Merced, California

piscokid
Flying into Merced to pick up a car that I bought online. Any advice or things to do and see? Going to head in Yosemite for a couple of days before heading back east. While researching some things, I saw an article online that named it 1 of the top 10 worst cities in America....What did I get myself into?
|
ocscottie
9/1/2021 10:24am
You got that right Merced is kind of a shithole.
9/1/2021 10:35am
The Reason it's a Shit hole is because It's close to Modesto, which Is. Real Shit hole, and Stockton also a Shit hole,
Where are you from?
If you want to see ocean, you could cut over to Santa Cruz pretty easily!
Depending how much Time you have a drive along THE pacific coast Hwy also called hwy 1 is probably the prettiest drive in the world, not just USA but in the world in my opinion.
I'd Hit Santa Cruz and head south than you could cut back inland to go to Yosemite.
Along that route Depending how far you go.
Is Santa Barbara, Pismo Beach and lots of other beaches!
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/1/2021 10:43am
Check out the policy for getting into yosemite while you'll be there, over the summer they were limiting the number of people into the park. Might be different after labor day. Yosemite rules. The central valley not great but the east and west side of the sierras have some cool places to visit and of course there's the coast.
piscokid
9/1/2021 10:43am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 11:18am
From Ohio..

I will not be staying in Merced then. (or surrounding areas) Get in, pick up the car and head out.

Thought about dropping down to Pala for the national but that is going to take up a lot of time to burn Saturday at the races...Looks like I will just hit Yosemite for some hiking and hit up some places in Utah and Colorado before settling into the rest of the drive...

The Shop

piscokid
9/1/2021 10:47am Edited Date/Time 9/1/2021 11:19am
early wrote:
Check out the policy for getting into yosemite while you'll be there, over the summer they were limiting the number of people into the park. Might...
Check out the policy for getting into yosemite while you'll be there, over the summer they were limiting the number of people into the park. Might be different after labor day. Yosemite rules. The central valley not great but the east and west side of the sierras have some cool places to visit and of course there's the coast.
I made a reservation to spend the night in the park, which will allow me entry. I saw that reservations or car passes. were needed for entry. I would have never guessed. Thanks for the heads up!
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/1/2021 11:00am
piscokid wrote:
I made a reservation to spend the night in the park, which will allow me entry. I saw that reservations or car passes. were needed for...
I made a reservation to spend the night in the park, which will allow me entry. I saw that reservations or car passes. were needed for entry. I would have never guessed. Thanks for the heads up!
Nice, on your way out drive thru Tuolumne on rt 120 to the other side of the mountains.

Post a reply to: Merced, California

The Latest