzo. Lorenzo was brilliant this race. And definitely more aggressive & risk...

G-man wrote:
Ok finally had time to watch the Czech race. Holy Moly that was a good one and yea I haven't seen J-Low take so many chances...
Ok finally had time to watch the Czech race. Holy Moly that was a good one and yea I haven't seen J-Low take so many chances like that. Woohoo Cracks me up now that he's off Ducati's next yr he's a completely new racer.

Him and Marq came pretty close too, it's going to be interesting to watch these two as teammates.
I expect a disaster at HRC.

I think it's extremely important to put a rider on a bike that matches his style. Lorenzo's style is perfectly suited for the Suzuki and Yamaha. He wont mesh well with the Honda any more than I think Marc would have a hard time on the Yamaha.

And HRC isnt going to put up with his bullshit attitude. Which has followed him everywhere he's been.

Then take this into consideration... Gigi at Ducati not only WANTED Lorenzo, but he's the guy that got Ducati's management in it's current form. He's a master at calming down difficult situations. Just look now at the Lorenzo garage. JLo has been metaphorically saying fuck you to Ducati management since he signed the HRC deal. Yet he's still getting the good parts and full support of the team. AND he's part of the development process for the 2019 bike still. That NEVER happens to an outgoing rider (just ask Zarco), especially when the OEM has several other satellite teams they can shift development duties over too. Why is JLo the exception? Gigi. Why? Well for one, he's in hot water for convincing Ducati to sign the disaster that has been Lorenzo and every win from here on out justifies his recommendation. And two, that's just the way he is. He's a peace maker of difficult situations. Why is this relevant to 2019? Look at who the team manager is over at HRC... Nobody has EVER accused Alberto Puig of being the same mold as Gigi. That HRC garage is going to be dysfunctional as all hell.

Yamaha never shouldve let JLo go. They had a winning combo and they fucked it all up by being cheap (aka, taking the Rossi induced sponsorship so they wouldnt have to fund the team out of pocket). I love Rossi but the facts are the facts, Yamaha was doing just fine building the bike for Lorenzo and since Rossi showed up they've had to go back to building the bike for him, which has in turn cost them valuable results from both Zarco and Vinales.

Lin Jarvis is a moron.
Fox88
Fantasy
22nd
8/11/2018 5:33am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Dovi Lorenzo Mark and Vale. Got up this morning to watch the race only to find that Comcast has shut off access to BeiN Sports due...
Dovi Lorenzo Mark and Vale. Got up this morning to watch the race only to find that Comcast has shut off access to BeiN Sports due to a disagreement. F***. I enjoyed the 4-Hour commercial-free coverage of all the races. Now what am I going to do? I'm paying for something that I don't have access to. Bastards.
same thing here, got up early last weekend to watch and got comcasted yet again! I just reached full addiction to all 3 classes, and now don't know wtf to do?! comcast has rights to my local sports team coverage, so they have me by the balls..

just watched a sketchy replay of the czech race, was a good one! if anyone has any good consistent feeds for live and or replays, please share, much ty!

Post a reply to: MotoGP 2018

The Latest