MotoGP 2019

4/19/2019 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/20/2019 12:59am
I mean i have soft spot for the AE41 thanks to his zook seasons. He did great job there and big part of the Silverstone 2016...
I mean i have soft spot for the AE41 thanks to his zook seasons. He did great job there and big part of the Silverstone 2016 win belongs to him.

I used to strongly dislike AI29 after he was snatched by zook and the first season on the showed i was kinda right but then in 2018 they molded their poop together and made the right calls on the right places so i can't dislike him.

Aprilia is good but the reliability used to be issue in the previuos seasons. Hopefully it really is factory effort this season so they can surprize.
That 2016 win in Silverstone was due to Ohlins.

The factory suspension techs/engineers are the paddock talent currently in the shortest supply according to those in the know.

It’s basically one brand supporting all (except KTM) the bikes. Wherever Ohlins sends their best techs that weekend usually determines the race results. Teams with the biggest budgets get the better techs.

It was theorized that Suzuki was thrown a bone that weekend at the request of Dorna so they could get Maverick a win.

Very similar to worx tires in SX/MX. Certain riders get the good stuff, certain get the leftovers, the rest are on production stuff. Makes a huge difference on raceday.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
4/19/2019 10:47pm
Really? It sees like tinfoil hat theory to me.
4/20/2019 12:58am
Really? It sees like tinfoil hat theory to me.
I wish I had the tweet saved from the motoGP journalist that pointed it out. He even named the special Ohlins tech that went over to Suzuki for that race.

He normally is in the HRC garage.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
4/20/2019 2:37am
I mean anything is possible in this day and age but even ten miraculous suspension experts wouldn't put 2015 Zook without seemless gearbox on the podium not speaking about win, so that's that...

The Shop

BMSOBx2
5/4/2019 9:39am
How is it that the B Team yamaha's sit on the pole while the factory guys are 5th and 13th? Obviously a one-lap strategy. Jerez has the shortest straight on the entire calendar. Ducati won't have an advantage there. Interested to see how this plays out.
KMC440
5/5/2019 3:41am Edited Date/Time 5/5/2019 3:45am
Tough start in Moto2 GP ...
Absolute high side from hell...
Wow they got Alex back out .
Berni
5/5/2019 1:11pm
Today I was in The Jerez GP... It is massive, literally thousands of bikes every town you go in the area, being the biggest crowd in Puerto de Santamaría (look for it in YouTube if you want to know what a huge party the previous day's to the GP becomes...)

I did not took many photos but I leave some here so you guys can get an idea.. (the park site photos are from yesterday for qualifying.... Today was double that, it is a shame I did not take photos of that today)

JPT
5/5/2019 1:29pm
MotoGP2 start was a yard sale. A mass crash on a straight is worse than in a turn.
BMSOBx2
5/7/2019 1:30pm
With jobrani apparently on a timeout no one's commenting. Marquez wins again on the Honda Rins on a Suzuki in a fine second place and then Vinales on the Yamaha in 3rd, Dovi on the Ducati in 4th Petrucci on another Ducati in 5th and Rossi in 6th from 13th on the grid. Crybaby Lorenzo on the Honda in 12th. Maybe he needs a different gas tank. Looks like Suzuki is for real.
jgmxdad251
5/7/2019 6:26pm Edited Date/Time 5/7/2019 7:34pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
With jobrani apparently on a timeout no one's commenting. Marquez wins again on the Honda Rins on a Suzuki in a fine second place and then...
With jobrani apparently on a timeout no one's commenting. Marquez wins again on the Honda Rins on a Suzuki in a fine second place and then Vinales on the Yamaha in 3rd, Dovi on the Ducati in 4th Petrucci on another Ducati in 5th and Rossi in 6th from 13th on the grid. Crybaby Lorenzo on the Honda in 12th. Maybe he needs a different gas tank. Looks like Suzuki is for real.
He was fifth fastest Honda on the day and it sounds like Espargaro forgot what lap he was on or he would of got 13th. I still think he will figure it out by mid season and challenge for wins.
5/8/2019 11:15am
Jorge is a head case. If you guys caught FP2 they were talking about his rear sets and how they are adjustable whereas Marc’s have only one position. Seems to me like a finicky rider who can’t ride around something that isn’t perfect. I thought that was interesting. I have known MX riders like this.

And I’m liking Rins.. it appears the guy isn’t intimidated by the aliens at all. I haven’t seen how he responds in hand to hand combat but I look forward to some Marquez Rins paint swapping in the near future. Cheers to Suzuki for delivering a competitive machine.
jgmxdad251
5/8/2019 3:19pm
Jorge is a head case. If you guys caught FP2 they were talking about his rear sets and how they are adjustable whereas Marc’s have only...
Jorge is a head case. If you guys caught FP2 they were talking about his rear sets and how they are adjustable whereas Marc’s have only one position. Seems to me like a finicky rider who can’t ride around something that isn’t perfect. I thought that was interesting. I have known MX riders like this.

And I’m liking Rins.. it appears the guy isn’t intimidated by the aliens at all. I haven’t seen how he responds in hand to hand combat but I look forward to some Marquez Rins paint swapping in the near future. Cheers to Suzuki for delivering a competitive machine.
No doubt he is a head case but, when he is on he’s hard to beat. Rins needs to qualify a little better so he can challenge Marquez. I think he’s the toughest competition to Marquez. It’s looks like the championship is down to 4 guys, MM,AR,AD and Rossi.
XXVoid MainXX
5/8/2019 5:23pm
I can see why Jorge might want adjustable rearsets on a new bike (to him) and wanting to figure out where to get everything set to work the best for him on that bike. Once he figures it out they could just make non-adjustable ones for him as well. I'm actually surprised Marc doesn't have adjustables. I figured everyone did.
Crush
5/10/2019 3:56am
Jorge is a head case. If you guys caught FP2 they were talking about his rear sets and how they are adjustable whereas Marc’s have only...

jgmxdad251 wrote:
No doubt he is a head case but, when he is on he’s hard to beat. Rins needs to qualify a little better so he can...
No doubt he is a head case but, when he is on he’s hard to beat. Rins needs to qualify a little better so he can challenge Marquez. I think he’s the toughest competition to Marquez. It’s looks like the championship is down to 4 guys, MM,AR,AD and Rossi.
Jorge is also an intensely unlikeable cunt. Fuck-knows how you'd barrack for him, what a pissant.
jgmxdad251
5/10/2019 5:51am

jgmxdad251 wrote:
No doubt he is a head case but, when he is on he’s hard to beat. Rins needs to qualify a little better so he can...
Crush wrote:
Jorge is also an intensely unlikeable cunt. Fuck-knows how you'd barrack for him, what a pissant.
I assume barrack means root for. I’m not rooting for him, I am a Rossi fan. Although without wins, I don’t think Rossi has a real shot at this title.
G-man
5/10/2019 3:18pm
Berni wrote:
Today I was in The Jerez GP... It is massive, literally thousands of bikes every town you go in the area, being the biggest crowd in...
Today I was in The Jerez GP... It is massive, literally thousands of bikes every town you go in the area, being the biggest crowd in Puerto de Santamaría (look for it in YouTube if you want to know what a huge party the previous day's to the GP becomes...)

I did not took many photos but I leave some here so you guys can get an idea.. (the park site photos are from yesterday for qualifying.... Today was double that, it is a shame I did not take photos of that today)

Awesome, thanks for sharing that's on my bucket list for sure going to Spain to see a Moto GP that and Isle of Man.
G-man
5/10/2019 3:20pm Edited Date/Time 5/10/2019 3:23pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
With jobrani apparently on a timeout no one's commenting. Marquez wins again on the Honda Rins on a Suzuki in a fine second place and then...
Jobroni on timeout??
What did he do. This can't be true!

I thought he had inside connections with the Repsol Honda team! Woohoo

Yeah Marquez is dominant once again and I also am liking Rins on the Suzuki.

Jorge-- what an idiot gives up one of the best bikes in The Paddock riding for more money than you can make on Honda and now is a back of the packer!!!
KMC440
5/19/2019 6:50am Edited Date/Time 5/19/2019 6:52am
Again ... Can we just put every rider on Moto3 bikes and separate them by times/ability. Sure would be more fun than the inevitable "race for second".
JPT
5/19/2019 7:38am
KMC440 wrote:
Again ... Can we just put every rider on Moto3 bikes and separate them by times/ability. Sure would be more fun than the inevitable "race for...
Again ... Can we just put every rider on Moto3 bikes and separate them by times/ability. Sure would be more fun than the inevitable "race for second".
Something.
BMSOBx2
5/19/2019 1:02pm
Marquez and Honda are starting to become like Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes. Everyone's Racing for second apparently. Dovi, Petrucci and Miller on Ducatis ahead of Rossi in 5th and Espargero on the KTM. Great result. Rossi's Yamaha 6 miles an hour slower than the Honda and Ducatis. Lorenzo in 11th and he would have been farther down if several people hadn't crashed ahead of him. What a joke. Suzuki's nowhere this week. Strange.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
5/21/2019 2:49am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Marquez and Honda are starting to become like Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes. Everyone's Racing for second apparently. Dovi, Petrucci and Miller on Ducatis ahead of Rossi...
Marquez and Honda are starting to become like Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes. Everyone's Racing for second apparently. Dovi, Petrucci and Miller on Ducatis ahead of Rossi in 5th and Espargero on the KTM. Great result. Rossi's Yamaha 6 miles an hour slower than the Honda and Ducatis. Lorenzo in 11th and he would have been farther down if several people hadn't crashed ahead of him. What a joke. Suzuki's nowhere this week. Strange.
as a Zook fanboi i have to admit that it was huge let down. but since Mavs 3rd place in 2016 Zook was always able to be on the edge of TOP10 in LeMans... So i should see that coming.
Crush
5/21/2019 5:25am
jgmxdad251 wrote:
Crush wrote:
jgmxdad251 wrote:
I assume barrack means root for. I’m not rooting for him, I am a Rossi fan. Although without wins, I don’t think Rossi has a real...
I assume barrack means root for. I’m not rooting for him, I am a Rossi fan. Although without wins, I don’t think Rossi has a real shot at this title.
Yep, barrack equals cheer on or root for... which down here is weird. If I root someone, well, they're rooted.
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
5/21/2019 6:20am Edited Date/Time 5/21/2019 6:20am
KMC440 wrote:
Again ... Can we just put every rider on Moto3 bikes and separate them by times/ability. Sure would be more fun than the inevitable "race for...
Oh boi... Just try to remember Moto3 season 2017... Jian Mir OWNED... no, he POWNED everyone... He was just riding in the front pack, then 5 laps to go he switched to a different level... noone was able to accept his pace and he just won... Or just won start-finish style.

But not every1 is able to fold himself on Moto3 bike from MotoGP field...
BMSOBx2
6/1/2019 8:26am Edited Date/Time 6/1/2019 8:27am
Marquez on Pole with the new lap record at mugello home of the Rabid Rossi fans who must be very disappointed. Quartarero & Mobidelli 2 Yamahas in the top four who must surely be riding their asses off to achieve that as they are 10 to 12 kph slower than the Honda and Ducatis on the straight with Petrucci in 3rd, Miller, Crutchlow, Vinales on the factory Yamaha, Bagnaia & Dovizioso in 9th? Holy s***. Lorenzo, Rossi, and zarco 17th 18th and 19th. Wow. So it looks to be a Marquez Runaway while the rest of the so-called players struggle to come towards the front. Could see some new names on the podium. Maybe even a KTM which is much faster than the factory Yamahas. As a side note Dovi on the Ducati set a new top speed record for MotoGP at 221 miles per hour with Marquez just a tick Behind. The Hondas have definitely caught up in the top speed Wars.
early
Fantasy
2212th
6/2/2019 7:38am
What a race!
JPT
6/2/2019 5:54pm
Thought it was going to be another MM93 snoozer but not the way it turned out. If Rins had another 3 to 4mph it would have been even better.

Post a reply to: MotoGP 2019

The Latest