Moto Ghost Story

Edited Date/Time 10/11/2020 6:22am
My girlfriend found this moto-adjacent submission in the comment section of an annual online spooky story contest. She shared it with me, and I thought y'all might enjoy:

"My mom’s side of the family is full of people who are attuned to the paranormal. Most of us have some pretty extensive experiences throughout our lives. One of the most notable experiences I’ve heard about is from a house my mom lived in with her mom and sister when she was in high school. It was in Liberty, MO, a suburb NE of Kansas City. A small, 3 bedroom, ranch-style house with a finished basement that they rented.

When they moved in, they immediately experienced paranormal activity. Lights flickering on and off, doors opening and closing on their own, disembodied voices. It was pretty much the norm for an actively haunted house. They got used to the occasional weird experience, as much as you can when you have a ghost in your house. But it seemed like whatever was haunting the home really wanted their attention.

[...]One night my mom was asleep. As she slept, she had a dream that she was sitting in her bed in the middle of the night. All of a sudden, a giant hole appeared in the wall opposite her bed. Through this giant hole rolled in a man on a motorcycle, with a skull where his head would be. He revved up the engine a couple times and began to ride straight towards my mom’s bed. Once he was at the foot of the bed, his bike jumped up and sailed over my mom’s bed and through the wall behind it Evel Knievel-style. My mom thought nothing of the dream the next morning. She didn’t even tell anyone about it. But a few months later, this would come back up.

One morning, my mom and aunt were eating breakfast when they started talking about weird dreams they’d had. All of a sudden my aunt started telling her about this weird dream she had a few months prior.

She was lying in her bed in the middle of the night when a giant hole opened up in the middle of the wall opposite her bed and in rode a man on a motorcycle with a skull for a head. The man revved up the engine a couple times before riding his bike straight through her bed and through the wall behind it.

My grandma caught wind of this conversation and when she heard about my aunt’s dream, she was surprised. This was because she had a similar dream a few months prior as well. Giant hole in the wall, man on a motorcycle with a skull for a head, the revving of the engine twice. But this time, she said the man did laps around her bed before disappearing into the wall behind it.

They realized that this was not a coincidence, and thought that there was a strong chance that they all had these dreams on the same night, since they occurred around the same time.

A few days later my grandma was talking to their next door neighbor, and asked about who lived in the house before they moved in, saying they had experienced some weird things. The neighbor knew immediately what was the cause of it.

The previous tenant was a man who was an avid motorcycle rider. He had died a few years earlier in a tragic motorcycle accident at a young age. After learning this information, my grandma went back into the house and told my mom and aunt what she had learned. They said a small prayer for him. After that happened, the haunting stopped."

So, Vital, any paranormal experiences you'd like to share?
|
10/7/2020 11:15am
Nothin that crazy but occasionally I hear a 2 stroke to my inside only to turn around and realize it isn’t there on the track.
G-man
10/7/2020 4:43pm
Cool story Bro!!! 👍

I will tell you what I get--a lot of deju-vu's and it kind makes me wonder at times and think if my life is planned out.... Dry
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/7/2020 7:14pm
G-man wrote:
Cool story Bro!!! 👍 I will tell you what I get--a lot of deju-vu's and it kind makes me wonder at times and think if my...
Cool story Bro!!! 👍

I will tell you what I get--a lot of deju-vu's and it kind makes me wonder at times and think if my life is planned out.... Dry
I experience some of those every few months. It's weird. Out of nowhere I'll say to myself "wait a minute, this looks like it's happened before".

I say that in that very moment, but can never predict what's going to happen after, like if this person calls/text or whatever, then I'll know for sure it's happened.

It's like that small glimpse of time happened before, but then life resumes as normal.
sumdood
Fantasy
1282nd
10/7/2020 9:46pm
Definitely have had the same dreams more than one time. Certain houses and areas that I've never been to before but am completely familiar with. Also have had a dream several times over my whole life where I'm in war or riot zone or ?, I'm un-armed and hiding under a car, I sense someone finding me then feel bullets going into my back and legs, Blink and then I wake up. Unsure

The Shop

OldPro277
10/8/2020 5:29am
G-man wrote:
Cool story Bro!!! 👍 I will tell you what I get--a lot of deju-vu's and it kind makes me wonder at times and think if my...
Cool story Bro!!! 👍

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I experience some of those every few months. It's weird. Out of nowhere I'll say to myself "wait a minute, this looks like it's happened before"...
I experience some of those every few months. It's weird. Out of nowhere I'll say to myself "wait a minute, this looks like it's happened before".

I say that in that very moment, but can never predict what's going to happen after, like if this person calls/text or whatever, then I'll know for sure it's happened.

It's like that small glimpse of time happened before, but then life resumes as normal.
Same here . I thought I was the only one . Been experiencing those "flashbacks" for 40 years or so,and it always has freaked me out a bit. Not scary, just very perplexing. Makes me really think that there is much more to this life/world/human mind/ dimension than any of us understand yet. I certainly do not write off some scientists theories of a parallel universe. I don't understand it all, but I'd love to,lol.
JeremyK
10/8/2020 6:36am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2020 6:37am
The most messed up dream I've ever had and will never forget was running in crowd of people screaming and panicking . I woke up from the dream to answer the phone ,my dad was calling to tell me to put on the news because "all hell had broken loose" it was the morning of Sept 11 .
Stuntman949
10/8/2020 7:16am
Used to have a house in Laguna Niguel. There was always some strange noise coming from one of the bedrooms late at night and my dog wanted nothing to do with that room. Told my mom about it, who is a paranormal nut-job, who told me to yell at the sound to "Go away!" I did. The sound never came back.
Chance1216
10/8/2020 7:57am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2020 11:24am
My wife tells me at least once a week I hold my breath in my sleep. Last time she timed me. 4 minutes and 47 seconds. I'm usually dreaming about spear fishing, being underwater and can't breathe in the dream.
Oddly, I know I'm not breathing, I know I'm dreaming but, can't shake the feeling of being unable to breathe and the paralyzed feeling that comes over me. Its almost like a blanket is thrown over my body and its being pulled down.
What's eerie is, it happens within five minutes each time it happens like clockwork. 2:05 then, 2:10 the next week etc. Not Moto but, since the subject of dreams came up......

10/8/2020 9:23am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2020 9:26am
Chance1216 wrote:
My wife tells me at least once a week I hold my breath in my sleep. Last time she timed me. 4 minutes and 47 seconds...
My wife tells me at least once a week I hold my breath in my sleep. Last time she timed me. 4 minutes and 47 seconds. I'm usually dreaming about spear fishing, being underwater and can't breathe in the dream.
Oddly, I know I'm not breathing, I know I'm dreaming but, can't shake the feeling of being unable to breathe and the paralyzed feeling that comes over me. Its almost like a blanket is thrown over my body and its being pulled down.
What's eerie is, it happens within five minutes each time it happens like clockwork. 2:05 then, 2:10 the next week etc. Not Moto but, since the subject of dreams came up......

Lucid dreaming. Usually happens while you’re on your back. Only happens to me when I sleep on the couch.

Also sounds like you May have sleep apnea.

Edit to add: that kind of came across rough - if your breathing is stopping during sleep please get a sleep study done. I’ve heard that’s rough on your heart.
10/8/2020 9:37am
G-man wrote:
Cool story Bro!!! 👍

-MAVERICK- wrote:
I experience some of those every few months. It's weird. Out of nowhere I'll say to myself "wait a minute, this looks like it's happened before"...

OldPro277 wrote:
Same here . I thought I was the only one . Been experiencing those "flashbacks" for 40 years or so,and it always has freaked me out...
Same here . I thought I was the only one . Been experiencing those "flashbacks" for 40 years or so,and it always has freaked me out a bit. Not scary, just very perplexing. Makes me really think that there is much more to this life/world/human mind/ dimension than any of us understand yet. I certainly do not write off some scientists theories of a parallel universe. I don't understand it all, but I'd love to,lol.
I always had this feeling I was a part of where I grew up - or somehow knew what it was like a hundred years ago. I’d have dreams about it - I’d go down roads in my mind and they’d turn into forest or wagon trails. craziest deja vu I had was tracking a whitetail with my uncle when I was 12 - I knew I had dreamed about the exact place (we were on a property I had never been on) a couple years prior - the birch trees, the brush down to my uncle being there and saying “I think that buck is over here somewhere.”

Never been haunted and sure as hell don’t want to be.
JeremyK
10/8/2020 9:50am
Slightly off topic here , we had just moved into our current house ,the wife and I were on the couch watching a movie when we heard something fall down the basement stairs ,I got up and saw one of her boots laying at the bottom of the steps . Around the same time one morning while making my lunch before work I heard glass shatter in the basement ,I walked down and didnt see anything and was really tripped out , that night I had just finished doing dishes and was taking some pyrex bowls downstairs to put on the shelf when I realized what the glass breaking was ,there was a pyrex bowl still on the shelf shattered into pieces . Both can obviously just be coincidental but just moving into a new house certainly puts some thoughts in your head.
greenmx5
10/8/2020 10:16am
G-man wrote:
Cool story Bro!!! 👍

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I get that too. The thought of familiarity pops in and just as quickly goes away. The more you try to grasp at it to think "what was that?" the quicker it fades away. I can never hold onto the instance that pops in my head considered "deja vu" for longer than a couple seconds. That feeling that you've done this before and start to see more depth to it, and then it's gone. I have a hell of a memory and things like old memories can gradually come back to me. But how do you remember something that feels like you have experienced it before but actually haven't yet?
10/8/2020 10:18am Edited Date/Time 10/8/2020 10:21am
I think Deja vu is a misfiring of Nuerons. like if you ever notice someone jerk slightly while falling asleep. For some reason the nerve pathway is firing. But not at the correct time.

So my theory is the long term memory pathway fires at the same time the short term fires which causes you get that sensation you’ve been there before. Because your activating your long term memory even if you’ve never had that experience to remember. Just like you’re not trying to engage your muscles when you’re falling asleep, but for some reason the pathway fires causing you to slightly jerk.

Science is cool. Alternate universe theory is more sexy tho. Deja vu is a cool inexplainable sensation. “Ha! I knew you were gonna say that !“ except only exactly when it’s happening, because both pathways Fired at the same time ? Maybe. Who knows.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/8/2020 10:45am
I live next to a cemetery and I've experienced a few things in the apartment:

-People walking/talking late at night even though I'm alone.
-TV and satellite shutting off or switching channels or their own even though the remote is not in my reach.
-I have a fan in my room that sometimes shuts off on its own. It has a child proof thing, so if you touch the cage the blades stop turning. It does that when I'm in bed watching TV.

I've experienced other weird things while growing up. My mom and dad have experienced very weird and frightening paranormal stuff before I was born.
greenmx5
10/8/2020 12:17pm
I've been living in my current house for about 2 years now. Never experienced anything until a few months ago. Around 6am I just threw my bag for work over my shoulder to head out the door and my receiver for my surround sound kicked on in the living room. I thought it was strange. I just stopped for a second wondering why. Because it makes a clicking noise when it turns on, so I definitely heard it click on. I went over and turned it off and never thought about it after that.

Couple weeks later I was getting ready for bed and had everything turned off, was in the kitchen getting some water, walked through the living room and it clicked on again. So I just sat down on the couch and thought, that would be some cool shit if it shut off by itself. I sat there just watching, hoping it would turn off. Long story short, I passed out. Woke up and it was turned back off. Haven't seen it do that again since, but I'd like to. I've had this receiver for probably 9 years now and it's never done that.
eeazye
10/8/2020 2:08pm
I’m certain a ghost has turned the fuel valve off on my bike before riding away from the truck at least a couple times.
Homey55
10/9/2020 8:06am
We went to the Vicksburg battlefield a few years ago and got some strange pictures. My wife and I both took pictures with our phones at the same time and captured the same orb in the same shot. You can see it in the open space. The other picture shows it in the trees.

JPT
10/9/2020 8:31am
Trying to remember which old school GP rider told the story about seeing Rene Baeten's face staring from the trees the year after he was killed on the same track.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
10/9/2020 9:26am
I remember when I was a kid not long after one of my grandfather passed away my brother and I were in the basement playing a video game when out of nowhere the game case to store the disc that was left open started "waving" bye at us. It did that a good 5-6 times.

It was in the middle of the day, no windows open so there was no wind or draft coming into the basement. We both saw it and freaked out. Didn’t even pause the game. Got straight off the couch and ran upstairs to tell our mom.

My mom's a believer, so she told us that it was probably just grandpa just saying his goodbyes and that he was okay.

Like I previously mentioned, I have experienced some weird paranormal/unexplainable things.
OldPro277
10/9/2020 10:51am
My Dad died in 1997 the weekend after Princess Diana, at only 69 years old. Had "mis- diagnosed" prostate cancer that spread to his spine before they realized what was going on. All happened very quickly. He died exactly 90 days after our last round of golf together-- Anyway ,he was in pretty good shape, playing 18 holes 5 or 6 times a week (always walked--no cart) and he and I would play at least twice a week together the last year of his life. During that time we got a lot tighter than we had ever been.
As he lay in the hospital in his last days hooked up to life support ,( he had been unconscious for several days and hadn't been able to walk for around 3 weeks) the Docs suggested to turn off life support as there was no hope for recovery. Being I was the oldest at 38 ,my mom gave me the responsibility of making the call ( btw, thanks, Mom).
I am a person that believes in miracles (although I do realize that can be a little unrealistic) so I really wrestled with the idea of "pulling the plug" on Dad. Finally I had to make the call ,and as he lay there breathing slower and slower until it stopped, I was just torn up inside thinking I should have waited a few more days.... just in case.
The night after the funeral, my wife and daughter had gone to bed around 11pm , I stayed up in my recliner just reading a book-but not really reading, more like just reminiscing about the good times my dad and I had the past year or so, and REALLY second guessing my decision . Right around 230 am, I muttered to myself, geez Willie (I called him Willie once in awhile, lol) I wish you could tell me if I made the right decision. Just then our phone rang ,keep in mind cell phones weren't as prevalent in 1997 as they were to become so we still had a hardline. We also had a separate "caller ID" box near the phone --remember those ?lol. Anyway, I was slightly annoyed that some asshole would be calling at nearly 3 in the morning the night after burying my Dad. I looked at the screen and instead of having a number or name or even an "unavailable" , it was just a screen that had this--- *---* , an asterisk ,some dashes and another asterisk at the end. Obviously I answered and no one was one there. But when I hung up ,I had a complete sense of relief and calmness that I hadn't experienced since my dad got sick. I really believe to this day that it was a message from Willie that I had made the right choice and all was well. As a side note , we had never gotten call after midnight prior to or after that night, and we NEVER saw that *---* on the screen again. So, was it just a timely weird glitch that just happened as I was sitting in my family room at 2:30am the night of my Dads funeral and I had just asked him a question? Or was it truly a message from him? And to confirm that I hadn't imagined it, when I went to bed very shortly afterwards, my wife rolled over and said " who the heck called ?"
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
10/9/2020 6:51pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2020 6:52pm
I was living a normal day, it was Friday and time to start the weekend. Thinking of what I was going to do Saturday morning.. I remembered it was time for some maintenance on my 94 KX 125 before I could ride Sunday. I always enjoyed working on my bikes so it was a good feeling to be busy first thing in the morning.

Well, I went to bed, got up early, ate breakfast and went in the garage. My KX 125 wasn't there. A KX 80 was there on the stand.. See, My pops stopped supporting me racing around 14, said he couldn't see me getting on bike bikes, I had got hurt too many times (twice).

When I went to bed, I "started" my normal day in my dream. I remember being so disappointed once reality set in that I had to still sell my bike and save for a year before I could ride again. I did though, bought a used 94 KX 125. I'll never forget the motivation and how hard it was to let that 3,000 dollars go. I had saved so long and work so hard. I wonder if my pops did what he did on purpose.
SKIDLID
Fantasy
761st
10/11/2020 11:59am
Not Moto related but a ghost story with family connection for me. Eight years ago in a few weeks, my brother unfortunately passed from a blood clot related to lung cancer. He lived in a rural area and I got to the house before the coroner arrived. I went back to my house that night and woke up the next day to eat breakfast. I poured my favorite cereal at the time, Captain Crunch Berries. When I poured my milk there was a pen in it instead of a spoon. A week later my sister in law told me she found a birthday card for me my brother had purchased before his death. Two moths later I opened the card on my birthday . It was not signed but I feel that is why he put a pen in my cereal.
10/18/2020 5:41pm
Could of been a German scout in a m43 Overcoat.....was this during winter ? And did the figure have high ground ? Sometimes figures seem obscenely tall when they have the high ground on you.

Post a reply to: Moto Ghost Story

The Latest