MotoGP: German GP Discussion Thread

Edited Date/Time 7/12/2012 6:59pm
This just in from the Practice broadcasts...

Hot rumor is that Crutchlow signed his Ducati deal. The Ducati offer had an expiration date (Mugello) and apparently Yamaha still hasnt decided who they are going to give the #2 factory bike to. Crutchlow didnt have time to wait so he took the offer from Ducati.

That leads me to believe that Yamaha really wants Spies to turn it around and they are giving him every chance to give them an excuse to re-sign him.

Dovi is gonna have to stick with Tech 3 alongside Bradly Smith next year.

The #1 Ducati spot is left to either Rossi or Hayden at this point. We can assume that it is Rossi's for the taking.

Rossi's only other option would be Gresini. Who knows where Hayden ends up if Rossi stays with Ducati. Once again Hayden will be getting screwed over. HRC stuck with Pedrosa over Hayden which was a mistake. And now Ducati is going to favor Rossi over Hayden which makes sense financially but makes no sense from a results standpoint. Looks like Hayden might end up at World Superbike. With Checa considering a switch to the satellite BMW team, that would leave a perfect spot for Hayden to land on the factory Ducati bike, especially since they will be debuting the new bike in race trim next year.

Pedrosa has signed a 2 year deal with HRC to remain with the factory team.

Really the last chip to fall is Rossi at this point.

Scott Redding is going to test the Ducati supposedly. Rumored to get a satellite ride next year.

And Simoncelli's father will be presented with Marc's RCV at this race. The actual race bike. For him to keep. Really really really rare and classy move by HRC.
|
7/7/2012 6:02am
Qualifying

Po. Name TeamGap First
1STONER C.Repsol Honda Team1:31.796
2SPIES B.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.193
3PEDROSA D.Repsol Honda Team+0.285
4CRUTCHLOW C.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+0.492
5LORENZO J.Yamaha Factory Racing+0.585
6BRADL S.LCR Honda MotoGP+0.714
7HAYDEN N.Ducati Team+0.999
8DOVIZIOSO A.Monster Yamaha Tech 3+1.409
9ROSSI V.Ducati Team+1.421
10ESPARGARO A.Power Electronics Aspar+2.104
11BAUTISTA A.San Carlo Honda Gresini+2.292
12BARBERA H.Pramac Racing Team+2.746
13EDWARDS C.NGM Mobile Forward Racing+2.853

Rossi was crap this session. Unexplainable.

Hayden and Bradl were great! Bradl got held up by a lapper on the final lap and may have lost out on poll position. The top 7 guys all exchanged the top spot each time they crossed the finish line the final 6 minutes of qualifying as the track started to dry out and conditions improve. Really exciting.

Hayden's got the pace as does Spies. Both have a real shot tomorrow if the conditions stay the same. Expect a dog fight for the win between any of the top 9 guys.
yzthumpa
7/7/2012 7:20am Edited Date/Time 7/7/2012 7:20am
Spies has been really killing it for a while now in qualifying. It was such a disappointment to see his fade at the last race. After reading the comments from The Yamaha guys, I was surprised by how much it seemed they really want to keep him next year. I had considered him all but gone, but it looks like a few podiums might get it done. I guess they know whati isreally going on with him and aren't overly concerned. Man, I hope Nicky doesn't get screwed. I still think Rossi is headed for a factory Honda on a satellitle team. I'm still puzzled by the fact that Rossi always seems a half second slower than Hayden on the Ducati. I just can't picture the small changes headed his way making enough of a difference to keep him around.
JPT
7/7/2012 3:12pm
Remember guys, the race is on an hour earlier tommorrow.
Stoop
Fantasy
767th
7/8/2012 3:51am
these grid chicks are amazing

The Shop

XXVoid MainXX
7/8/2012 4:54am
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stoner really fuked up!
JPT
7/8/2012 5:57am
Crazy race. What happened to Nicky that last lap?
yzthumpa
7/8/2012 8:47am
A this point I'm shocked that Yamaha is so vocal about trying to keep Spies. 2nd in qualifying, then he fades and gets passed by both satellite Yamahas...Dovi is great, will always battle for podiums and is very consistent, but Crutchlow showed this year that he has the potential to take it to another level. I don't know why he isn't getting Spies' ride next year - and I'm a BIG Spies fan. If Hayden could have made the pass on Bradl early, I thonk he could have run with the Dovi/Crutchlow/Spies group, at least until late when the Ducati does it's typical fade. If Hayden were on a satellite Yamaha or Honda, I think he'd be right there in the thick of the second group and post a few podiums along the way. I sure hope the changes coming to the Ducati soon end up making a difference. Nice race by Pedrosa - as much as it pains me to say that.
7/8/2012 9:41am
Stoop wrote:
these grid chicks are amazing
The one reason I miss Suzuki on the grid is because they ALWAYS had the best umbrella girls.
7/8/2012 9:50am
yzthumpa wrote:
A this point I'm shocked that Yamaha is so vocal about trying to keep Spies. 2nd in qualifying, then he fades and gets passed by both...
A this point I'm shocked that Yamaha is so vocal about trying to keep Spies. 2nd in qualifying, then he fades and gets passed by both satellite Yamahas...Dovi is great, will always battle for podiums and is very consistent, but Crutchlow showed this year that he has the potential to take it to another level. I don't know why he isn't getting Spies' ride next year - and I'm a BIG Spies fan. If Hayden could have made the pass on Bradl early, I thonk he could have run with the Dovi/Crutchlow/Spies group, at least until late when the Ducati does it's typical fade. If Hayden were on a satellite Yamaha or Honda, I think he'd be right there in the thick of the second group and post a few podiums along the way. I sure hope the changes coming to the Ducati soon end up making a difference. Nice race by Pedrosa - as much as it pains me to say that.
Yeah, I gotta agree with ya. I dont understand how Yamaha can give the ride to Spies over the other two. I'd give it to Crutchlow if I were them. Dovi will relax once he gets in the factory seat. He rides agressive now because he's hungry but you cannot discount his Italian roots. But the fact remains, Spies is more marketable than both Crutchlow and Dovi combined. And Yamaha is without a title sponsor so any marketability helps.

I dont blame Crutchlow for taking the factory ride at Ducati. That sort of offer doesnt come around often, if ever.

Amazing battles all the way around. Made me wish I had 3 TV's.

The battle between the Ducatis was great. Then when Crutchlow and Bautista joined the fray it got real good. Amazing 4 wide into a corner. Considering Bautista made his soft tire last it makes you wonder who else could have benefited from taking the same gamble (everyone on the grid went with hard's except Bautista).

The battle between the 3 near identical Yamaha's was equally as epic.

Then their was the battle up front. What a blunder by Stoner. He had the championship lead and he tossed it. It began to rain but nonetheless that was the first Ducati-like brain fade since he'd been on the Honda. Now he is going to have to earn this championship legit. The Lorenzo/Bautista incident is a non-factor to all us pundits.

Major credit must be given to Lorenzo. He's as smart as he is talented. He knows when to just settle in and take his points. Stoner could learn a thing or two but that just isnt Stoners style and never will be.

This is shaping up to be a great championship battle.
yzthumpa
7/8/2012 10:28am
I feel bad for the way Nicky is being treated by Ducati. He has been the best " team player" Ducati has had in a long time, never bitching and whining no matter what problems arise. Then when his option deadline comes up, they tell him they can't negotiate until the Audi deal is settled, yet everyone knows they are making the offer to Crutchlow. It does make good business sense on their part, because if Rossi stays they have him and Cruthlow. But if they signed Nicky and waited on Rossi's decision, then Crutchlow takes another ride and Rossi leaves, they are screwed. So grabbing Crutchlow early gives them Rossi/Crutchlow or Hayden/Crutchlow, while waiting too long could have given them Hayden/nobody (or at least nobody they wanted). It's been talked about that if Rossi goes, then Hayden is their #1, but is he really with Crutchlow on board? I would rather see Hayden end up in WSB as a contender than on a CRT in GP.
7/8/2012 10:36am
yzthumpa wrote:
I feel bad for the way Nicky is being treated by Ducati. He has been the best " team player" Ducati has had in a long...
I feel bad for the way Nicky is being treated by Ducati. He has been the best " team player" Ducati has had in a long time, never bitching and whining no matter what problems arise. Then when his option deadline comes up, they tell him they can't negotiate until the Audi deal is settled, yet everyone knows they are making the offer to Crutchlow. It does make good business sense on their part, because if Rossi stays they have him and Cruthlow. But if they signed Nicky and waited on Rossi's decision, then Crutchlow takes another ride and Rossi leaves, they are screwed. So grabbing Crutchlow early gives them Rossi/Crutchlow or Hayden/Crutchlow, while waiting too long could have given them Hayden/nobody (or at least nobody they wanted). It's been talked about that if Rossi goes, then Hayden is their #1, but is he really with Crutchlow on board? I would rather see Hayden end up in WSB as a contender than on a CRT in GP.
Hayden will not end up on a CRT. No way in hell. He's a former World Champ in the premier class. It would never happen.

I get what your saying about DucAudi hedging their bets with Crutchlow, but if they are trying to keep Rossi as much as they say they are, then Hayden makes a way better teammate. Rossi doesnt want to team up with Crutchlow. Cal will be there to embarrass Valentino whereas Hayden knows how to work with Rossi.

And to be honest, Hayden needs to take some of the blame here. He got rid of his manager a while back. (It seems to be a common trend in MotoGP these days) and talks about how nice it is to go it alone. Well, we shouldnt be surprised to hear that Hayden is getting left out in the contract talks if he has no manager. Teams prefer dealing with a intermediary. Riders are paid to ride, they are not paid for their boardroom intellect. They are generally quite dumb outside of the pit box. They need to focus on what they do best which is chasing tail and riding fast. Spies also fired his manager (although for good reason, that guy was shady). Its no coincidence that possibly both of these guys might be left to WSBK as a result.
dougie
7/9/2012 7:36pm
Alot of race craft displayed in Germany. But what Rossi managed in that last lap or two was pretty awesome. You know Nicky has been faster than Val in quite a few qualifiers. But its Rossi whos ahead in the points.

I dont think Dani gets enough credit for how good he is. Crutchlow, great to see that "haga" like ability or tendency to run his front tire just mm's from someones rear tire. How does he get away with that.

I really enjoyed this race. It was 3 races in one (at least what they showed us) I really liked the lap or so that they did with Dani and Casey with just the sound of the engines. That was bitchen.
yzthumpa
7/9/2012 10:26pm
dougie wrote:
Alot of race craft displayed in Germany. But what Rossi managed in that last lap or two was pretty awesome. You know Nicky has been faster...
Alot of race craft displayed in Germany. But what Rossi managed in that last lap or two was pretty awesome. You know Nicky has been faster than Val in quite a few qualifiers. But its Rossi whos ahead in the points.

I dont think Dani gets enough credit for how good he is. Crutchlow, great to see that "haga" like ability or tendency to run his front tire just mm's from someones rear tire. How does he get away with that.

I really enjoyed this race. It was 3 races in one (at least what they showed us) I really liked the lap or so that they did with Dani and Casey with just the sound of the engines. That was bitchen.
While I was watching that race I was wishing I could have a picture-in-picture type of deal to watch multiple battles, or at least an interactive system that would let me choose which battles to watch.
ocscottie
7/12/2012 6:59pm
Dream team for Repsol Honda MotoGP Team
Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) have officially announced this morning a key part of their plans for 2013 and 2014. Riders Dani Pedrosa and Marc Márquez will join forces in the Repsol Honda Team as of next season. The present and future of MotoGP will be combined in a 'dream team' lineup, bringing together Pedrosa's premier class experience and Márquez' youth and potential. Márquez moves up to MotoGP from Moto2 for 2013.
Both riders have achieved tremendous success since debuting in the World Championship with the backing of Repsol. Dani Pedrosa contested his first 125cc season at the age of fifteen and has eleven seasons under his belt representing the energy company. Marc Márquez debuted in 2008, also aged fifteen, and has spent five fruitful years as a Repsol rider on the world stage. In the following interviews, (In Spanish only) the future teammates give their opinions on racing, teamwork, heroes and aspirations.

http://youtu.be/lrhiWdFqEMo

Post a reply to: MotoGP: German GP Discussion Thread

The Latest