MotoGP 2018

5/18/2018 7:09pm Edited Date/Time 5/18/2018 7:10pm
Dovi’s new Ducati deal is official. As is Aleix w/ Aprilia.

Lorenzo gear at the factory Ducati store in Bologna is 50% off currently. Make of that what you will.

Word is Lorenzo is bringing Monster Energy over as a title sponsor for Suzuki. (Monster’s relationship with Tech3 to end for obvious reasons).

That would shift Iannone to Aprilia. (Petrux is still the backup plan).

And Petrucci to the #2 Ducati with Jack getting the #3 bike. Recently some Ducati execs (who are in love with Jack, they think he’s their next Stoner) spoke to media about wanting to be patient with him. Rebuild him slowly after the Honda debacle.

JPT
5/19/2018 6:46am
Anybody see Crutchlow's high side in qualifying?

Damn!

The Shop

5/19/2018 2:57pm
Dovi’s new Ducati deal is official. As is Aleix w/ Aprilia. Lorenzo gear at the factory Ducati store in Bologna is 50% off currently. Make of...
Dovi’s new Ducati deal is official. As is Aleix w/ Aprilia.

Lorenzo gear at the factory Ducati store in Bologna is 50% off currently. Make of that what you will.

Word is Lorenzo is bringing Monster Energy over as a title sponsor for Suzuki. (Monster’s relationship with Tech3 to end for obvious reasons).

That would shift Iannone to Aprilia. (Petrux is still the backup plan).

And Petrucci to the #2 Ducati with Jack getting the #3 bike. Recently some Ducati execs (who are in love with Jack, they think he’s their next Stoner) spoke to media about wanting to be patient with him. Rebuild him slowly after the Honda debacle.

Joan Mir to Suzuki rumors are causing a stir.

This could press Honda (who really wants Mir) to sign him sooner than they’d like. Effectively bumping Pedrosa out of MotoGP.

Iannone has first dibs at Aprilia. His backup plan is Pramac. Bumping Jack to the factory bike. And Petrucci would be the odd man out. Which is lame.

Everyone is waiting on Lorenzo’s decision. Then the dominos will fall into place.

Personally I thinkbthe Mir rumors are being put out there to nudge negotiations. Mir can be patient and is all but guaranteed the #2 HRC bike in 2 yrs.
5/19/2018 3:07pm
Let’s see...

Iannone won on the Ducati
Lorenzo is a back marker

Iannone is 4th in the current championship
Lorenzo is 20th

Iannone asked that they change the Suzuki to suit his style, and they did, effectively making it LESS like the Yamaha that Lorenzo wishes he was back on. So why go back to Lorenzo?

Heck, even Petrucci & Miller are making Lorenzo look bad.

I think it’s obvious Lorenzo is talented, but i also think it’s obvious that he’s not the most talented out of the remaining guys vying for a Factory bike.
hillbilly
5/20/2018 4:37am
Last lap m3 ,check it

Funny interview there with the duc rider talking about teammate who're hey .
KMC440
5/20/2018 5:32am
Med front Hard rear Marquez the only one running them and just working the field.
BMSOBx2
5/20/2018 3:53pm
He could probably have run soft and still won.
Most likely. We're starting to see the Formula 1 / Mercedes syndrome take over MotoGP. There is no one that can touch Marquez. Too bad for Dovi and the Ducati, that get off really hurt his chances for the championship. He's the only one that can keep Marquez honest. Lorenzo's and overpaid whiner. I hope Dovi got good money for his new contract. What's puzzling is the performance of the factory Yamahas.Vinales looks lost and Rossi's only there to pick up the scraps as the people in front of him crash. Meanwhile Zarco out qualifies them every race.WTF? Oh well there's always moto3.
hillbilly
5/20/2018 5:13pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Most likely. We're starting to see the Formula 1 / Mercedes syndrome take over MotoGP. There is no one that can touch Marquez. Too bad for...
Most likely. We're starting to see the Formula 1 / Mercedes syndrome take over MotoGP. There is no one that can touch Marquez. Too bad for Dovi and the Ducati, that get off really hurt his chances for the championship. He's the only one that can keep Marquez honest. Lorenzo's and overpaid whiner. I hope Dovi got good money for his new contract. What's puzzling is the performance of the factory Yamahas.Vinales looks lost and Rossi's only there to pick up the scraps as the people in front of him crash. Meanwhile Zarco out qualifies them every race.WTF? Oh well there's always moto3.
When 93 gets wadded it will take some piss outa him.

Zarco is hungery crazy ,that quali lap was nuts.
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/20/2018 9:24pm
hillbilly wrote:
When 93 gets wadded it will take some piss outa him.

Zarco is hungery crazy ,that quali lap was nuts.
It hasn't yet and he's been involved in some nasty ones
5/20/2018 10:03pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Most likely. We're starting to see the Formula 1 / Mercedes syndrome take over MotoGP. There is no one that can touch Marquez. Too bad for...
Electronics.

Zarco is on a 2015 chassis with older engine & electronics that were sorted out.

Yamaha updated the chassis in 2016 and engine in 2017 significantly. And figuring out the electronics is taking longer than most other teams because...

1. Yamaha only has 2 factory bikes on the grid

2. Yamaha does all of it’s electronics work in house. Whereas every other team either sends techs to Italy for special training with the spec ECU mfg or simply hired away experienced staff from Magneti.

The upside is the long term gains could be huge and will stay proprietary. But boy is it hurting matters in the now.
XXVoid MainXX
5/21/2018 7:33am
I always said to our club they should put in jumps on our road courses. Maybe in the chicanes they could make it so you could go straight and take a jump or take the chicane if you want to play it safe. Smile
JPT
5/21/2018 7:39am
I always said to our club they should put in jumps on our road courses. Maybe in the chicanes they could make it so you could...
I always said to our club they should put in jumps on our road courses. Maybe in the chicanes they could make it so you could go straight and take a jump or take the chicane if you want to play it safe. Smile
I've seen riders get air at the IOM and British Superbike but never get away running over another bike like that.
XXVoid MainXX
5/21/2018 8:04am
Oh yeah, that was definitely crazy. Just glad it was the bike and not the rider.
5/21/2018 9:15am
http://www.speedweek.com/motogp/news/127005/Marc-VDS-Team-Ist-der-Mugel…

Suzuki pulled out of the MarcVDS deal a couple weeks ago. Now the details as to why are becoming VERY clear.

The team manager fires an employee. The employee goes to the team manager and makes claims of embezzlement. The team owner now suspects that 10-15 million euros are missing over the course of the last 8 years.

According to the team manager, only about 24,000 are missing, and it can be accounted for as it's in one of his personal business accounts. Seems like a small amount over the course of 8 years. Especially when you consider the convoluted mess that is their team structure. The team manager has his own management company of which some of the riders are signed too. Some are signed directly to MarcVDS. And even HRC's lease agreement is with the management company, not with the team itself. Which is how he was able to cancel the team's participation in this weeks Barcelona test. The fired manager effectively owns the bikes.

He asked for a 3million euro buyout. MarcVDS told him no. And now it just continues to get uglier by the day. Rumors that they may not make it to Mugello.

FWIW, a VERY similar situation happened between MVDS and it's former manager in auto racing. Forcing the team to pull out and only focus on motorcycles. Some have suspected that this is going to lead to MVDS quitting. Selling their grid spots to Rossi's team.

What. A. Mess.

And what a shame for the sport. We were this close to seeing Suzuki with satellite bikes. MVDS has a ton of former factory team staff and is well funded. The futures of Joan Mir, Alex Marquez, and Morbidelli are now all up in the air at the moment. Thus the reason Joan is looking to jump ship. Just a few weeks ago he was looking at getting a factory Suzuki bike with the MVDS team. Suzuki was set to have Morbidelli & Mir in their pipleline. Now? Nothing. Everyone will be looking to jump ship.

I expect Morbidelli to end up on a customer Ducati or with VR46 if they join and link up with Yamaha.

Mir has a factory Suzuki contract offer on the table (which would be CRUSHING for Lorenzo as Ducati publicly stated that Petrucci has earned #2 Ducati next year). Mir also has a offer from HRC but they want him to wait another year.

I dont expect MVDS to be in the sport next year.
5/25/2018 12:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2018 12:39pm
Ducati's boss says Lorenzo is going to be replaced. My friend in Italy was with Dovi yesterday confirmed as much.

Suzuki just signed Mir.

MVDS Suzuki deal has gone dead and the Yamaha deal is in jeopardy as well. The entire program looks like it's on shaky ground.

Lorenzo is looking at facing retirement or a satellite team. All the factory bikes are basically spoken for. All this while he's got Monster Energy offering 2m euro to whomever signs him. Wow.

His only last hope is a 3rd Yamaha. And Yamaha has publicly said it's a possibility to run a third factory bike. Which is weird considering that if Rossi really did block Zarco, why would he let Lorenzo back in the fold?
5/25/2018 12:43pm Edited Date/Time 5/25/2018 12:44pm
Updated Rider & Team Silly Season with latest rumored moves....

HRC #1 (factory) - MM
HRC #2 (factory) - Pedrosa (until Alex Marquez is ready)
LCR #1 (factory) - Cal
LCR #2 (satellite) - Naka

Ducati #1 (factory) - Dovi
Ducati #2 (factory) - Petrucci
Pramac #1 (factory) - Miller
Pramac #2 (satellite) - Bagnia

KTM #1 (factory) - Zarco
KTM #2 (factory) - Pol
Tech3 #1 (factory) - Olivera
Tech3 #2 (factory) - Fish (factory bike)

Yamaha #1 (factory) - Rossi
Yamaha #2 (factory) - Mav
Yamaha #3 (factory) - Lorenzo???
Does VR46 enter early and bring Morbidelli to Yamaha on a customer bike?

Suzuki #1 (factory) - Rins
Suzuki #2 (factory) - Mir

Aprilia #1 (factory) - Iannone
Aprilia #2 (factory) - Aleix

Aspar #1 (customer) - probably going to stay Ducati
Aspar #2 (customer) - ?

Avintia #1 (customer) - probably going to stay Ducati, although Dorna will try to help them land a deal with Aprilia
Avintia #2 (customer)

I could see MVDS selling their grid spots.
JPT
5/25/2018 7:01pm
Maybe somebody should pick up Jorge for WSBK, see if he could put a damper on Rea.
5/25/2018 8:03pm
JPT wrote:
Maybe somebody should pick up Jorge for WSBK, see if he could put a damper on Rea.
His ego is way too big. Rumor is he is considering retirement if he doesn’t get what he wants.
JPT
5/26/2018 8:46pm
JPT wrote:
His ego is way too big. Rumor is he is considering retirement if he doesn’t get what he wants.
31 and 5 World titles, I can see it.
5/27/2018 10:15pm
JPT wrote:
JPT wrote:
31 and 5 World titles, I can see it.
I can't.

I don't think this is how he expected his career to end and his ego will not allow it to go down like this. On the flip side, his ego wont allow him to ride a satellite bike either. Or take the offer Suzuki made (rumor is he and his manager made asses of themselves when they met with Suzuki).

I think we will see Monster Energy MVDS Yamahas next year. One for Lorenzo (factory spec) and one for Morbidelli (Zarco's old bike).

That'll give Lorenzo 3 years to try for another title, then he can retire, ego intact. Speed up Yamaha's development.

That is... if Rossi allows it. haha
early
Fantasy
2231st
5/28/2018 8:42am Edited Date/Time 5/28/2018 8:42am
I can't. I don't think this is how he expected his career to end and his ego will not allow it to go down like this...
I can't.

I don't think this is how he expected his career to end and his ego will not allow it to go down like this. On the flip side, his ego wont allow him to ride a satellite bike either. Or take the offer Suzuki made (rumor is he and his manager made asses of themselves when they met with Suzuki).

I think we will see Monster Energy MVDS Yamahas next year. One for Lorenzo (factory spec) and one for Morbidelli (Zarco's old bike).

That'll give Lorenzo 3 years to try for another title, then he can retire, ego intact. Speed up Yamaha's development.

That is... if Rossi allows it. haha
Can MVDS get it's act together and tame George enough to be a legit contender?

Post a reply to: MotoGP 2018

The Latest