MotoGP 2019

BMSOBx2
9/15/2019 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 9/15/2019 7:28pm
Yes it was. Rookie Quatrero in second on the Yamaha with a great last lap duel with Marquez , Vinales & Rossi on his home track in 4th, Dovi on the Ducati and Espargero on the KTM. Good job. I miss jobrani.
Ted722
9/17/2019 9:11am
Watched last night. Amazing how well those bikes work. The riders ain’t too bad either! Haha. Road racing puts such an emphasis/strain on the mind and concentration and that was on full display at that circuit. 👌🏼
JPT
9/17/2019 11:42am
With about 4 more mph it could have been a different outcome.

Anybody watch the Moto3? Crazy. McPhee did a great job.

The Shop

BMSOBx2
9/17/2019 5:31pm
Wow, that's big. They're keeping him on contract so he can't go ride for anybody else before next season. Smart. MotoGP is becoming like the NFL. If you don't like your current situation you just break your contract and go. Antonio Brown comes to mind. KTM has put a lot of money and effort into their program and they're becoming competitive. Within the next two years they'll be running at the front. With Zarkos talent they could do it in a year. Big mistake.
tunedlength
9/17/2019 9:31pm
JPT wrote:
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Wow, that's big. They're keeping him on contract so he can't go ride for anybody else before next season. Smart. MotoGP is becoming like the NFL...
Wow, that's big. They're keeping him on contract so he can't go ride for anybody else before next season. Smart. MotoGP is becoming like the NFL. If you don't like your current situation you just break your contract and go. Antonio Brown comes to mind. KTM has put a lot of money and effort into their program and they're becoming competitive. Within the next two years they'll be running at the front. With Zarkos talent they could do it in a year. Big mistake.
Big mistake for Zarco or KTM?
JPT
9/18/2019 10:32am
Zarco doesn't seem to be able to solve the KTM riddle. This is best for both. I want KTM to be competitive and would like to see him get a ride that shows what he can do.
BMSOBx2
9/18/2019 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2019 1:17pm
I think it's a mistake for Zarko. Apparently he isn't a very good development rider though. They could build a bike around him just like Honda has for Marquez and Yamaha did for Lorenzo. He's young and wants to win now so I can't really blame him for wanting out but I think KTMs on the upswing and will be very competitive soon.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/18/2019 1:36pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
I think it's a mistake for Zarko. Apparently he isn't a very good development rider though. They could build a bike around him just like Honda...
I think it's a mistake for Zarko. Apparently he isn't a very good development rider though. They could build a bike around him just like Honda has for Marquez and Yamaha did for Lorenzo. He's young and wants to win now so I can't really blame him for wanting out but I think KTMs on the upswing and will be very competitive soon.
Seems like success on the Yamaha does not equal success on other brands. Rossi, Lorenzo, Zarco, and Crutchlow all had trouble moving past the M1.
BMSOBx2
9/18/2019 3:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/18/2019 3:56pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
I think it's a mistake for Zarko. Apparently he isn't a very good development rider though. They could build a bike around him just like Honda...
early wrote:
Seems like success on the Yamaha does not equal success on other brands. Rossi, Lorenzo, Zarco, and Crutchlow all had trouble moving past the M1.
But yet the consensus is the Yamaha is easiest to ride. Witness the success of the tech 3 Yamaha teams of the last two years and the current competitiveness of the non factory Yamaha teams. The Honda is specifically tailored to a particular Rider's preferences. In Ducati's case even though Rossi told them what worked and what didn't they were unwilling to change their specification to suit the Riders wishes and insisted on sticking with their failed frame design. Crutchlow has said the Honda is hard to ride because it's tailored specifically to Marquez, & no one Rides like Marquez or has that particular set of skills. Zarco won on the Yamaha. He's missed his chance at KTM.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/18/2019 8:30pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
But yet the consensus is the Yamaha is easiest to ride. Witness the success of the tech 3 Yamaha teams of the last two years and...
But yet the consensus is the Yamaha is easiest to ride. Witness the success of the tech 3 Yamaha teams of the last two years and the current competitiveness of the non factory Yamaha teams. The Honda is specifically tailored to a particular Rider's preferences. In Ducati's case even though Rossi told them what worked and what didn't they were unwilling to change their specification to suit the Riders wishes and insisted on sticking with their failed frame design. Crutchlow has said the Honda is hard to ride because it's tailored specifically to Marquez, & no one Rides like Marquez or has that particular set of skills. Zarco won on the Yamaha. He's missed his chance at KTM.
If I'm looking for a rider to develop a bike that's rough around the edges a guy that's going well on a Honda or Ducati is probably a better bet than one going fast on a Yamaha.
G-man
9/18/2019 9:31pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Yes it was. Rookie Quatrero in second on the Yamaha with a great last lap duel with Marquez , Vinales & Rossi on his home track...
Yes it was. Rookie Quatrero in second on the Yamaha with a great last lap duel with Marquez , Vinales & Rossi on his home track in 4th, Dovi on the Ducati and Espargero on the KTM. Good job. I miss jobrani.
Finally got to watch that race last night very exciting I was so hoping that Quatrero could hold him off but was Marquez breathing down your neck the whole race he finally cracked.

Wasn't really even a mistake Marquez is just incredible and forces the issue, then Fabio passed him back but alas could not keep him at Bay.

That kid has great potential he's going to get a huge contract upgrade for next year.

Zarco, what a disappointment, just could not adjust to the KTM must be a totally different animal than what he's used to. Will be interesting to see where he ends up. Wherever that may be I hope he gets smoked by the KTMs hahaGrinning
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
9/19/2019 12:40am
I am the only one telling everybody that Zarco wasn't such an perfect alien prodigy. He had his glorious moments on Yamaha but when he had off-day off he was around 12th anyway. nowadays it seems that Zarco is done 4. Kallio will replace him for the rest of the season. Hopefully Quartararo won't follow in his foot steps.
Fox88
Fantasy
22nd
9/22/2019 5:05am
got up early hoping for another good race...

snooze fest
JPT
9/22/2019 7:10pm
Fox88 wrote:
got up early hoping for another good race...

snooze fest
Between Marquez and the Duc's having so much top end on everyone else it was disappointing.
early
Fantasy
2212th
10/4/2019 8:20am
I just downloaded those same pictures to post them g-man. Pretty cool look inside a cf swingarm broken in half.
10/4/2019 8:20am
That was a serious crash! The bike just went! Had to be a dirty tire.

Regardless, Dude got up and walked it off. Wtf. Tougher than shit. They would have had to call the coroner if that was me.

He did have a get off at Mugello going 210mph. Which I still consider his craziest crash. He was going so fast when he hit the ground. I have no idea how he walked away unscathed:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5g9pti

early
Fantasy
2212th
10/4/2019 8:45am
That was a serious crash! The bike just went! Had to be a dirty tire. Regardless, Dude got up and walked it off. Wtf. Tougher than...

Regardless, Dude got up and walked it off. Wtf. Tougher than shit. They would have had to call the coroner if that was me.

He did have a get off at Mugello going 210mph. Which I still consider his craziest crash. He was going so fast when he hit the ground. I have no idea how he walked away unscathed:

Air suits and track design have progressed the sport so much.
G-man
10/4/2019 12:43pm
early wrote:
I just downloaded those same pictures to post them g-man. Pretty cool look inside a cf swingarm broken in half.
I was "early"! Woohoo
G-man
10/4/2019 12:45pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2019 12:46pm
That was a serious crash! The bike just went! Had to be a dirty tire. Regardless, Dude got up and walked it off. Wtf. Tougher than...

I can't believe what Marc gets away with! 😲
BMSOBx2
10/16/2019 10:14am
JPT wrote:
I wonder how crutchlow feels about that. Kudos to KTM for allowing zarco out of his contract and give him this opportunity. I will be very interested to see how he fares on the Honda compared to another ex Yamaha Rider Lorenzo's results.
JPT
10/16/2019 1:55pm
JPT wrote:
BMSOBx2 wrote:
I wonder how crutchlow feels about that. Kudos to KTM for allowing zarco out of his contract and give him this opportunity. I will be very...
I wonder how crutchlow feels about that. Kudos to KTM for allowing zarco out of his contract and give him this opportunity. I will be very interested to see how he fares on the Honda compared to another ex Yamaha Rider Lorenzo's results.
Cal's had mediocre results this year, 9th in the standings so guessing he'll have some concerns. Wonder what Jorge's contract looks like?
indy_maico
10/17/2019 6:37am
JPT wrote:
Zarco may just be jumping from the frying pan into the fire with that move.

It seems that only Marquez can make the Honda work.

Crutchlow can do it once in awhile, but ends up on the ground just as often.

Lorenzo may be finished now after going to Honda.
Motofinne
10/19/2019 11:41pm
Pretty sad to see Rossis time as a top rider come to an end here and now, he is pretty comfortably the worst of the Yamahas and now he crashed out of the Motegi GP.
BMSOBx2
10/20/2019 4:22pm
Crutchlow in 5th obviously the zarco news has provided an incentive. Rossi and Vinales can't run with their contract teams. WTF? Lorenzo 17th while his teammate runs away with the championship.
JPT
10/20/2019 4:46pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Crutchlow in 5th obviously the zarco news has provided an incentive. Rossi and Vinales can't run with their contract teams. WTF? Lorenzo 17th while his teammate...
Crutchlow in 5th obviously the zarco news has provided an incentive. Rossi and Vinales can't run with their contract teams. WTF? Lorenzo 17th while his teammate runs away with the championship.
Val needs to retire and manage his team. Lorenzo? After what happened at Ducati who knows?
10/20/2019 6:56pm
It’s time for for Val to step aside for Quartararo. He has had his day in the sun. Wonder how many millions he is worth.

I’m ready for MM93 to have some real competition talent wise.

Post a reply to: MotoGP 2019

The Latest