Military Spouse's/ Active Personal.

NP301
How is it like living on base, and how much does the army / etc, cover in the sense of expenses.
|
Electro21
Fantasy
79th
11/22/2017 3:48pm
Its nice not having to fight traffic in the morning getting on post, but I prefer to live off post. I've bought a house at my last two duty stations; Hawaii and Virginia.

As for expenses, BAH depends on where you are. You can google the BAH rate for where you are stationed. Some places like Hawaii offer COLA (Cost of Living Allowance) which was like a $1000 a month I believe.
Wildeye511
11/22/2017 9:11pm
Depending on the base, some have newer housing than others. You dont really have an expenses except for your cable, internet. Other utilities are free. Downsides for some people are you have rules to go by on base, such as keeping yard in order, making sure trash cans are off the street by certain time, things like that. Personally they are easy rules to follow in my opinion. I have had friends that prefer to live off base to get away from it. I like off base because I usually have had cheaper rent than what I was given for housing allowance, so I could pocket some bucks.

Post a reply to: Military Spouse's/ Active Personal.

The Latest