More abandoned communist buildings

Sunhouse
Edited Date/Time 3/12/2020 12:27pm
Today I got the chance to tick off another place on my bucket list. It’s called Buzludzha, and is the former Bulgarian communist party’s HQ. It’s situated in the mountains in the middle of nowhere, in central Bulgaria.
I love abandoned buildings, and this was way more impressive in real life than I had expected. It’s impossible to get in now, they sealed all points of entry last autumn unfortunately. So sad, as the inside looks awesome in pictures. But the roof is falling apart, so it has become too dangerous to sneak inside.
Anyways, here are a few pictures for those interested Smile

|
TXDirt
3/6/2020 3:16pm
Great pics!! Love following your travels!
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/6/2020 4:03pm
You should consider starting a travel vlog channel on YouTube.
Nighttrain
3/6/2020 4:43pm
Thanks much, Sunhouse. Those are fantastic pictures. I’m also fascinated by the architecture and cultures in the former Soviet block nations.
500guy
3/6/2020 4:51pm
Really cool , why was this abandoned? Also how old is it? Seems to me the communist built stuff always falls apart.

The Shop

500guy
3/6/2020 4:53pm
One other thing, I'm surprised it hasn't been featured on Ancient Aliens as a possible extraterrestrial vessel.
newmann
3/6/2020 4:59pm
500guy wrote:
Really cool , why was this abandoned? Also how old is it? Seems to me the communist built stuff always falls apart.
Insert popcorn gif here...🤭
Nighttrain
3/6/2020 5:34pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
For sure. Sunhouse’s travel pics from North Korea blew me away. And his thread from Iran was an interesting one.
BMSOBx2
3/6/2020 5:55pm
500guy wrote:
One other thing, I'm surprised it hasn't been featured on Ancient Aliens as a possible extraterrestrial vessel.
I have seen a documentary on that building. It was on one of the Syfy, science, Discovery Channels. Built in the 70s. Pictures of abandoned Detroit are very interesting too.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/6/2020 6:57pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Nighttrain wrote:
For sure. Sunhouse’s travel pics from North Korea blew me away. And his thread from Iran was an interesting one.
Syria was in my opinion crazy but also very interesting.

@Sunhouse when are the Singapore pics coming?
Nighttrain
3/6/2020 7:47pm
-MAVERICK- wrote:

You’re right. I forgot about his trip to Syria. Sunhouse has an incredible travel history.
Sunhouse
3/7/2020 5:36am
TXDirt wrote:
Great pics!! Love following your travels!
Thanks, it’s fun to share when people care Smile
Sunhouse
3/7/2020 5:38am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
It would be fun, but too much work I think. Would miss out on the experiences and moments having to film. Did buy a drone though, but it was too windy to use it at Buzludzha.
Sunhouse
3/7/2020 5:39am
Nighttrain wrote:
Thanks much, Sunhouse. Those are fantastic pictures. I’m also fascinated by the architecture and cultures in the former Soviet block nations.
Thanks mate, appreciate it. Yeah, really like the old abandoned Soviet buildings, and most are accesssible too Smile
Sunhouse
3/7/2020 5:41am
500guy wrote:
Haha. Good point :D
It was forgotten and abandoned when the wall fell. I think it was finished in 1980, and left to rot 9 years later. It is very exposed to wind and weather, so it was in a much worse state than Chernobyl
Sunhouse
3/7/2020 5:43am
BMSOBx2 wrote:
I have seen a documentary on that building. It was on one of the Syfy, science, Discovery Channels. Built in the 70s. Pictures of abandoned Detroit...
I have seen a documentary on that building. It was on one of the Syfy, science, Discovery Channels. Built in the 70s. Pictures of abandoned Detroit are very interesting too.
I agree, would love to go exploring in Detroit. Will have to get a visa though, after Syria, Iran and NK I can no longer get into the US on an e-visa. But bucketlist material for sure!
Sunhouse
3/7/2020 5:53am
-MAVERICK- wrote:

I have lots of pictures from Singapore. I have been on a trip through Vietnam and Sri Lanka too since then. Didn’t know if it would be interesting, so never posted any pics.

jeffro503
3/7/2020 12:03pm
Wow Sunhouse!! Those pics are incredible. That building in your op , sure would be cool to see the inside of that thing. It looks massive. Odd , that they have something that huge , and no use for it.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/7/2020 1:12pm
@Sunhouse "Didn’t know if it would be interesting, so never posted any pics."

It's always cool to see different parts of the world.

Not everyone gets the chance/opportunity to visit many countries so seeing them from afar through photographs is interesting. Especially when you attach a story to them.

Not to mention, how many of us would be willing to go to places like North Korea and Syria of all places.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on here that appreciates you sharing your travels.
Barrett57
3/7/2020 1:43pm
Yeah the travel threads are good, really enjoyable.

I've only been to Bulgaria once and I'd happily go back, the cost for a week of skiing compared to a week in France was ridiculous. Live like a king and come back with money in your pocket.
Nellie12
3/7/2020 8:55pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Wow Sunhouse!! Those pics are incredible. That building in your op , sure would be cool to see the inside of that thing. It looks massive...
Wow Sunhouse!! Those pics are incredible. That building in your op , sure would be cool to see the inside of that thing. It looks massive. Odd , that they have something that huge , and no use for it.
If you go to the location on google maps and click on the "little man" aka street view, one of the blue dots is a 360 of the inside. Yes, it's pretty cool.
3/8/2020 9:06am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 9:42am
For anyone who wants to see some amazing cinematography and see the potential of your Tv check out all the films from Jacob & Katie Schwarz on YouTube.

I believe this is the inside of the building above at :17 and at the 3 minute mark

Nice pics sunhouse, i love traveling with my photo gear. I wish I could leave home and travel the rest of my life with my camera.
Sunhouse
3/8/2020 10:47am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
[b]@Sunhouse[/b] [i]"Didn’t know if it would be interesting, so never posted any pics."[/i] It's always cool to see different parts of the world. Not everyone gets...
@Sunhouse "Didn’t know if it would be interesting, so never posted any pics."

It's always cool to see different parts of the world.

Not everyone gets the chance/opportunity to visit many countries so seeing them from afar through photographs is interesting. Especially when you attach a story to them.

Not to mention, how many of us would be willing to go to places like North Korea and Syria of all places.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on here that appreciates you sharing your travels.
Thanks bud, haven’t really posted many pics unless the destination has been on my bucketlist Smile
I have two locations left; Venezuela (Angel falls and Mt Roraima) and finding the Soviet space shuttles in the desert in Kazakstan. Still looking for the coordinates, although I have a general idea of where the hangars are. It’s just harder to find a route to sneak in :D
Sunhouse
3/8/2020 10:49am
jeffro503 wrote:
Wow Sunhouse!! Those pics are incredible. That building in your op , sure would be cool to see the inside of that thing. It looks massive...
Thanks mate, yeah, google it and you can see the inside before they closed it. It is so awesome! Woohoo
Sunhouse
3/8/2020 10:50am
Barrett57 wrote:
Yeah the travel threads are good, really enjoyable. I've only been to Bulgaria once and I'd happily go back, the cost for a week of skiing...
Yeah the travel threads are good, really enjoyable.

I've only been to Bulgaria once and I'd happily go back, the cost for a week of skiing compared to a week in France was ridiculous. Live like a king and come back with money in your pocket.
Haha, feel ya on that one. Just landed back home and I have no idea if I will ever be able to spend the remaining Lev😄
Sunhouse
3/8/2020 10:52am
For anyone who wants to see some amazing cinematography and see the potential of your Tv check out all the films from Jacob & Katie Schwarz...
For anyone who wants to see some amazing cinematography and see the potential of your Tv check out all the films from Jacob & Katie Schwarz on YouTube.

I believe this is the inside of the building above at :17 and at the 3 minute mark

Nice pics sunhouse, i love traveling with my photo gear. I wish I could leave home and travel the rest of my life with my camera.
Awesome stuff! What sort of photo gear do you have? Except for my drone, most of my gear is old and outdated 😜
G-man
3/8/2020 10:52am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2020 10:53am
500guy wrote:
Sideways

G-man
3/8/2020 10:56am
-MAVERICK- wrote:
I agree MAV this is awesome stuff that people like me would never see.

Sunhouse have you ever thought of trying to create a small business out of it somehow?
If you really think about it you would be able to write off most of your trip as business expense as well as your camera equipment.

So I didn't get the part that you can't go Detroit because of a Visa? I thought you were American I guess not where are you from?

Anyway great stuff thanks for sharing. 👍
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
3/8/2020 11:04am
^^^ Sunhouse is Norwegian. I'm guessing he got tired of the cold and said "fuck this shit I'm moving to Singapore."

Side Note: How's school going? Enjoying the program?

Post a reply to: More abandoned communist buildings

The Latest