Moon Landings

rmoto003
Edited Date/Time 9/5/2018 11:58pm
Let me start this by saying I have a degree in engineering and consider myself at least somewhat competent.

With that said, i was turned on to the moon landing conspiracy by some of those dumb conspiracy videos on youtube. Generally they are mildly entertaining, good for seeing what people think up. Then I watched one on the moon landings and it caught my attention, some interesting points made that even Nasa doesnt have an explination for.

I also listen to the Joe Rogan podcast, and in a few of them he mentioned his uncertainty about the moon landings and a few of the strange coincidences he has noticed. Since that, Ive been going down the rabbit hole looking into this. I watched the documentaries made by Bart Sibrel and I have to say, they are pretty damning. The way the astronauts act when Sibrel mentions he obtained some footage showing them faking a shot of being halfway to the moon is..... bizzare. They quickly get hostile, defensive, etc... one guy even starts running away from Sibrel. Not exactly the behavior of honest people.

Does anyone else share this sentiment? I pretty much know that we faked the moon landings, the evidence in my eyes is very clear. Of course, like a good conspiracy theorist, Im going online to talk about it so I dont seem crazy to those around me.
|
APLMAN99
9/2/2018 8:13pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Let me start this by saying I have a degree in engineering and consider myself at least somewhat competent. With that said, i was turned on...
Let me start this by saying I have a degree in engineering and consider myself at least somewhat competent.

With that said, i was turned on to the moon landing conspiracy by some of those dumb conspiracy videos on youtube. Generally they are mildly entertaining, good for seeing what people think up. Then I watched one on the moon landings and it caught my attention, some interesting points made that even Nasa doesnt have an explination for.

I also listen to the Joe Rogan podcast, and in a few of them he mentioned his uncertainty about the moon landings and a few of the strange coincidences he has noticed. Since that, Ive been going down the rabbit hole looking into this. I watched the documentaries made by Bart Sibrel and I have to say, they are pretty damning. The way the astronauts act when Sibrel mentions he obtained some footage showing them faking a shot of being halfway to the moon is..... bizzare. They quickly get hostile, defensive, etc... one guy even starts running away from Sibrel. Not exactly the behavior of honest people.

Does anyone else share this sentiment? I pretty much know that we faked the moon landings, the evidence in my eyes is very clear. Of course, like a good conspiracy theorist, Im going online to talk about it so I dont seem crazy to those around me.

FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
9/2/2018 8:29pm Edited Date/Time 9/4/2018 8:15am
I have never doubted it. I saw some live interview clips on youtube that had the newer astronauts saying how they hoped to have the technology in their lifetime to break through a section of our atmosphere that is not even a fraction of the way to the moon due to radiation. Pretty weird.
TXDirt
9/2/2018 8:30pm
Tell us your theories on 9/11

The Shop

BMSOBx2
9/2/2018 8:32pm
rmoto003 wrote:
Let me start this by saying I have a degree in engineering and consider myself at least somewhat competent. With that said, i was turned on...

You pretty much know this how? From reading these conspiracy sites? Wow. I was there when they splashed down. Sure would like to know how they faked that.
MR. X
9/2/2018 8:40pm
Why did they bring that little car up there ?
9/2/2018 8:49pm
BMSOBx2 wrote:
You pretty much know this how? From reading these conspiracy sites? Wow. I was there when they splashed down. Sure would like to know how they...
You pretty much know this how? From reading these conspiracy sites? Wow. I was there when they splashed down. Sure would like to know how they faked that.
You did better than me. I can't even respond to such ignorance any more. Besides, there are already threads on here about this where I've said all I'm going to say about it.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
9/2/2018 8:51pm
the biggest questions I have is,

why would the Russians keep it quiet? as 1960's Russia would have loved for it to be fake and be able to embarrass the US,
NorCal 50+
9/2/2018 8:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/2/2018 9:08pm
I still think we went but there is some very thought-provoking stuff out there. For example the whole thing that Kubrick was picked and given unlimited budget because of 2001 A Space Odyssey. And then he releases Eyes Wide Shut on the anniversary of the moon landing and dies mysteriously in his house before it hits theaters after showing it to a small group of people. Kubrick was insane about detail in his movies, down to dust and times on clock faces. Check out the plot of Eyes Wide Shut- about mysterious elite circles, and the tile too could be a reference.

Once I realized how much of our 20th Century media coverage was faked and influenced by government propaganda, it at least entered the realm of possibility for me that the USA faked the moon landings, or the TV broadcast, to win the Cold War. We still could have gone later but faked the original. The other crazy story is Walter Cronkite cutting away from a live feed on a later Apollo mission because a large structure appeared on the screen (millions of people apparently saw this).

plowboy
9/2/2018 9:03pm
scott_nz wrote:
the biggest questions I have is, why would the Russians keep it quiet? as 1960's Russia would have loved for it to be fake and be...
the biggest questions I have is,

why would the Russians keep it quiet? as 1960's Russia would have loved for it to be fake and be able to embarrass the US,
I could say something really funny here...but...Evil
m121c
9/2/2018 9:27pm
rmoto003 wrote:

We left a large panel of retroreflectors during Apollo 11, 14, and 15. They are found exactly where NASA says they are, and with a large/powerful enough laser it can be proven of their existence through an intensity spike of the returning photon. We've been using them for research for years to provide distance data.

Is there anything in your storage of evidence that disproves this?

Jrewing
9/2/2018 10:25pm
Tell you how I know! Cause they arent digging it to pieces to get rich.
rmoto003
9/2/2018 10:52pm
Im not saying we never put stuff on the moon. Sending stuff there doesnt seem to be an issue. The fact that there is stuff on the moon doesnt really affect my opinion. We put a rover on mars but humans havnt been to mars... Sooo....

Anyway, a few aspects that I find interesting.

1) We dont have the original telemetry data from the missions. Apparently we were "running low" on magnetic reel tape at some point, and then recycled the moon landing tapes. We taped over the moon landing tapes. Ok, sure. Only mankinds greatest achivement. Yea, tape over that.

2) Nasa now claims they dont have the technology to make it through the Van Allen belts... They HAD it in 1969, but it was "destroyed" and would be too hard to remake. Ummm... Ok? That makes no sense.

3) The international space station is about 250 ish miles away from the earths surface. The US, China, and Russia havnt sent any manned space missions past about ~350 miles.... Since the moon landings. How far away is the moon? ~238,000 miles!!! Youre telling me no one in the world has made it out of low earth orbit since the "moon landings," yet in 1969 we just breezed right out there so easily we did it 6 times? Come on now.

4) plenty of photographic stuff, but what gets me is the damn lunar lander. It looks to be held together by staples and tape!! "Oh you dummy, thats special nasa space tape!" Plus, there is no evidence of any disturbance of the surface from the blast of the landing rocket. Surely a 10,000 lb rocket would make at least a pattern in the dust, right? Nope, but the footprints are clear as day.

5) The seeming ease in which we did it. I dont think in the history of technology has a flying craft worked on the first try. Yet the lunar lander seemed to work perfectly. Even blasting off from the lunar surface and mating up with an orbiter traveling at 4,000 mph, perfectly, every time. Yet even today, Nasa has had all kinds of failures doing what should be simple missions of sending supplies into low earth orbit. But in 1969 they were just so on top of it that they were able to get all of that crap perfect?

6) Footage of the apollo 11 astronauts faking a video of them being halfway to the moon. It was either accidentally or intentionally sent to the reporter, but its a video of them holding a camera a few feet from a circular window in low earth orbit, in doing so, makes the earth look like a small ball when the lights are out in the craft. As the lights come back on, its obvious they are in low earth orbit. Why the trickery?

7) they occured during the nixon administration, an administration not known for being truthful.

Im not saying everything about the moon landings is fake. My guess is that they sent guys up into low earth orbit, had them orbit the earth for a few days, then splash down when the mission was over. Nasa had a small satellite in space to simulate them recieving signals from apollo, which conveniently "crashed into the pacific" a few days before the missions. Im gonna assume they simply fed the control room guys more simulated data so they werent in on it, and only the tiipy top people knew what was actually going on.

As far as russia, how do we know they actually tracked apollo? Its far more likely that we sent something to the moon for them to track, just without any humans in it. And maybe they do know we faked it, and are using it as blackmail against the US for trade deals and what not.

All im posing is that you take a non-judgemental look at the fact that it could have been faked instead of reverting to God-worship of Nasa and the astronauts, and condeming me to idiocy for looking into it. Like I said, Im not a dumb person, and I did stumble onto it through those dumb conspiracy videos, but what I found was pretty hard for me to ignore.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1442nd
9/3/2018 12:18am
rmoto003 wrote:

m121c
9/3/2018 12:19am
rmoto003 wrote:
Im not saying we never put stuff on the moon. Sending stuff there doesnt seem to be an issue. The fact that there is stuff on...
Im not saying we never put stuff on the moon. Sending stuff there doesnt seem to be an issue. The fact that there is stuff on the moon doesnt really affect my opinion. We put a rover on mars but humans havnt been to mars... Sooo....

Anyway, a few aspects that I find interesting.

1) We dont have the original telemetry data from the missions. Apparently we were "running low" on magnetic reel tape at some point, and then recycled the moon landing tapes. We taped over the moon landing tapes. Ok, sure. Only mankinds greatest achivement. Yea, tape over that.

2) Nasa now claims they dont have the technology to make it through the Van Allen belts... They HAD it in 1969, but it was "destroyed" and would be too hard to remake. Ummm... Ok? That makes no sense.

3) The international space station is about 250 ish miles away from the earths surface. The US, China, and Russia havnt sent any manned space missions past about ~350 miles.... Since the moon landings. How far away is the moon? ~238,000 miles!!! Youre telling me no one in the world has made it out of low earth orbit since the "moon landings," yet in 1969 we just breezed right out there so easily we did it 6 times? Come on now.

4) plenty of photographic stuff, but what gets me is the damn lunar lander. It looks to be held together by staples and tape!! "Oh you dummy, thats special nasa space tape!" Plus, there is no evidence of any disturbance of the surface from the blast of the landing rocket. Surely a 10,000 lb rocket would make at least a pattern in the dust, right? Nope, but the footprints are clear as day.

5) The seeming ease in which we did it. I dont think in the history of technology has a flying craft worked on the first try. Yet the lunar lander seemed to work perfectly. Even blasting off from the lunar surface and mating up with an orbiter traveling at 4,000 mph, perfectly, every time. Yet even today, Nasa has had all kinds of failures doing what should be simple missions of sending supplies into low earth orbit. But in 1969 they were just so on top of it that they were able to get all of that crap perfect?

6) Footage of the apollo 11 astronauts faking a video of them being halfway to the moon. It was either accidentally or intentionally sent to the reporter, but its a video of them holding a camera a few feet from a circular window in low earth orbit, in doing so, makes the earth look like a small ball when the lights are out in the craft. As the lights come back on, its obvious they are in low earth orbit. Why the trickery?

7) they occured during the nixon administration, an administration not known for being truthful.

Im not saying everything about the moon landings is fake. My guess is that they sent guys up into low earth orbit, had them orbit the earth for a few days, then splash down when the mission was over. Nasa had a small satellite in space to simulate them recieving signals from apollo, which conveniently "crashed into the pacific" a few days before the missions. Im gonna assume they simply fed the control room guys more simulated data so they werent in on it, and only the tiipy top people knew what was actually going on.

As far as russia, how do we know they actually tracked apollo? Its far more likely that we sent something to the moon for them to track, just without any humans in it. And maybe they do know we faked it, and are using it as blackmail against the US for trade deals and what not.

All im posing is that you take a non-judgemental look at the fact that it could have been faked instead of reverting to God-worship of Nasa and the astronauts, and condeming me to idiocy for looking into it. Like I said, Im not a dumb person, and I did stumble onto it through those dumb conspiracy videos, but what I found was pretty hard for me to ignore.
If the discussion was around some of the odd things that happened surrounding the missions, it would be an interesting discussion we could have. Saying "I pretty much know the moon landings were fake" is a bold statement to make. It's easy to get wrapped up in an edited and out of context youtube consiparacy theory and think that it's compelling evidence (ive been there), but evidence isn't compelling until you have tried to challenge it.

I'm only going to reflect on a few of your points here.

Point 2: It was a NASA astronaut who said this(well not exactly in those terms), not the agency itself. The crews in the Apollo missions did get exposed to radiation passing through the Van Allen belts. With the technology of today, with some of the advancements in computers, guidance systems, etc. strong radiation could pose a strong threat to those devices. That's a problem that is needed to be solved (and this is the point that was made). For context here is the history and context of the myth:

Point 3: As you state at the start, you don't doubt we haven't put things on the moon. That just doesn't really add up. So you are saying we are capable of sending, positioning, and setting up structures/panels on the moon, mars, etc. but we can't get anything outside of 350 miles from the surface of the Earth? So although we have footage of these exact panels being setup (must be fake), they were actually set up by what? Rovers? We sent a rocket to the depths of our solar system and decades later were able to obtain high definition, quality, data of Pluto. Yet, we were never capable to send a manned rocket to the moon? There are reasons way beyond "not being able to do it" as to why we haven't had anything capable to send man to the moon since then. For one, the things we had that were powerful enough to get us there, got shut down by Congress.

Point 4: We have a satellite named Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) that can get within 50 km of the surface of the moon and has taken pretty HD photos of the Lunar mission sites. You can visually see the marks, descent, ascent, etc. I'm guessing that this point is easy to say is just photoshop or fake.

Apollo all LRO views" class="img-fluid" />

Point 7: It began with Kennedy administration. Rockets aren't built over night. If it had been fake, a large scale event such as this would take an astronomical (get it?) amount of time and planning to get right. They'd have better chances getting to the moon.

"Im not saying everything about the moon landings is fake. My guess is that they sent guys up into low earth orbit, had them orbit the earth for a few days, then splash down when the mission was over. Nasa had a small satellite in space to simulate them recieving signals from apollo, which conveniently "crashed into the pacific" a few days before the missions. Im gonna assume they simply fed the control room guys more simulated data so they weren't in on it, and only the tiipy top people knew what was actually going on."

Seeing as I have visited mission control down in Houston Texas and knowing the way the did all the calculations and am learning some of the math involved, there would be absolutely no way they could bullshit that type of data.Not without the entire team being in on it.

Again I want to reiterate, MASSIVE scale to fake and fund. For trade deals? To be the "first"? Battle of the super powers? Could it have been fake? Maybe. My opinion is, we had a better realistic shot of landing man on the moon, than we did faking it.

I don't know if you have ever had the chance, but if you ever get a chance to visit NASA down in Houston Texas definitely do. One of the coolest things I have ever seen. It's partly what got me interested into my physics/engineering degrees. Walking into the hangar and seeing the sheer size of the Saturn rocket really puts into perspective of just how incredible it all is. They walk you through the labs and stuff and you can see real projects (what they can show you) going on. Really cool stuff.

We, with out a doubt, could do it today. We can launch rockets that come back down and vertically land on a small target barges in the middle of the ocean, only to be able to be relaunch a month later! That's crazy!
MotoMo165
9/3/2018 1:50am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 1:53am
What field of engineering is your degree in?

You do bring some interesting points. Mainly 3. I’m gonna have to do some reading because that doesn’t sound right.
MotoMo165
9/3/2018 2:25am
m121c wrote:
If the discussion was around some of the odd things that happened surrounding the missions, it would be an interesting discussion we could have. Saying "I...
If the discussion was around some of the odd things that happened surrounding the missions, it would be an interesting discussion we could have. Saying "I pretty much know the moon landings were fake" is a bold statement to make. It's easy to get wrapped up in an edited and out of context youtube consiparacy theory and think that it's compelling evidence (ive been there), but evidence isn't compelling until you have tried to challenge it.

I'm only going to reflect on a few of your points here.

Point 2: It was a NASA astronaut who said this(well not exactly in those terms), not the agency itself. The crews in the Apollo missions did get exposed to radiation passing through the Van Allen belts. With the technology of today, with some of the advancements in computers, guidance systems, etc. strong radiation could pose a strong threat to those devices. That's a problem that is needed to be solved (and this is the point that was made). For context here is the history and context of the myth:

Point 3: As you state at the start, you don't doubt we haven't put things on the moon. That just doesn't really add up. So you are saying we are capable of sending, positioning, and setting up structures/panels on the moon, mars, etc. but we can't get anything outside of 350 miles from the surface of the Earth? So although we have footage of these exact panels being setup (must be fake), they were actually set up by what? Rovers? We sent a rocket to the depths of our solar system and decades later were able to obtain high definition, quality, data of Pluto. Yet, we were never capable to send a manned rocket to the moon? There are reasons way beyond "not being able to do it" as to why we haven't had anything capable to send man to the moon since then. For one, the things we had that were powerful enough to get us there, got shut down by Congress.

Point 4: We have a satellite named Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) that can get within 50 km of the surface of the moon and has taken pretty HD photos of the Lunar mission sites. You can visually see the marks, descent, ascent, etc. I'm guessing that this point is easy to say is just photoshop or fake.

Apollo all LRO views" class="img-fluid" />

Point 7: It began with Kennedy administration. Rockets aren't built over night. If it had been fake, a large scale event such as this would take an astronomical (get it?) amount of time and planning to get right. They'd have better chances getting to the moon.

"Im not saying everything about the moon landings is fake. My guess is that they sent guys up into low earth orbit, had them orbit the earth for a few days, then splash down when the mission was over. Nasa had a small satellite in space to simulate them recieving signals from apollo, which conveniently "crashed into the pacific" a few days before the missions. Im gonna assume they simply fed the control room guys more simulated data so they weren't in on it, and only the tiipy top people knew what was actually going on."

Seeing as I have visited mission control down in Houston Texas and knowing the way the did all the calculations and am learning some of the math involved, there would be absolutely no way they could bullshit that type of data.Not without the entire team being in on it.

Again I want to reiterate, MASSIVE scale to fake and fund. For trade deals? To be the "first"? Battle of the super powers? Could it have been fake? Maybe. My opinion is, we had a better realistic shot of landing man on the moon, than we did faking it.

I don't know if you have ever had the chance, but if you ever get a chance to visit NASA down in Houston Texas definitely do. One of the coolest things I have ever seen. It's partly what got me interested into my physics/engineering degrees. Walking into the hangar and seeing the sheer size of the Saturn rocket really puts into perspective of just how incredible it all is. They walk you through the labs and stuff and you can see real projects (what they can show you) going on. Really cool stuff.

We, with out a doubt, could do it today. We can launch rockets that come back down and vertically land on a small target barges in the middle of the ocean, only to be able to be relaunch a month later! That's crazy!
Now you sound like an engineer
m121c
9/3/2018 9:03am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 9:06am
MotoMo165 wrote:
Now you sound like an engineer
Thanks, Im an undergrad right now. Im doing a dual degree program with a B.S. degree in both physics and mechanical engineering. Someday I will be though!
hard2kill
9/3/2018 10:29am
I was not yet alive during the moon landings. I don't know if we actually went there or not, but its not that hard for me to entertain the idea that we did not. I can only imagine how invested the culture was to this event during the time. You would surely have to overcome a bit of cognitive dissonance to entertain the possibility that it was all a lie.

Its odd how almost every single person will admit to telling lies, but nobody wants to believe they have been sold one.
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it and eventually they will believe it. 

To deny that there are problems with the moon landing story is Keeping your eyes wide shut.
NorCal 50+
9/3/2018 10:45am
hard2kill wrote:
I was not yet alive during the moon landings. I don't know if we actually went there or not, but its not that hard for me...
I was not yet alive during the moon landings. I don't know if we actually went there or not, but its not that hard for me to entertain the idea that we did not. I can only imagine how invested the culture was to this event during the time. You would surely have to overcome a bit of cognitive dissonance to entertain the possibility that it was all a lie.

Its odd how almost every single person will admit to telling lies, but nobody wants to believe they have been sold one.
Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it and eventually they will believe it. 

To deny that there are problems with the moon landing story is Keeping your eyes wide shut.
People will believe anything the US government say- anything. Americans especially, which is ironic.
We'll even sort of believe things we know are lies, like the lie that Saddam Hussein conducted the 9/11 attacks and had weapons of mass destruction. We don't even punish the liars and war criminals, we just continue to accept the lie, and continue the system they created to lie to us, cheat us, and take our money and liberty.
plowboy
9/3/2018 11:05am
hard2kill wrote:
I was not yet alive during the moon landings. I don't know if we actually went there or not, but its not that hard for me...

NorCal 50+ wrote:
People will believe anything the US government say- anything. Americans especially, which is ironic. We'll even sort of believe things we know are lies, like the...
People will believe anything the US government say- anything. Americans especially, which is ironic.
We'll even sort of believe things we know are lies, like the lie that Saddam Hussein conducted the 9/11 attacks and had weapons of mass destruction. We don't even punish the liars and war criminals, we just continue to accept the lie, and continue the system they created to lie to us, cheat us, and take our money and liberty.
I don't believe the framers of our country/constitution intended for us to have what we see today. They full well knew that corruption and greed had led to the downfall or despotism of nearly every nation in history. I think they'd be amazed we are still here at all, disgusted but amazed.
m121c
9/3/2018 11:43am
Its not that they couldn’t lie, it’s the logistics of faking the moon landing(s) that I find the hardest to believe.

Governments can’t build a functioning healthcare website for a few small payments of hundreds of millions of dollars. You think they could do a cover up to this magnitude and stay committed to it for decades? Thats some real trust in government lol.
Ebs
9/3/2018 11:51am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 12:51pm
What a compliment it must be for those that were part of the program. That the feat is something so amazing, it is unbelievable to some.
XXVoid MainXX
9/3/2018 12:51pm Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 12:51pm
I watched it all live when I was a kid. What would be WAY more amazing is that if the 1000s of people that would have had to be in on it could have kept up the lie for so long. Smile Where's Buzz when you need him with the right hook. Smile

https://www.thevintagenews.com/2017/05/28/that-time-when-buzz-aldrin-pu…
APLMAN99
9/3/2018 1:08pm
I watched it all live when I was a kid. What would be WAY more amazing is that if the 1000s of people that would have...
I watched it all live when I was a kid. What would be WAY more amazing is that if the 1000s of people that would have had to be in on it could have kept up the lie for so long. Smile Where's Buzz when you need him with the right hook. Smile

I'm surprised more of the guys he stalked didn't do that to him. The OP thinks that the guys he thrust the microphone at acted "bizarre". They actually acted far nicer and calmer than most of us would. If someone came up to me with cameras in tow and demanded that I swear to my name on a Bible, I'd probably treat it like a lunatic was accosting me. Which he is, and was........
ToolMaker
Fantasy
762nd
9/3/2018 2:16pm
I watched it all live when I was a kid. What would be WAY more amazing is that if the 1000s of people that would have...

And then there's that little event called the Holocaust that all those people are keeping the truth a secret.
And how many folks know but refuse to confirm that RV is a cyborg.
The ability of so many people to keep secrets, amazing, just amazing.

Post a reply to: Moon Landings

The Latest