Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is on!

ocscottie
August 26th, done deal.

Thoughts?

|
themxlab
6/14/2017 3:42pm
It has been so nice watching UFC fights and not having to hear the name Connor McGregor. I don't like either one. Pacquiao won the last fight against Mayweather. Boxing is dead and rigged if that's possible.

On a positive note I am sick with a cold. Hope you're doing good Scott.
ocscottie
6/14/2017 3:48pm
You are so right Sean, it has been nice without his circus as of late. I can only imagine how bad this is going to get. The promotion of this fight will be off the charts

Get well my friend!
TXDirt
6/14/2017 3:56pm
If it's over $49.99 I will not buy it. This is more like a WWF event then UFC or boxing. I'd only buy it because it's a good circus show. Not because there is any meaningful matchup.
TXDirt
6/14/2017 3:58pm
themxlab wrote:
It has been so nice watching UFC fights and not having to hear the name Connor McGregor. I don't like either one. Pacquiao won the last...
It has been so nice watching UFC fights and not having to hear the name Connor McGregor. I don't like either one. Pacquiao won the last fight against Mayweather. Boxing is dead and rigged if that's possible.

PAC did not win that last fight. I wanted PAC to win but he had a hurt shoulder. The fight was boring a a total waste of money. That fight needed to happen 10 years ago to have any meaning.

I'm a big McGregor fan. Love his brash personality. That's not enough to get me to buy this fight if it's over $49.99.

The Shop

themxlab
6/14/2017 4:07pm
themxlab wrote:
It has been so nice watching UFC fights and not having to hear the name Connor McGregor. I don't like either one. Pacquiao won the last...

TXDirt wrote:
PAC did not win that last fight. I wanted PAC to win but he had a hurt shoulder. The fight was boring a a total waste...
PAC did not win that last fight. I wanted PAC to win but he had a hurt shoulder. The fight was boring a a total waste of money. That fight needed to happen 10 years ago to have any meaning.

I'm a big McGregor fan. Love his brash personality. That's not enough to get me to buy this fight if it's over $49.99.
"Hey, that's like your opinion man." Ha ha ha

The fight definitely needed that happened 10 years ago but it didn't. You are right that fight was boring but in my opinion and most of those that were watching saw Pacquiao winning it.

I did not pay for the last fight and will not pay for this fight but my neighbor will most likely get it and I will most likely watch it. It is a good reason to get together and hang out and possibly get blackout drunk and not remember anything.
greenmx5
6/14/2017 4:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 4:14pm
Go watch McGregor vs Diaz 2, then try to convince me that McGregor is going to last 12 three minute rounds with Floyd Mayweather. The first few rounds will be McGregor chasing Floyd around while Floyd dodges everything. He might land a few and there may even be one "OH SHIT" moment... But after McGregor gasses, Floyd will not go for the knockout punch. It will go 12 rounds and you may even fall asleep by the end if you're watching late at night on the east coast. I refuse to buy it and have my money go towards making either of these two richer. One is a boxing great while the other has never defended a belt in his life while all these casual MMA fans call him the GOAT.

Floyd wins by unanimous decision.

Then this BS will FINALLY be over and we can move on from seeing article after article every single week.
MR. X
6/14/2017 4:13pm
So hard to predict an outcome ,mayweather is so quick to get in and out but connor is a crazy good counter puncher with a ton of power in his left hand .
themxlab
6/14/2017 4:21pm
ocscottie wrote:
You are so right Sean, it has been nice without his circus as of late. I can only imagine how bad this is going to get...
You are so right Sean, it has been nice without his circus as of late. I can only imagine how bad this is going to get. The promotion of this fight will be off the charts

Get well my friend!
Thanks man, I am trying to catch this before it becomes pneumonia. My parents are picking me up some albuterol treatments and a Z-Pak from the pharmacy as I type.

Shawn told me the other day that Chael Sonnen is fighting Wanderlei Silva in Bellator. That has got to be some WWE style stuff right there. I think Chael Sonnen is hilarious most of the time.

And now back to Mayweather vs McGregor.... GO!
mxb2
6/14/2017 5:04pm
TXDirt wrote:
If it's over $49.99 I will not buy it. This is more like a WWF event then UFC or boxing. I'd only buy it because it's...
If it's over $49.99 I will not buy it. This is more like a WWF event then UFC or boxing. I'd only buy it because it's a good circus show. Not because there is any meaningful matchup.
Weird that people complain for a outdoor mx package for $50, but will buy this event for way more $$ and less time.
ocscottie
6/14/2017 6:01pm
TXDirt wrote:
If it's over $49.99 I will not buy it. This is more like a WWF event then UFC or boxing. I'd only buy it because it's...
expect 99.99 or as high as 125
MR. X
6/14/2017 6:06pm
TXDirt wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
expect 99.99 or as high as 125
I'm waiting to hear what ticket prices end up going for . Did they say where ? Vegas?
ocscottie
6/14/2017 6:07pm
MR. X wrote:
I'm waiting to hear what ticket prices end up going for . Did they say where ? Vegas?
little cheaper than the Paq fight.
ocscottie
6/14/2017 6:15pm
Just FYI: I am going by what they said on ESPN today, things could change.
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
6/14/2017 7:49pm
is there anyway this fight could liveup to the hype?

I cant see someone with no professional boxing fights, beating someone that is 49-0 and said by some to be the best defensive boxer ever,

JoJmoto
6/14/2017 8:17pm
Not even gonna watch it.. gonna be a boring dance.. Floyd will throw a punch and run away.. throw a punch run away... etc etc etc.. Conner will get frustrated and chase him.. Will wait to see it on youtube.
APLMAN99
6/14/2017 8:30pm
I bet it doesn't actually happen..........

Something will occur a few weeks before the date and it'll get cancelled. Gut feeling.
TXDirt
6/14/2017 9:36pm
TXDirt wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
Weird that people complain for a outdoor mx package for $50, but will buy this event for way more $$ and less time.
Yeah that is weired. You will need to quote them. I already have MX package.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/14/2017 10:13pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 10:14pm
ocscottie wrote:
August 26th, done deal.

Thoughts?

My thoughts

McGregor is a fucking marketing genius!

Win, Lose or Draw he'll be laughing his way to the bank when it's all said and done.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
6/14/2017 10:20pm
I know who the two are and their disciplines. I have also heard the rumors about this fight. However, thats about where my knowledge stops. So, forgive me for such an elementary question, but what are the rules for this fight? Just boxing? Just MMA? Some sort of hybrid?
6/14/2017 10:53pm
ocscottie wrote:
August 26th, done deal.

Thoughts?

-MAVERICK- wrote:
My thoughts

McGregor is a fucking marketing genius!

Win, Lose or Draw he'll be laughing his way to the bank when it's all said and done.
I agree with Mav.

I don't like CM, but respect the fact that he bullshitted his way into a payday that will set his kids up for life.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/14/2017 10:57pm Edited Date/Time 6/14/2017 11:04pm
kzizok wrote:
I know who the two are and their disciplines. I have also heard the rumors about this fight. However, thats about where my knowledge stops. So...
I know who the two are and their disciplines. I have also heard the rumors about this fight. However, thats about where my knowledge stops. So, forgive me for such an elementary question, but what are the rules for this fight? Just boxing? Just MMA? Some sort of hybrid?
Boxing rules. If it was MMA only Conor would destroy Mayweather. Mixed set of rules would be too complicated. With boxing Floyd has the advantage no doubt about that. That's how me made his living but at least Conor has some boxing skills in his repertoire. Mayweather doesn't have any MMA skills but boxing. I'm no expert but I wouldn't step in an MMA ring if my only MMA skills were improvising what I've seen on TV/Person. That's just a recipe to get badly hurt or worse killed.
Firefly47
6/15/2017 4:04am
APLMAN99 wrote:
I bet it doesn't actually happen..........

Something will occur a few weeks before the date and it'll get cancelled. Gut feeling.
My thoughts exactly.
mxb2
6/15/2017 5:43am
TXDirt wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
Yeah that is weired. You will need to quote them. I already have MX package.
Wasn't meant for you, just the general people complaining about $49,. And now will buy this fight lol. Ironic.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
6/15/2017 7:01am
kzizok wrote:
I know who the two are and their disciplines. I have also heard the rumors about this fight. However, thats about where my knowledge stops. So...
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Boxing rules. If it was MMA only Conor would destroy Mayweather. Mixed set of rules would be too complicated. With boxing Floyd has the advantage no...
Boxing rules. If it was MMA only Conor would destroy Mayweather. Mixed set of rules would be too complicated. With boxing Floyd has the advantage no doubt about that. That's how me made his living but at least Conor has some boxing skills in his repertoire. Mayweather doesn't have any MMA skills but boxing. I'm no expert but I wouldn't step in an MMA ring if my only MMA skills were improvising what I've seen on TV/Person. That's just a recipe to get badly hurt or worse killed.
Thats kind of what I was thinking.
F.B
6/15/2017 7:40am
This "fight" is a joke. It makes the japanese mma freakshows look like legit matchups.

Firefly47
6/15/2017 7:47am
And....sources are already saying Floyd wants to renegotiate everything and cancel it for now.
peelout
6/15/2017 9:37am
looking forward to it. i like both fighters
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/15/2017 9:51am
Have you guys ever seen this video? I remember watching it on tv along with my brother and a friend if ours and all we could do was laugh our asses off at how hardcore they were.

https://youtu.be/O5bHrH2Yqas
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3739th
6/15/2017 10:12am
They're both making a shit ton of money for that fight. McGregor will earn something like 100$ Million and Mayweather thinks he can rake in around 300$ Million. To be fair Mayweather will earn a paycheck as a fighter and promoter.

Post a reply to: Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is on!

The Latest