Mistrial in Clive Bundy Case

NorCal 50+
"U.S. District Court Judge Gloria Navarro determined that the prosecution suppressed evidence from FBI surveillance cameras recording the Bundy family home and the presence of Bureau of Land Management snipers around the property in the days leading up to the standoff there. Additionally, the prosecution did not provide FBI logs, maps, reports and threat assessments that said the Bundy family was not dangerous.
Navarro pointed to assessments conducted by the FBI, the Southern Nevada Counter Terrorism Center and the BLM that said “the Bundy family is not violent” and that they “would probably get in your face, but not get into a shootout.”
The court “regrettably believes a mistrial is the only suitable option,” Navarro told the packed Nevada courtroom. “A fair trial at this point is impossible.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/judge-declares-mistrial-in-case…

So they cheated so badly that they had to throw the whole case out. There must be some civil cases around this deal.
|
KMC440
12/20/2017 11:08pm
Yeah ... this really isn't over. I hope the Bundy family can go back to being just cattle ranchers but doubt that's possible now. Maybe a few FBI staff relocations are in order? There will definitely be a civil suit I would believe.
Titan1
12/20/2017 11:41pm
This trial really exposed the corruption that goes on in the BLM as they “manage” federal land in the West. The Bundy’s are the ones who took their lumps in order to expose it.
Titan1
12/20/2017 11:43pm
I hope the Bundy’s sue the BLM...and I hope they win.
12/21/2017 5:13am
Titan1 wrote:
The Bundys are just a bunch of squatters and thieves that refused to pay their grazing fees. No different than someone cheating the system to collect disability or unemployment. They're white Cowboys though so everybody wants to hail them is heros.

The Shop

Titan1
12/21/2017 6:06am
Titan1 wrote:
The Bundys are just a bunch of squatters and thieves that refused to pay their grazing fees. No different than someone cheating the system to collect...
The Bundys are just a bunch of squatters and thieves that refused to pay their grazing fees. No different than someone cheating the system to collect disability or unemployment. They're white Cowboys though so everybody wants to hail them is heros.
Lol...do a little research into this outside of the main stream media...then you’ll have a different opinion on the Bundy’s. It’s far more than about grazing fees.

The federal government is wrong, and the Bundy’s are right...top to bottom....Why do you think they got off on Oregon...and are getting off now? The feds have been lying, stealing, breaking the law from the beginning...the Bundy’s were the only ones that stood up to them...and this case is exposing just how shady the feds are when it comes to dealing with ranchers and rural communities...they are bullies who think they are above the law...the Bundy’s weren’t having it.
Homey55
12/21/2017 7:52am
From my perspective, the Bundy's put the law to the test, when no one else would, and they embarrassed the Fed's in front of everyone. The Fed's had to do some damage control so as to not expose their law breaking effort to make an example of the Bundy's.
12/21/2017 7:56am
Titan1 wrote:
The Bundys are just a bunch of squatters and thieves that refused to pay their grazing fees. No different than someone cheating the system to collect...
Titan1 wrote:
Lol...do a little research into this outside of the main stream media...then you’ll have a different opinion on the Bundy’s. It’s far more than about grazing...
Lol...do a little research into this outside of the main stream media...then you’ll have a different opinion on the Bundy’s. It’s far more than about grazing fees.

The federal government is wrong, and the Bundy’s are right...top to bottom....Why do you think they got off on Oregon...and are getting off now? The feds have been lying, stealing, breaking the law from the beginning...the Bundy’s were the only ones that stood up to them...and this case is exposing just how shady the feds are when it comes to dealing with ranchers and rural communities...they are bullies who think they are above the law...the Bundy’s weren’t having it.
Sorry I should clarify. My comment about Bundy doesn't mean I side with the BLM or the FBI. I do believe however that public land is uniquely American and as an important a right as the 1st and 2nd ammendment. Before this country was established it was the King's deer, the King's timber, etc ect. The Bundy''s ,the deception from the BLM and FBI, and the fact that neither political party has a practical stance on this issue is frustrating.
Titan1
12/21/2017 8:16am
Titan1 wrote:
Lol...do a little research into this outside of the main stream media...then you’ll have a different opinion on the Bundy’s. It’s far more than about grazing...

Sorry I should clarify. My comment about Bundy doesn't mean I side with the BLM or the FBI. I do believe however that public land is...
Sorry I should clarify. My comment about Bundy doesn't mean I side with the BLM or the FBI. I do believe however that public land is uniquely American and as an important a right as the 1st and 2nd ammendment. Before this country was established it was the King's deer, the King's timber, etc ect. The Bundy''s ,the deception from the BLM and FBI, and the fact that neither political party has a practical stance on this issue is frustrating.
Thank you for the clarification...

And for the record, I don't agree with how the Bundy's went about proving their point...there is, in my opinion, better ways to do it (through the court process...but who knows if that would have worked?)...but, I do admire their willingness to stand behind their convictions...they've spent years behind bars-and one of them gave their life-when they could have folded (like so many other ranchers, and rural communities have done in the past...which is what the BLM expected them to do, because that is what everyone else has done in the past in response to the BLM bullying) and never spent a day in jail.

But it's worth pointing out, since you bring up the "kings deer" and "kings timber"...that often the BLM-and their agents-treat public land like its the "BLM's deer, the BLM's Timber, the BLM's grass, the BLM's water, the BLM's dirt". And essentially act the same way those kings did. That is why the Bundy's finally stood up to them...and they embarrassed the feds in the process...hopefully, setting a new precedent, and putting a little fear into the BLM agents and officers which will change how they treat other ranchers and rural communities.

(Look into Dan Love...just fired from the BLM...if you want some more info on their tactics and corruption).

And I will way I don't think everyone that works for the BLM (or the forest service, or national parks service) are bad...but there is a culture of corruption and bullying in those organizations.
NorCal 50+
12/21/2017 9:25am
It's really crazy how this turned out- the fact the government cheated and lied over the whole thing should not surprise anybody. And the media of course went along with whatever narrative the government fed them. This happens pretty much all the time with everything.

"Navarro spoke of several reports that were also kept from the defense that showed that the Bundy family’s cows — which had been illegally grazing on public lands for more than 20 years when the BLM orchestrated a roundup of the cattle — had “no detrimental impact on Desert Tortoise habitat.” The tortoise is listed as “threatened” under the Endangered Species Act.
Such details cast doubt on the government’s portrait of the family as violent, paranoid, anti-government extremists. But Navarro noted to the courtroom that declaring a mistrial does not mean that the men are being found not guilty."

Post a reply to: Mistrial in Clive Bundy Case

The Latest