Ministry of Truth? 1984.

tuggy450
Edited Date/Time 5/19/2022 4:37am
Ladies and Gentlemen. It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

We have big problems......4/27/22 senate hearing.

" Our Undersecretary for policy Rob Silvers, is co chair, with our principal deputy council, Jennifer Daskal with a just recently constituted, misinformation disinformation governance board.".

Alejandro Mayorkas,United States secretary of homeland security since February 2, 2021.

|
plowboy
4/28/2022 2:17pm
What I don't understand about freedom of speech is this...where does expressing an opinion vs expressing falsehoods and lies diverge? You guys do know there is a difference, right? I don't know how they will weed out the bad but if you've ever tried to grow a garden...you know that you have to weed it or lose it.
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/28/2022 2:35pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2022 2:38pm
^ Opinion and fact diverge.
There are very well-documented court cases which clearly spell out the speech which is lesser-protected or not protected by the 1st amendment. Slander and libel are illegal, and you cannot say things which might compel a reasonable person act in an way unsafe or detrimental to his and others' health (yelling "Fire" in a crowded auditorium, for instance).
However, The problem lies with the censorship and/or suppression of speech which counters "accepted" opinions which are not or may not be fact. Clearly, public discourse in social media and in the press has been stifled, much to the benefit of the left in recent years. One example:

-Follow the science. In other words, believe everything we say about Covid, without any burden of proof.
(Science tells us to doubt everything. If I doubt what they say about Covid, even so much as to ask for the proof, I get banned.)

I hope the "Misinformation Disinformation Governance Board" closely follows the rule of law, or all is lost. Gentlemen, we just witnessed the birth of another frightening threat to our democracy. Can you imagine how loudly the democrats would howl if Trump had set this board up? (As would I, for that matter.)

Edited for clarity.
LoudLove
4/28/2022 2:56pm
The issue is: what constitutes a lie? There is a difference between a lie and an opinion, however that difference is largely subjective. It’s those variations that create rifts between people on opposite sides of a spectrum. Conspiracy theories are largely wild-ass opinions/speculation, and while many might classify them as lies, technically most don’t fall under that category.

The Shop

TeamGreen
4/28/2022 3:03pm
Our current Administration telling us that they are Guardians of The Truth...?

Bwaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaa

BMSOBx2
4/28/2022 4:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2022 4:49pm
LoudLove wrote:
The issue is: what constitutes a lie? There is a difference between a lie and an opinion, however that difference is largely subjective. It’s those variations...
The issue is: what constitutes a lie? There is a difference between a lie and an opinion, however that difference is largely subjective. It’s those variations that create rifts between people on opposite sides of a spectrum. Conspiracy theories are largely wild-ass opinions/speculation, and while many might classify them as lies, technically most don’t fall under that category.
Aye, the technicality is the rub. In the media many pass off opinion and speculation as fact. That in and of itself makes it a lie yet they accept no responsibility for it as in "you can't sue me, it was only an opinion".
Heggo
4/28/2022 5:51pm
United we stand
Divided we fall!

And the Divided States of America that has fallen victim to foreign state propaganda and false information directed to both sides of the political opinion, will fall more easily.

Now think about that for a minute.
Heggo
4/28/2022 6:00pm
LoudLove wrote:
The issue is: what constitutes a lie? There is a difference between a lie and an opinion, however that difference is largely subjective. It’s those variations...
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Aye, the technicality is the rub. In the media many pass off opinion and speculation as fact. That in and of itself makes it a lie...
Aye, the technicality is the rub. In the media many pass off opinion and speculation as fact. That in and of itself makes it a lie yet they accept no responsibility for it as in "you can't sue me, it was only an opinion".
I'm more worried about these unregulated "news" outlets that have no recourse. I can make up a web page today, give it a catchy name like http://www.patriot-truth.org write a bullshit piece and publish same day with links established on FB, Twitter, IG etc and it will be passed off as fact as some and shared further. This is then picked up by larger pages/organizations and distributed further and that point becomes fact by more and more until it becomes the truth.

Classic KGB stuff.
TXDirt
4/28/2022 6:05pm
Yes let’s police the internet. But leave the Southern border open. What a clown show.
Heggo
4/28/2022 7:55pm
TXDirt wrote:
Yes let’s police the internet. But leave the Southern border open. What a clown show.
I thought someone was building/built a wall and Mexico was paying for it? Are the Mexicans building it too? They build everything else I see on American TV like those house flip shows. Who would do the cheap labor if you had no illegals?
Heggo
4/28/2022 8:02pm
TXDirt wrote:
Ukraine = Fast invasion by Russians in tanks raping civilians/shooting elderly that couldn't leave

USA = very slow invasion by Mexicans on foot looking for work and some bring in drugs for the USA consumers

Sorry. No tears for you.

Quick question. How many Mexicans or Mexican Americans work for you or you had work done for you?
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2551st
4/28/2022 8:09pm
plowboy wrote:
What I don't understand about freedom of speech is this...where does expressing an opinion vs expressing falsehoods and lies diverge? You guys do know there is...
What I don't understand about freedom of speech is this...where does expressing an opinion vs expressing falsehoods and lies diverge? You guys do know there is a difference, right? I don't know how they will weed out the bad but if you've ever tried to grow a garden...you know that you have to weed it or lose it.
It doesn't. Freedom of speech means freedom to lie. It's your job to discern the truth.

tuggy450
4/28/2022 8:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2022 8:10pm
TXDirt wrote:
Yep Alejandro Mayorka was torn a new azz by many lawmakers from only one side of the isle yesterday on Capitol Hill. The #1 Cause of death 18-45 is Fentanyl overdoses, Yet, this clown show thinks climate change and domestic terrorism specifically white supremacy is the #1 threat to US national security.

Borders? We don't need no stinkin Borders.

Got any data to back that up Alejandro? Uhmm let me get he minister of disinformation on that for you and we'll circle back to you.

The whole Biden Administration is a joke. Biden needs to be Impeached now, guy makes Jimmy Carter look good. Kamala can't be any worse, Corruption, incompetence, lying, Soon even Democrats will turn on him. Better to do it now before the midterms. Put it on record.
Heggo
4/28/2022 8:44pm
TXDirt wrote:
tuggy450 wrote:
Yep Alejandro Mayorka was torn a new azz by many lawmakers from only one side of the isle yesterday on Capitol Hill. The #1 Cause of...
Yep Alejandro Mayorka was torn a new azz by many lawmakers from only one side of the isle yesterday on Capitol Hill. The #1 Cause of death 18-45 is Fentanyl overdoses, Yet, this clown show thinks climate change and domestic terrorism specifically white supremacy is the #1 threat to US national security.

Borders? We don't need no stinkin Borders.

Got any data to back that up Alejandro? Uhmm let me get he minister of disinformation on that for you and we'll circle back to you.

The whole Biden Administration is a joke. Biden needs to be Impeached now, guy makes Jimmy Carter look good. Kamala can't be any worse, Corruption, incompetence, lying, Soon even Democrats will turn on him. Better to do it now before the midterms. Put it on record.
Got an like, real evidence? You should send it through to someone if you do
Heggo
4/28/2022 8:46pm
TXDirt wrote:
Heggo wrote:
Ukraine = Fast invasion by Russians in tanks raping civilians/shooting elderly that couldn't leave USA = very slow invasion by Mexicans on foot looking for work...
Ukraine = Fast invasion by Russians in tanks raping civilians/shooting elderly that couldn't leave

USA = very slow invasion by Mexicans on foot looking for work and some bring in drugs for the USA consumers

Sorry. No tears for you.

Quick question. How many Mexicans or Mexican Americans work for you or you had work done for you?
So we got at least 3 in here using the cheap labor. At the moment anyway.
Gworm
4/28/2022 8:52pm
plowboy wrote:
What I don't understand about freedom of speech is this...where does expressing an opinion vs expressing falsehoods and lies diverge? You guys do know there is...
From what I’ve seen, the ones weeding this garden will take out the vegetables and leave the weeds.
olds cool
4/28/2022 9:09pm
How awesome is it that Nina Jankowicz, the person that is heading this up, asserted that the Steele Dossier was real AND Hunter’s lap top was a “fairytale”? WoohooGrinningAngryEvil
BMSOBx2
4/28/2022 9:13pm
LoudLove wrote:
BMSOBx2 wrote:
Aye, the technicality is the rub. In the media many pass off opinion and speculation as fact. That in and of itself makes it a lie...
Heggo wrote:
I'm more worried about these unregulated "news" outlets that have no recourse. I can make up a web page today, give it a catchy name like...
I'm more worried about these unregulated "news" outlets that have no recourse. I can make up a web page today, give it a catchy name like http://www.patriot-truth.org write a bullshit piece and publish same day with links established on FB, Twitter, IG etc and it will be passed off as fact as some and shared further. This is then picked up by larger pages/organizations and distributed further and that point becomes fact by more and more until it becomes the truth.

Classic KGB stuff.
No recourse?.......hmmmmmmHuh
SEEMEFIRST
4/28/2022 9:13pm
TXDirt wrote:
Heggo wrote:
Ukraine = Fast invasion by Russians in tanks raping civilians/shooting elderly that couldn't leave USA = very slow invasion by Mexicans on foot looking for work...

Sorry. No tears for you.

Death by a thousand tiny cuts is still death.

The cheap labor argument is weak strawman.

How are we supposed to support all these new people coming in?
They aren't property owners, so they don't pay the taxes that fund public schools and hospitals.

Fentenyl has killed thousands of people the last year, and it comes from the southern border.

They're finding babies alone by the river.

Yeah, keep thinking whatever the MSM is telling you.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
4/28/2022 9:33pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Our current Administration telling us that they are Guardians of The Truth...?

Bwaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaa

To be fair , you could say that about any USA administration in the last 50 years
tuggy450
4/28/2022 9:50pm
Heggo wrote:
So we got at least 3 in here using the cheap labor. At the moment anyway.
See and this is classic disinformation, make up some shit story and people spend time defending it.

Is your wife still suing you for beating her up?

Just like 90% of the stories being told by the Ukrainian minister of Russian disinformation.
Snake Island, Ghost of Kiev, multiple videos claiming their own tanks are Russian tanks. farmers towing Russian submarines,
planes flying from 5 years ago at an airshow,
even a video from a video game.

Sorry Ukrainian state run media is not trustworthy even in the best of times, certainly not in a fog of war situation. I see guys lapping up ukraine daily nonsense daily and the only thing I can do is shake my head.

Meanwhile Ukrainian battalions, post videos of themselves shooting Russian soldiers who are captured or surrendered, stabbing a guy in the eye, a ukrainian military guy claiming he has instructed his doctors to castrate prisoners, ethnic Russians being used as shields, Bodies show up in the streets on google days after russia leaves Bucha. Multiple video's from Ukrainian volunteers who realize they made a big mistake. had to sneak back across border as red cross workers, told by ukrainians they would be shot for desertion.

True? Nah , Propaganda........the first casualty of war is the truth.

Whistling

tuggy450
4/28/2022 9:59pm
Oh here's a good one...watch the video. I thought we had no troops on the ground in Ukraine? If true Biden administration is lying to the US people.

I mean sounds somewhat reasonable a French journalist going over with some French volunteers. I haven't see his claims marked as misinformation yet.

https://yournews.com/2022/04/12/2328217/americans-are-in-charge-of-the-…

Falcon
Fantasy
798th
4/28/2022 10:20pm
plowboy wrote:
It doesn't. Freedom of speech means freedom to lie. It's your job to discern the truth.

This. A consumer of media should always be aware there could be lies out there. Caveat Emptor.
Heggo
4/28/2022 11:43pm
tuggy450 wrote:
Oh here's a good one...watch the video. I thought we had no troops on the ground in Ukraine? If true Biden administration is lying to the...
Oh here's a good one...watch the video. I thought we had no troops on the ground in Ukraine? If true Biden administration is lying to the US people.

I mean sounds somewhat reasonable a French journalist going over with some French volunteers. I haven't see his claims marked as misinformation yet.

https://yournews.com/2022/04/12/2328217/americans-are-in-charge-of-the-…

So a pop up news site with adds on side for Ammo and hard dick pills with supposed stories written by regular people (non notable journalist) and screen shot as story photo of Getty images supplied BBC photo from BBC news site has story taken from this twitter of French right wing commentator who gives favorable comments to Putin backed French right wing Presidential hopeful Marine Le Pen that is about to just go to French national election as story writes (and lost) about an volunteer American veteran giving support/advice on the ground to Ukraine forces in foreign legion with many more countries.

Translated:
Boris Johnson's visit to kyiv confirms London's place as Ukraine's first ally. “Elite SAS special forces units have been present in Ukraine since the beginning of the war, as have the American Deltas,” confides a French intelligence source.

As pointed out in a reply Tweet for French jorno, he acknowledged that the guy wasn't US military but a veteran, like many in the foreign legion. So what's his point? He didn't like that an American was an officer in the foreign legion? Then he jumps, with no support, that the "Pentagon" was in charge? Not much of a journalist.

And they say the young are impressionable.
tuggy450
4/29/2022 1:55am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2022 1:58am
Heggo wrote:
So a pop up news site with adds on side for Ammo and hard dick pills with supposed stories written by regular people (non notable journalist)...
So a pop up news site with adds on side for Ammo and hard dick pills with supposed stories written by regular people (non notable journalist) and screen shot as story photo of Getty images supplied BBC photo from BBC news site has story taken from this twitter of French right wing commentator who gives favorable comments to Putin backed French right wing Presidential hopeful Marine Le Pen that is about to just go to French national election as story writes (and lost) about an volunteer American veteran giving support/advice on the ground to Ukraine forces in foreign legion with many more countries.

Translated:
Boris Johnson's visit to kyiv confirms London's place as Ukraine's first ally. “Elite SAS special forces units have been present in Ukraine since the beginning of the war, as have the American Deltas,” confides a French intelligence source.

As pointed out in a reply Tweet for French jorno, he acknowledged that the guy wasn't US military but a veteran, like many in the foreign legion. So what's his point? He didn't like that an American was an officer in the foreign legion? Then he jumps, with no support, that the "Pentagon" was in charge? Not much of a journalist.

And they say the young are impressionable.
Look you're entitled to your own opinion.

Got the wrong guy Heggo I really don't give two shits about the Zelensky regime or Putin regime or their Propaganda, on both sides anymore.

Biden is asking for 33 billion more dollars for Ukraine so maybe that makes you feel better.

I don't support Zelensky because he is a chubby little man in military garb, who has annexed the media, TV stations, is surrounded by paramilitary, has outlawed arrested and jailed political opposition, has engaged in an ethnic war in his own country, outlawing their language and negating any political power they had. He has stripped the people of any rights they have, that as an American I believe are inalienable. So his actions are not compatible with my beliefs.

Zelensky is he leader of an ethno fascist dictatorial nationalist regime with a Social Nationalist Ideology.

I do not support that ideology on principle. You might as well ask me to send money to support another chubby little fat man in military garb in North Korea. Kim Jong un

We have our own problems here, so thanks but no thanks.

I'm willing to support the ethnic Ukrainian and Russian people in Ukraine in order for them to find some lasting peace but that's it. But, I don't see any support for that. So good luck with your war.

Don't confuse my lack of support for your position as support for Putin. I don't support Putin for the same reason, Our Ideologies are not compatible.

We don't need to have some nuclear showdown supporting some asshole ethno fascist social nationalism regime 5000 miles away.

So I'm not supporting that shit sorry, ask your communist buddies for help.

mvd61
4/29/2022 5:48am
Thankfully Obummer repealed the Smith-Mundt act which kept the media from pushing propaganda. Oh look. The govt created a problem and is now offering a freedom stealing solution. Hooray.
JAFO92
4/29/2022 6:23am
So the habitual liar in the Oval Office who cant even assemble a full sentence without blanking out, is literally creating and weaponizing a Federal department to intimidate regular Americans & businesses from dissenting or plain wrong language? Fuck that silly 1A ! And here I thought going after those meanie school board meeting attendees was bad, now Dementia Joe is assembling & arming his cyber SS storm troopers to keep you from spreading "dis or mis, information." If this shit doesnt show up on your "Whoa, this shit aint right" radar, you deserve to get herded with the rest of the brainswashed sheeple. Federal Thought Police beating down your door for a tweet.

Now lets sit back and see how many threads or posts get started by the "fair & balanced" liberals on this board denouncing this serious bullshit........

JAFO92
4/29/2022 6:49am
And THIS is the 33 year old who is gonna be in charge of deciding what is or is not okay for you to say.

Waking up yet?
Joey_Bridges
4/29/2022 6:55am
JAFO92 wrote:
And THIS is the 33 year old who is gonna be in charge of deciding what is or is not okay for you to say. [embed]https://youtu.be/eywF-wUBp1o[/embed]...
And THIS is the 33 year old who is gonna be in charge of deciding what is or is not okay for you to say.

Waking up yet?
You beat me to it.
Was just getting ready to post that.
What a frikkin loon.

As far as this sudden disinformation bullshit coming from that fake white house set.
It's too late to put the horse back into the barn.
It's bolted.

They can't hide the southern border crisis.
They can't hide gas prices, grocery prices, material costs, supply chain issues, etc....

They can not hide their massive failures from the American people.

Post a reply to: Ministry of Truth? 1984.

The Latest