Meanwhile in Australia....

Deja New
2/21/2021 1:12am
Had this guy sleeping in a corner over a flagget at the local practice day today slept through the entire day....
Bearuno
2/21/2021 3:10am Edited Date/Time 2/26/2021 3:58am
KMC440 wrote:
Drop lizard ?
Nope, but you better make damned sure you're Not standing around when they get frightened, and think you are a Tree.

I'm not kidding, they've vicious claws of a fair few inchs in length, and go for the nearest upright thing to scarper up. When I was a kid, a mate of mine got pretty bloody torn up by a Goanna / Parenti that we came across, and frightened.

Huntsmen - if the f**kers didn't have the habit of running at you, or dropping on you, or better still, crawling across your face when you are in bed, I'd have no problem with.

Funnel Webs - considering how aggro they are, and how bloody many of them are around our area, that we have buggerall deaths from them, is amazing. Until I took down a massive Jacaranda by my workshop, I'd get them waltzing across my floor. Turned out they were Tree Funnel Webs, and they were truly cranky bastards. Them, I either squished if they'd given me a fright, ( and I tell you what, you get a Bloody Fright when one walks over your Aussie Work Boots - thongs // flip flops to you Yanks - during a long weld bead) or I'd catch and take to the Vets so they could go to a milking lab.

Why a bloody Spider has 10 inch long fangs, and a Venom that makes Primates drown through uncontrolled fluid generation in the lungs, is beyond me. Our Indigenous mobs must have pissed them off over the millennia before us Euros got here, I reckon, for them to develop such bloody firepower.

The Shop

Post a reply to: Meanwhile in Australia....

The Latest