Mission Blue - Sylvia A Earle - on Netflix

Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
Edited Date/Time 11/1/2019 5:54am

I watched Mission Blue on Netflix and I encourage all of you who have not yet watched it to do so. Last night I watched it the 2nd time with my daughters. They were almost in tears as they understand how this will effect them in years to come.

https://mission-blue.org/about/

I wish you would use all means at your disposal—films, expeditions, the web, new submarines—to create a campaign to ignite public support for a global network of marine protected areas; Hope Spots large enough to save and restore the blue heart of the planet - Sylvia A Earle.

Mission Blue inspires action to explore and protect the ocean. Led by legendary oceanographer Dr. Sylvia Earle, Mission Blue is uniting a global coalition to inspire an upwelling of public awareness, access and support for a worldwide network of marine protected areas – Hope Spots. Under Dr. Earle’s leadership, the Mission Blue team implements communications campaigns that elevate Hope Spots to the world stage through documentaries, social media, traditional media and innovative tools like Google Earth. Mission Blue also embarks on regular oceanic expeditions that shed light on these vital ecosystems and build support for their protection. Currently, the Mission Blue alliance includes more than 200 respected ocean conservation groups and like-minded organizations, from large multinational companies to individual scientific teams doing important research. Additionally, Mission Blue supports the work of conservation NGOs that share the mission of building public support for ocean protection. With the concerted effort and passion of people and organizations around the world, Hope Spots can become a reality and form a global network of marine protected areas large enough to restore the ocean, the blue heart of the planet.

Spread the word far and wide people.

|
ocscottie
11/1/2019 5:51am Edited Date/Time 11/1/2019 5:52am
I havent seen that one, thanks for the heads up. I freaking love all the "Planet" flicks and have seen them all numerous times. Watching Mission Blue now....
Boomslang
Fantasy
725th
11/1/2019 5:54am
ocscottie wrote:
I havent seen that one, thanks for the heads up. I freaking love all the "Planet" flicks and have seen them all numerous times. Watching Mission...
I havent seen that one, thanks for the heads up. I freaking love all the "Planet" flicks and have seen them all numerous times. Watching Mission Blue now....
Let me know what you think. For me it was an eye opener.

Post a reply to: Mission Blue - Sylvia A Earle - on Netflix

The Latest