MercyMe

TXDirt
7/8/2018 8:04pm
They did an interview with MercyMe at our church about a month or two ago. And they played their song I Can Only Imagine. Which transcended several music genre charts at the time.

Tonight the wife and I finally had a chance to watch the movie I Can Only Imagine which is based on the lead singers relationship and life with his own father.

My wife does not have a good relationship with her family and her father passed about 8 years ago. Unfortunately they were not able to mend their relationship fully.

We both were bawling from the credits to the end during the movie. We knew what the movie was about and we were obviously touched by it. Her because she is from parents who don't care about her much. And me from parents who have given their life for their children.

Anyways, check the movie out. Worth it.

This is the song my wife picked for her fathers funeral.

https://youtu.be/N_lrrq_opng

This is the trailer for the movie. Watch and enjoy it for what it is. It's a fantastic movie.

https://youtu.be/3JwRSbCPAp0
|
JustMX
7/9/2018 5:00am
Watched it the other night. it was a good movie, and if it does make one consider mending their relationship with a parent before time runs out that is a good thing.

I haven't researched it but if Amy grant really did that thing on stage instead of singing it herself, that was an awesome thing to do.
TXDirt
7/9/2018 7:02am
JustMX wrote:
Watched it the other night. it was a good movie, and if it does make one consider mending their relationship with a parent before time runs...
Watched it the other night. it was a good movie, and if it does make one consider mending their relationship with a parent before time runs out that is a good thing.

I haven't researched it but if Amy grant really did that thing on stage instead of singing it herself, that was an awesome thing to do.
The movie portrays is slightly differently but that's very close to what/how it happened. She was going to debut the song herself, but she changed her mind, telling Bart that this song is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him. So instead of her singing the song, the both sang the song together and she basically gave the song back to Bart and MercyMe after that.
Donovan759
7/9/2018 11:44am
Thanks for sharing TXDirt. I still have to watch it. It looks like a great movie. I'm sure its very powerful.
TXDirt
7/9/2018 6:09pm
Donovan759 wrote:
Thanks for sharing TXDirt. I still have to watch it. It looks like a great movie. I'm sure its very powerful.
Let me know what you think after you have a chance to watch it.

The Shop

MudPup545
7/10/2018 2:27am
Incredible movie.
Donovan759
7/10/2018 6:44am
Donovan759 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Let me know what you think after you have a chance to watch it.
I definitely will.
Scull79
7/10/2018 9:34am
The Wife and I saw it while it was in the theatres. Thought it was a great movie.

Post a reply to: MercyMe

The Latest