6/14/2018 9:07pm
bh84 wrote:
SO Lorenzo to HRC/Repsol
Petrux to Ducati
Dani out in the cold
Mir to Suzuki
Ianonne to Aprillia?
Dani had his press conference today... “he’s got options”

Which means the Yamaha satellite bikes aren’t dead after all.

The silly season of all silly seasons wont die.
6/15/2018 2:47pm Edited Date/Time 6/15/2018 2:47pm
NOPE.

Let's review the timeline....

2017 - Jorge is getting paid 12.5m euro a year, riding for Ducati which has a known pressure cooker of a garage, and he completely shits the bed all year

2018 races 1 thru 4 - Same as before, pressure mounting, and his results are even WORSE despite Ducati completely changing the development curve of the bike to suit Jorge. Indirectly affecting both the performance of Dovi and Petrux.

2018 the Friday during Mugello - Lorenzo signs a deal with HRC (for less money than Suzuki offered him, a offer they later rescinded due to his poor attitude during negotiations)

2018 the Sunday of Mugello - Lorenzo turns back into the Lorenzo of old and dominates

Seems to me that Lorenzo couldnt handle the pressure of his high dollar contract and the moment he was out from under it, he went back to his normal self.
JPT
6/17/2018 10:41am
What a crash fest. All three classes.

The Shop

BMSOBx2
6/17/2018 11:10am
Guess the new pavement's a little greasy. I hate Lorenzo.
jgmxdad251
6/17/2018 12:06pm
Moto3 was crazy, they were bouncing off each other.... Not a Lorenzo fan either. I doubt he will win in his first year on the Honda but, 2020 if he figures it out could be a crazy year in the Respol garage.
6/17/2018 12:41pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Guess the new pavement's a little greasy. I hate Lorenzo.
Can we talk about how poorly the media is doing with regards to Lorenzo? Dorna must have really put the word out.

Thank god Gigi finally did a interview after the race and said it's NOT THE BIKE, JORGE'S MENTALITY HAS CHANGED

Ya think????

Everyone trying to say that it was the gas tank. IM CALLING MAJOR BULLSHIT on that one.

Let's list the excuses Lorenzo has used...

1. It was the seat
2. It was Dovi undermining him in the press
3. It was that Ducati didnt "love him enough"
4. It was the gas tank

Yet despite all that, and the fact that Ducati was changing the development of the bike specially for him (something they have NEVER done for a rider) all his problems went away AFTER he went and signed with HRC.

And now everyone has the nerve to claim he was "fired" by Ducati too soon. And that they "gave up on him too early".

WAIT. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Last I checked, Petrucci was in major limbo until the HRC deal was announced. Petrucci was looking at being OUT of a Ducati seat. Nobody forced Lorenzo out. The door was technically open until HE WENT TO PUIG and asked for a deal.

Lorenzo was in such a bad way during this silly season that Suzuki thought he'd be too big of a headache and pulled their contract offer from Lorenzo. But Ducati is the problem???

To me it is very simple, he signed a contract with HRC, the pressure was off, he relaxed, and found his rhythm. He signed a huge money deal with a Italian brand that is known for being a very pressure filled atmosphere due to expectations. Ducati is a small company whose entire heart and soul go into their racing program. It's no different than Ferrari. Or other Italian brands I've worked for. During team introductions I remember they brought in every last factory worker to shake the hands of the factory riders one year. To signify that their performance on the race track was going to directly impact sales and in turn the livelihoods of all these worker's families. It was a incredibly passionate and heavy moment. I could see in some of the rider's eyes the weight of it all was a little much. But it was beautiful at the same time.

But it's not for everyone. And clearly not for Jorge.

The funny thing is he went to the one Japanese mfg that operates just the same. Honda isnt going to put up with his bullshit excuses. And they are no less a pressure filled environment.

Most intense garages to work in (in no particular order):
Ferrari
Ducati
Aprilia
BMW
Honda
Kawasaki

Most rider friendly cultures in a garage (in no particular order):
KTM
Yamaha
Suzuki
JPT
6/17/2018 1:14pm
Funny how different Honda is in Motogp than they were in MX/SX in the USA. When McGrath and RC got too big they let them go.
JPT
6/17/2018 1:15pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Moto3 was crazy, they were bouncing off each other.... Not a Lorenzo fan either. I doubt he will win in his first year on the Honda...
Moto3 was crazy, they were bouncing off each other.... Not a Lorenzo fan either. I doubt he will win in his first year on the Honda but, 2020 if he figures it out could be a crazy year in the Respol garage.
13 out of 27 finished in the big boy class.
BMSOBx2
6/17/2018 2:55pm
Can we talk about how poorly the media is doing with regards to Lorenzo? Dorna must have really put the word out. Thank god Gigi finally...
Can we talk about how poorly the media is doing with regards to Lorenzo? Dorna must have really put the word out.

Thank god Gigi finally did a interview after the race and said it's NOT THE BIKE, JORGE'S MENTALITY HAS CHANGED

Ya think????

Everyone trying to say that it was the gas tank. IM CALLING MAJOR BULLSHIT on that one.

Let's list the excuses Lorenzo has used...

1. It was the seat
2. It was Dovi undermining him in the press
3. It was that Ducati didnt "love him enough"
4. It was the gas tank

Yet despite all that, and the fact that Ducati was changing the development of the bike specially for him (something they have NEVER done for a rider) all his problems went away AFTER he went and signed with HRC.

And now everyone has the nerve to claim he was "fired" by Ducati too soon. And that they "gave up on him too early".

WAIT. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK.

Last I checked, Petrucci was in major limbo until the HRC deal was announced. Petrucci was looking at being OUT of a Ducati seat. Nobody forced Lorenzo out. The door was technically open until HE WENT TO PUIG and asked for a deal.

Lorenzo was in such a bad way during this silly season that Suzuki thought he'd be too big of a headache and pulled their contract offer from Lorenzo. But Ducati is the problem???

To me it is very simple, he signed a contract with HRC, the pressure was off, he relaxed, and found his rhythm. He signed a huge money deal with a Italian brand that is known for being a very pressure filled atmosphere due to expectations. Ducati is a small company whose entire heart and soul go into their racing program. It's no different than Ferrari. Or other Italian brands I've worked for. During team introductions I remember they brought in every last factory worker to shake the hands of the factory riders one year. To signify that their performance on the race track was going to directly impact sales and in turn the livelihoods of all these worker's families. It was a incredibly passionate and heavy moment. I could see in some of the rider's eyes the weight of it all was a little much. But it was beautiful at the same time.

But it's not for everyone. And clearly not for Jorge.

The funny thing is he went to the one Japanese mfg that operates just the same. Honda isnt going to put up with his bullshit excuses. And they are no less a pressure filled environment.

Most intense garages to work in (in no particular order):
Ferrari
Ducati
Aprilia
BMW
Honda
Kawasaki

Most rider friendly cultures in a garage (in no particular order):
KTM
Yamaha
Suzuki
Totally agree. Gas tank my ass. Wonder what his excuses are going to be at HRC when Marquez blows him off next season on identical equipment. Will it be the gas tank or they didn't love him enough then?
6/17/2018 3:06pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Totally agree. Gas tank my ass. Wonder what his excuses are going to be at HRC when Marquez blows him off next season on identical equipment...
Totally agree. Gas tank my ass. Wonder what his excuses are going to be at HRC when Marquez blows him off next season on identical equipment. Will it be the gas tank or they didn't love him enough then?
He’ll go back to blaming his visor. L...O.....mf.....L
6/17/2018 3:15pm Edited Date/Time 6/17/2018 3:16pm
JPT wrote:
Funny how different Honda is in Motogp than they were in MX/SX in the USA. When McGrath and RC got too big they let them go.
Neither were dropped for that reason.

McGrath wanted more freedom. He was busy spending all of his time partying and Honda wasn’t blind to it. Despite all the cocaine use, he was still incredibly talented and capable of championships. But I cannot blame Honda for wanting to move on. Don’t forget, only Suzuki signed him. McGrath’s extra activities were no secret.

A little known secret is how Suzuki lost that championship with McGrath. His mechanic didn’t realize the difference in the clutches between Hondas & Suzukis. Suzuki spent a fortune trying to develop a worx clutch but it ended up being mechanic error the whole season.

All this while MC was in a coked out haze all year.

Honda let Rossi go in his prime as well. For nearly identical reasons.
jgmxdad251
6/17/2018 5:16pm
JPT wrote:
13 out of 27 finished in the big boy class.
Yea a lot crashes but only one top guy,Dovi............ Have the changes to the Ducati affected Dovi, or is his confidence low after the incident with Lorenzo and his recent streak?
6/18/2018 7:04pm Edited Date/Time 6/18/2018 7:05pm
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Yea a lot crashes but only one top guy,Dovi............ Have the changes to the Ducati affected Dovi, or is his confidence low after the incident with...
Yea a lot crashes but only one top guy,Dovi............ Have the changes to the Ducati affected Dovi, or is his confidence low after the incident with Lorenzo and his recent streak?
Lorenzo’s Ducati is his own.

I think the fact that they built 2 very different bikes is what hurt the Ducati program as a whole. Splitting development slowed progress imo.

Next year they will be back to their traditional focused approach as it appears Dovi, Petrucci, and Jack Miller are all on the same page.

That said, I can only imagine all the drama is a distraction in the Ducati garages. Lorenzo winning while shitting on the company every time a mic is in his face. And meanwhile Dovi is trying to stay in the championship hunt. Dysfunctional if you ask me.

And I know how the Italians are. The techs probably all dread working w/ Lorenzo and management is likely checking the small print in his contract to see if they can cut him loose early.

We’d be fools to bet against it happening again at HRC next year. It seems to follow Jorge.
indy_maico
6/21/2018 11:12am
indy_maico wrote:
One guy completely lost in the shuffle is Johanas Folger. He showed promise on the Tech 3 Yamaha, but came down with Epstein-Barr or something and...
One guy completely lost in the shuffle is Johanas Folger.

He showed promise on the Tech 3 Yamaha, but came down with Epstein-Barr or something and had to stand down for 2018.

Is he completely finished now? If he is physically able, I'd take him over Pedrosa for the satellite Yamaha team (whoever they may end up being run by!)
Last I heard, nobody cam get ahold of him. He’s gone radio silent. Totally fallen off the map. This was after he was in talks about...
Last I heard, nobody cam get ahold of him. He’s gone radio silent. Totally fallen off the map.

This was after he was in talks about 2019 with a team. But then nothing. Media say they cant get ahold of him now.

The MGP paddock aint the most patient. I’d say his career is done. Or would require a major reboot.
Folger surfaces
Below from Autosport.com

Sidelined MotoGP rider Jonas Folger has made his first outing on grand prix machinery since he stopped racing last year in a test with the Kalex Moto2 team.

Folger's rookie season in the premier class in 2017 included a second-place finish in Germany at the Sachsenring, but was cut short when the 24-year-old was diagnosed with Gilbert's Syndrome.

He missed the final four races of the year and made a last-minute decision to sit out the entirety of the 2018 campaign, with Moto2 rider Hafizh Syahrin replacing him alongside Johann Zarco at the Tech3 Yamaha squad.

Although team boss Herve Poncharal initially expressed a desire to bring back Folger for 2019 if he was fit enough and willing to return, Tech3 ended up signing Miguel Oliveira and retaining Syahrin for its first season as a KTM satellite team.

In his first outing on a grand prix bike since last year's Aragon round in late September, Folger completed more than 50 laps on a Honda powered-Kalex chassis at the same track on Wednesday before sampling the Moto2 chassis with the 2019 Triumph engine on Thursday.

Jesko Raffin and Alex Marquez also took part in the test, riding on Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

Kalex co-founder Alex Baumgartel told Autosport: "Jonas and I wanted to see if he enjoys motorcycling again.

"[On Wednesday] we gave him a few laps on our private Kalex Honda to roll in.

"Today he's doing test work for us, and I'd say he's got a smile on his face and he's having fun."

Baumgartel stressed that any potential Moto2 ride for Folger had not yet been discussed.

"After the second day we will sit down together and ask how he feels," he added. "I haven't talked about his goals yet.

"He should let it sink in and then we'll see how it develops."

indy_maico
6/27/2018 12:14pm
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/06/27/270769/s1200_16261E86_8285_4DBA_933A_DED49F6A29F5.jpg[/img]

Announcement tomorrow!
G-man
6/30/2018 5:32pm
Wow that was quite a qualifying with a minute to go Lorenzo and Rins where at the top, then Marquez crutchlow & Rossi end up taking the top row with under a minute ago!

it'll be quite a race tomorrow.

BMSOBx2
6/30/2018 6:58pm Edited Date/Time 6/30/2018 6:59pm
Rossi's got to be stoked with the front row. Tomorrow's race should be a shootout. After Marquez disappears.
KMC440
7/1/2018 4:52am Edited Date/Time 7/1/2018 4:53am
If I ever get to produce a Batman movie Marquez93 will be playing the Joker, Ceasar Romero style Joker not the creepy one.
KMC440
7/1/2018 4:58am
Umbrella girls are so freaking awesome !
WoohooKissingWoohooKissingWoohooKissing
KMC440
7/1/2018 5:11am
Lorenzo is slowing the show up.
JPT
7/1/2018 7:48am
OK, that was a hell of a race. Marquez said the wind was slowing the pace, well good for the wind becsuse we got a show.
7/1/2018 9:10am
KMC440 wrote:
Lorenzo is slowing the show up.
Whatever the case, he made the race very interesting. His return to form is good for the championship.
BMSOBx2
7/1/2018 3:45pm
Incredible race. For a minute I thought I'd messed up and turned on the moto3 race. It doesn't get any better than this.

Post a reply to: MotoGP 2018

The Latest