Mmmmm

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
8/7/2016 8:17am
One of my favorites to grill. Normally we use Mahi Mahi but this time we used Tilapia,

Corn Tortillias, brushed with oil and either heated on the grill or the griddle,
lay down fish, sprinkle with cabbage, add our white sauce, add some Sriracha to your liking.
Our white fish sauce for this is equal parts mayo and sour cream add salt and pepper (very simple)

add beer and enjoy,
TM

|
bsm121
8/7/2016 8:19am
How long do you keep the fish on the grill?
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
8/7/2016 8:53am
So the first thing is that we NEVER buy the fish from the counter. The Mahi Mahi is usually a "previously frozen" and they have boxes in the freezer that have not yet been thawed. Ask for the frozen fillets that are still in back. This is so
"Yuge" (bigger than the trumpster) to the fresh flavor you'll have a beer in my honor later.
My grill will be approx 400deg and they will go anywhere from 5-7 min first side and 4-6 second side.
We typically brush a little oil on the fish and then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Super simple and super good! And very little cleanup after.
TM
Hudweiser9
8/7/2016 9:02am
Sounds GREAT!! I love all kinds of fish, the boss (wife) is a little more picky. She does like Magi though. I'll have to try your recipe. Thanks for the tip.
newmann
8/7/2016 9:28am
Food thread! You win the lunch trophy!! I think I'll have to go fire up the grill and do the same with some salmon I have in the freezer. 6 1/2 pounds of bone in prime rib getting prepped for dinner though....Smile

The Shop

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
8/7/2016 9:31am
newmann wrote:
Food thread! You win the lunch trophy!! I think I'll have to go fire up the grill and do the same with some salmon I have...
Food thread! You win the lunch trophy!! I think I'll have to go fire up the grill and do the same with some salmon I have in the freezer. 6 1/2 pounds of bone in prime rib getting prepped for dinner though....Smile

That there is a special occasion menu item for us. Oh so good.
newmann
8/7/2016 9:40am
ToolMaker wrote:
That there is a special occasion menu item for us. Oh so good.
Considering we were without a kitchen for a couple months and eating out most every day this seems cheap at the moment as we can eat on it for days. Credit card not getting swiped nearly as much now that everything is up and running. Getting into recovery mode...lol. I need to update the remodel thread.
Olson
8/7/2016 11:10am
I envy your seafood options. We just have stupid salmon over here.
newmann
8/7/2016 11:52am
Toolmaker inspired me. So did Olson. Stupid salmon tacos. Smile

Cabbage for her, lettuce for me. Black bean and corn salsa, roasted pepper salsa and her green goddess dressing with feta and real cheese for me. And of course a Pacifico.

Olson
8/7/2016 1:41pm
Fark that looks good!

...stupid salmon
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
8/7/2016 4:03pm
newmann wrote:
Toolmaker inspired me. So did Olson. Stupid salmon tacos. :) Cabbage for her, lettuce for me. Black bean and corn salsa, roasted pepper salsa and her...
Toolmaker inspired me. So did Olson. Stupid salmon tacos. Smile

Cabbage for her, lettuce for me. Black bean and corn salsa, roasted pepper salsa and her green goddess dressing with feta and real cheese for me. And of course a Pacifico.

Damn, we've got some talent here.
Full disclosure here, my wife really is an awesome cook and has
taught me a lot of what I never would have known.
You mentioned earlier about going out a lot while the kitchen
was being made new. I always get disappointed when we go out
to dinner because the food is so much better at home. Looks
like you might be in the same boat there.
I'm fortunate enough that I get to do the grilling though.
A couple of years ago we were going to have an open house
for my wife's company. We had all the fish in the freezer, 50lbs.
One day the freezer gave up the ghost. The fish started to thaw and we
had to have the party the next day. Not an oz of fish was left. We actually
went and bought a new grill at the Home Depot. Everyone who wanted pitched
in $10 and we raffled the new grill away.
TM
rongi#401
8/10/2016 7:59pm
ToolMaker wrote:
So the first thing is that we NEVER buy the fish from the counter. The Mahi Mahi is usually a "previously frozen" and they have boxes...
So the first thing is that we NEVER buy the fish from the counter. The Mahi Mahi is usually a "previously frozen" and they have boxes in the freezer that have not yet been thawed. Ask for the frozen fillets that are still in back. This is so
"Yuge" (bigger than the trumpster) to the fresh flavor you'll have a beer in my honor later.
My grill will be approx 400deg and they will go anywhere from 5-7 min first side and 4-6 second side.
We typically brush a little oil on the fish and then season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
Super simple and super good! And very little cleanup after.
TM
listen to this man
newmann
8/21/2016 6:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2016 6:59pm
The wife grilled up some chicken fajitas the other night while I cooked up the onions, bell peppers and some pablano peppers. Good stuff.

newmann
8/21/2016 7:01pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2016 7:08pm
Was craving some hot wings last week and decided that Buffalo Wild Wings (only decent wings around here) wasn't going to do. Seasoned some up with some Larue Tactical Dillo Dust, baked them in the oven for 20 minutes and then cooked in oil on the stove for a few minutes till nicely crisp. Heated up some Sweet Baby Rays wing sauce with a little butter and garlic and tossed to perfection. Frozen boudain balls sucked, will grill up some Zummo's next time.

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
8/22/2016 7:59am
newmann wrote:
The wife grilled up some chicken fajitas the other night while I cooked up the onions, bell peppers and some pablano peppers. Good stuff. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/21/148068/s1200_IMG_20160815_183259_809.jpg[/img]
The wife grilled up some chicken fajitas the other night while I cooked up the onions, bell peppers and some pablano peppers. Good stuff.

I like the way you think,
We did the same Saturday, only I grilled the Skirt Steak and the wife did the Onions and Peppers.
So the way I like to make the Guac is
Start with a few good Hass Avocados,
Typically I'll throw a whole can of pickled jalapenos in the blender and make a jalapeno paste.
Keep the pickling vinegar on the side. Add the the jalapeno paste to desired heat level, add in
some of the vinegar ( it adds flavor and keeps the Guac from going brown). Save the rest of the
paste and some vinegar for next time.Throw in some diced onions and add some salt.
Very simple but tasty. I don't know why but I just can't eat the stuff that people use lemon or lime
juice in. Just ruins the taste for me. I know a lot of people think it's the bomb just not for me.
We have a little tortilla store that makes them fresh daily, can't believe how much a good tortilla
makes a difference.
TM
IWreckALot
8/22/2016 10:22am
Here was my dinner the other night. I am about to have I buy a bigger grill.

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
8/22/2016 7:58pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Here was my dinner the other night. I am about to have I buy a bigger grill. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/22/148127/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/08/22/148128/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Here was my dinner the other night. I am about to have I buy a bigger grill.

Those look really tasty! Years ago our meat to veg ratio was very heavy in favor of meat.
These days we incorporate a lot of veg into our diet and the meat is usually small portions
if there at all. The other night we roasted cauliflower. My wife made greek yogurt and spice
paste that was spread all over the outside and then roasted. Can't say it looks the most
appetizing but was something we'll have again.

I'm going to have to start taking more food pics.
Stoneface
8/23/2016 8:07pm
Toolmaker,
Made your fish tacos tonight. Delicious!

You guys are inspiring.
newmann
8/24/2016 6:06am
Keep the pics flowing...those kabobs are keeping me up at night!

Decided to try out the griddle on the cooktop this weekend with some burgers. Burgers, bacon, onions, even toasted the buns. Quick and easy.

ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
8/24/2016 6:18am
newmann wrote:
Keep the pics flowing...those kabobs are keeping me up at night! Decided to try out the griddle on the cooktop this weekend with some burgers. Burgers...

Decided to try out the griddle on the cooktop this weekend with some burgers. Burgers, bacon, onions, even toasted the buns. Quick and easy.

Thermador cooktop?
newmann
8/24/2016 6:35am
Yessir. Waited a looonnnggg time for that. Lots of dent fixin'.Laughing
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
8/24/2016 6:41am
that's some fine kitchen equip. My wife had to wait 25 years for her "dream kitchen". Thermador was
on the want list but not in the budget list. Maybe we need to be fixing dents?
MR. X
8/24/2016 11:32am
newmann wrote:
Was craving some hot wings last week and decided that Buffalo Wild Wings (only decent wings around here) wasn't going to do. Seasoned some up with...
Was craving some hot wings last week and decided that Buffalo Wild Wings (only decent wings around here) wasn't going to do. Seasoned some up with some Larue Tactical Dillo Dust, baked them in the oven for 20 minutes and then cooked in oil on the stove for a few minutes till nicely crisp. Heated up some Sweet Baby Rays wing sauce with a little butter and garlic and tossed to perfection. Frozen boudain balls sucked, will grill up some Zummo's next time.

I go to buffalo wild wings just for their bottles of sauce , we do wings over the charcoal sometimes and just keep wiping that shit on there while they cook.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
10/24/2016 9:51am
If someone told me I was going to enjoy veggy pizza when I was younger I'd have told them "why would anybody want to eat that"? Bell peppers, Onions, Jalapenos, Olives, Artichoke Hearts,

Also some grilled wings to go with that,

bronwynrayne
10/24/2016 12:17pm
One of my fave is yum bowls. There's this hippy cafe that was started here in Eugene a while ago called Cafe Yum, but their shit is spendy so I make our own at home.

Rice, black beans, cheese, avocado, corn, salsa and sour cream, cilantro, lime, and liquid aminos. Sometimes I grill veggies with that too, and some chicken. Depends what is in the fridge. Fresh, easy, filling, and nutrient rich.

I'm making them tonight so I will post a photo!
kongols
10/24/2016 1:06pm
newmann wrote:
Keep the pics flowing...those kabobs are keeping me up at night! Decided to try out the griddle on the cooktop this weekend with some burgers. Burgers...

Jeez, only in America!. Burger here doesn`t taste like the ones we made in US.

TWO BIG THUMBS UP!!!
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
10/24/2016 5:18pm
One of my fave is yum bowls. There's this hippy cafe that was started here in Eugene a while ago called Cafe Yum, but their shit...
One of my fave is yum bowls. There's this hippy cafe that was started here in Eugene a while ago called Cafe Yum, but their shit is spendy so I make our own at home.

Rice, black beans, cheese, avocado, corn, salsa and sour cream, cilantro, lime, and liquid aminos. Sometimes I grill veggies with that too, and some chicken. Depends what is in the fridge. Fresh, easy, filling, and nutrient rich.

I'm making them tonight so I will post a photo!
Looking forward to the photos,
TM
IWreckALot
10/25/2016 4:58am
Here is a treat that is timeless. I love stuffed jalapeños. Cream cheese, onion powder, garlic sauce and bacon. I no longer wrap the bacon around. Instead I cook it first then top it on the poppers before they go on the grill.

IWreckALot
10/25/2016 4:58am
Grilled squirrel anyone?

IWreckALot
10/25/2016 5:03am
ToolMaker wrote:
If someone told me I was going to enjoy veggy pizza when I was younger I'd have told them "why would anybody want to eat that"...
If someone told me I was going to enjoy veggy pizza when I was younger I'd have told them "why would anybody want to eat that"? Bell peppers, Onions, Jalapenos, Olives, Artichoke Hearts,

Also some grilled wings to go with that,

You should try a grilled pizza. No pics in my photo library currently but they're really tasty. I like making my own wheat dough and everything. But a good charcoal fire brings the pizza to life. Once you get the dough prepared, throw it on the grill for about 3 min on one side, then flip it, and put your toppings on the other side for a good 5 min until the cheese is melted, and it's ready.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
927th
10/25/2016 6:42am
IWreckALot wrote:
Here is a treat that is timeless. I love stuffed jalapeños. Cream cheese, onion powder, garlic sauce and bacon. I no longer wrap the bacon around...
Here is a treat that is timeless. I love stuffed jalapeños. Cream cheese, onion powder, garlic sauce and bacon. I no longer wrap the bacon around. Instead I cook it first then top it on the poppers before they go on the grill.

Like the way you think,
this was dinner last month, except we didn't use cream cheese and they are Anaheim peppers

Post a reply to: Mmmmm

The Latest