Moto GP '20

KMC440
Edited Date/Time 1/9/2021 5:06pm
Marquez has the strongest elbows in the world !!
|
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
7/19/2020 12:44pm
KMC440 wrote:
Marquez has the strongest elbows in the world !!
The boys are discussing this next door. Marquez is amazing...he should have crashed but saved it. He outrode himself in the end.
KMC440
7/19/2020 1:05pm
We usually have it over here ... ok someone delete the thread

The Shop

BMSOBx2
7/19/2020 1:36pm
So which thread is it we're going to post to? Marquez broke his humerus. With him out of the picture this season should be wide open.
7/19/2020 3:19pm
Yes amazing display by Marquez right up until he binned it. I do think FQ20 is in his head just a bit. He should have settled for second but his ego would not allow.

That being said his save at the beginning of the race may have been his best one yet. No one has that kind of talent on 2 wheels at the moment.
Fox88
Fantasy
35th
7/26/2020 12:56pm
El Diablo is going to be feeling confident moving forward... should be exciting when Marquez returns. Great ride by Rossi today!!
BMSOBx2
7/26/2020 1:19pm
Thought I'd try and resurrect this thread in non Moto since the other one in Moto seemed to be primarily about Marquez and his miraculous save and crash and subsequent attempt to return after a broken right arm. With the return of MotoGP in the last two weeks with 2 races at Jerez here are a few observations.

Without Marquez and the Honda it's become a Yamaha show at the front. In the first race Marquez & the Honda, prior to the big get off, clearly were the class of the field. Quateraro was never pressed and romped home ahead of the rest of the field after. Vinales couldn't catch him on the factory Yamaha and Dovi was a gifted a podium. I wonder how the factory team feels about getting spanked by the satellite Yamaha twice in a row? Is Quateraro that good? In both races he's been able to clear off at the front and put it on cruise control to save the tires. Be interesting to see him have to come from behind to know for sure. Great to see the old man get a podium in the second race. He rode his ass off to keep Vinales behind him most of the way. Nakagami with a gift fourth place on the Honda due to attrition. Brutal conditions today with lots of crashes and mechanical problems. Dovi finishes 6th after qualifying 15th. He needs to start towards the front on the Ducati. Jerez not really being a Ducati track a 3rd and a 6th aren't too bad I suppose. I have a rooting interest for KTM and some of the Young Guns. Binder will be interesting to watch if he can ever get a start. I root for Jack Miller as well. Would be nice to see some new blood get in the mix. Hopefully Rins on the Suzuki will heal up and be better too. All in all I'm really glad MotoGP is back.
KMC440
7/26/2020 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 7/26/2020 2:49pm
So what I want to understand is what happened to the Ducks? They were very very good now ... not so much. Electronic rider aids ?

This year is definitely going to get interesting when 93 gets back. I'd be surprised if he'll be as aggressive as before the crash for the first few weeks.
7/26/2020 7:49pm
I’m definitely a FQ fan. Cool dude 😎

Can’t wait to see how he responds when a blood thirsty MM93 comes back and tries to put a tire on his leg or punt him into the bleachers. I got my popcorn ready!
G-man
7/27/2020 8:19pm
I’m definitely a FQ fan. Cool dude 😎 Can’t wait to see how he responds when a blood thirsty MM93 comes back and tries to put...
I’m definitely a FQ fan. Cool dude 😎

Can’t wait to see how he responds when a blood thirsty MM93 comes back and tries to put a tire on his leg or punt him into the bleachers. I got my popcorn ready!
Yep I was digging Fabio last year as a Rookie when he burst upon the scene with poles in qualifying and leading most of the dang race until Marc would run him down.

World Champ-- bet the Farm on it! 😃
G-man
7/27/2020 8:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/28/2020 11:37am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Thought I'd try and resurrect this thread in non Moto since the other one in Moto seemed to be primarily about Marquez and his miraculous save...
Thought I'd try and resurrect this thread in non Moto since the other one in Moto seemed to be primarily about Marquez and his miraculous save and crash and subsequent attempt to return after a broken right arm. With the return of MotoGP in the last two weeks with 2 races at Jerez here are a few observations.

Without Marquez and the Honda it's become a Yamaha show at the front. In the first race Marquez & the Honda, prior to the big get off, clearly were the class of the field. Quateraro was never pressed and romped home ahead of the rest of the field after. Vinales couldn't catch him on the factory Yamaha and Dovi was a gifted a podium. I wonder how the factory team feels about getting spanked by the satellite Yamaha twice in a row? Is Quateraro that good? In both races he's been able to clear off at the front and put it on cruise control to save the tires. Be interesting to see him have to come from behind to know for sure. Great to see the old man get a podium in the second race. He rode his ass off to keep Vinales behind him most of the way. Nakagami with a gift fourth place on the Honda due to attrition. Brutal conditions today with lots of crashes and mechanical problems. Dovi finishes 6th after qualifying 15th. He needs to start towards the front on the Ducati. Jerez not really being a Ducati track a 3rd and a 6th aren't too bad I suppose. I have a rooting interest for KTM and some of the Young Guns. Binder will be interesting to watch if he can ever get a start. I root for Jack Miller as well. Would be nice to see some new blood get in the mix. Hopefully Rins on the Suzuki will heal up and be better too. All in all I'm really glad MotoGP is back.
Good analysis and I agree 👍

Very interesting that the satellite teams smoked the factory bikes. Woohoo

Cool to see Rins back what a bummer he's riding injured. I tend to root for the underdog and the Suzuki's have been the underdog for quite a few years but they're slowly clawing back to their glory days and what beautiful machines they are.

I'm sure this guy is happy! Laughing
He was awesome!

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
7/28/2020 8:46am Edited Date/Time 7/28/2020 9:26am
Anyone else see Arenas' crash in Moto3? I've never seen a guy get catapoulted quite like that, and the landing on his knees, man that looked brutal.
G-man
7/28/2020 11:36am
bh84 wrote:
Anyone else see Arenas' crash in Moto3? I've never seen a guy get catapoulted quite like that, and the landing on his knees, man that looked...
Anyone else see Arenas' crash in Moto3? I've never seen a guy get catapoulted quite like that, and the landing on his knees, man that looked brutal.
How the heck do you watch it?

NBC sure did fuck up the coverage when they took over from BEIN Sports (awesome channel). Use to have 3 hrs of qualifying on Saturday and 3 hrs of racing on Sunday.

NBC only shows the MotoGP race on Sunday!

What a freaking joke!Evil
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
7/28/2020 12:58pm
G-man wrote:
How the heck do you watch it? NBC sure did fuck up the coverage when they took over from BEIN Sports (awesome channel). Use to have...

NBC sure did fuck up the coverage when they took over from BEIN Sports (awesome channel). Use to have 3 hrs of qualifying on Saturday and 3 hrs of racing on Sunday.

Myself and a friend split on the MotoGP Videopass. Its great, I can watch any race, qualifier or free practice back to the mid 80s. Live stream the races or watch them any time.
JPT
7/29/2020 7:21am
KMC440 wrote:
We usually have it over here ... ok someone delete the thread
Yeah it usually gets buried over there.
JPT
7/29/2020 7:25am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Thought I'd try and resurrect this thread in non Moto since the other one in Moto seemed to be primarily about Marquez and his miraculous save...

Zarco was on his way to a win with the satellite bike until the move to KTM derailed that train.
early
Fantasy
2231st
7/29/2020 7:49am
Anybody watch the Jerez 2 MotoE race? It was anarchy!
G-man
7/29/2020 8:06am
JPT wrote:
Zarco was on his way to a win with the satellite bike until the move to KTM derailed that train.
Yea he got GREEDY and went for the big bucks after having such a great year on the Tech3 Yami.

Now he's midpack on the Duck. Looks like he might have been a 1 year Wonder. Unsure
G-man
7/29/2020 8:11am
G-man wrote:
How the heck do you watch it? NBC sure did fuck up the coverage when they took over from BEIN Sports (awesome channel). Use to have...

bh84 wrote:
Myself and a friend split on the MotoGP Videopass. Its great, I can watch any race, qualifier or free practice back to the mid 80s. Live...
Myself and a friend split on the MotoGP Videopass. Its great, I can watch any race, qualifier or free practice back to the mid 80s. Live stream the races or watch them any time.
So you can do that with anyone? Do you have to be in the same city?
Share e-mail address?

What a PITA!

I guess I'm showing my age (62 on Sunday Unsure ), but I'm getting fed up with all this video pass pay to watch streaming BULLSHIT! Evil
BMSOBx2
7/29/2020 9:35am
JPT wrote:
G-man wrote:
Yea he got GREEDY and went for the big bucks after having such a great year on the Tech3 Yami. Now he's midpack on the Duck...
Yea he got GREEDY and went for the big bucks after having such a great year on the Tech3 Yami.

Now he's midpack on the Duck. Looks like he might have been a 1 year Wonder. Unsure
Yes I think Zarco might have outsmarted himself. He definitely has talent and after posting some good results on the Yamaha got offered a pot of money. One encouraging note is that the KTMs are definitely much better this year. When they get to some tracks where the power they have can be used to better effect I think they can be in the mix. Perhaps not for a win but not the also-rans they were. Ducati satellite teams, much like Yamaha, are doing better than the factories. Dovi can still Podium but they have some good young talent that will be interesting to watch. Hopefully the weather will be a little cooler and Yamaha and Ducati can avoid engine problems in the future. Suzuki with the best handling machine in the series is due for some good results. I can't wait.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
7/30/2020 8:04am
G-man wrote:
So you can do that with anyone? Do you have to be in the same city? Share e-mail address? What a PITA! I guess I'm showing...
So you can do that with anyone? Do you have to be in the same city?
Share e-mail address?

What a PITA!

I guess I'm showing my age (62 on Sunday Unsure ), but I'm getting fed up with all this video pass pay to watch streaming BULLSHIT! Evil
Yeah with anyone, guy 1 buys it with his email, guy 2 pays guy 1 half the money, guy 1 gives guy 2 the login info.
BMSOBx2
8/3/2020 7:57pm
Marquez just had to have his arm replated today. Might have pushed it too hard . 48 hour recovery time in the hospital looks like he may not make Brno next weekend.
BMSOBx2
8/8/2020 7:41pm Edited Date/Time 8/8/2020 7:43pm
Zarco on Pole!!!! Tomorrow should be good.

Woohoo
G-man
8/8/2020 9:49pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Zarco on Pole!!!! Tomorrow should be good.

Woohoo
That is a shocker!!! Woohoo
Fox88
Fantasy
35th
8/9/2020 6:32am
Fun race, great to see new blood on the box, and never thought ktm would get up top so quickly.. good stuff!
BMSOBx2
8/9/2020 11:13am
Great race today. Factory Ducatis nowhere to be found, Vinales does a disappearing act, Quateraro fades, Morbidelli on the satellite Yamaha in 2nd Zarco hangs onto a podium, the old man hangs in for fifth, Rins with a well deserved 4th and KTM and Brad Binder steal the show. This thing's wide open now. I'm loving it.
jgmxdad251
8/9/2020 3:03pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Great race today. Factory Ducatis nowhere to be found, Vinales does a disappearing act, Quateraro fades, Morbidelli on the satellite Yamaha in 2nd Zarco hangs onto...
Great race today. Factory Ducatis nowhere to be found, Vinales does a disappearing act, Quateraro fades, Morbidelli on the satellite Yamaha in 2nd Zarco hangs onto a podium, the old man hangs in for fifth, Rins with a well deserved 4th and KTM and Brad Binder steal the show. This thing's wide open now. I'm loving it.
That was a very interesting race. Did they say Vinales was on his 5th motor?
8/9/2020 8:24pm
It was a great race. Where the hell did Binder and KTM come from? That was a legit dry win, at a proper MotoGP circuit.

It is too bad Jabroni is not around anymore to comment on Yamaha and Lin Jarvis. Looks like Yamaha has the best riders and bikes at the moment.

Post a reply to: Moto GP '20

The Latest