" Misspoke" Politicians Kill Me.

Rupert X
Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 10:27am

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=fpQwNGOrPSh

Did anybody see this weasel's press-conference today ?

For the record, I despise the Republican political machine equally with the Dems.

To me, most career politicians are sleaze-balls, in all parties.
|
rc4187
5/18/2010 1:55pm
"most career politicians are sleaze-balls, in all parties."

quoted for truth
flarider
5/18/2010 2:02pm
Yeah, he fucked up, but you know what's weird? He has said many many times that his was in the military at the time of Vietnam, but not in Vietnam...there is a bunch of examples
and then he did this.

Has to be a total brain fart.
Robert
5/18/2010 2:24pm
flarider wrote:
Yeah, he fucked up, but you know what's weird? He has said many many times that his was in the military at the time of Vietnam...
Yeah, he fucked up, but you know what's weird? He has said many many times that his was in the military at the time of Vietnam, but not in Vietnam...there is a bunch of examples
and then he did this.

I'd like to see the examples if you have em handy

The Shop

motogeezer
5/18/2010 2:56pm
Kinda like Hillary's story about dodging bombs in Iraq.
flarider
5/18/2010 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:53pm
flarider wrote:
Yeah, he fucked up, but you know what's weird? He has said many many times that his was in the military at the time of Vietnam...
and then he did this.

Robert wrote:
March 1st, Dem debate in CT

MXMatt
5/18/2010 3:08pm
I would have been satisfied if he had said something along these lines:

I was a Marine reserve. I served to the best of my ability in that capacity. I am envious that many of my fellow enlistees actually braved the battlefield and returned alive. To me they are true soldiers and heros. I guess deep down inside of me I know I am a pussy compared to them and at points of weakness in my career I have tried to lump myself in with them by making misleading statements that I actually was with them. I am only a man and in this case I erred and disrespected the men and women who did serve in the Viet Nam war. I hope that my honesty about my weakness does not make me an unfit contender for the current political process of which I am participating in. However, if that be the case, then I take full responsibility for the words I used in error an deception. May I be forgiven and we all move on.
flarider
5/18/2010 3:09pm
motogeezer wrote:
Kinda like Hillary's story about dodging bombs in Iraq.
No, she was full of shit on that one.
She actually said she was dodging sniper fire when her and Chelsea went to, I think it was Bosnia
Rupert X
5/18/2010 3:25pm
I was truly disappointed, too - at those vets who stood behind him at that press conference

- for a few reasons.

I do give him credit for serving in the Marines - especially as an enlisted man, since I'm

assuming he was a child of privilege - since he went to Harvard.

I don't like the using of "misspoke" at all. I prefer lie, or "to not tell the truth."

"Misspoke " reminds us of the Clinton - "What is "IS" crap"....

I don't know the guy or know his record and care not what party he belongs to - to me

they're all the same - the "system" seems to perpetuate the old-boys network of

lies, corruption, power and deceit.
5/18/2010 3:44pm
He got mixed up about serving in nam?

That is like forgetting you were involved in an orgy at the playboy mansion while running rails with Slash and Ozzy Osborne!
Rupert X
5/18/2010 4:45pm
He got mixed up about serving in nam? That is like forgetting you were involved in an orgy at the playboy mansion while running rails with...
He got mixed up about serving in nam?

That is like forgetting you were involved in an orgy at the playboy mansion while running rails with Slash and Ozzy Osborne!

Dig it - while he can claim "Vietnam Era" service, to imply or suggest that he was

"in country" - is deception - at best.
5/18/2010 6:35pm
Rupert X wrote:

Dig it - while he can claim "Vietnam Era" service, to imply or suggest that he was

"in country" - is deception - at best.
Oh I feel ya Bro!

So if i was born on an army base during the Vietnam era (which i was not) I could claim to have been in the military during the Nam era!

2 year olds would make excellent tunnel rats come to think of it.
pelted
5/18/2010 6:56pm
Candidate’s Words on Vietnam Service Differ From History
NYT

In 2003, he [Blumenthal] addressed a rally in Bridgeport, where about 100 military families gathered to express support for American troops overseas. “When we returned, we saw nothing like this,”...Asked about the Bridgeport rally, Mr. Blumenthal said he did not recall the event.

“We have learned something important since the days that I served in Vietnam,” Mr. Blumenthal said to the group gathered in Norwalk in March 2008.

There was one problem: Mr. Blumenthal, a Democrat now running for the United States Senate, never served in Vietnam. He obtained at least five military deferments from 1965 to 1970 and took repeated steps that enabled him to avoid going to war, according to records.

What is striking about Mr. Blumenthal's record is the contrast between the many steps he took that allowed him to avoid Vietnam, and the misleading way he often speaks about that period of his life now, especially when he is speaking at veterans' ceremonies or other patriotic events.
Meridian
5/18/2010 7:19pm
Rupert X wrote:
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=fpQwNGOrPSh Did anybody see this weasel's press-conference today ? For the record, I despise the Republican political machine equally with the Dems. To me, most career...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=fpQwNGOrPSh

Did anybody see this weasel's press-conference today ?

For the record, I despise the Republican political machine equally with the Dems.

To me, most career politicians are sleaze-balls, in all parties.
Call a spade a spade.Don't preface it "For the record, I despise the Republican political machine equally with the Dems". This peice of shit compares himself with everybody that did serve, lost arms, legs, or got half their brains blown out and they were the lucky ones. All libs hate war and the soldiers that fight them unless they think it can better their career.Don't post this kind of horseshit if your going to ride the fence and portray yourself as a centerist to keep from pissing off a few people. Keep posting about fast cars if you want, but sack up if you're going to post political, social issues.
pelted
5/18/2010 7:21pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:54pm
fcr
5/18/2010 10:00pm
The link has changed, but I saw the explanation. He has shown his true colors.
Robert
5/18/2010 10:08pm
flarider wrote:
and then he did this.

Robert wrote:
flarider wrote:
March 1st, Dem debate in CT

When you said "there is a bunch of examples" I was expecting more than one
flarider
5/19/2010 4:17am
It took me long enough to find the one.
I have seen others on TV
Not like I closely follow the race in CT or really care.
I knew one was during a debate, and even that took a while to find
Robert
5/19/2010 10:26am
So there's not a bunch of examples?
flarider
5/19/2010 10:31am
I saw others, but I'm not digging them up
I don't care enough to.
I don't give a shit if he wins or loses, I just know what I saw.
I found one of them because I knew it was during the debate, if that's not enough for you, oh well.
Robert
5/19/2010 10:35am
flarider wrote:
I saw others, but I'm not digging them up I don't care enough to. I don't give a shit if he wins or loses, I just...
I saw others, but I'm not digging them up
I don't care enough to.
I don't give a shit if he wins or loses, I just know what I saw.
I found one of them because I knew it was during the debate, if that's not enough for you, oh well.
Why dont you just say you Misspoke

Post a reply to: " Misspoke" Politicians Kill Me.

The Latest