MotoGP

BMSOBx2
I'm thinking the Qatar thread may be misleading. The latest Argentine GP was a complete cluster. I get why they didn't make everybody start from the pit lane, that would have been dangerous. I think Miller got hosed though. Should have given him more of an advantage for being the only one with enough balls to start on slicks. At any rate Marquez was obviously the class of the field,dumb ass, stalling your bike, pushing it backwards on the grid should have started from pit lane, really? I guess the rules don't apply to the world champion. So after the fact they assess him a penalty and he crashes his way through the field plowing guys out of the way, culminating in shoving Rossi off the road and into the grass. So they give him another after the fact penalty for rough riding and general idiocy. They should have Black flaged his ass. He cheated Rossi out of 6th Place points. Best rider in the world and he's a total ass. I don't blame Rossi's friends for telling him to get the f*** out of their pits after the race. Apology my ass. Too late for that.
|
motogrady
4/8/2018 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 4/8/2018 5:53pm

Oh, the drama!

Agreed, they should have given Miller a lap head start, at least.

And yes, Marquez, especially after the Rossi thing, imo a black flag would not have been out of line.

Woulda been cool to see the Aussie pull it off, was surprised he cracked.
I mean, he was on pace till what, 6 laps to go.

But hey, give the Englisman his due, nice to see a UK rider up there for a change.

Did Rossies camp look like a gang straight out of The Godfather or what with MM after the race.!?
BMSOBx2
4/8/2018 7:35pm
I'm thinking Mark was lucky he didn't get his ass kicked.
4/9/2018 12:12pm
Just been watching old clips of Rossi taking out Gibernau and Marquez....pot,kettle,black

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2212th
4/9/2018 12:22pm
I was impressed by Rins. That dude was riding the wheels off that Suzuki to stay with the other bikes at the front.
BMSOBx2
4/9/2018 1:28pm
Just been watching old clips of Rossi taking out Gibernau and Marquez....pot,kettle,black
Racing hard is one thing, racing Reckless is another.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/9/2018 1:34pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
MM got more of a penalty than Rossi did for taking him out the a couple of years ago, at least Rossi had a chance to score points from his back of grid penalty, where the relagation put MM out of the points,

Rossi has had plenty of rough riding in the past, so it is the pot calling the kettle black, although Stoners line of his Ambition outweighed his talent is probably the best line in any motorsports press conference,
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
4/9/2018 1:57pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
scott_nz wrote:
MM got more of a penalty than Rossi did for taking him out the a couple of years ago, at least Rossi had a chance to...
MM got more of a penalty than Rossi did for taking him out the a couple of years ago, at least Rossi had a chance to score points from his back of grid penalty, where the relagation put MM out of the points,

Rossi has had plenty of rough riding in the past, so it is the pot calling the kettle black, although Stoners line of his Ambition outweighed his talent is probably the best line in any motorsports press conference,
Ya, a quote by the dude who has 2 GP championships, a few less than Rossi haha
JPT
4/9/2018 2:30pm
Maybe I'm wrong but seems to me I'm willing to accept a little more when two guys are battling hard for position than just coming up and punting someone you could get by anyway. He did the same to the Aprillia..
4/9/2018 3:07pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Bingo. Rossi does it when he has too.

Marc does it when it’s not at all necessary. Marc was out of control, by definition, dangerous.

If Race Direction had any pulse on the situation then Marc would’ve been black flagged after the hit on Aleix (Aprilia). It was clear that Marc was on a rage. By the time he got to Rossi did any of us not believe there would be an incident coming? Heck, my wife even knew that something was gonna happen. If she could call it out, how the hell are RD sleeping on the job?

If a rider is dangerous (already 3 incidents by the time he reached Rossi) you black flag them. No debate.

Marc does a lot of dumb things. Been this way since Moto2. He damn near took out Macerick on Friday in practice in what would’ve been another incident of reckless arrogance.

Marc is gonna get someone killed. We already lost Simoncelli due to similar attitude.
G-man
4/9/2018 7:26pm
Wow that was one hell of a race and yeah I agree they did not give Miller enough of an advantage for making the right move on tires before anyone else did.

Instead he had to sit on his bike for what about half hour everybody else was in the pits.

Marquez is a wild man for sure he gets away with more stuff than any road racer I've ever seen.

Still a good season so far, and it's only going to get better.
4/9/2018 11:42pm Edited Date/Time 4/9/2018 11:43pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
https://youtu.be/vn_GVcKfZac

Didn’t look much different to me... (0:45)
I don’t have an issue with the penalty, only with Rossi whinging about Marquez when he would have done exactly the same in his prime
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
4/11/2018 11:05am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
https://youtu.be/vn_GVcKfZac Didn’t look much different to me... (0:45) I don’t have an issue with the penalty, only with Rossi whinging about Marquez when he would have...

I don’t have an issue with the penalty, only with Rossi whinging about Marquez when he would have done exactly the same in his prime
Last corner, last lap for 1st after a huge battle vs some random corner with 3 laps left gaining a full second per lap in the wet. Does this apple taste like an orange to you?
4/11/2018 11:06am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
https://youtu.be/vn_GVcKfZac Didn’t look much different to me... (0:45) I don’t have an issue with the penalty, only with Rossi whinging about Marquez when he would have...

bh84 wrote:
Last corner, last lap for 1st after a huge battle vs some random corner with 3 laps left gaining a full second per lap in the...
Last corner, last lap for 1st after a huge battle vs some random corner with 3 laps left gaining a full second per lap in the wet. Does this apple taste like an orange to you?
This.

Post a reply to: MotoGP

The Latest