MotoGP 2019

JPT
3/30/2019 8:10am
You know what, I totally missed the most obvious part about this aero protest debacle.... If the solution was the FIM admitting they screwed up and...
You know what, I totally missed the most obvious part about this aero protest debacle....

If the solution was the FIM admitting they screwed up and banning the part, Im a moron for ever expecting the FIM to fall on the sword.

The answer was so simple all along.

And now the rumor is multiple other teams have tried to get their rear swingarm aero approved and have been denied this week. What a shitshow. I expect Yamaha, Honda, and Aprilia to have them on their bikes very soon anyways.

On to free practice... the Aprilias and KTMs continue to show improvement. I love the underdogs so naturally Im interested in their results. Especially since Zarco & Iannone are two of my favorites.

I cant wait for practice and qualifying tomorrow. Everyone is on their game.
Agreed on KTM and Aprillia. I like more competitive brands on the grid. And Zarco and the Mad Man are fun to watch.
early
Fantasy
2231st
3/30/2019 11:49am
Alright, who didn't torque the sprocket bolts?
KMC440
3/30/2019 3:45pm
Quali on Bein tv

Yeah it's on delay but I was busy today

The Shop

BMSOBx2
3/30/2019 3:47pm
early wrote:
Alright, who didn't torque the sprocket bolts? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/03/30/335066/s1200_IMG_20190330_144559568.jpg[/img]
Alright, who didn't torque the sprocket bolts?
Is that an aerodynamic device?Laughing
XXVoid MainXX
3/31/2019 8:57am
Had a hard time finding a stream that wasn't buffering badly but finally found one. Hope I didn't jinx it.
Fox88
Fantasy
35th
3/31/2019 10:15am
count me in as a new remy gardner fan!
motogrady
3/31/2019 10:27am
Crush wrote:
It's essentially creating a lot more grip under braking... they basically endo in to every corner, now their back tyre is actually efficiently contributing to braking...
It's essentially creating a lot more grip under braking... they basically endo in to every corner, now their back tyre is actually efficiently contributing to braking.

Since they have a motor advantage already, it's pretty big and I get why the other manufacturers would be pissed.... If Ducati can brake late, accelerate early and get through the turns at least as good as some of the others it's a big advantage.

I don't like the aero packages, but I do like the innovation aspect. Does that make sense?
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Do you really think it creates that much more grip? Not very big airfoil surface if that's the case. Props to Ducati for being smarter than...
Do you really think it creates that much more grip? Not very big airfoil surface if that's the case. Props to Ducati for being smarter than everybody else. I'm all for innovation.
I'll say it. It the Spanish in Madrid just doing what they do. That is everything they can to defeat the Italians, any way possible.

Business as usual in the Spanish GPs.
3/31/2019 10:44am
Ducati was able to show data that revealed their rear aero had a side effect that resulted in cooling the tire by 7 degrees.

I say “side effect” in jest. It’s clear that it’s primary function is aero downforce for grip. But if Ducati claims it was designed to cool the tire, and it indeed does, then the asro benefits are just a unrelated & unintended benefit as far as FIM is concerned.

Time for Honda to add a turbo to their engine. Designed to “cool the air intake”. That just also happens to force induction ???.
KMC440
3/31/2019 11:18am
Nice to see some bite in Rossi's bark !
XXVoid MainXX
3/31/2019 11:47am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 11:48am
There is a God and he came in 2nd!
KMC440
3/31/2019 11:50am
These bikes are all at 11's on the scale of what's possible. So how in the hell does Marq pull that freaking gap !?!
I'm talking to you too Lorenzo.
3/31/2019 12:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 3:34pm
KMC440 wrote:
These bikes are all at 11's on the scale of what's possible. So how in the hell does Marq pull that freaking gap !?! I'm talking...
These bikes are all at 11's on the scale of what's possible. So how in the hell does Marq pull that freaking gap !?!
I'm talking to you too Lorenzo.
I'd love to hear Marc's opinion of this 2019 bike versus his all-time favorite bike (the 2015).

If they've finally built one that he thinks is better, the rest of the field is in real trouble because Honda is STILL behind on setup & testing of this new bike. With each race they will get closer to maximizing this bike's potential and that is bad news for the rest of the field.

Lorenzo is really blowing it. So glad I defended Ducati last year. Not backing off my stance one bit. But I'd like to ask where are the British media to blame the manufacturer for his results? Funny how that works.

The Ducati vs Yamaha battle for the podium was very fun to watch. Such contrasting styles and all 6 riders love to swap paint.

I find the dynamic between Petrucci & Miller fascinating. Miller is tasked with working on testing parts all weekend. Petrucci is busy doing setup & race simulations to better assist Dovi. And then come qualifying & race time they're finally allowed to worry about themselves. What a battle this will be all year. Miller is the real deal, he's showing great racecraft, he's always had the talent. ..... and it looks like Pecco is not stealing that factory bike from these 2 next year. He's been VERY underwhelming.

Poor Cal. I did not see a jump start there. Didnt deserve a ride thru. There go his championship contention hopes.

Zarco & Iannone need to get out of their emotions and accept where they are and make the best of it. Really poor results by them on bikes both capable of better. They're getting embarrassed their teammates who are riding with a purpose.

Poor mistake by Morbidelli. He was riding great. Sucks for Maverick also but he's his own worst enemy. His starts are horrible. Where did the 2017 Maverick go???

And if Yamaha can improve the bike, Rossi is going to be in this championship hunt. But he and Dovi are going to need help from Rins to steal points from Marc. But that will have to wait until after the next race, because we all know Marc is going to easily win at COTA.
jgmxdad251
3/31/2019 12:21pm
Great racing again! Great ride by baldi and remy. Wish they would put Taka on the current Honda, he is doing really well this year. Sucks for Cal didn’t see the jump start.
JPT
3/31/2019 12:51pm
The Triumphs seem to suit Remy just fine.
XXVoid MainXX
3/31/2019 5:24pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 5:29pm
Actually, after reading that he admitted that he moved so I don't feel so bad for him. The rule is you can't move, regardless if engaging your clutch or not. Nobody else moved. Yes, it's a very hard penalty for such a small infraction but hell guys I race against have gotten the same penalty for the exact same thing here in the minor leagues. Cal, don't move next time. You hold the brake until the light goes out.
EDIT: I also think he owes Freddie Spencer an apology.
XXVoid MainXX
3/31/2019 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2019 5:53pm
Actually, after reading the MotoGP rulebook I take that back. Their rules are different than our rules in the minor leagues. We can't move forward "at all" once the 2 board comes up. We would get a penalty for any forward movement, even 1 centimeter, even if no advantage was gained. MotoGP rules are different. I don't think he should have been penalized:

14. A red light will be displayed for between 2 and 5 seconds. The red
light will go out to start the race

A safety car will follow behind the motorcycles for the whole of the
first lap. The safety car will overtake slow riders.

If the red lights’ device is fed by normal power (electricity) supply,
it must also be connected to a set of car batteries or to an U.P.S.
(Uninterruptible Power System) to provide power to the starting lights’
device if the electric line breaks down just at the moment of the start.

Any rider who anticipates the start will be required to carry out the
ride through described under article 1.19.

The motorcycle must be stationary at the time the red lights are
turned off. Anticipation of the start is defined by the motorcycle
moving forward at the time the red lights are turned off.

In the case of a minor movement and subsequent stop whilst the red
lights are on, the designated officials will be the sole judge of whether
an advantage has been gained.

If a penalty is imposed for taking advantage by anticipating the start
the Race Direction must communicate the penalty to the rider as soon
as possible.
3/31/2019 7:53pm
Actually, after reading the MotoGP rulebook I take that back. Their rules are different than our rules in the minor leagues. We can't move forward "at...
Actually, after reading the MotoGP rulebook I take that back. Their rules are different than our rules in the minor leagues. We can't move forward "at all" once the 2 board comes up. We would get a penalty for any forward movement, even 1 centimeter, even if no advantage was gained. MotoGP rules are different. I don't think he should have been penalized:

14. A red light will be displayed for between 2 and 5 seconds. The red
light will go out to start the race

A safety car will follow behind the motorcycles for the whole of the
first lap. The safety car will overtake slow riders.

If the red lights’ device is fed by normal power (electricity) supply,
it must also be connected to a set of car batteries or to an U.P.S.
(Uninterruptible Power System) to provide power to the starting lights’
device if the electric line breaks down just at the moment of the start.

Any rider who anticipates the start will be required to carry out the
ride through described under article 1.19.

The motorcycle must be stationary at the time the red lights are
turned off. Anticipation of the start is defined by the motorcycle
moving forward at the time the red lights are turned off.

In the case of a minor movement and subsequent stop whilst the red
lights are on, the designated officials will be the sole judge of whether
an advantage has been gained.

If a penalty is imposed for taking advantage by anticipating the start
the Race Direction must communicate the penalty to the rider as soon
as possible.
Yep. No advantage was gained. It was minor balancing. Not a “early start”. Freddie Spencer is a racer and should be able to differentiate the nuances.
4/1/2019 4:30pm
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/917027/1/lorenzo-it-s-unbelievable-wh…

This article is so full of ??????. Each excuse & comment is better than before. I cant stop laughing.

Lorenzo makes it so easy to despise him.

Marc won a title with a destroyed shoulder. Pedrosa regularly finished towards the front while held together with duct tape. Cal is a front runner this year on only one foot.

And here is poor ol JLo... incapable of beating Karel Abraham.
4/1/2019 8:11pm
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/917027/1/lorenzo-it-s-unbelievable-what-s-happening#block-load-comments-ajax-load-comments-ajax This article is so full of ??????. Each excuse & comment is better than before. I cant stop laughing. Lorenzo makes it so easy to...
https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/917027/1/lorenzo-it-s-unbelievable-wh…

This article is so full of ??????. Each excuse & comment is better than before. I cant stop laughing.

Lorenzo makes it so easy to despise him.

Marc won a title with a destroyed shoulder. Pedrosa regularly finished towards the front while held together with duct tape. Cal is a front runner this year on only one foot.

And here is poor ol JLo... incapable of beating Karel Abraham.
Agreed... dude needs to harden the fuck up.
JPT
4/2/2019 2:20pm
Never have seen a rider of such extremes as Jorge.
4/5/2019 4:27pm
Reminder that good quality videos of the races show up here a few hours after the race if you don't want to fight with the streams...
Reminder that good quality videos of the races show up here a few hours after the race if you don't want to fight with the streams:

http://fullmatchsports.com/motogp-2019-argentina-gp-race-replay/
They show practice?

They show WSBK also?
XXVoid MainXX
4/5/2019 5:11pm
I don't think they have WSBK but at the bottom of that link you can see all of these for Argentina:

MotoGP Practice 1 & 2
MotoGP Practice 3 & 4
MotoGP Qualifying
Moto2 Qualifying
Moto3 Qualifying
MotoGP Race 720p
MotoGP Race 1080p
Moto2 Race
Moto3 Race
Small Size Race
4/13/2019 4:59pm
They canceled 3rd practice?

Seems like it totally wrecked Dovi’s approach to qualifying. Which is unacceptable IMO.

NOBODY in the paddock has a better situation than Dovi. He’s got Jack handling all the testing mule duties for him. He’s got Petrucci working on tire & race simulation stuff for FP1 & FP2. Jack & Petrux really dont get to start worrying about themselves until the 2nd half of FP3. The rest of the time they’re sacrificing for Dovi’s benefit.

It’s the equivalent of Dovi getting 7 free practice sessions prior to Qualifying.

Not qualifying on the front row if you’re in a situation like Dovi’s is quite unacceptable.

You think Maverick is there to assist Rossi? They barely wanna share data. You think Jorge is there to help Marc? Is Iannone any assistance to Aleix? Pol aint doing Zarco any favors.

Dovi has a very unique opportunity afforded him. Im disappointed that he’s not able to maximize the situation.

It might turn out over time that we learn Petrucci or Jack would be the better fit for the #1 bike role.

Post a reply to: MotoGP 2019

The Latest